TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #2701
Pricele$$Vulture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalec View Post
So I'm a former series 2 user who now uses the HD DVR from Time Warner in New York City. I'm seriously considering getting the HD Tivo but after reading a lot of posts it seems that the whole cable card issue makes it more hassle than it's worth.

Are we just seeing the isolated issues here or is this truly a widespread problem? Is it worth it?

Thanks.
I agree. I'm in NYC too and recently bought the TIVO HD and am second guessing it now. I hate TWC and am sure that they will screw up the cable card installation. I'll be shocked if it goes off without a hitch.
Tivo dropped the ball by leaving us at the mercy of the cable companies. Would it have been that hard to create something that works with the cable box?

Vulture.
Pricele$$Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:06 PM   #2702
lycanhunter

Cincinnati Ohio - Time Warner.
New HD Tivo - have had 2 different Techs come out with different cableCARDs. The cards are paired from the home office to the slot and tivo device.

The problem is after reboot it works for about 15 minutes (where I get all channels lower cable channels, local channels, and upper (HD) channels.)
After 15 minutes the only channels that stay are the upper HD (900's) channels. All the standard cable channels and the local analog channels go away. This occurs each time. Time Warner just keep sending out TECHs who have said they have no real expertise in the cablecards. They simply follow the screens on the TIVO and call the home office to record the HOST ID and make sure they are paired.
The cable company has no other offer but to send out another tech to install another card again and again. The strange part to me is that the HD channels still work through the cableCARDs but all the lower cable channels do not work anymore. Anyone else seen this similar issue.
lycanhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #2703
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricele$$Vulture View Post
I agree. I'm in NYC too and recently bought the TIVO HD and am second guessing it now. I hate TWC and am sure that they will screw up the cable card installation. I'll be shocked if it goes off without a hitch.
Tivo dropped the ball by leaving us at the mercy of the cable companies. Would it have been that hard to create something that works with the cable box?
Yes, it would have been that hard. There are not sufficient standards other than cable card to handle the DRM issues involved with HD. The cable companies are legally required to support the cable card devices; would you really want TiVo to go some other route that the cable companies are not required to support? That would be much more of a mess.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #2704
mercurial
Retro-Av

Question Happy New Year's from TWC Raleigh/Cary?

Ok, maybe I missed this since I've been off in meet-mode and holiday-travel-mode for the past week or so, but...

It looks like not only has TWC NOT moved all the channels to SDV that they'd threatened previously, but A&E HD, TBSHD, and GolfHD that previously didn't work (assuming because they were SDV) now all work for me plus now we have FoodHD, NatGeo HD, and HGTV HD added that don't appear to be SDV either...?
Old 01-02-2008, 11:56 AM   #2705
dolfer
Myles Standish Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
Ok, maybe I missed this since I've been off in meet-mode and holiday-travel-mode for the past week or so, but...

It looks like not only has TWC NOT moved all the channels to SDV that they'd threatened previously, but A&E HD, TBSHD, and GolfHD that previously didn't work (assuming because they were SDV) now all work for me plus now we have FoodHD, NatGeo HD, and HGTV HD added that don't appear to be SDV either...?
This is what happened in Cincinnati too... There were several channels that were *not* accessible via CableCards and within the last week or so they are now all available.

ESPN2
AE
History
TBS
Food
HGTV

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sony SXRD 60A2020 | Onkyo TX-SR705 | Tivo HD | LG BD570 | Toshiba HD-A3 | Wii | Xbox 360
dolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #2706
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfer View Post
This is what happened in Cincinnati too... There were several channels that were *not* accessible via CableCards and within the last week or so they are now all available.

ESPN2
AE
History
TBS
Food
HGTV
Makes you wonder what is going on.... Perhaps they have decided to temper what they move to SDV until the resolver is available due to complaints.... or perhaps Mystro Naviagator currently sucks too bad to do a mass migration. I guess we will just have to wait and see....
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #2707
moosedog2000

TIME WARNER is kiling me in Cleveland, OH. I have had the tech out, who brought one card for my Tivo HD (I requested 2 of course) and then left before it was fully installed. Turns out the card does not received anything above 100 and so I called about 15 minutes later. I asked if the guy was still in the area, if he could come back and check it out, but they gave me a new appointment instead which is approx. 2 weeks away. We went through the menus and what-not and rebooted the thing, but the one thing they (TW) flat-out refused to do was attempt to pair the card again. They said it looks like it was never paired, but the tech had to be standing there on the phone to do this. This is so stupid. I have read that some cities allow you to just pick up or have the cards delivered and you activate them yourself.

Time Warner has the worst training for its phone reps and the hands-down worst customer service. They are giving me a credit for the 2 weeks I am without HD, but I would prefer to have the guy out to my house fixing it rather than take the 40 bucks or whatever. Also I requested a supervisor call me back, they said it would be 24-48 hours and it has now been 192 hours without a call. Awesome customer service, TW! Too bad they have a cable monopoly and that Tivo HD does not work with satellite or I'd have a dish on my house right now.
moosedog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #2708
wehokev

Recent SoCal Experience

I live in West Hollywood, CA. We have Time Warner SoCal, it was formerly Adelphia.

I bought a new HD Tivo for our bedroom. I scheduled the cable card installation for Dec 26. The tech came out with three Single Stream Cards. One was DOA. The other two S-Cards were installed by the tech, but never picked up any channels.

The tech was about to leave when he got through to his boss who told him to call "dispatch" and ask for "Daryl". Daryl was at lunch. The tech stuck around for about an hour trying different things including multiple reboots of the TiVo, all to no avail. Daryl, the cable card expert at dispatch returned from lunch. He was unable to bind the channels to the cards. So the tech left.

The next day a different tech came out with two Multiple Stream Cards. Yeah! The guy explained that the M-Cards are in high demand / short supply and that they were much more reliable than the old S-Cards. He popped the first one in, it picked up all the channels right away after a quick call. This tech knew to call Daryl on his own. He was in and out in 20-30 minutes.

I almost had him install his second M-Card in my original Series 3 in the living room. It currently has two S-Cards in it. But I didn't, under the “if it ain't broke don't fix it” policy. Sadly on Jan 1 one of the S-Cards in the living room went out. I haven't had time to mess around with it so maybe it will not have to be replaced. But I know that if it does I am going to beg for a M-Card like I have in the bedroom.

The moral of the story, if you are on Time Warner in the greater Los Angeles area ask for M-Cards and suggest that your tech call Daryl in dispatch.

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

Kewords: Time Warner, SoCal, West Hollwood, Cable Card Installation
wehokev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #2709
ilh

I thought the S3 cannot use M cards (unlike the HD).
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #2710
DaveDFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilh View Post
I thought the S3 cannot use M cards (unlike the HD).
The S3 can use M-cards, but that model treats them as S-cards, ie, you'll need two M-cards to use the dual-tuner functionality.

I've got two S3's with Time-Warner, each with two M-cards, working correctly.

TTYL
David
DaveDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #2711
ilh

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.
ilh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #2712
AJRitz
Princess Anti-Santa

TWC Kansas City came out and did my CableCARD install today. I haven't had a chance to test everything yet, but so far, so good.

I did a spot check of HBOHD, and that tuned in fine. I figured if I was going to have a problem, a premium HD channel would be the first place it would come up.

UPDATE: I did a thorough check, and it did turn out that I had one glitch - digital channels above 200 didn't come in on one of my four CableCARDs. But all it took to fix it was 47 minutes on hold with Time-Warner, followed by about 2 minutes for the CSR to re-hit the card and all was well.

Oh, and what they installed was 4 Scientific Atlanta S-cards. The installer only brought two cards with him. I explained that I had been explicit with the Sales CSR that the installer needed to bring either two M-cards or four S-cards, and had even instructed her to write EXACTLY that in the notes (but instead she simply wrote "bring cards for two Tivo boxes"). I also explained that I was NOT going to pay for a second truck roll for more cards. So the installer's boss drove two more cards out to him while the installer and I worked on the first two.

Last edited by AJRitz : 01-02-2008 at 11:56 PM.
AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #2713
Tim N.

Can Phones degrade a video feed?

I took TW up on their "all the best " offer for cable+Internet+phones. The order to change was done Dec 21. The phones were finally installed 1/2. I was not home when the install was performed. The video for HD looks worse after the install. Is that possible? If it's digital then it should be dark or perfect, right?

I also added a TIVO-HD to my equipment list this Christmas. I called to schedule the cablecard installation on 12/26. After the usual 20 minute HOLD period, I was told that TW cannot schedule a work order when another work order is outstanding. So, it's my fault they can't install their VOIP modem before 1/2. I then called on 1/2 and waited another HOLD period. They explained that I still could not schedule the cablecard install because their database had not been updated to show the VOIP modem install was completed. I asked to talk to a supervisor. They said they would call me after the VOIP install was input so I wouldn't have to call a third time. [Shame on me] I believed them. Yep, no call ever came. I called again today and invested my third HOLD experience. Now they said sure we would love to charge you another $3.50 per card, per month, but the soonest we can get there is 1/8. ...and that will just be the start of the cablecard install saga.

Don't you just love TW?
Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #2714
mercurial
Retro-Av

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim N. View Post
Don't you just love TW?
Uhm... No...?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #2715
stellablue96

help

hey everyone..

I am sorry if I sound lost...but I am.

I just moved to NYC and have time warner and my tivo.

It is a series 2 (non HD)

So...to get it to work...

do I have to call time warner and ask them to come and install cable cards? if i do this will I only get channels under 78?? or all my channels???

sorry...I know there are a ton of posts on this but reading through all 71 pages is a bit scary.

thanks so much for the help!
stellablue96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #2716
Midwest User1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminaldawn View Post
Hello,

Time Warner came out to my place in Milwaukee (more specifically Oak Creek) yesterday and put in two SA S cards in My HD Tivo yesterday I have a couple of issues. Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.

1. Probably the most annoying is Pixelization I see on some HD channels. I also see motion artifacts quite frequently on HD channels which I don't remember seeing with my Time Warner DVR... I am not sure if this could be a signal issue? Thoughts? I have read a post that says to try adding Attenuators to the line, anyone in the Milwaukee area have this issue and has had positive results resolving this?

2. I am missing quite a few HD Channels. I spent about 3 hours on the phone with Time Warner trying to get them to "reauthorize" my cards, they even removed and re-added all my HD channels back to each card, however this didnt fix my issues. They are sending out a technical supervisor out to check my lines and such but I fear that this wont solve anything.

Here is the list of channels I am missing. Anyone in the Milwaukee area have these channels?

528 - ESPN2 HD
530 - ESPN HD
532 - UHD
533 - TNT HD
541 - Discovery HD
I'm in Waukesha, WI. and I have a TIVO HD and a Series 3 (both have 2 S-cards in each). I am receiving all of the channels you listed EXCEPT for ESPN 2 HD (Channel 528). This sounds like your cards were not paired correctly with the full channel lineup that you subscribe to. Verify with them that they "authorized" your cards with the HD package also. This happened to me as the first time they authorized my cards they authorized them with basic cable service only. I called them and had them reauthorize all of my cards with the correct channel lineup, which included the HD package. Also sometimes it takes a few hours for the "authorization hit" to reach your cards if their system is backed up.

Try going into your "diognostics" screen for each cable card to see what it shows your signal strength to be. From what I've been reading a signal anywhere from 80-100 should be O.K. however I'm not sure if that is indeed true. I get the pixelation minimally (i.e. only once in a while) on certain channels. I do know that prior to my TIVO boxes upgrading themselves to the 9.2a software the pixelation was worse. This upgrade happened within a day or two of connecting them to the Internet so that issue was short lived. I believe that so far most of the pixelation issues are from either too weak of a signal or too strong of a signal.

Last edited by Midwest User1 : 01-03-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Midwest User1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:43 PM   #2717
Midwest User1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfer View Post

ESPN2
AE
History
TBS
Food
HGTV
Did any of you have to run the "guided setup" again to start getting those channels? Or did you just start getting them?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:55 PM   #2718
mercurial
Retro-Av

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest User1 View Post
Did any of you have to run the "guided setup" again to start getting those channels? Or did you just start getting them?
I just got a lineup change message and they showed up. Now for the older ones I'd removed from the channel list, I didn't know they were working until I went back and re-added them manually to the list.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:01 PM   #2719
AJRitz
Princess Anti-Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellablue96 View Post
hey everyone..

I am sorry if I sound lost...but I am.

I just moved to NYC and have time warner and my tivo.

It is a series 2 (non HD)

So...to get it to work...

do I have to call time warner and ask them to come and install cable cards? if i do this will I only get channels under 78?? or all my channels???

sorry...I know there are a ton of posts on this but reading through all 71 pages is a bit scary.

thanks so much for the help!
A Series 2 TiVo box doesn't do any channel tuning itself. Rather, it sends an IR signal to a cable box, telling the cable box to tune a channel. So no, you don't need any cable cards. You just need to set up your Series 2 TiVo such that it can send the IR signals to your cable box.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #2720
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
A Series 2 TiVo box doesn't do any channel tuning itself. Rather, it sends an IR signal to a cable box, telling the cable box to tune a channel. So no, you don't need any cable cards. You just need to set up your Series 2 TiVo such that it can send the IR signals to your cable box.
The S2 does in fact have an NTSC analog tuner in it.... You can optionally set it up in the mode you suggest though and not use the tuner.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #2721
Midwest User1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
I just got a lineup change message and they showed up. Now for the older ones I'd removed from the channel list, I didn't know they were working until I went back and re-added them manually to the list.
Thanks. I'm in a different market than the those who have noticed SDV channels now showing up but I'll check for the heck of it.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #2722
mack89464

Time Warner Los Angeles CableCARD woes - ongoing

All - update to my posting from Dec 23rd where TWC can not get both M cards working in my TiVo Series 3HD

I was supposed to get a call from someone in IS yesterday to help configure the cards now that TiVo have confirmed they are not set up correctly.

No one called (I know - shocking!) I tried calling the manager that I had a direct number for but his mailbox is full. I divert to another mailbox and its also full.

Today I called the original field tech and he said someone would call me right back. That was at 2.30pm - its now 4.08pm and of course no one has called. I followed up with the field tech again and he's doing all he can to get people to call me but he's only one man fighting agains the awfulness that is Time Warner Cable.

If no one calls back today I'm going to cancel my account. I would rather do without TV (I don't watch a huge amount of "must see" TV anyway) and put my TiVo in a closet than have to deal with the daily agony of dealing with these fools.

I wish my apartment building allowed Dish installation - I'd go with DirecTV in a heartbeat!

Update: The excellent field tech that helped me before is coming out to me again tomorrow. He doesnt work Fridays but he's going to come out and help me with the IS team and get it fixed once and for all.
The field techs are so helpful (or at least try to be) the call center staff are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Hopefully tomorrow the final update will be me cheering and clapping at everything working again :-)
We'll see!

Last edited by mack89464 : 01-03-2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: updated information
mack89464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #2723
juggler314

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler314 View Post
Figured I might as well post my experience so far (in the midst of it).

I called up last week to schedule an appointment. Had to make several calls as 2x I was "transferred" to nowhere and hung up on! Finally scheduled my visit for 12/28 (fri) 6-9pm. Incidentally while on the call with the CSR he told me I would not recieve *any* HD content, because it does not work with CCs. I told him this is absolutely not correct - he went offline to speak with some sort of supervisor and said the supervisor thought that was the case too. It really is amazing that TWC can't produce a 1 pager cheat sheet for these calls...

Anyway, on to this past friday. I pick up my Tivo earlier in the day, leave work early so I have plenty of time to setup/update the software. I'm all good to go. 6-9, no tech. I called up around 8:45 to checkin, then again after 9. They kept telling me the guy is coming. 10pm I call again. Now tech support is closed and they tell me there's nothing they can do. I will have to reschedule. Now here's the ridiculous thing - apparently even though they just didn't show up you still can't reschedule anything except through the official tech visit system - ie whatever the next open slot is. Which for me isn't until 1/3, almost a full week later. I asked and was told that no matter what happens future visits can only be scheduled into an open slot in he computer system. Moral of this story - don't schedule your visits for the evening as at least if it's earlier in the day you might be able to get them to still come...

One nice perk is that I did get a free months cable service out of the debacle. I will most certainly make them give me furthter months service for free if they screw up on the next visit.

To TWC's credit, all the CSR's I spoke with trying to find the tech were very nice and did their part of the job as well as they could.

I'll update this when the cable guy actually comes on 1/3 (which I will have to have my gf do since I'll be on vacation - that should be fun as she's not that technically minded!)

I did b*tch out the supervisor I spoke to about CC installs. I asked "can't I just pick these up at the customer center" (of course I already know the answer to this is NO). He checks and says no, I ask why. He says it's too technical. So I go "so inserting a card into a slot, reading a number off the screen, calling a phone number and telling a tech to pair that cards ID with my account, then sending a signal to wake the card up is too technical". To this the guy basically stutters and then tries to tell me that I could break the card if I did it wrong (physically he meant - I haven't seen these things in person yet, but i'm guessing like most things it's impossible to insert upside down or backwards).

Sigh...
So...second install date was today. Another no-show. Called up to complain again. They *claim* they are going to try and get the morning guy out here tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath given what I know about how scheduling works (or doesn't work!) within TWCNYC

These guys are a piece of work...

BTW has anyone noticed how when you are on hold with TWCNYC instead of something like "please stay on the line we'll be with you shortly" every few minutes, they just have a big minute long chunk of dead silence. I'm positive they do that to encourage people to think they've been hung up on and hang up thus shortening the queue...
juggler314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:35 AM   #2724
trol1374

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack89464 View Post
All - update to my posting from Dec 23rd where TWC can not get both M cards working in my TiVo Series 3HD

Hopefully tomorrow the final update will be me cheering and clapping at everything working again :-)
We'll see!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but doesn't the TivoHD only allow use of one (1) M card or 2 S cards? You can't use 2 mcards in the tivoHD.
Unless you are saying you have 2 Tivo's?
trol1374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:13 AM   #2725
pkscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by trol1374 View Post
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but doesn't the TivoHD only allow use of one (1) M card or 2 S cards? You can't use 2 mcards in the tivoHD.
Unless you are saying you have 2 Tivo's?
You're reading it wrong. The Series 3 and the TivoHD are different products. The TivoHD will notice a second M-card and tell you to eject it. The Series 3 doesn't yet know how to use an M-card as a multistream decoder, so you can put two in that one and it will treat them as two S-cards.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #2726
gamo62

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack89464 View Post
I wish my apartment building allowed Dish installation - I'd go with DirecTV in a heartbeat!
As long as you do not permanently attach it to their property, they cannot stop you. Get a bucket, put some concrete in it, set the pole and you're good to go.

Of course this all assumes you have the correct line of sight for the SAT.
gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #2727
chuvakuhn

I have a fairly new TivoHD with the 9.X software. The cable service is Time Warner Cable Southern Manhattan here in NYC. About a week ago, I started to experience some blank channels(all black screen). Some shows were partially recorded before going blank. I really didn't look too much into this problem since I was going on vacation, I was hoping that the glitch will resolve itself by the time I come back.

When I got home from vacation two days ago, I checked my TivoHD and it no longer receives any channels except for a limited lineup - both SD and HD. The diagnostic screen show that the blank channels are tuned, with noise ratio of 36-37, but with no picture, and they are not random at all. It looks as if the cable card is only programmed to receive basic channels. The following is what I can receive:

1 NY1
2 WCBS
3 TNT
4 WNBC
5 FOX (WNYW)
7 WABC
8 TBS
10 CNN
11 CW11 (WPIX)
702 WCBS HDTV
703 TNT in HD
704 WNBC HDTV
705 WNYW HD
707 WABC HDTV
708 TBS HD
709 WWOR HD
711 WPIX-HD
713 Thirteen HD

I tried both a reset and a power down. The blanks channels would show a split second of the picture and then display a cable card screen indicating that I should call the cable company, the phone number, cable card SN and host ID are displayed. It would do this only once on every tuned blank channel after a reset or power down. I called TWC and they tried sending a signal to the card. It worked the first time, I was good for about 5 minutes and then the same channels started to blank out again. A second call to TWC(a long wait) and a second sent signal did nothing. Now I have a scheduled appointment for this Saturday for the cable guy to look into this.

Very frustrating.

**When the single Multi-stream cable was first installed, the operator only needed the host ID and not the card SN, as opposed to what is indicated in the Tivo setup guide. I hope this wasn't the cause of the problem.
chuvakuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #2728
terminaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminaldawn View Post
Hello,

Time Warner came out to my place in Milwaukee (more specifically Oak Creek) yesterday and put in two SA S cards in My HD Tivo yesterday I have a couple of issues. Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar.

1. Probably the most annoying is Pixelization I see on some HD channels. I also see motion artifacts quite frequently on HD channels which I don't remember seeing with my Time Warner DVR... I am not sure if this could be a signal issue? Thoughts? I have read a post that says to try adding Attenuators to the line, anyone in the Milwaukee area have this issue and has had positive results resolving this?

2. I am missing quite a few HD Channels. I spent about 3 hours on the phone with Time Warner trying to get them to "reauthorize" my cards, they even removed and re-added all my HD channels back to each card, however this didnt fix my issues. They are sending out a technical supervisor out to check my lines and such but I fear that this wont solve anything.

Here is the list of channels I am missing. Anyone in the Milwaukee area have these channels?

528 - ESPN2 HD
530 - ESPN HD
532 - UHD
533 - TNT HD
541 - Discovery HD
Just wanted to post an update regarding this.

1st the pixilization issue.
I ended up hooking my Time Warner DVR up and my Tivo and switched back and forth and compared a significant ammount of channels. They all appeared to work the same. I think I was being too pickey the issue I noticed was more motion fragments due to Time Warners compression. So good news, this seems to be a non-issue for me!

2nd the lack of channel issue.

I got a phone call today from the "Trouble Call Reduction Department" saying that they found the issue that was preventing me from getting all the channels and they resolved it. I have not tested this out yet to see if the issue is resolved but the guy I talked to seemed like he has seen this issue many a time in the past and found the fix. I asked him to provide me with the correct lingo of what the problem is so I can get someone to resolve this for me if it happens again. The exact issue was and I quote “Digital access service was not on the occurrence of your two cable cards".

I will check when I get home to verify if everything is working correctly. I will post the results.
terminaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #2729
Pricele$$Vulture

I have my appointment with TWCNYC today. Hopefully they show up. My expectation for them as been so low. Especially after reading this thread.
Pricele$$Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 PM   #2730
juggler314

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler314 View Post
So...second install date was today. Another no-show. Called up to complain again. They *claim* they are going to try and get the morning guy out here tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath given what I know about how scheduling works (or doesn't work!) within TWCNYC

These guys are a piece of work...

BTW has anyone noticed how when you are on hold with TWCNYC instead of something like "please stay on the line we'll be with you shortly" every few minutes, they just have a big minute long chunk of dead silence. I'm positive they do that to encourage people to think they've been hung up on and hang up thus shortening the queue...
Amazingly they did show up this morning, of course I'm on vacation...so they came and my gf was there...apparently the install went at least somewhat ok. She tells me we get everything up to about channel 100. The TWCNYC tech said everything was good on their side. Hopefully the next time the tivo updates itself it'll sort it out, if not I'm sure I'lll be on the phone a few hours when I get home next week!

BTW it's just one M-card for my Tivo HD
juggler314 is offline   Reply With Quote