MK:3523-2615-6739

Do not taunt happy thread counts.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 PM   #122
bferrell
Now in HD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake
The next lady said people were "working 24 hours from Fort Worth, Texas" to get them out the door. Also stated "as far as we were told earlier today, everything had been shipped out, but then they said there was not enough manpower to get them out in time, but they are now working around the clock until they are all shipped out."

Perhaps since we don't get tracking numbers, and they have no clue when they *really* ship, it almost seems like that was a blanket email sent to EVERYONE, and more of a CYA measure than anything else. So perhaps some DID actually ship out today.

Oh, she also mentioned it was UPS they were shipping with.
{ EDIT: Scratch that, just got the bad news email... }

Now I'm worried that I *didn't* get this email.... who knows what that means...

(ordered about 11am EST - got my confirm at 12:20)
bferrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #123
aztivo

Has anyone gotten a tracking number I am on the phone with tivo and all she can say is that they have shipping issues and they are saying it "we say it usually ships in 1-2 days" This is soooo wrong I offered to email her my email that says ships in 1-2 days or have her go to the web site but she said they arent allowed to.
aztivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #124
nyjklein
J-E-T-S JetsJetsJets

Angry

This really is BS I just got the delayed e-mail also. I ordered at 10:45 AM ET on the 12th. When I called earlier today I was assured it would ship today and with my one day delivery charge be here tomorrow. I was taking off work to be here for the delivery because they usually have trouble delivering to my condo when no one's home to accept it. I also had a CableCard install scheduled for Saturday. Now this is ALL blown away.

This really is just unbelievable and inexcusable. The final straw was the outright, bald faced lie in the email. Who in their right mind believes they actually shipped anything out today at all? A bunch of people have posted here that ordered around the same time I had in the MORNING of the 12th and some even earlier. All of us got the e-mail. But no one has posted that they actually got the shipping confirmation e-mail.

Just flabbergasted
nyjklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:56 PM   #125
frankygamer

Look at it this way, if someone said you would have a series 3 two or three weeks ago would you be happy or pissed. I'm not gonna let a few more days drive me to canceling. Tivo is DVR SW company first. Some sort of (co-)hardware developmer 2nd, and distributor #3. They release one major product every year if that. They can't staff for that one day a year, they'd be even more in the red. I say enjoy the weekend, winters not far off for some of us.....

With that said I will be pissed if I don't get it early next week : )

BTW Anybody remember the fiasco of getting the first HR10-250? If tivo ships soon, it will be quite the improvement...................
frankygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #126
shady
We have chickens!

I got the e-mail as well, and like others, I ordered around 7am on the 12th.

I'm not that sad, because Comcast are dragging their feet with the cablecard install (have to wait 2 weeks)

Hats of to TiVo for doing the right thing, in refunding us our shipping. The fact that I shelled out $40 on overnight shipping is really the only thing that left a bad taste in my mouth, but TiVo have solved that.

It's also great news that they have higher demand than expected. The more S3 boxes they ship, the more they can justify spending development dollars on adding features for it, and the more we can ignore all the moaning minnies in the other threads complaining about how no one is going to buy an $800 TiVo etc. etc.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #127
Gregor

I'm not going to cancel. I'll be crankier if I have to cancel my comcast appt next Wednesday. If the box ships on Friday, as promised (whatever that is worth) it should still be here Tues.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #128
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Date of Purchase: 9/12/2006 11:40:00 AM (eastern time)

Still hoping ... lady this afternoon was "absolutely sure" it shipped.

I was ready to cancel. I was on the Circuit City web-site, had my order all set, Circuit City screen said tomorrow (Friday) it would arrive.

The lady said "can't cancel", "it's shipping today".

I was happy ... until now ... still holding out hope ...
Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #129
chain777

If any of you are in the chicago area, I was at the Fry's in Downer's Grove, and there were at least 4 on the floor. There didn't seem to be a mad rush, only a kid playing with the demo.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #130
fluxin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777
If any of you are in the chicago area, I was at the Fry's in Downer's Grove, and there were at least 4 on the floor. There didn't seem to be a mad rush, only a kid playing with the demo.
Thanks! I'll be going there tomorrow morning!
fluxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #131
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA

Debating what to do... Got the email; have Adelphia coming out on Saturday.

If there is no BB in the area that has it, I guess that I'll just reschedule Adelphia for another date.
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #132
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
If you ordered on Tuesday and requested overnight shipping, I might not cancel any weekend cable appointment just yet (unless there's some penalty). The e-mail does not state it didn't ship today. I'd be really pissed if I got the e-mail, cancelled the cable visit, and it arrived tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:32 PM   #133
Gregor

Yeah, you can always call Friday night to cancel

Old 09-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #134
irkedpenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor
Yeah, you can always call Friday night to cancel
After trying to call comcast and being on hold for 45 minutes, that sounds like a good idea.

Strangly, manage my account on the tivo page is down also
irkedpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:36 PM   #135
boomvader

I have COX coming out tomorrow afternoon. I also have a chance to pick one at a local B&M in the morning.

My question is: Can I 'use' the B&M Tivo as a stand-in for COX when they deliver and program the cards and then replace it with my tivo.com/vip Tivo when it arrives?
boomvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:37 PM   #136
aztivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvader
I have COX coming out tomorrow afternoon. I also have a chance to pick one at a local B&M in the morning.

My question is: Can I 'use' the B&M Tivo as a stand-in for COX when they deliver and program the cards and then replace it with my tivo.com/vip Tivo when it arrives?
no
Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #137
johnner1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankygamer
Look at it this way, if someone said you would have a series 3 two or three weeks ago would you be happy or pissed. I'm not gonna let a few more days drive me to canceling. Tivo is DVR SW company first. Some sort of (co-)hardware developmer 2nd, and distributor #3. They release one major product every year if that. They can't staff for that one day a year, they'd be even more in the red. I say enjoy the weekend, winters not far off for some of us.....

With that said I will be pissed if I don't get it early next week : )

BTW Anybody remember the fiasco of getting the first HR10-250? If tivo ships soon, it will be quite the improvement...................

I agree BUT TiVo is not actually doing the fullfilment on these (or any tivo box for that matter)
johnner1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #138
aztivo

per a manager at tivo they are out of them and dont know when they will be able to ship? Take that for what its worth
Old 09-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #139
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztivo
no
According to some you can use a retail S3 to convert to lifetime.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #140
aztivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater
According to some you can use a retail S3 to convert to lifetime.
Yea the manager said that he noted on my account that I can do this too..
Old 09-14-2006, 09:51 PM   #141
SoBayJake

Quote:
It depends. Not if the CableCard is "married" to the TiVo. You might be able to do it over the phone, and claim you had to have the box swapped for a hardware problem or something, and they might be able to reset it. Otherwise, they might force you to let a technician come out again...which is just plain silly.
SoBayJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #142
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake
The next lady said people were "working 24 hours from Fort Worth, Texas" to get them out the door. Also stated "as far as we were told earlier today, everything had been shipped out, but then they said there was not enough manpower to get them out in time, but they are now working around the clock until they are all shipped out."

Perhaps since we don't get tracking numbers, and they have no clue when they *really* ship, it almost seems like that was a blanket email sent to EVERYONE, and more of a CYA measure than anything else. So perhaps some DID actually ship out today.

Oh, she also mentioned it was UPS they were shipping with.
So I can't imagine mine should take more than a day to get to me ...
Old 09-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #143
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Someone should start a poll.

Will those that ordered on Tuesday morning with overnight shipping get their TiVo tomorrow.

I vote yes.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #144
LonV

Even though I got the same email as everybody else, I agree that I think it will be here tomorrow. Based on the level of confusion that they've created up to this point, I wouldn't be surprised. Additionally, the email could have been sent to mean that your "overnight shipping" didn't get it to you on Wed. or Thurs. which most originally assumed when they ordered it.

Generally I'm not an optomist...but I gotta dream man!

Although now I have to play a game to see what's the latest time I can cancel my Cox appointment tomorrow afternoon.
LonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:24 PM   #145
aztivo

I already canceled my cox appointment for tomorrow and now it is Tuesday... BTW I ordered from CC and will have a Series 3 on monday... way to lose that extra money tivo
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #146
boomvader

Quote:
Yea the manager said that he noted on my account that I can do this too..
I called the VIP number and asked them. They said no problem. It does NOT matter where the S3 comes from.

I think they have changed the text on the vip page, too. Unless I was high when reading it the first time, I thought it said we HAD to buy it online from tivo.com/vip?

-boom
Old 09-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #147
boomvader

Quote:
I already canceled my cox appointment for tomorrow and now it is Tuesday... BTW I ordered from CC and will have a Series 3 on monday... way to lose that extra money tivo
AZTIVO... check your PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #148
laserguns

THREE people told me that my S3 had shipped out today.
laserguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:32 PM   #149
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
I called the VIP number and asked them. They said no problem. It does NOT matter where the S3 comes from.

I think they have changed the text on the vip page, too. Unless I was high when reading it the first time, I thought it said we HAD to buy it online from tivo.com/vip?

-boom
it says this : TiVoŽ Series3TM HD DVR purchase required by 12/31/2006 and activation of the DVR is required by 01/31/2007. Series3 HD DVR must be purchased through TiVo.com. DVRs purchased through retail channels are not eligible.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cpucrash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:33 PM   #150
LonV

Quote:

-boom
No, the website still says the same thing:

"TiVoŽ Series3TM HD DVR purchase required by 12/31/2006 and activation of the DVR is required by 01/31/2007. Series3 HD DVR must be purchased through TiVo.com. DVRs purchased through retail channels are not eligible."
LonV is offline   Reply With Quote