Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #4831
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFools View Post
Currently on my 4th guided setup.

First one I wasn't sure about channel 101 so I asked to try another one. 105 was close but not exact - WRAL vs WRALDT I think. Tried another - 106 matched. Tivo rebooted while I was selecting premium channels.

It rebooted into GS again. Half way through it hung at a 'please wait' screen. I noticed TA was blinking, so I pulled the USB cable and reconnected. Now GS continued. This time I decided to skip the premiums, and it completed. Most channel numbers were ok, but some in the 300 and 700 blocks still had some of the old channels mixed with new ones. I let it sit overnight to let indexing get underway, but still no guide data for high channels this morning.

Third GS I selected "do not receive channel 101". Tivo started to connect home, sat at preparing connection for a while, next thing I know it's rebooted into GS again.

Fourth GS I had to leave in the middle and head to work.
On mine, I asked for another channel for 101 and then agreed with WRALDT (which is correct - channel 5 SD).
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #4832
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
I ran guided setup yet again and this time it worked.
Already ran it three times last night on each one. I'll try again when I get home tonight.
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #4833
Big_Daddy
Purveyor of Idiocy

Last night - second guided setup - seemed to work, but I only really checked the non- broadcast channels like syfyhd or bbcahd. I'll check the others tonight.

Anyway it seemed to work fine when I said no to channel 101
Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #4834
RTPGiants

So...now that people have gone through however many guided setups, is the general agreement that the TA should be disconnected during the setup? Does it not matter for a THD?
RTPGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #4835
ianfarrell

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daddy View Post
Whoa. TiVo and TA rebooted now starting guided setup again. Sigh.
Yep, that's the problem I've had.
I guided my wife through the setup last night as I was out of town.
It got to the stage where it says something about taking 15-20 minutes.
She selected that then went to bed.
I came home this afternoon and it lloks like the Tivo must have rebooted as the set up started again.
I got through to the "Getting Setup Info" screen and when it got to Connecting it failed as Negotiating and said there was an Unrecoverable Error (that's scary) and recommended unplugging for 15 seconds which I did and now has started the procedure all over again.
As usual it's stuck on the Preparing screen.
If it gets whacked this time I'm going to try unplugging the TA as some have seemed to of had success with.
I really wish TWC and Tivo had coordinated this better.
Someone dropped the ball as this has been known about for weeks.
ianfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #4836
ianfarrell

Tivo CS Clueless

Well wadda ya know.
I spoke to Tivo and they have no idea that TWC had this mass Channel switcharoo on North Carolina.
Well I got past some of the problems and now it's stuck on Loading Info - Organizing. Anyone know how long that usually takes? It's been over 20 minutes.

Last edited by ianfarrell : 06-09-2010 at 09:18 PM.
ianfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #4837
carys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesFools View Post

Third GS I selected "do not receive channel 101". Tivo started to connect home, sat at preparing connection for a while, next thing I know it's rebooted into GS again.

Fourth GS I had to leave in the middle and head to work.
I think if you select "do not receive channel 101" it assumes you don't have digital cable. I finally succeeded by asking for another channel and then confirming that 105 was WRAL. I had an HBO recording that correctly chose the HD channel but a CBS recording used 105 instead of 1105. Need to clean up the rest of my season passes.
carys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #4838
SugarBowl

It completed but espnhd is called twresn or something like that
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #4839
Big_Daddy
Purveyor of Idiocy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfarrell View Post
Well wadda ya know.
I spoke to Tivo and they have no idea that TWC had this mass Channel switcharoo on North Carolina.
Well I got pass some of the problems and now it's stuck on Loading Info - Organizing. Anyone know how long that usually takes? It's been over 20 minutes.
Mine took over 2 hours. I turned the TA off and it finished soon after. Then when it started loading program data (after selecting channels), I turned the TA back on. It soon rebooted the entire system.

Second go around (with TA on) went far faster and thankfully worked.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #4840
Big_Daddy
Purveyor of Idiocy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carys View Post
I think if you select "do not receive channel 101" it assumes you don't have digital cable. I finally succeeded by asking for another channel and then confirming that 105 was WRAL. I had an HBO recording that correctly chose the HD channel but a CBS recording used 105 instead of 1105. Need to clean up the rest of my season passes.
Not sure. I said "do not receive 101" and the tivo still realized that i have digital cable. It got my non-broadcast HD channels right (like syfyhd), but didn't get any local HD channels right, so I have to do the switcheroo from 105 to 1105 also.

And I also kind of love that ABC HD is 1111.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #4841
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Came home to find that one of the Series 3's and one of the TiVo HD's were locked up (video/audio kept playing but wouldn't respond to button pushes) so I had to reboot. Upon completion of a reboot and a LONG, LONG "Acquiring Channel information", the Series 3 suddenly had all channels (including the antenna digitals). However, the season passes were still all pointing toward the SD versions (channel 0XXX). Working on the other units now.
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #4842
bcrochet

It was a mixed bag when I got mine set up a couple of months ago. TW was very good about sending someone out while I had problems. However, after 4 service calls, they finally figured out why I was only getting some of the SDV channels. They had a wrong billing code set on my account! Once that was cleared up, it has been good.

The only other issue I had was the first bill. They actually charged me twice for the cablecard install. Charging 40 bucks or so for a cablecard is ludicrous, but getting charged twice for that is even worse. But they cleared that up with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypractv View Post
Fellow Raleigh, NC (Wake County) TWC residents...

I've been enjoying free OTA for nearly 9 months with my Tivo HD and love it. However, I am considering brining TWC back in if the price is right. That being said, for those that have the Cable Card (CC) and Tuning Adapters (TA) have you been satisfied with the level of service and support?

I've read as much of the thread as I can manage and gather that there is an overall acceptance in our market.

I welcome any advice prior to placing my order with TWC. i.e. Do's, Dont's, Gotcha's and so on.

Thanks!

bcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #4843
BluesFools

The fourth GS worked for me. Selecting "do not receive 101" selected the correct lineup. If you go to zap2it.com and select a Cary zipcode you can see the old and new channel lineups. 101 is only in the old one; 105, 106 are only in the new one so that's how Tivo decides which one to use.

Someone - TWC or Tribune - messed up by labeling the SD digital broadcast channels in the 100 block with the DT suffix, which is used for the HD versions. So both 105 and 1105 are called WRALDT instead of 105 being WRAL. This is why HD season passes moved to the SD channels. If they would use HD as the suffix, like every cable channel does, they'd avoid this confusion.
BluesFools is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #4844
SugarBowl

My new lineup is only showing a handful of HD channels.

1500 is ESPNHD (but the guide says TWRESHD)
1502 is ESPN2HD (but the guide says TWRE2HD)

as far as i can tell, those are the only channels in the 1500 block that I am getting.

Does everyone else in Raleigh have the correct station name for the ESPN channels? Do i need to redo guided setup again? I got this response from tivo:

Thank you for contacting TiVo’s Channel Lineup Department. We are pleased to report that your channel lineup issue has been resolved.

If you have any additional questions, comments or concerns, please contact TiVo Customer Support at 877-367-8486 and refer to incident number 100609-007272. We are open from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM Pacific Time everyday.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks for choosing TiVo!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #4845
dkmize

GS w/TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPGiants View Post
So...now that people have gone through however many guided setups, is the general agreement that the TA should be disconnected during the setup? Does it not matter for a THD?
Any Answers Yet?

I am going to do my GS tonight - with 2 cable cards and a TA.
dkmize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #4846
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmize View Post
Any Answers Yet?

I am going to do my GS tonight - with 2 cable cards and a TA.
Shouldnt matter. I did mine with the TA connected.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #4847
kgstewar

missing lots of HD channels

So, I ran my guided setup on my Tivo HD and the guide shows all the channels in their new locations, etc., but I no longer receive many of the HD channels like Speed (channel 1512). Many calls to Tivo and TWC and no good solutions. Has anyone experienced and solved this problem? Thanks!
kgstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #4848
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgstewar View Post
So, I ran my guided setup on my Tivo HD and the guide shows all the channels in their new locations, etc., but I no longer receive many of the HD channels like Speed (channel 1512). Many calls to Tivo and TWC and no good solutions. Has anyone experienced and solved this problem? Thanks!
What happens when you tune 1512? Have you power cycled both TiVo and TA?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #4849
SugarBowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgstewar View Post
I did the guided setup yesterday and had the same problem. There were only about 5 HD channels that i could get. And the guide data was only partially correct. I did guided setup again this morning, and everything looks much better.

All of my OTA channels have disappeared though. A channel scan finds 20 channels, but they don't get added to my guide.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #4850
kgstewar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
What happens when you tune 1512? Have you power cycled both TiVo and TA?
I have power cycled both many, many times, yet the problem persists. I get a black screen with a small balloon of white text saying something like "channel is not available, press select to try again", which, of course gives me the same screen. TWC, Tivo, and I are all baffled!
kgstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #4851
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBowl View Post
I did the guided setup yesterday and had the same problem. There were only about 5 HD channels that i could get. And the guide data was only partially correct. I did guided setup again this morning, and everything looks much better.

All of my OTA channels have disappeared though. A channel scan finds 20 channels, but they don't get added to my guide.
I had the same trouble with OTA's. I ran another full Guided Setup and then they reappeared.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #4852
SugarBowl

My premiere was working fine for about 48 hours. It just crashed and rebooted, and now the whole lineup is messed up again.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #4853
RTPGiants

So, in Durham the channel lineup change is next Wednesday, but in the meantime, we're back to partial recordings. We had pretty much been done with the partial recording problem for a few months, but over the last few days, Tivo's 0 for 8 on getting a complete recording from an SDV channel. Mostly it's started the recording ok, and then about 15 minutes in the picture just freezes and that's that.

Back to being annoyed at the whole thing...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 AM   #4854
Grumock

Quote:
So, in Durham the channel lineup change is next Wednesday, but in the meantime, we're back to partial recordings. We had pretty much been done with the partial recording problem for a few months, but over the last few days, Tivo's 0 for 8 on getting a complete recording from an SDV channel. Mostly it's started the recording ok, and then about 15 minutes in the picture just freezes and that's that.

Back to being annoyed at the whole thing...
So are you sure it is not a HDD failure? When you are recording are you watching too & does the TIVO just cut out with the pic freezing?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #4855
RTPGiants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
So are you sure it is not a HDD failure? When you are recording are you watching too & does the TIVO just cut out with the pic freezing?
I guess I can't guarantee it's not a HDD failure, but it only occurs on SDV channels, not on non-switched HD channels or non-HD channels or transferred recordings.

It also doesn't seem to happen while watching live (although admittedly we haven't done a lot of this), just when the recording is scheduled. To me this seems like the issue where Tivo isn't sending TW the "still watching" ping or whatever it's called.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #4856
Grumock

Quote:
I guess I can't guarantee it's not a HDD failure, but it only occurs on SDV channels, not on non-switched HD channels or non-HD channels or transferred recordings.

It also doesn't seem to happen while watching live (although admittedly we haven't done a lot of this), just when the recording is scheduled. To me this seems like the issue where Tivo isn't sending TW the "still watching" ping or whatever it's called.
yeah I would have to agree with you it is strange that it only happen on SDV channels. Odd that it doesn't happen though, when your watching it.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #4857
RTPGiants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumock View Post
yeah I would have to agree with you it is strange that it only happen on SDV channels. Odd that it doesn't happen though, when your watching it.
TA and TWC are the definition of odd. I'm not going to worry too much about it until the channel lineup change. See where we are then.

Like I said originally, the partial problem had been gone for a few months, so I thought we were done with all this stuff, but whatever....
Old 06-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #4858
Grumock

Quote:
TA and TWC are the definition of odd. I'm not going to worry too much about it until the channel lineup change. See where we are then.

Like I said originally, the partial problem had been gone for a few months, so I thought we were done with all this stuff, but whatever....
just a shame they dont use that Motorola Tuning adapter throughout since from what i have heard, they are super stable compared to the Cisco ones.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #4859
cwoody222

First time CableCARD user here. Installer came on Saturday. Still doesn't work. The installer had zero clue about TiVo. He tried to plug the Card into the TV, didn't hook the coax to the TiVo, didn't plug the SDV Adapter USB into the TiVo, tried to find another TV set for the 2nd card...

I could go on but it was a disaster.

I've called them 3 times for about an hour each time. They get it working but then it breaks again later.

Current theory is that the SDV box is busted; trying to get a replacement.

I have a 2nd service call later this week.

One of their PR guys told me via twitter weeks ago that it would be no problem as their installers were so good. I'm taking a little joy at least rubbing their incompetence in his face.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #4860
cwoody222

I have a "CableCARD expert" coming to my home later this afternoon to fix the issue.

I told him that I had 2 single stream cards in my Series3. He wants to give me a single M card. I argued with him that that doesn't work. He fought me on it.

I'll be bringing a print out from TiVo.com home with me later.

*sigh*

What a joke.