TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #511
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!

I was showing Victor the Forum when he was here earlier

He's the only one I didn't give TiVo's instruction sheet to. I gave the previous guys copies and I have the PDF sitting right on my desktop. I didn't even think to print it out for Victor. I was obviously distracted!

And for what it's worth, when Lewis was here last week we did it exactly the way it says in the instructions, doing Card 1 first, then calling back with Card 2 info - but it obviously still didn't work since they must not have been "hitting" the cards correctly.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:22 PM   #512
VoodooNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsamurai
I was showing Victor the Forum when he was here earlier

He's the only one I didn't give TiVo's instruction sheet to. I gave the previous guys copies and I have the PDF sitting right on my desktop. I didn't even think to print it out for Victor. I was obviously distracted!

And for what it's worth, when Lewis was here last week we did it exactly the way it says in the instructions, doing Card 1 first, then calling back with Card 2 info - but it obviously still didn't work since they must not have been "hitting" the cards correctly.
I think you're right. It's the guy he was calling into to authorize the things that's the other hero of the day - his name is John.

You must be REALLY relieved after all your ordeals!
VoodooNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #513
j2chulo
The Bad Guy (Tech)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooNYC
I think you're right. It's the guy he was calling into to authorize the things that's the other hero of the day - his name is John.

You must be REALLY relieved after all your ordeals!
I'm glad everything it working now. I just did a succeeded install on atlantic ave. but like i said before it take time to get the channels. i sit there for about 30 minutes till the channels came on. It was my last call of the day so. lol but the guy its happy now playing with the tivo setting. lol Voodoo about your tivo i really don't know what went wrong. one thing i forgot to check before i left was the CP authorization. but Once its authorized it should be ready to go. unless other codes are incorrect at the account. oh and hit need to be sent to both host and card ID
j2chulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #514
Diacritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2chulo
I'm glad everything it working now. I just did a succeeded install on atlantic ave. but like i said before it take time to get the channels. i sit there for about 30 minutes till the channels came on. It was my last call of the day so. lol but the guy its happy now playing with the tivo setting. lol Voodoo about your tivo i really don't know what went wrong. one thing i forgot to check before i left was the CP authorization. but Once its authorized it should be ready to go. unless other codes are incorrect at the account. oh and hit need to be sent to both host and card ID
What would cause the second card to get CP auth quickly, but the first never did get it. I am just off Atlantic -- if I knew you were there I would have laid down in front of your truck. ;-)
Diacritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 04:15 PM   #515
j2chulo
The Bad Guy (Tech)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diacritical
What would cause the second card to get CP auth quickly, but the first never did get it. I am just off Atlantic -- if I knew you were there I would have laid down in front of your truck. ;-)
hmm to tell you the true no all device are the same. one may take longest than other to get the auth go through. but if you 1 card still say nah auth then they may be a prob there. either your card may not be on the system or the host id its wrong or they need to sed few hit to that card. if it already said authorized then you should be fine. unless that card its bad
Old 09-30-2006, 04:20 PM   #516
VoodooNYC

Quote:
No complaints from me, J2! You guys really had a great day in Brooklyn and were more than kind paying mulitple visits. I have nothing but praise for TWC Brooklyn today!!
Old 09-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #517
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!

You know the real irony of all this is that I was supposed to have a Tivo Tasting House Party tonight and since I had no control over the date TiVo picked and I was not feeling optimistic about this whole ordeal being straightened out, I told the few friends I'd invited over for the hell of it that I was canceling. Of course the TiVo House Party content is all on the S2, so I technically could have done it anyway, but I am soooo not in the mood to extol the virtues of TiVo tonight... LOL

Perhaps those of us in NYC should have our own party once everyone else is finally up and running? We can even invite our friends and TWCNYC to celebrate with us
Old 09-30-2006, 04:32 PM   #518
j2chulo
The Bad Guy (Tech)

Quote:
You know the real irony of all this is that I was supposed to have a Tivo Tasting House Party tonight and since I had no control over the date TiVo picked and I was not feeling optimistic about this whole ordeal being straightened out, I told the few friends I'd invited over for the hell of it that I was canceling. Of course the TiVo House Party content is all on the S2, so I technically could have done it anyway, but I am soooo not in the mood to extol the virtues of TiVo tonight... LOL

Perhaps those of us in NYC should have our own party once everyone else is finally up and running? We can even invite our friends and TWCNYC to celebrate with us
HAAHA sound like a good idea. I will have few glass of tequila ouch will be drunk with the first one i don't drink. lol but i'm glad we made some of you guys happy today. well i'm out its almost time to go home. have a great weekend and enjoy your Tivo. I'm jealous i need one too LOL
Old 09-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #519
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!

Quote:
HAAHA sound like a good idea. I will have few glass of tequila ouch will be drunk with the first one i don't drink. lol but i'm glad we made some of you guys happy today. well i'm out its almost time to go home. have a great weekend and enjoy your Tivo. I'm jealous i need one too LOL
I think the TWCNYC execs need to chip in and buy today's NYC area heroes their very own S3 HD TiVos... don't worry guys, if you have trouble getting your CableCards working we've got your back... LOL
Old 09-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #520
VoodooNYC

Wink

Quote:

Laurie: I'm all for it. We can all share installation war stories over a nice bottle of cab while we rewind HD and we can toast Victor, J2 and John.

I'm even willing to invite our friends in Austin and Dallas for completely hijacking this thread today.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #521
Lisa898

Glad to hear everyone's up and running now. Sounds like it was a long day for everyone involved!

My whole install actually went so smoothly (thanks everyone at TW) that I feel a bit guilty.
Lisa898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:40 PM   #522
LJJ

Time Warner Columbus, Ohio here. Just got two scientific Atlantic cards installed for $4.95. Installer had never done before. I did all the work with help from you all. It worked on first card immediately, with the exception that I had to navigate to the MMI screen manually. Also, second card would not authorize at first because they did not understand the fact that two cards were in the same box. Once they figured that out, the "hit" was almost instantaneous. So far, so good.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:44 PM   #523
BGreenstone

TW Austin problems

Last week I had posted that I got my TW Austin problems resolved when the tech came out and basically reset my Cable Cards. Well, that sorta worked, but there are still unresolved problems. I now get all of the channels that I'm supposed to get, however, every so often I will randomly lose channels. Sometimes the channels will go dead for a few seconds, but sometimes it's hours before they come back online.

For example, at 2:10pm today I suddenly lost all of my analog channels (2-99), and I lost a random spattering of digital channels from (101-999), and I lost my Showtime HD. All the other HD channels kept working. Rebooting the Tivo and things of that nature make no difference... I just have to wait until the channels come back.

This happens every day, and occasionally while the Tivo was recording a show which causes the show to get lost since the Tivo stops recording once the signal goes dead.

TW was pretty clueless on this, but they've been nice and have been trying to be helpful about it. Tivo seems to think that this is an incompatibility problem between the S3 and certain models of CableCards since they say other people have reported this problem too. Their recommendation was to get TW to give me a different model of CableCard, but TW says they only have the one model.

So, is anyone else out there having this problem? If so, what is the model # of the CableCards that you have?

Thanks,

-Brian
BGreenstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #524
Diacritical

Quote:
I think the TWCNYC execs need to chip in and buy today's NYC area heroes their very own S3 HD TiVos... don't worry guys, if you have trouble getting your CableCards working we've got your back... LOL
I've got some 30-year-old Macallan scotch for the first tech who gets my "Card 1" up and running. I called customer support and verified the host ID and card ID with them. She sent a signal, but it did not pick it up... and she could not verify the card ID (printed on the card) for me. I guess I'll wait until Oct 9 for the fix.

--
Old 09-30-2006, 07:27 PM   #525
j2chulo
The Bad Guy (Tech)

Quote:
I've got some 30-year-old Macallan scotch for the first tech who gets my "Card 1" up and running. I called customer support and verified the host ID and card ID with them. She sent a signal, but it did not pick it up... and she could not verify the card ID (printed on the card) for me. I guess I'll wait until Oct 9 for the fix.

--
And this is where? Optober 9 that's a monday hmm i work that day so get the bottle ready
Old 09-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #526
j2chulo
The Bad Guy (Tech)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa898
Glad to hear everyone's up and running now. Sounds like it was a long day for everyone involved!

My whole install actually went so smoothly (thanks everyone at TW) that I feel a bit guilty.
Yeah it was really smooth installation. Im glad i saw that bad splitter cause that will prob had mess up the hole installation.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #527
Diacritical

Quote:
And this is where? Optober 9 that's a monday hmm i work that day so get the bottle ready
Clinton St -- right by Atlantic Ave. I hope I do get you ... it sounds like you have it down pat. Though, I have to say, if you do not drink a dram or two of 30-year Macallan may be lost on you.

Very cool that technician are on these forums. It helps give a more balance and a better view of what is really happening out there.
Old 09-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #528
rodalpho

Do you work manhattan victor? I've got an appointment oct 5th that I'm trying to get scheduled earlier, I'm on west thirteenth street.
rodalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #529
vpras

Anyone have some quick help:

Card 1 gets all stations and HD

Card 2: nothing above 96 (Orange County, CA) which mean no digital cable channels and no pay (HBO, Show, etc) channels. I do get HD channels, but NOT pay HD.

Card 2 says:
Connected:yes
Enabled by cp:no
Auth: missing_program_key
CA enable: not possible

Called TW and got a rep in Colorado Springs who referenced my work order and said I HAD BEEN WARNED ABOUT TIVO! Would not check Data values. Now waiting for original tech to come back or call - this was his first install - nice enough guy AND HE WILL ASK WHATI KNOW FROM THIS BOARD - can I get an assist please?
vpras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #530
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!

Diacritical - I'm at Atlantic & Henry... and I may need the scotch more than the TW techs do today When my husband got back home late this afternoon he said he was surprised he didn't find me at Last Exit!
Old 09-30-2006, 08:00 PM   #531
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpras
Anyone have some quick help:

Card 1 gets all stations and HD

Card 2: nothing above 96 (Orange County, CA) which mean no digital cable channels and no pay (HBO, Show, etc) channels. I do get HD channels, but NOT pay HD.

Card 2 says:
Connected:yes
Auth: missing_program_key
CA enable: not possible

Called TW and got a rep in Colorado Springs who referenced my work order and said I HAD BEEN WARNED ABOUT TIVO! Would not check Data values. Now waiting for original tech to come back or call - this was his first install - nice enough guy AND HE WILL ASK WHATI KNOW FROM THIS BOARD - can I get an assist please?
Here is the smoking gun....

Cable provider has not enabled the card. They probably dont have the right Host ID paired with the cablecard.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #532
vpras

thanks - any other theories are most welcome
vpras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #533
Lisa898

Quote:
Yeah it was really smooth installation. Im glad i saw that bad splitter cause that will prob had mess up the hole installation.

Thanks again. I still don't know how that splitter got there, I didn't put it there, maybe the TW guy who came here last just saw it and left it since my regular cable was working. I was really nervous after all the problems people seemed to be havng that this installation would be more than one appointment and not go well.

You guys did a great job today getting me, macsamurai and voodoo all set up. Hopefully you can help Diacritical and all the other NYC locals up and running now that you seem to know all the possible problems and how to fix it all right.

Glad to see you found the forum. Its great to know that at least some of the TW people care enough about making sure it gets done right that you actually came to see what problems people were having.
Lisa898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:24 PM   #534
supertek
supertek

Smile

Sorry brooklyn queens only but if the tech follows the procedures we did today in brooklyn there should be no problems. On monday I will have my dispatchers notify the manhattan crew on the proper procedures. good luck.
supertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #535
rodalpho

Thanks, hopefully I won't need it with your efforts!
rodalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #536
supertek
supertek

This is my first time on this forum so bare with me I will notify the manhattan crew on the proper procedure to install these cable cards on monday when I go back to my office. sorrry but I only work brooklyn and queens. good luck
supertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #537
tsings31

My install is on Tuesday, 10/3 during the 2-6 time frame. I hope that I'm lucky enough to get one of you experienced techs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
tsings31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #538
Diacritical

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertek
This is my first time on this forum so bare with me I will notify the manhattan crew on the proper procedure to install these cable cards on monday when I go back to my office. sorrry but I only work brooklyn and queens. good luck
Supertek --

Thanks for looking into this forum. I'll personally campaign for your beatification if you can convince TW to put up a web page where we can enter the four numbers we need (account ID, card number, card ID, host ID) to verify the settings and to make it "hit" the card for auth. I am about 90% sure now that the host ID and card ID (which have the same format) are reversed for my first card. The tech wrote them down in the opposite order from the second card that worked. When I tried to confirm by phone today, I got the strong feeling the CS rep was humoring me. She did not believe I could tell if the card was authorized or not.

FWIW -- if anyone from TWNYC is reading near a terminal:

Card no: PKBBBRZPS
Card ID: 0-010-334-991-782
Host ID: 0-160-111-917-698

Customer number available on request... ;-)

Job number: 173,980
Order number 10000155202611120001

--
Old 10-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #539
j2chulo
The Bad Guy (Tech)

Quote:
Supertek --

Thanks for looking into this forum. I'll personally campaign for your beatification if you can convince TW to put up a web page where we can enter the four numbers we need (account ID, card number, card ID, host ID) to verify the settings and to make it "hit" the card for auth. I am about 90% sure now that the host ID and card ID (which have the same format) are reversed for my first card. The tech wrote them down in the opposite order from the second card that worked. When I tried to confirm by phone today, I got the strong feeling the CS rep was humoring me. She did not believe I could tell if the card was authorized or not.

FWIW -- if anyone from TWNYC is reading near a terminal:

Card no: PKBBBRZPS
Card ID: 0-010-334-991-782
Host ID: 0-160-111-917-698

Customer number available on request... ;-)

Job number: 173,980
Order number 10000155202611120001

--
the Cad ID: its no need it. Only Card No: and Host ID

I don't think they will put it reverse. Unless they have that Card ID number you put up there as a Host Number. but how will they get that Card ID number? About putting up a page to verify these number on your account i personally don't think that will be possible. Reasons. It may put the cust account on danger ( Hack) 2nd
if a cust get to change those number it will mess up the acct and last not even us the tech has access to see a customer account info. We have to call the office to verify this info.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:25 AM   #540
guerra6880

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenue007
mine says "cp auth received" deycrption status is OK and power key status is OK yet i am missing quite a bit of upper HD channels.

I think waiting on channels to appear is BS. if they appear, it would be within 15 mins max, not waiting hours. I guess visit #4 (or 5 or 6 or 7 etc) will be needed for me to get channels.
Check your OS Build when I was able to get, 2.3.149s2 (0) May 2005, CP Authed I was missing most all of channels it wasn't until I got cards with OS Build 2.3.149.2 from July 2005 that I was able to get everything.
guerra6880 is offline   Reply With Quote