TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #6031
bsc77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo II Jack View Post
Concur 100% but I do believe there are a number of people not getting HD on 1-99 in NYC.

I get your point but it is actually worse than that. When SD 2, 4, 7, corresponded with HD 702, 704, 707 there was some logic.

Right now, 2, 4, 7 actually correspond with 1209, 1203, and 1200, aka total absence of logic.
I checked my other tv and I'm getting HD on channels 1-99 so the issue is only happening on my tivo boxes not on the twc set top box. Given this info I have to think its either related to the TA or the cable card.
bsc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #6032
hytekjosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
It's designed to "punch through" lower-rated splitters (also transmits at a very high power level), even through the usual 130dB output port isolation of good splitters. Nothing above 1GHz is necessary, although some would point out it can even get through lower-rated ones (YMMV), while some (with good intentions) recommend unnecessary higher-rated splitters. Higher ratings can't hurt, but very rarely has it ever fixed anybody's MoCA problems, or made any significant enhancements/improvements. I'll note that all coax should be RG6, and any RG59 may degrade things, if it's passing/carrying MoCA through it.

MoCA is designed to avoid requiring changing your existing coax and splitters (YMMV, if you have old/RG59/poor-quality coax, or poor-quality splitters). The only PITA factor about MoCA is that it requires PoE filters to contain it, and to keep it out of devices that can't handle it (as well as keeping it inside your home).

EDIT/ADD: Why doesn't MoCA just "power-through" tuning adapters? Many TAs aren't a true passive (passthrough) device. They have a built-in signal amplifier (mostly to keep the OUT at the same level as the IN), which is only designed to work up to 1GHz. Any amplifier or device with an amp may have issues unless designed specifically for MoCA (YMMV, some amps with a higher rating might work).
Thanks for all of the info. I am going to follow your advice and add an additional POE filter and split the Tivo directly off instead of through the TA.
hytekjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #6033
cwoody222

Quote:
No comment, since there's no TA brands named, and murky details otherwise.
Cisco TA's.

My point was just that it seems possible at least to get moca and the TA's to work in harmony.

I'm no network expert and this wasn't a super complicated setup but it seems possible.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:40 PM   #6034
cwoody222

Quote:
Concur 100% but I do believe there are a number of people not getting HD on 1-99 in NYC.

I get your point but it is actually worse than that. When SD 2, 4, 7, corresponded with HD 702, 704, 707 there was some logic.

Right now, 2, 4, 7 actually correspond with 1209, 1203, and 1200, aka total absence of logic.
Ah yes, forgot that. I use the 2, 4, 7 versions.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #6035
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
Cisco TA's.

My point was just that it seems possible at least to get moca and the TA's to work in harmony.

I'm no network expert and this wasn't a super complicated setup but it seems possible.
Just because something seems possible, and/or just happens to somehow work, doesn't make it "right" or "working in harmony". Sorry. Cisco TAs being used as a passthrough for MoCA is a problem, or a problem waiting to happen. I've helped enough people who overlooked it to say I'm better qualified than your one-time unusual luck in that working at all. You should check the MoCA diagnostics and see what they tell you about that alleged configuration that allegedly "worked". I'd recommend knowing what the readings should be, before doing so.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:24 AM   #6036
rich
Final answer?

Quote:
Cisco tuning adapters should never be used inline (using the TA coax OUT port) to connect a TiVo, if MoCA is in use. Use a splitter w/PoE filter on leg to TA, use other leg for the TiVo. Enjoy!
I will be setting up a MoCA network with a TA later this week and I am going to follow this advice. Thanks!
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #6037
cwoody222

I didn't need any filters for my install, FYI. Our needs were fairly basic, interment connectivity for the TiVo and interoperability between the two units.

I'm not trying to be any expert in it but I'm just saying if your needs are fairly basic and normal you should be ok.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:33 PM   #6038
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222 View Post
I didn't need any filters for my install, FYI. Our needs were fairly basic, interment connectivity for the TiVo and interoperability between the two units.

I'm not trying to be any expert in it but I'm just saying if your needs are fairly basic and normal you should be ok.
Bad advice, which I will call-out each time I see it.

Even if you didn't intend it, you just declared "people with fairly basic needs don't need any PoE filters". That's how your post will read to most people reading it, and some might not know better, and take bad advice, based on a one-time/one-off experience of yours.

I politely suggest you leave it to the experts, since you claim you are not one, nor are you trying to be one.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #6039
bsc77

I fixed my issue of getting SD channels on channels 1-99. After realizing that my TWC box was working I narrowed the issue down to the TA or the cable card. I did a little digging and found that my cable technician had improperly installed my TA.

The TA is supposed to have a USB cable running from the back of it (I have a Cisco STA) to one of the USB ports in the back of the tivo. It's the same USB cable that a printer uses. I grabbed one from the closet, plugged it in, did a quick power cycle on the TA and I'm good to go!

I would bet that this is the reason that most of the people having the issue. It now makes total sense why people in the same location, or even the same building are having different experiences. For those having the issue definitely make sure you have a USB cable attached!
Old 06-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #6040
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsc77 View Post
I fixed my issue of getting SD channels on channels 1-99. After realizing that my TWC box was working I narrowed the issue down to the TA or the cable card. I did a little digging and found that my cable technician had improperly installed my TA.

The TA is supposed to have a USB cable running from the back of it (I have a Cisco STA) to one of the USB ports in the back of the tivo. It's the same USB cable that a printer uses. I grabbed one from the closet, plugged it in, did a quick power cycle on the TA and I'm good to go!

I would bet that this is the reason that most of the people having the issue. It now makes total sense why people in the same location, or even the same building are having different experiences. For those having the issue definitely make sure you have a USB cable attached!
That's a very rare mistake. Chalk it up to a lazy/rushed/inexperienced installer, rather than some epidemic. Each TA has the cable in the bag from the factory, unless one slips by without one.

TiVo's instructions, as well as any provided by/through the cable provider, include the USB cable as part of any TA install. It's never optional, and is more often an end-user omission (forgetting to reconnect it, after disconnecting it), than a mistake made by installers.

Using TiVo's built-in help for TA issues, you will be prompted to verify that connection is in place. It's almost impossible to not be prompted to verify it.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #6041
bsc77

Quote:
That's a very rare mistake. Chalk it up to a lazy/rushed/inexperienced installer, rather than some epidemic. Each TA has the cable in the bag from the factory, unless one slips by without one.

TiVo's instructions, as well as any provided by/through the cable provider, include the USB cable as part of any TA install. It's never optional, and is more often an end-user omission (forgetting to reconnect it, after disconnecting it), than a mistake made by installers.

Using TiVo's built-in help for TA issues, you will be prompted to verify that connection is in place. It's almost impossible to not be prompted to verify it.
I can't speak to how rare a mistake it is but this technician repeated the mistake twice. In addition the USB cable isn't necessary to use Tivo. I also looked at the tuner adapter menu on Tivo before connecting the cable. There was no prompt or error saying that TA wasn't properly connected.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #6042
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
I can't speak to how rare a mistake it is but this technician repeated the mistake twice. In addition the USB cable isn't necessary to use Tivo. I also looked at the tuner adapter menu on Tivo before connecting the cable. There was no prompt or error saying that TA wasn't properly connected.
There is absolutely no way for the TiVo (or any device on the user side) to detect the TA exists, other than the USB link.

Due to this, the TiVo (or other device) can only detect if the connection becomes lost, which requires it to exist in the first place. Once a TiVo has detected the TA USB link, it will remember it should be there (even with reboots), until you dismiss the disconnected error, or repeat GS without a TA.

The built-in help menus will lead you to check this on a Roamio or Premiere. I spotted that you are in the Series 3 area. The S3/HD could be missing complete help on the matter. But, all of it was applicable when TAs were introduced, and is still applicable, even is missing.

Your technician is simply incompetent, as there is absolutely no way for the TA to be detected, controlled, or for it to do anything, without the USB cable, no matter what the TA is to be used with (on the user side of the cable network).

Navigation for a Roamio:
TiVo Central>Settings & Messages>Help>Channels & Signals>Tuning Adapter

It's right there, spelled out, on a Roamio. Since Premieres share the same software releases, everything should be the same.

As I already said, in this post, I can not speak to what the help screens say on a S3/HD, or what navigation is involved to get there.

A TA without a USB connection should flag it has no such connection, when queried by the cable provider.

It seems you just got a bad tech, unfortunately twice.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 06-17-2014 at 07:39 PM.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:09 PM   #6043
bsc77

Quote:
There is absolutely no way for the TiVo (or any device on the user side) to detect the TA exists, other than the USB link.

Due to this, the TiVo (or other device) can only detect if the connection becomes lost, which requires it to exist in the first place. Once a TiVo has detected the TA USB link, it will remember it should be there (even with reboots), until you dismiss the disconnected error, or repeat GS without a TA.

The built-in help menus will lead you to check this on a Roamio or Premiere. I spotted that you are in the Series 3 area. The S3/HD could be missing complete help on the matter. But, all of it was applicable when TAs were introduced, and is still applicable, even is missing.

Your technician is simply incompetent, as there is absolutely no way for the TA to be detected, controlled, or for it to do anything, without the USB cable, no matter what the TA is to be used with (on the user side of the cable network).

Navigation for a Roamio:
TiVo Central>Settings & Messages>Help>Channels & Signals>Tuning Adapter

It's right there, spelled out, on a Roamio. Since Premieres share the same software releases, everything should be the same.

As I already said, in this post, I can not speak to what the help screens say on a S3/HD, or what navigation is involved to get there.

A TA without a USB connection should flag it has no such connection, when queried by the cable provider.

It seems you just got a bad tech, unfortunately twice.
I'm simply pointing out what the issue was and I'm certain others on this forum are having the same issue with the same root cause. Incompetent technician aside I'm trying to let other people know that while they may think they have their TA setup correctly, they may not. I'm sure you agree that there is a remote possibility that the technician that installed my TA is not the only incompetent TWC technician in the NYC area
Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #6044
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
I'm simply pointing out what the issue was and I'm certain others on this forum are having the same issue with the same root cause. Incompetent technician aside I'm trying to let other people know that while they may think they have their TA setup correctly, they may not. I'm sure you agree that there is a remote possibility that the technician that installed my TA is not the only incompetent TWC technician in the NYC area
I wound up in this thread due to TW failing to provide instructions on how to hook up the TA properly, or not providing them at all. I have Cox as my provider, and they provide the right instructions, for the same equipment, and in the right way if MoCA is in use, or will be in the future. They also provide all the hardware needed with a free "self-install kit". TW seems they'd rather have their customers returning their TiVos, and returning the TAs. So, it's not a huge stretch to wonder just how motivated the techs are to do a proper professional installation of a TA. It's not too much of a stretch to think they don't even know the right way to hook them up (focus on my signature, meant to help mostly TW customers).
Old 06-18-2014, 06:24 AM   #6045
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
I wound up in this thread due to TW failing to provide instructions on how to hook up the TA properly, or not providing them at all. I have Cox as my provider, and they provide the right instructions, for the same equipment, and in the right way if MoCA is in use, or will be in the future. They also provide all the hardware needed with a free "self-install kit". TW seems they'd rather have their customers returning their TiVos, and returning the TAs. So, it's not a huge stretch to wonder just how motivated the techs are to do a proper professional installation of a TA. It's not too much of a stretch to think they don't even know the right way to hook them up (focus on my signature, meant to help mostly TW customers).
Anyone who has followed this thread, or other TWC-related threads, for more than a few days knows that TWC in general has lousy support for Tivos (and TA's), presumably because they have no business interest in providing such support. This may vary between TWC regions. I recently had a truck roll for a problem not related to my TiVo. The tech had worked for TWC for two years and this was the first time he encountered a TiVo. He said in their training it was mentioned that Tivo's existed but no details beyond that were provided.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #6046
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Bag from factory???

I was in Time-Warner country for a year. My TW installer had never heard of a TA, and said his boss had never heard of one either. He tried to convince me the TiVo was the TA. I got rid of him once he got the cablecards going (surprising both of us), since it was obvious he was of no help.

I picked up my two TAs the next day from the TW office. They came with power adapters. Period. Luckily, I actually had USB cables and coaxial cables and was able to get things working fine.

No question that Comcast is much more TiVo friendly than TW.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #6047
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Bag from factory???

I was in Time-Warner country for a year. My TW installer had never heard of a TA, and said his boss had never heard of one either. He tried to convince me the TiVo was the TA. I got rid of him once he got the cablecards going (surprising both of us), since it was obvious he was of no help.

I picked up my two TAs the next day from the TW office. They came with power adapters. Period. Luckily, I actually had USB cables and coaxial cables and was able to get things working fine.

No question that Comcast is much more TiVo friendly than TW.
Cox is more friendly than TW as well. That certainly wasn't always something I could say, when making comparisons, which is really what I'm doing when I say Cox (or another company) is more friendly, or better. Big picture, they all still suck.

If you received a TA without a USB cable, it was either swiped to use with another TA, or the TA you received was a re-issue (used) and the person who returned it kept the cable, the returned cable was lost, or it was that "one that slipped by" from the factory.

When I returned four TAs, Cox tried to tell me I didn't need to return anything more than the bare TA. I explained that the power supply, power cord, one coax cable, & USB Cable needed to stay with the TA. I didn't offer back the contents of the four free "self install kits", with an extra coax cable, a splitter, MoCA PoE filter, and instructions/illustrations.

I can say with certainty that Cisco TAs come factory bagged with the TA, power brick, power cord, one coax cable, and one USB cable. No instructions or diagrams, though. What I just listed is the most TW gives, leaving it up to the customer to figure it out, and acquire any items they may need, not included in the factory bag (or however it is received, and with what parts).

Since I've never been issued any TAs not factory sealed, it's easy for me to forget what could be missing from a re-issued one, and incorrectly assume people are at least getting what would be considered "package contents".

I still get treated like I'm the only TiVo owner in my whole market, and still get techs that have never seen a TiVo, let alone know how to do anything with one. Phone support is what I'd call "barely acceptable", based on the bigger picture.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 06-18-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: context correction
Old 06-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #6048
bsc77

Quote:
If you received a TA without a USB cable, it was either swiped to use with another TA, or the TA you received was a re-issue (used) and the person who returned it kept the cable, the returned cable was lost, or it was that "one that slipped by" from the factory.
The explanations that you keep offering, ie the technician is incompetent / lazy, or the TA isn't factory sealed really don't add any value to this thread. You sound like you work for a cable company or have some affiliation with one. I don't think that people really want to hear excuses on why their equipment isn't working, they want their equipment to work.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #6049
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
The explanations that you keep offering, ie the technician is incompetent / lazy, or the TA isn't factory sealed really don't add any value to this thread. You sound like you work for a cable company or have some affiliation with one. I don't think that people really want to hear excuses on why their equipment isn't working, they want their equipment to work.
I am not affiliated with any cable company, other than being a Cox customer. I have no incentive for what you are insinuating, nor do I have any financial stake in any cable company (or any companies at all), unless you call owning three lifetime service TiVo Roamios a financial stake.

Look back to the TW roasting post I came into this thread with recently, and it blows your insinuations right out of the water.

As for anything I haven't spelled-out, in order to keep this short, I think you are just taking what I am posting out of context from how I intend it to come across.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 06-18-2014 at 09:58 AM. Reason: keeping it friendly
Old 06-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #6050
bsc77

Quote:
Cox is more friendly as well. It certainly wasn't always something I could say, when making comparisons, which is really what I'm doing when I say Cox is more friendly, or better. Big picture, they still suck.

When I returned four TAs, Cox tried to tell me I didn't need to return anything more than the bare TA. I explained that the power supply, power cord, one coax cable, & USB Cable needed to stay with the TA. I didn't offer back the contents of the four free "self install kits", with an extra coax cable, a splitter, MoCA PoE filter, and instructions/illustrations.

I can say with certainty that Cisco TAs come factory bagged with the TA, power brick, power cord, one coax cable, and one USB cable. No instructions or diagrams, though. What I just listed is the most TW gives, leaving it up to the customer to figure it out, and acquire any items they may need, not included in the factory bag (or however it is received, and with what parts).

Since I've never been issued any TAs not factory sealed, it's easy for me to forget what could be missing from a re-issued one, and incorrectly assume people are at least getting what would be considered "package contents".

I still get treated like I'm the only TiVo owner in my whole market, and still get techs that have never seen a TiVo, let alone know how to do anything with one. Phone support is what I'd call "acceptable", based on the bigger picture.
Quote:
I am not affiliated with any cable company, other than being a Cox customer. I have no incentive for what you are insinuating, nor do I have any financial stake in any cable company (or any companies at all), unless you call owning three lifetime service TiVo Roamios a financial stake.

Look back to the TW roasting post I came into this thread with recently, and it blows your insinuations right out of the water.
There's a difference between a personal attack and simply stating that your posts simply haven't added much to the thread. If it came across as a personal attack, it wasn't my intention.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #6051
stever40

We got hit with the channel TWC lineup change on Tuesday night. By reading the thread and repeating guided setup, i was able to force each of my 3 tivos to call back in to get in and get the new guide. All major network season passes updated to new HD channel (1200 block) automatically. I used my iPad and the tivo app to get new season passes for networks like HBO, SHO, AMC, FX, TNT, etc. Longest part of process was final 20 minute call back into Tivo.

Thanks for posting all the help to make it easy for others.
stever40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #6052
SASouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever40 View Post
We got hit with the channel TWC lineup change on Tuesday night. By reading the thread and repeating guided setup, i was able to force each of my 3 tivos to call back in to get in and get the new guide. All major network season passes updated to new HD channel (1200 block) automatically. I used my iPad and the tivo app to get new season passes for networks like HBO, SHO, AMC, FX, TNT, etc. Longest part of process was final 20 minute call back into Tivo.

Thanks for posting all the help to make it easy for others.
Where are you at?
SASouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #6053
stever40

Haha, that's important, Kansas City.
stever40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:37 PM   #6054
SASouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stever40 View Post
Haha, that's important, Kansas City.
Thx.
SASouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #6055
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
...unless you call owning three lifetime service TiVo Roamios a financial stake.
Just curious, why three? I bought my first Tivo, a Sony Series 1 in 1998. Since then, I had always bought new Tivos two at a time and immediately installed the biggest HDD's possible.

With it's 6 tuners and huge capacity, in January I only bought one Roamio Pro and have never needed more.
Tivo II Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #6056
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Anyone who has followed this thread, or other TWC-related threads, for more than a few days knows that TWC in general has lousy support for Tivos (and TA's), presumably because they have no business interest in providing such support.
You got that right. Right now I am using the Roamio Pro I bought in January and one Series 3 I have had for more than 5 years. I use it mainly to record Mets and Jets games.

I also have one TW cable box with no recorder and I use it for only one reason. Even though we Tivo users are paying the full price for whatever package we have, we do not have any access to any On Demand Channels and TW has no plans to change that. Our cable cards can not access the On Demand channels.

Now and then I will search On Demand for a show I somehow missed that has no future showings. Watching ANYTHING On Demand on a TW box sucks big time. There is no FF, no Rewind (you may have pause) and you must let the ads run their course. That TW box is HD and I have it connected direct to my TV and also through an even older Series 2 Tivo (no cable card) so I can record On Demand and then watch it with the Tivo advantages.

Of course the Series 2 is not HD, but it is still better than watching the actual On Demand on the TW box.
Tivo II Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 PM   #6057
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Just curious, why three? I bought my first Tivo, a Sony Series 1 in 1998. Since then, I had always bought new Tivos two at a time and immediately installed the biggest HDD's possible.

With it's 6 tuners and huge capacity, in January I only bought one Roamio Pro and have never needed more.
I'm going to PM my reasons, in order to stay on-topic here.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #6058
EH NYC

TiVo Roamio Pro owner on the Upper West Side here; I previously posted on June 12 regarding the SD issues I had encountered following the TWC channel realignment.

Last weekend, I called both TiVo and TWC customer service about this. The first TiVo customer service rep (contacted online) was hopeless; he kept insisting that there was nothing that could be done and the problem was that the Roamio and the tuning adapter could not auto tune to HD. The second TiVo rep (this time contacted via phone) was more helpful but ultimately suggested that I reach out to TWC. I also told the TiVo rep about the TiVo channel lineup error for channel 200 (NY1 HD and not NY 1 Noticias)---that error has since been corrected.

When I called TWC, I was fortunately connected to a knowledgeable TWC customer service rep who suggested that I disconnect the TiVo and the tuning adapter during which he would remotely send a "refresh" (not sure if that "refresh" involved the CableCARD, TA or both); he recommended that I disconnect both the TA power cord and the USB cord attached to the TA as part of this process. When the reboot and "refresh" were completed, channels 1-99 automatically tuned to HD. All but one of the other channels that I checked now automatically tune to HD, with the exception of one of the Showtime channels (Showtime Family). Other channels that had previously tuned to SD (such as the primary HBO channel) are now in HD.
EH NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #6059
artemis89

Weird TWC issue:

Okay, so I have "Standard" TV now. I found out that the ONE channel I care to watch (Investigation Discovery, on 138) is included with Standard. I don't watch anything else on Preferred so I downgraded.

I can watch this channel via my Roku on the TWC app, so I KNOW it's included on my package. Can't seem to get it on my Tivo though. Nothing with my TA or anything. The reps tell me yes, it IS included in Standard, I should be able to see it. Esp since I can watch it via Roku.

Anyone know what's going on? Tivo doesn't seem to recognize the "standard" package either. Just preferred.
artemis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 AM   #6060
artemis89

Quote:
You got that right. Right now I am using the Roamio Pro I bought in January and one Series 3 I have had for more than 5 years. I use it mainly to record Mets and Jets games.

I also have one TW cable box with no recorder and I use it for only one reason. Even though we Tivo users are paying the full price for whatever package we have, we do not have any access to any On Demand Channels and TW has no plans to change that. Our cable cards can not access the On Demand channels.

Now and then I will search On Demand for a show I somehow missed that has no future showings. Watching ANYTHING On Demand on a TW box sucks big time. There is no FF, no Rewind (you may have pause) and you must let the ads run their course. That TW box is HD and I have it connected direct to my TV and also through an even older Series 2 Tivo (no cable card) so I can record On Demand and then watch it with the Tivo advantages.

Of course the Series 2 is not HD, but it is still better than watching the actual On Demand on the TW box.
You can save money if you get something like a roku. $99 I think, and you have access to the TWC app. You can watch all free OnDemand content through there and it costs nothing per month, no equipment rental fees.

I love OnDemand and this is what I use to watch OnDemand content now that I got rid of my box and got a Tivo.

You're right, there is no FF (there is rewind though, and I can pause) which sort of sucks but I'm glad I don't have to pay for a cable box in order to get the content.
artemis89 is offline   Reply With Quote