TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #61
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Do we know for sure yet what carrier they're using?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:18 PM   #62
Franco
2 x Series3!

WOW, look at all the TiVo Series3 freaks that are ready to kill for a new TiVo!!! Just kidding...I ordered on Tuesday just like a lot of folks here from the TiVo website, so I'm in the same boat. This level of "enthusiasm" (bordering on townspeople with pitchforks and torches) has got to be a good sign for TiVo .

BTW, the order confirmation page when I placed the order said "Authorized and fulfilled by High Definition Entertainment, Inc." which, I believe, is based out of Concord, NH. Even if that is where that company is located, the boxes themsevles could be shipping out of only TiVo-knows-where.
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #63
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco
WOW, look at all the TiVo Series3 freaks that are ready to kill for a new TiVo!!! Just kidding...I ordered on Tuesday just like a lot of folks here from the TiVo website, so I'm in the same boat. This level of "enthusiasm" (bordering on townspeople with pitchforks and torches) has got to be a good sign for TiVo .

BTW, the order confirmation page when I placed the order said "Authorized and fulfilled by High Definition Entertainment, Inc." which, I believe, is based out of Concord, NH. Even if that is where that company is located, the boxes themsevles could be shipping out of only TiVo-knows-where.
They told me they would ship mine from Fort Worth TX.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cpucrash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:24 PM   #64
jhonaker

I just checked Circuit City and Best Buy again, and they both show new orders as shipping monday with tuesday as the earliest possible delivery date.

I'm wondering if they didn't jump the gun and start shipping before they were supposed to.

Oh, and yes, called TiVo about 10 mins ago. Spoke with a polite guy named Greg who took my order number, had to go to another system to check status, and said that my order had not shipped but was scheduled to ship today.

The chances of that seem pretty slim, but it sucks that there's no way to confirm yet. I scheduled to work from home tomorrow to sign for the box. I could probably switch the day to monday if I just knew one way or the other.

I guess I'll call them back in the morning and if I can't get confirmation that it has shipped, I'll head in to work after morning rush hour. That'll pretty much assure they try to deliver tomorrow afternoon.
jhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #65
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake
CSR: " ... but we won't get the tracking number until after its delivered probably"
I heard the same thing. Simply amazing.

With all the small-business software that USP, FedEx and DHL/Airborne have that allow direct linkage into all sorts of ordering systems, you would think that a professional fullfillment company would be able to track a package before it's actually delivered.

(I ordered a DT a couple months ago from tivo.com and got my confirmation email about a week after the box was delivered, so this isn't a problem unique to the Series 3 VIP offer).
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #66
jhonaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs
Do we know for sure yet what carrier they're using?
Each time I've called I've been told UPS.
jhonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #67
tivo_madness

order confirmation

How long does it take to get an order confirmation? I placed it yesterday and have not received anything. I have a temporary charge on my cc. Thanks!
tivo_madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #68
Franco
2 x Series3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpucrash0
They told me they would ship mine from Fort Worth TX.
I was there today! I wish I could do a will-call
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:29 PM   #69
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivo_madness
How long does it take to get an order confirmation? I placed it yesterday and have not received anything. I have a temporary charge on my cc. Thanks!
The only time I ordered from tivo.com, I got my confirmation about a week after my package arrived.

The credit card authorization might be an indication that they've actually processed the order, but who knows.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:42 PM   #70
bdraw

I gave up and went down to best buy, they had one on the shelf and I am running through gudied setup now.

When UPS eventualy comes I will refuse the package.

That will be the last time I order from TiVo.com, most Amazon/eBay stores have better service than that.

TiVo may want to stick to DVR's and avoid e-commerce.
bdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #71
alansplace
------ Alan ------

Cool hmmmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdraw
I gave up and went down to best buy, they had one on the shelf and I am running through gudied setup now.

When UPS eventualy comes I will refuse the package.

That will be the last time I order from TiVo.com, most Amazon/eBay stores have better service than that.

TiVo may want to stick to DVR's and avoid e-commerce.
good grief! didn't you read anything on the web page you sterted your order from:

How it works:

1. Buy your TiVo Series3 HD Digital Media Recorder for $799.99.
2. Once your new box arrives within 7-10 days

is quoted from http://www.tivo.com/2.0.3hdDvr.plt.asp

and it clearly says 7-10 days.
--
Alan
Toshiba RD-XS32S (DVR/DVD burner)
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:53 PM   #72
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace
good grief! didn't you read anything on the web page you sterted your order from:

How it works:

--
Alan
It also says ships within 48 hours. Which is today.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #73
sparkomatic

Interesting. When I purchased mine, it said 1-2 days. I think the biggest gripe, for me personally, is that I purchased from Tivo thinking I'd be the first to get it. Since I have to schedule the Cable Card install, the next day delivery thing isn't such a big deal. But, if I can get an earlier cable appt, I'll be looking around locally for a S3 and refusing delivery of Tivo's!
sparkomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #74
Aiken
Blah, blah, blah.

Has anyone's credit card actually been charged? I called mine, and they say it's authorized, but not charged, and it's 5pm on the day they were supposed to ship, so I'm a little uneasy about this. I'm hoping, though, that it's just because they don't charge until the fulfillment company says the order has shipped.
Aiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #75
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkomatic
Interesting. When I purchased mine, it said 1-2 days. I think the biggest gripe, for me personally, is that I purchased from Tivo thinking I'd be the first to get it. Since I have to schedule the Cable Card install, the next day delivery thing isn't such a big deal. But, if I can get an earlier cable appt, I'll be looking around locally for a S3 and refusing delivery of Tivo's!
yeah it did say 1-2 days at first but they changed it

Old 09-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #76
bdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace

How it works:

--
Alan
I ordered it from TiVo.com on Tuesday morning at 9:15 EST.
I don't care how long they think is acceptable, if I would have read the page, I wouldn't of ordered it from there in the first place.

If they want to learn something, they should look at Apple. They have the new iPods in the Apple store the day of Announcment. If you want it first you order it from Apple.com or go to the Apple store. This of course means mroe money for Apple. It is a sad day when Best Buy can provide better service than TiVo.com.

Don't take this as a knock to TiVo, just to their Web Store.
I have loved every TiVo product I have owned, but when I go to order my second Series 3( when the price is lower) I won't look to TiVo.com
Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #77
RCflier
In The Dark

Quote:
yeah it did say 1-2 days at first but they changed it
Good, I was starting to think I was crazy when I went and re-read it and it said 48 hours.
RCflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:12 PM   #78
khill821
Cool Guy! Really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCflier
Good, I was starting to think I was crazy when I went and re-read it and it said 48 hours.
Even with the new terminology, every Tusday order would've shipped by now... The level of CS by Tivo for this release has been pretty disappointing.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #79
musicforme
It's a Dry Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken
Has anyone's credit card actually been charged? I called mine, and they say it's authorized, but not charged, and it's 5pm on the day they were supposed to ship, so I'm a little uneasy about this.
I used to work for a major credit card issuer for almost five years.

I wouldn't let the fact that the charge hasn't posted yet be of concern. They may be waiting to move forward on recovering the money until it ships. Once they have the approval, I believe Tivo has at least a month to submit it for payment.

I placed my order around Noon on Tuesday and haven't seen one e-mail regarding it other than my order confirmation. I've been silent in these shipping related threads as I did see the reference to two days to ship and was ok with it.

Now that it is after 7pm CDT two business days after the transaction, I'm disappointed that I haven't received an e-mail with a tracking number. The only times I did not receive what I consider proper tracking information is when dealing with a person on E-bay or Half.com.

I expected more from Tivo, or whomever they contracted to handle the shipments. If I don't get something in my inbox tonight, this will be the last time I order directly from Tivo. I've had good experience with their customer service and tech support in the past and I'm surprised at the lack of Tivo input into these threads.
musicforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:26 PM   #80
cpucrash0
Premium Member

I am wondering why won't someone from tivo post a message so we can know what's really happening.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #81
Aiken
Blah, blah, blah.

Quote:
I am wondering why won't someone from tivo post a message so we can know what's really happening.
Um, I think you could take a pretty good guess about that. The silence began when the mob started to growl. I have a mental image of a house with all the doors and shutters closed.

Anyway, it's not like they're going to tell you anything you want to hear. I mean, really, don't we just want them to talk so we can argue with them?
Aiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:36 PM   #82
shady
We have chickens!

I just went back to look at my confirmation e-mail and noticed that I did something dumb. I entered the wrong apartment number!!! I was kind of in a hurry

Anyway, I phoned TiVo, and they told be to wait until I get the tracking number, and then either phone the shippers or phone them to get the number changed!

I just hope I get the tracking number before it's delivered!
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #83
LonV

I decided to call them and their automated response system asked if I ordered after 9/13 or not...leaving me to believe that orders on 9/12 were being treated differently. Either way, when I got to the rep she let me know that mine was "one of the ones to be shipped today".
LonV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #84
johnner1999

http://www.americansatellite.com/

this is who is full-filling

tracking info

877-367-8486?

all i know is this is a damn joke!!!!

starting to already 2nd guess spending the $800
johnner1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #85
irkedpenguin

Damnit, and I orderd on Sep 12 at 10:21 AM

Dear TiVo Customer,

Thank you for your TiVo Store purchase. Unfortunately, due to excessive order volumes for the TiVo Series3 HD Digital Media Recorder, your shipment has been delayed. We will be refunding all shipping charges to your account. The credit should post to your account within 3-7 business days.

Please be assured we will be shipping your order no later than Friday, 9/15/06. You will receive a shipment confirmation email with the tracking information at that time. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (877) 367-8486.

Best regards,

TiVo Customer Support
irkedpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #86
SoBayJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnner1999
http://www.americansatellite.com/

this is who is full-filling

tracking info

877-367-8486?

all i know is this is a damn joke!!!!

starting to already 2nd guess spending the $800
A DirecTV company fulfilling for the Series 3 TiVo?
SoBayJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #87
SoBayJake

Quote:
Originally Posted by irkedpenguin
Damnit, and I roders on Sep 12 at 10:21 AM

Dear TiVo Customer,

Thank you for your TiVo Store purchase. Unfortunately, due to excessive order volumes for the TiVo Series3 HD Digital Media Recorder, your shipment has been delayed. We will be refunding all shipping charges to your account. The credit should post to your account within 3-7 business days.

Please be assured we will be shipping your order no later than Friday, 9/15/06. You will receive a shipment confirmation email with the tracking information at that time. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. In the meantime, if you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at (877) 367-8486.

Best regards,

TiVo Customer Support
When did you get this notice? I haven't gotten one yet. Were you in the VIP order set, or the regular order set? I ordered from the VIP site, but not until 3:45 PM Pacific time.
SoBayJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #88
Gregor

Just got the letter too.

I wonder if that means that it's still coming 2nd day like I wanted or because it's free, it's coming on the slow boat.

Edit: ordered about 10:15 AM ET on Tues.

MK:3523-2615-6739

Do not taunt happy thread counts.
Gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #89
bdraw

Yep, just got the same email.
Boy am I glad I picked up that one from Best Buy today.

I have another one from Best Buy on order, supposed to have it Sunday.

I will sell it at my cost to the first person to reply to this message, if no one wants it I will ebay it.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #90
irkedpenguin

SoBayJake,

I ordered through VIP.

I called earlier and was told that it would ship today.

Now I have to cancel my comcast install for Saturday.
irkedpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote