TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #1261
WSP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 28
[b]TW - Austin

It appears that sometime in the last week, TW Austin has moved KXAN-DT to switched video. KXAN-DT is the local HD NBC station. KXAN-DT is listed as part of the "Basic" lineup for TW in Austin.

In the past you could always receive the "Basic" services without a STB. Is this a franchise violation?
WSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #1262
WSP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 28
TW - Austin

Need to correct my previous post about KXAN. The problem is that the signal level for this channel is way down. They are sending a tech to adjust the signal levels later today.
WSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #1263
cableguy763
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin
Posts: 525
They did not move KXAN-DT to switched video. So no franchise violation.
cableguy763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #1264
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.
 
Kablemodem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial
Your problem is you got Kable Kards and the S3 only takes Cable Cards....


Seriously, from what I saw, the signal CAN be an issue with it seeing the authorization messages but I'd put better money on them not being properly authorized in the provisioning system.
I think you are right. I checked out the cable card screens and there was something that looked like an error message. I'm not at home and I don't remember exactly what it said. I took out the splitters and ran the line directly to the S3 so I don't think it is a signal strength problem. I also tried a component cable instead of HDMI but that didn't make a difference.
Kablemodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #1265
Teeps
Registered User
 
Teeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Torrance,Cal. 90503
Posts: 896
Got my cards installed today. The tech that came (lucky me) had never done a TiVo. And, as stated many times in other posts, he wanted to slam both cards at the same time.

I remained firm that he please follow TiVo instruction sheet, which he did.

So in goes card 1, TiVo sees it, assigns a network id #; time warner tech calls it in. In a few minutes the card is reporting having received AUTH.

Test channels; no encrypted channels.

Then TiVo reports it's doing a firmware upgrade WTF??? Didn't see anything in the instructions about that.... TiVo screen says could take 40 minutes or longer.

I tell TW tech to leave me the other card and I'll wait out the upgrade. He agrees and leaves.

About 10 minutes later TiVo is finished with firmware upgrade.

I install card 2; call tech support (everyone on TW end very polite and were tripping over themselves to help) to get card to AUTH.

About 20 minutes later I am receiving encrypted channels, that I want, and all is good.
But only with card 2; card 1 still no encrypted stations.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM NOW, IS TIVO CHANNEL GUIDE IS NOT ACCURATE...
I'll be calling TiVo later today.

Summary:
card 2 gets Speed, Verses, DiscHD. (important to me)
card 1 is only allowing analog stations
TiVo guide reports old TW lineup

Last edited by Teeps : 01-26-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #1266
NEisenman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7
an update to an earlier post ...

As suggested I had TWC send a signal (a "hit") to my cable cards. This did nothing the first time. I tried again the next day just in case another hit would work. This time 95% of the channels are coming in, although some drop out after a while, and still no ESPNHD. The technician is coming again today. Should I have TWC send another hit? Would that solve the missing 5%? Do repeated hits strengthen the connection? Should I have the technician change the cards?

OR ...

Should I leave well enough alone and not have the technician do anything?

is this a problem with the cards? or TWC's system, or TiVo?

Thanks

Nick
NEisenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #1267
JKay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Santa Clarita, CA, USA
Posts: 115
When I purchased my HD TV I had Comcast. I was able to tune the local network channel off basic cable with the QAM tuner in the TV. TWC took over the cable franchise about 3 months ago. I just did a digital cable scan with the TV and a direct cable feed. I was surprised that I am not getting any of the local networks HD feeds with the QAM tuner. I do get a few of the local networks digital secondary (junk) channels, but not a single one of the major feeds I use to get with Comcast.
__________________
************
The person with the most acronyms wins!!
************
Series 3, 131 hrs.HD (WD Green 1TB)
SVR2000, 160 hrs.
************
JKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #1268
minckster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Manhattan NYC
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps
THE BIGGEST PROBLEM NOW, IS TIVO CHANNEL GUIDE IS NOT ACCURATE...
If you go to Settings > Channels > Channel List, you'll see a message on the bottom of the screen, "Press ENTER if this is the wrong channel lineup". Press Enter and follow the onscreen instructions and you'll repeat the part of Guided Setup related to choosing your channel lineup.

If you still have problems, you can select among TiVo's available lineups manually instead of following TiVo's Q&A about what channels you receive. Start the process outlined in the previous paragraph again, but watch carefully for another message on the bottom of the screen about pressing Enter (or some other key, my memory is fuzzy) to enter advanced channel setup. Once you get into that, you can pick each available lineup in turn and browse up and down the channels and their networks. Pick the lineup that most closely resembles what you actually receive.

Can someone help us out with some details about manually choosing a channel lineup? I'm feeling a bit lazy about repeating the channels portion of Guided Setup to get exact instructions.
minckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #1269
ksurgenor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Time Warner (Comast) Sucks!

The install rep called me at 4:45 and said he had a job to finish up, that he was in the neighborhood, and would be over in a few minutes. I said he was early and that my appointment was from 5-8. My friggin fault that I wasn't home yet but he was early. My wife was here though. Anyway... of course he didn't show. I spoke with im at 7pm and he said he had another little job to go to but that he hadn't forgotten about me and he would be out tonight. Well low and behold it is friggin 8:45 and I have called the guy like 20 times and he won't answer his phone. I called TW and was on hold for 10 minutes then got disconnected. Again on hold for another 30 minutes I finally got thru and got dispatch to give him a call but they couldn't reach him. Got the sups name but I doubt it will do any good. I will try to leverage it into a bill credit or something. Hope he shows up tonite! I hate cable companies!
ksurgenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #1270
ksurgenor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2
Just got a call from TW... apparently the installer had a "family emergency". I went ballistic. The caller said that a supervisor was being dispatched to my apartment but that she didn't have an ETA. What the hell is wrong with companies that they friggin think they can screw around the little guy and expect it to be okay. I am going to get something for this.
ksurgenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:28 PM   #1271
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.
 
Kablemodem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 17,965
I think I remember a few years back there was a law that if the cable company doesn't keep an appointment you are automatically entitled to a credit. It may have been a CA thing.
Kablemodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 AM   #1272
hookbill
Feathered Member
 
hookbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem
I think I remember a few years back there was a law that if the cable company doesn't keep an appointment you are automatically entitled to a credit. It may have been a CA thing.
Most of the cable companies do credit you something, but you have to ask.
hookbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #1273
editedby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NYC Manhattan
Posts: 1
Just curious, has any TWC New York Manhattan customer been able to cleanly install an S3? Time is running out on my free lifetime switch, but having read a few pages here, the situation seems dire. :^( ... {old school emoticon!}

edit begins:
Ok did a thread search, sounds like S3 installs are no longer as problematic as they were a few months ago ... but if anyone has any tips to smooth the way I'd appreciate it
TIA

Last edited by editedby : 01-27-2007 at 03:25 PM.
editedby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #1274
appliance
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York City!
Posts: 7
Personally, I'd go ahead and take the plunge. That Lifetime Subscription thing is too valuable to pass by in my opinion. And, once I got my cable cards installed, I've had relatively few problems. That's not say I've had no problems, but I'd still say it's worth your time now.
appliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #1275
DrWho453
Registered User
 
DrWho453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 311
Missing some HD network channels

Well, I finally got my cable cards installed today from TWC in Raleigh (I had hoped to have done after thanksgiving but I ran low on money so I am just now getting it installed. At least I had OTA HD). After getting past a couple of issues (one being the guy was running a cable directly from the outside cable box to my tivo and forgot to hook the end to the cable box so of course we couldn't get the card to authorize ), the tivo looked like everything was up and running perfectly. We tested 280 (Discovery HD) and 291 (ESPNHD) and they came up with no problem. The tech left, I finished the guided setup and thought everything was fine. Well it turns out that I can get channel 204 (UNC and all of the UNC DT and HD channels) and 255 (CBS HD and all of its DT channels) and the channels above 255. However, I can not get channels 211-250 which is ABC HD and DT, NBC HD and DT, and FOX HD and DT. Tivo says that there is no signal. Well, the tech had to come back anyway because he left his cell phone charger so I asked him about it and he checked the lines and there is a good signal coming in for those channels. We tried going directly to the cable box outside again and still can't get it going. TW suggested running guided setup again. I didn't think it would make a difference but I decided I would do it again and see what happens. I let the cable guy go but the guided setup still did not fix the problem. Before I call TW again, anyone have any suggestion as to what the problem might be?
__________________
Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for great classical music in an original plantation house.
DrWho453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #1276
alyssa
Registered User
 
alyssa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Mountains of New Hampshire
Posts: 1,590
First thought without really thinking about it,
have them try & reauthorize the cards. The tech doesn't have to come out, you can do this on the phone with a TW tech.
__________________
Roamio Plus LT upgraded w/3TB
XL4 LT + external w/2TB
Premiere LT upgraded w/2TB (for sale)

For all your Comic-Con needs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
alyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:59 AM   #1277
Ariel817
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 128
TWC - Arlington, TX

Well, I went through a two-week whipping to get cablecards out of TW in Arlington, TX... but they are in, finally... and I think working okay.

Anyway, I would say....here's the deal..... they have Grade-A techs and definitely NOT Grade-A techs.. if you work days and want an evening call.... oh, so sorry, too bad.

I did end up with Grade-A daytime (usually knock off by 3 PM) techs who stayed late and came at 5:15......... because by this time I'd bumped my complaints up to VP level through a great first-line customer service guy named Johnathon who not only cared, but cared enough to call from his personal cell phone a couple of times after his shift was over to check my status, and ran it up the flagpole back at his office the next day.

So....... my advice is... go ahead and take some time off work and see if you can get the knowledgable daytime techs.

Also, when you place the call, ask them to have spares on hand. They probably won't, although they are aware of the high failure rate they are also low stock on the cards in the warehouses. Still, try to insist.

And... good luck. Go with God. All that!

It eventually IS worth it.
__________________
~Ariel

Proud TiVo owner since Summer 2000!
Ariel817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #1278
hookbill
Feathered Member
 
hookbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel817
Well, I went through a two-week whipping to get cablecards out of TW in Arlington, TX... but they are in, finally... and I think working okay.

Anyway, I would say....here's the deal..... they have Grade-A techs and definitely NOT Grade-A techs.. if you work days and want an evening call.... oh, so sorry, too bad.

I did end up with Grade-A daytime (usually knock off by 3 PM) techs who stayed late and came at 5:15......... because by this time I'd bumped my complaints up to VP level through a great first-line customer service guy named Johnathon who not only cared, but cared enough to call from his personal cell phone a couple of times after his shift was over to check my status, and ran it up the flagpole back at his office the next day.

So....... my advice is... go ahead and take some time off work and see if you can get the knowledgable daytime techs.

Also, when you place the call, ask them to have spares on hand. They probably won't, although they are aware of the high failure rate they are also low stock on the cards in the warehouses. Still, try to insist.

And... good luck. Go with God. All that!

It eventually IS worth it.

I am finding that in my area on the lower tier level you meet all kinds of resistance in regards to getting a problem resolved. They just recently changed the area that my techs come out of and I could see a different attitude in these techs. They were not as willing to help.

I had a problem not receiving 3 channels. The tech basically pulled my cards out, put them back incorrectly and I had to take over from that point to fix it.

He left saying it was a TiVo problem, too bad so sad. I thought not.

Fortunately I remembered a persons name who had fixed a cable card problem for me in the past. Even though I did not deal with her specifically I was able to find her. From that point on the whole level of service went from lousy to first class. I documented it on a thread located here .

The story is still not finished as I still have one problem channel but the amount of effort that this person has gone through over a 48 hour period was amazing. I'm hopefull that it will be resolved completely by Monday.

I believe that TW really wants to work with us on this. I think the resistance you find depends literally out of what office your tech comes from.
hookbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #1279
pmiranda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho453
I can not get channels 211-250 which is ABC HD and DT, NBC HD and DT, and FOX HD and DT. Tivo says that there is no signal. Well, the tech had to come back anyway because he left his cell phone charger so I asked him about it and he checked the lines and there is a good signal coming in for those channels. We tried going directly to the cable box outside again and still can't get it going. TW suggested running guided setup again. I didn't think it would make a difference but I decided I would do it again and see what happens. I let the cable guy go but the guided setup still did not fix the problem. Before I call TW again, anyone have any suggestion as to what the problem might be?
What's the signal strength on those channels? If it's an authorization problem (easily fixed with a phone call to the right person), it will be just as high as channels you get.
__________________
- Sony S1 from 2001 with CacheCard+Ethernet
- Series 3 1TB, now with new power supply!
- Premiere
pmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:40 AM   #1280
crazywater
USS TiVo NCC-1780
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 568
Quote:
However, I can not get channels 211-250 which is ABC HD and DT, NBC HD and DT, and FOX HD and DT. Tivo says that there is no signal. Well, the tech had to come back anyway because he left his cell phone charger so I asked him about it and he checked the lines and there is a good signal coming in for those channels. We tried going directly to the cable box outside again and still can't get it going. TW suggested running guided setup again. I didn't think it would make a difference but I decided I would do it again and see what happens. I let the cable guy go but the guided setup still did not fix the problem. Before I call TW again, anyone have any suggestion as to what the problem might be?
I had exactly the same problem and I am in Raleigh as well. Only got the HD locals but not the premium HD channels. TW came back and checked outside and found the problem to be there. My TiVo said the signal strength was in the 90s for the channels I was not getting. So I think you need to get them back out there again to check outside, it wouldn't hurt if they brough extra cards as well.
__________________
Bruce
"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT 76


HR20-700
HR22-100
HR24-500
Pioneer DVR-810H
Sony SVR-3000 235hr
crazywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:50 PM   #1281
DrWho453
Registered User
 
DrWho453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho453
Well, I finally got my cable cards installed today from TWC in Raleigh (I had hoped to have done after thanksgiving but I ran low on money so I am just now getting it installed. At least I had OTA HD). After getting past a couple of issues (one being the guy was running a cable directly from the outside cable box to my tivo and forgot to hook the end to the cable box so of course we couldn't get the card to authorize ), the tivo looked like everything was up and running perfectly. We tested 280 (Discovery HD) and 291 (ESPNHD) and they came up with no problem. The tech left, I finished the guided setup and thought everything was fine. Well it turns out that I can get channel 204 (UNC and all of the UNC DT and HD channels) and 255 (CBS HD and all of its DT channels) and the channels above 255. However, I can not get channels 211-250 which is ABC HD and DT, NBC HD and DT, and FOX HD and DT. Tivo says that there is no signal. Well, the tech had to come back anyway because he left his cell phone charger so I asked him about it and he checked the lines and there is a good signal coming in for those channels. We tried going directly to the cable box outside again and still can't get it going. TW suggested running guided setup again. I didn't think it would make a difference but I decided I would do it again and see what happens. I let the cable guy go but the guided setup still did not fix the problem. Before I call TW again, anyone have any suggestion as to what the problem might be?
Well I think the problem may have been cable card 2 was not authorized. When I looked at both cards, card 1 was cp auth but card 2 was not but both cards could get the 280 and 291 but not the 211-250. I was going to call the cable company back today but sometime before 9:30 last night the second card go cp authorized and now 211-250 are working so hopefully I won't have any more problems although this morning the series 3 only got 3 minutes of the This old house program even though it shows a 30 minute bar when playing only 3 minutes was green. It had no problems getting ask this old house which came on later. I thought, ok maybe I lost the signal during that time, however as a backup I still have tivo 1 recording some of these shows and it got the full 30 mins so I don't know what happened. Oh well, I still love the tivo and at least I can get the CW 22 and myRDC in HD off the antenna since TW doesn't offer it on the cable.
__________________
Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for great classical music in an original plantation house.
DrWho453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:03 PM   #1282
gmyles
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEisenman
an update to an earlier post ...

As suggested I had TWC send a signal (a "hit") to my cable cards. This did nothing the first time. I tried again the next day just in case another hit would work. This time 95% of the channels are coming in, although some drop out after a while, and still no ESPNHD. The technician is coming again today. Should I have TWC send another hit? Would that solve the missing 5%? Do repeated hits strengthen the connection? Should I have the technician change the cards?

OR ...

Should I leave well enough alone and not have the technician do anything?

is this a problem with the cards? or TWC's system, or TiVo?

Thanks

Nick
Nick,

I have the same exact problem -- no premium (HBO) or HDNet channels showing, just the grey screen. I have TW in southern california (formerly Adelphia).

I also have a HD cable box, and all the channels are fine using the box.

Repeated re-authorization (once using the automated phone system, once over the phone with tech support) has not helped.

Any news on your end?

Thanks,
Greg
gmyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #1283
gmyles
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
A Fix That Totally Worked!!! Stronger Hit.

I had no premium channels, no HDNet, etc, but other channels were working (Time Warner Southern California). Repeated reauthorizations ("hits") did not work.

While on the phone with TW tech support, I noticed in my CableCard setup in Tivo that in Conditional Access, "Auth" was "MISSING_PROGRAM_REKEY".

Searching for that term online, I found a mention in the "Official RCN CableCard Thread" where sysdude recommended to someone that "They have to 'hit' the cards again with a stronger signal".

I asked the tech to do that. She was reluctant, because they were taught that "initialization" (that's what they call the stronger signal hit) can "fry" your cards. But she tried it anyway, and IT WORKED!!!

Now Auth is "SUBSCRIBED" for both cards, and the channels are showing perfectly.

I spent hours on hold with tech support this weekend, and I hope this helps others!

Thank you, sysdude, whoever you are.

Good luck all,
Greg
gmyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #1284
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.
 
Kablemodem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmyles
I had no premium channels, no HDNet, etc, but other channels were working (Time Warner Southern California). Repeated reauthorizations ("hits") did not work.

While on the phone with TW tech support, I noticed in my CableCard setup in Tivo that in Conditional Access, "Auth" was "MISSING_PROGRAM_REKEY".
I have the same error message on both cards. I am getting only about 20% of all channels and no premiums or HD channels. A tech is supposed to come today.
Kablemodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #1285
gmyles
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablemodem
I have the same error message on both cards. I am getting only about 20% of all channels and no premiums or HD channels. A tech is supposed to come today.
What is frustrating is that the techs can't do anything onsite! They can only call into the call center and double-check the numbers (card #, host #) and have them send out hits. And they wait as long on hold with their call center as we do!

Make sure to tell him about the stronger hit...
gmyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #1286
superbad2002
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 11
I was lucky (I think) and my cards installed quickly and easily. I love HD Tivo and can't go back now.

I am having intermittent problems with the Cable Cards, though, and I actually think this is a Tivo thing. I'll be flipping through channels, or going from one input on my tv to another and then back to HD Tivo, and suddenly the premium channels are gone. When I say no premium, what I get is basic cable (below channel 99) plus the local HD stations.

I reboot Tivo and everything is back. This happens frequently enough that it is a real pain, and you can't be sure it won't interfere with recordings (I've already missed one) since it happens suddenly without notice and the only fix I've come up with is a Tivo reboot.

Anybody else experience this or know of a fix? It is possible that when on another input (one of which includes a second Tivo S2) my clicking messes up my HD Tivo, but it doesn't really explain why the channels get dropped until a reboot.

Thanks!

Jim
superbad2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:35 PM   #1287
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.
 
Kablemodem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmyles
What is frustrating is that the techs can't do anything onsite! They can only call into the call center and double-check the numbers (card #, host #) and have them send out hits. And they wait as long on hold with their call center as we do!

Make sure to tell him about the stronger hit...
The guy who came out today was experienced with the S3 and he knew exactly what he was doing , although he arrived at 12:15 for a 8-12 apointment. He had the cards rehit, which didn't work, so he pulled the cards, reinserted them and had them rehit again. Card 1 worked right away, but card 2 didn't. He said card 2 always gives him trouble. After unsuccessfully hitting it a few more times he replaced the card and it worked after a couple of tries. I seem to be getting all my channels although I didn't have time to go through them all. They also replaced my DVR with a new one and it worked right away. The weak signal nonsense was just the original installer's excuse to cut and run. So, all is good now AFAIK.
Kablemodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:06 AM   #1288
DrWho453
Registered User
 
DrWho453's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 311
Well I just ran into a problem last night. I recorded Heros and Sunstrip 60 last night from cable channel 6 NBC. Heros recorded with no problems, however, 20 minutes into Sunstrip 60, the tivo lost the signal. The screen went grey. The tivo was still recording CSI Miami on 255 CBS HDTV with no problems. I checked the cable cards and both still said CP Auth and I could not see any difference between what it said at the time and what it normally shows. The system diagnostic showed the tuner 0 was not tunned and tunner 1 was tunned to 255. Fortunantly, tivo series 2 was also recording the show on channel 6 and it got the entire show. I understand people have had issues with losing the HD channels but I can't figure out why I would lose the standard cable channel. Its not encrypted and what is strange is when the tivo stopped the recording at 11, the signal came back and I could watch the NBC news. I hope this won't happen to often, makes me afraid that I am going to miss something. I think this is what happened with this old house which I noted in a previous message.
__________________
Visit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for great classical music in an original plantation house.
DrWho453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #1289
Kablemodem
Get the ketchup.
 
Kablemodem's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Posts: 17,965
I've lost all my premium and HD channels and most of my analog and digital channels again. They don't show up on the DVR either, so it isn't a TiVo issue.
Kablemodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 PM   #1290
derekcbart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 175
This morning the channel lineup conversion happened and, much to my surprise, TiVo got all of the new channel information correct on the first try after running Guided Setup again. I was very nervous about this and I had read some posts about it being a nightmare, but my experience was very good. Just FYI.
derekcbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |