TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #31
mwarner

I'm keeping my fingers crossed today. I ordered mine at 8:19AM EDT on Tuesday, so I hope I'm one of the ones shipping today... otherwise, I will have to reschedule the cable card install.

Just as an aside: The tech with the cable cards is also coming out with the head of digital infrastructure in my area. They've never seen a S3 before (had to look it up on the web while I was ordering my cards) and they want to have their 'best guys' there for the install. Cards are $1.95/mo each, but a $40 install charge to roll the truck.

Please please TiVo, ship mine today!

-Matt
mwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #32
ah30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwarner
I'm keeping my fingers crossed today. I ordered mine at 8:19AM EDT on Tuesday, so I hope I'm one of the ones shipping today... otherwise, I will have to reschedule the cable card install.

Just as an aside: The tech with the cable cards is also coming out with the head of digital infrastructure in my area. They've never seen a S3 before (had to look it up on the web while I was ordering my cards) and they want to have their 'best guys' there for the install. Cards are $1.95/mo each, but a $40 install charge to roll the truck.

Please please TiVo, ship mine today!

-Matt
Charge them for the peep show.
ah30k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 PM   #33
joey398

I just spoke with Tivo on the phone. I was also told that orders will start being shipped out today. I was then told that they had no way to check the status for my order today.

They then said that I could call back tommorrow morning and they will be able to tell me the status for my order (based on my order number). Who knows.....

The woman on the phone also told me that they had over 1000 orders for the units and were not expecting that. I am thinking to myself you know how many people have lifetime memberships and you didnt think it would be possible that a good portion of these people would order them? (not even talking abotu people chomping at the bit for HD dual tuner for non-satellite).

DUH.

Anyway...waiting with baited breath. I wish I knew if it was coming tommorrow so I could call out sick at work. lol
joey398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #34
Dssturbo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah30k
Charge them for the peep show.
yes, type out an invoice and give it to them when they leave. say $100 and it can be paid in 30 days or taken off your cable bill
Dssturbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:21 PM   #35
jfh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey398
The woman on the phone also told me that they had over 1000 orders for the units and were not expecting that.

The number of orders they were expecting is irrelevant.

They must have been expecting SOME orders on Tuesday and should've been prepared to start shipping boxes on TUESDAY.

I ordered early Tuesday morning because of the VIP terms and paid for overnight shipping so I would have it yesterday. Not happy. Then I realized the 1-2 delay and now may not see if before Monday (because apparently not all orders placed Tuesday will be shipped today).

And had to reschedule a CC install from today, which since I scheduled, will have to pay for, if they can't get to the installer before he gets here.
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #36
etsolow
Don't Try

And still not a peep from the Tivo employees...
etsolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #37
JanS

I'm another anxious user that just got off the phone from speaking with TiVo. I had a long hold time the first call after I got past their voice response system (mabe TellMe?). At any rate the second time thru, I got Sales and she was able to call up my info supposely using the confirm # I got when I ordered online at TiVo's website.

She said my order is one of the ones going out "today" and then yes I will receive a shipping confirm email, maybe tonight (thurs, 9/14).

I ordered my S3 around 18:00 PDT yesterday, Wed. (9/13).

I'm watching this thread to see updates on when people start actually receiving orders from TiVo's site...

Cheers,
--jans
JanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #38
jgsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehardman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsx
I called and asked for my tracking info yesterday. The guy had obviously had this coversation several times. He told me with a firm tone that it said it wouldn't ship until 9/14 RIGHT ON the order form, so I knew that when I ordered.

I'm disputing the overnight charge on my credit card. Even if I don't win, it's still my way of saying F U to tivo.com and hopefully it wastes some of their time.

I think you forgot to take your medication.
you think that it is crazy for me to be unhappy? I ordered a unit from their 'VIP' site and paid for overnight shipping&handling. That was two days ago and my box hasn't shipped yet. It is not crazy to want to dispute the shipping&handling charge
jgsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #39
rainwater

Quote:
you think that it is crazy for me to be unhappy? I ordered a unit from their 'VIP' site and paid for overnight shipping&handling. That was two days ago and my box hasn't shipped yet. It is not crazy to want to dispute the shipping&handling charge
It is when it says it will be 1-2 business days before its shipped.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #40
jgsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater
It is when it says it will be 1-2 business days before its shipped.
They say that on virtually all websites when you order, but they still ship that day or the next. Calling it a VIP list when they shipped out to a ton of other places first is BS
Old 09-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #41
jgsx

I just off the phone with Tivo. My box did not ship today. Now I'm really unhappy.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #42
SoBayJake

Quote:
I just off the phone with Tivo. My box did not ship today. Now I'm really unhappy.
Did they say for sure it won't ship? Depending on where they ship from, there is still time. Its only 3 PM here on the west coast. Usually if they ship by 4 or 5, it will still be counted as "shipping today."
SoBayJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #43
cpucrash0
Premium Member

I just got off the phone with tivo and they said they shipped it overnight and didn't even ask for my order number. I asked for 2day but she said overnight without looking at my info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cpucrash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:14 PM   #44
RCflier
In The Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpucrash0
I just got off the phone with tivo and they said they shipped it overnight and didn't even ask for my order number. I asked for 2day but she said overnight without looking at my info.
that would be VERY cool. I'm too lazy to call to check on mine (9AM Tuesday order, 2 day)
RCflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #45
jgsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBayJake
Did they say for sure it won't ship? Depending on where they ship from, there is still time. Its only 3 PM here on the west coast. Usually if they ship by 4 or 5, it will still be counted as "shipping today."
They just changed their ordering system so they can't eaisly access orders places a few days ago. The rep had to put me on hold for about 10 minutes and had to search by credit card number. She finally came back and said that it still hasn't shipped. She didn't mention if they were still shipping out today. She said I should have it Monday.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #46
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
They just changed their ordering system so they can't eaisly access orders places a few days ago. The rep had to put me on hold for about 10 minutes and had to search by credit card number. She finally came back and said that it still hasn't shipped. She didn't mention if they were still shipping out today. She said I should have it Monday.
When did you order?

Old 09-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #47
SoBayJake

Quote:
I think they are being told to just tell everyone "ship on Thursdays" and some CSRs are actually looking up info.
When I called before, the guy asked "which product? was it the HD TiVo?" and just said "they are shipping on Thursday"
Old 09-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #48
jgsx

Quote:
When did you order?
Tuesday night online
Old 09-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #49
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Tuesday night online
I ordered tuesday morning at around 9:10am central time

Old 09-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #50
jgsx

Quote:
I ordered tuesday morning at around 9:10am central time
Did you get a tracking # yet? The helpful rep (I spoke to several before I got anywhere) said that if you don't have tracking number 49 hours after you placed your order, there is a problem
Old 09-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #51
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Did you get a tracking # yet? The helpful rep (I spoke to several before I got anywhere) said that if you don't have tracking number 49 hours after you placed your order, there is a problem
They said they don't have tracking numbers untill 48 hours after shipment.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #52
jgsx

Quote:
What a horrible system
Old 09-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #53
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
What a horrible system
Yeah I know... IT SUCKS

Old 09-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #54
RCflier
In The Dark

Quote:
That's wierd, my S2 I got a while back shipped one day, and the next morning I had the tracking number.
RCflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #55
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCflier
That's wierd, my S2 I got a while back shipped one day, and the next morning I had the tracking number.
Maybe there using a different company that will ship the series 3 for them

Old 09-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #56
SoBayJake

Quote:
Are we back in the early days of computers, and only do batch processing on everything?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #57
cheerdude
Reed & Juliet's CPA

What number is everyone calling to get their order status? And is it a 24-hour line?
cheerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #58
cpucrash0
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerdude
What number is everyone calling to get their order status? And is it a 24-hour line?
I'm calling (800)292-9104.
It's the number on the order confirmation email.

Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 PM   #59
SoBayJake

I just called, since its been over 48 hours. She took my order #, gave me tracking info, and said
CSR: "yes...it was shipped out using 2 day delivery"
Me: "I paid for 1 day, and my email shows that"
CSR: "Oh, its probably just a bug in our system"
(meanwhile I track on FedEx.com - it was delivered...way back on Jan 20th!)
I mention this to her
CSR: "oh wait..what did you order?"
Me: "The Series 3 HD TiVo"
CSR: "oh..I need to check another database...we have a new one just for that"
(click, click, click)
CSR: "its all set to ship, but we won't get the tracking number until after its delivered probably"
Me: "so it was shipped out today?"
CSR: "Yes, it was"

Take that however you like! I'll keep my fingers crossed...my cable card install isn't until Tues, so I have time!

-Jake
Old 09-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #60
jfh3

Quote:
I'm calling (800)292-9104.
It's the number on the order confirmation email.

Just another way to get 877-BUY-TIVO.

I'm one of the unlucky ones - I paid for overnight shipping, but not only will my box not be shipped today, she couldn't confirm that it would go out tomorrow, but only "I should get the box "sometime next week", maybe Monday, but don't count on it.

I give the rep credit for actually checking the status of my order (it took her a few minutes), but she repeated what others have said - they weren't expecting anywhere near the number of orders they got.

She did say that the overnight shipping charges would be refunded (and supposedly did it while I was on the phone), but that's little consolation.

Really poor execution Tivo.

(And my order was in early Tuesday morning, MT)
jfh3 is offline   Reply With Quote