TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #4471
trailmix

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekcbart View Post
Okay, the technician was just here and I have some new information.

I do not need a Tuning Adapter in my neighborhood. Yet.

The former Adelphia customers' equipment cannot receive all of the current TWC channels, so they are getting upgraded to SDV first. After the former Adelphia people are upgraded they will upgrade every other customer to SDV. For me that means that I will get upgraded to SDV at some point in 2010.

Corporate TWC has no idea who is a traditional TWC customer or a former Adelphia customer so they sent the letter out to everyone. This is what is causing all of the confusion. The techs are aware of the problem and they are not happy about Corporate TWC sending the letter out to everyone.

In 2010 every TWC customer will be upgraded to SDV, but only former Adelphia customers are getting switched over in December 2009.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for the clarification. I believe I am in a "former Adelphia" zone so I should be switching in December then.
trailmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #4472
abredt
West Valley TW L.A.

I'm in the West Valley area, north of LA. We got a letter from TW saying we would get SDV Nov. 12. They lied - they did it Nov. 8. I already don't get channels 3, 6, 59 (Weather Channel) so I have to connect the TA one day soon.

Get your TA so you'll be ready and don't believe the date they give you.

CB
abredt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #4473
Fishbone4u

Question Tuning adapter now needed in Dallas with SDV rollout from TW?

Apparently the DFW area is getting SDV from Time Warner despite earlier denials on the board.

http://www.stockbloghub.com/2009/09/...roll-out/15490

I recently got an HDTV and just had my cablecard installed in my Tivo HD. I can get many channels but ones like the Science Channel and Planet Green do not come through.

TW's CSR's has no clue what a tuning adapter but said they would put a note for the tech to bring one for my Saturday tech. appt. We'll see if that happens.

With the rollout of SDV will I eventually see more and more channels become unviewable unless I can somehow get a tuning adapter?

Any expert advice would be great!

Thanks,

Chris
Fishbone4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 AM   #4474
kevin120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone4u View Post
Apparently the DFW area is getting SDV from Time Warner despite earlier denials on the board.

http://www.stockbloghub.com/2009/09/...roll-out/15490

I recently got an HDTV and just had my cablecard installed in my Tivo HD. I can get many channels but ones like the Science Channel and Planet Green do not come through.

TW's CSR's has no clue what a tuning adapter but said they would put a note for the tech to bring one for my Saturday tech. appt. We'll see if that happens.

With the rollout of SDV will I eventually see more and more channels become unviewable unless I can somehow get a tuning adapter?

Any expert advice would be great!

Thanks,

Chris
no sdv yet. they have not even sent out notices to tivo owners saying which channels will move to sdv. So the tuning adapter is not needed for the time being. this could change at any time.

They are adding 4 more HD USA,BRAVO,CNBC,SYFY will be available to cable cards.

also they are moving 5 channels to digital only.

47 tru TV
50 Style
61 ABC Family
63 CMT
73 Oxygen

also adding
cnbc world to 225
sleuth to 271

they are still installing the SDV system, also the regular cable boxes have not even had the guide update to support SDV.
kevin120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #4475
mmcgown

You can count on it.

Quote:

Yes, that's exactly what to expect. Call them back and insist on talking with a supervisor, and keep doing it until they bring you a TA. They do have them.
mmcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #4476
Fishbone4u

Question

Thanks for your input.

I cannot get channels like Planet Green, the Science Channel, and even the digital (non HD channel) Discovery Health. The only explanation that I could find is that I need a TA. Can you get these channels and you are in the Dallas area? I have a Tivo HD with a Motorola M-CARD CABLECARD.

A tech is coming out Saturday (again) and I am praying he figures out why I am not getting channels that I should.

Any idea what's going on with my system?

Thanks,

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin120 View Post
no sdv yet. they have not even sent out notices to tivo owners saying which channels will move to sdv. So the tuning adapter is not needed for the time being. this could change at any time.

They are adding 4 more HD USA,BRAVO,CNBC,SYFY will be available to cable cards.

also they are moving 5 channels to digital only.

47 tru TV
50 Style
61 ABC Family
63 CMT
73 Oxygen

also adding
cnbc world to 225
sleuth to 271

they are still installing the SDV system, also the regular cable boxes have not even had the guide update to support SDV.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #4477
Fishbone4u

Angry

I've talked more times than I can count with Time Warner, even with supervisors when I first set up my system about what I would need, how much it would cost to go HD, etc. and literally every person I talked to said a different thing! Nobody has heard of SDV or a TA and they say they don't have them or do not provide them for free.

It should be free right?

Here's a summary of my wonderful experiences with TW:
During the install the TW guy came out 10 minutes before the end of his 3 hour window last Saturday. I opened the door and he started walking in. He didn’t introduce himself or tell me his name. He didn’t even have a logoed T-shirt on. I then asked him if he was with Time Warner and he said yes.
He admitted he’d never installed a cable card before. In fact he didn’t even know how to get it out of the protective plastic sleeve it was in…. And add a Tivo interface on top of that…he had no clue.

All he did was slide in the card and call this activation number…clearly not worth a $40 install fee. I had to show him the right cable card slot as he started to put it in the wrong one. We finally got the channels working (most of them at least) after about and hour and then he left. He didn’t go up and down to make sure I got all the channels I was supposed to get. In fact he claimed I probably was getting channels I shouldn’t based on what I was paying and threatened to call that in and “fix it”…presumably because I kept insisting I wasn’t getting certain channels I should. Turns out I'm on the straight and narrow with TW and he had no grounds to make that claim.

He left…then I got an automated survey call. I rated him terribly and it sent me to a customer service person. They told me his supervisor would call me. He didn’t..instead the TW guy showed up again, I opened the door and he walked right in…no may I came in please? He walked in and then I sarcastically said “come in”..I could tell he was mad. All he did was call the customer service number for me…which they were of no help either.

Sooo…still need to call the clowns at TW and fix my issues and complain to his supervisor.

The channel lineup they gave me and the channels that work and don’t work are inconsistent with the Tiered structure they have.

Very frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcgown View Post
Yes, that's exactly what to expect. Call them back and insist on talking with a supervisor, and keep doing it until they bring you a TA. They do have them.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #4478
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Fishbone4u,

TWC Dallas has heard of SDV and TA's according to their website:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/dalla...some-channels-

Maybe you could point their personnel to that page the next time they express ignorance.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #4479
Fishbone4u

Arrow

Actually last night when the customer service person (and her supervisor)said they had nothing to do with TA's I read that exact page to her and she said hang on a minute and put me on hold.

Sad when the customer knows more than the technical support CSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Fishbone4u,

TWC Dallas has heard of SDV and TA's according to their website:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/dalla...some-channels-

Maybe you could point their personnel to that page the next time they express ignorance.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #4480
DougJohnson

Quote:
Actually last night when the customer service person (and her supervisor)said they had nothing to do with TA's I read that exact page to her and she said hang on a minute and put me on hold.

I'm in Dallas. I don't think they have deployed SDV here, in spite of the web page. I certainly haven't gotten any notice of such. So it is not surprising the local support people don't know about it. -- Doug
DougJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #4481
questors

Okay...So I am a former Adelphia customer. TW "Customer Care" says I need a Tuning Adapter and I should go to a Cable Store and pick one up. The Cable Stores know nothing about this. How do I get a Tuning Adapter?
questors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:00 PM   #4482
crunchymoto

I've searched and couldn't find a clear answer. Does the Tivo HD unit turn off when connected via HDMI to a Time Warner 4250HDC cable box when the TV is shut off (like the series 2)?
crunchymoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #4483
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymoto View Post
I've searched and couldn't find a clear answer. Does the Tivo HD unit turn off when connected via HDMI to a Time Warner 4250HDC cable box when the TV is shut off (like the series 2)?
There should not be any connection between a TWC Cable box and the TiVo HD. The TiVo connects to the Display and the cableco coax. The TWC Cable box goes in the closet or is used as a doorstop.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #4484
crunchymoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSIRAID View Post
There should not be any connection between a TWC Cable box and the TiVo HD. The TiVo connects to the Display and the cableco coax. The TWC Cable box goes in the closet or is used as a doorstop.
Ohhhh... all new set up. It's been a while.
crunchymoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #4485
mmcgown

Rerun in Dallas

Quote:

Most of us in Austin TWC service area have already been there, done that last December when TWC first released the Tuning Adapters here. Now, nearly a year later, I still reach phone-support reps who are clueless about TAs.

Expect some short-term suffering and remain persistent and insistent (but polite). Then, there's the long-term suffering that will come later.....

The TA is (in my view) a hack and an unfinished product; it has continuing problems and I view it as an interim fix that will never work very well. But it is the only option for viewing SDV on a TiVoHD, as far as I know.
mmcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:58 PM   #4486
kevin120

Quote:
Thanks for your input.

I cannot get channels like Planet Green, the Science Channel, and even the digital (non HD channel) Discovery Health. The only explanation that I could find is that I need a TA. Can you get these channels and you are in the Dallas area? I have a Tivo HD with a Motorola M-CARD CABLECARD.

A tech is coming out Saturday (again) and I am praying he figures out why I am not getting channels that I should.

Any idea what's going on with my system?

Thanks,

Chris
can you post all the chsnnels you dont get.

it seems they dont have digital basic on your account.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #4487
Fishbone4u

The tech is coming Saturday so if he doesn't fix it I'll post the channels. I know that I do get other digital channels as well as HD channels like VERSUS, ESPN, CNN, TBS, A&E, Discovery HD, Food HD, Travel HD, Nat Geo HD...but no Disc. Science, Planet Green, or digital non-HD channel Disc. Health which all three I was looking forward to watching.

Ironically I can hit record on the channels with a black screen and the Tivo attempts to record but nothing ends up in the playlist because no program was there. I do not get a notice that there is no signal, I only get a black screen.

Since apparently Dallas does not yet have SDV channels, perhaps my Cablecard needs replaced? TW has already tried sending signals remotely without any change.

Hey does anyone know why you can't "Scan for channels" on the Tivo HD if you have a Cablecard? This would make it so much easier to filter out the channels that don't come through.

Quote:
can you post all the chsnnels you dont get.

it seems they dont have digital basic on your account.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:28 AM   #4488
kevin120

Quote:
The tech is coming Saturday so if he doesn't fix it I'll post the channels. I know that I do get other digital channels as well as HD channels like VERSUS, ESPN, CNN, TBS, A&E, Discovery HD, Food HD, Travel HD, Nat Geo HD...but no Disc. Science, Planet Green, or digital non-HD channel Disc. Health which all three I was looking forward to watching.

Ironically I can hit record on the channels with a black screen and the Tivo attempts to record but nothing ends up in the playlist because no program was there. I do not get a notice that there is no signal, I only get a black screen.

Since apparently Dallas does not yet have SDV channels, perhaps my Cablecard needs replaced? TW has already tried sending signals remotely without any change.

Hey does anyone know why you can't "Scan for channels" on the Tivo HD if you have a Cablecard? This would make it so much easier to filter out the channels that don't come through.
since you get discovery hd but not the sd version of discovey your cable card might be bad.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #4489
SCSIRAID

Quote:

If the missing channels are not SDV then its likely that your account is not 'balanced' causing your cablecard to not have the proper authorizations to decrypt the missing channels. A CSR should be able to fix that and rehit you and solve this problem.

Highly unlikely that it is a bad cablecard. Your cablecard is working since you can properly decrypt the other HD channels. Much more likely that it is an issue with authorizations in the 'business system' of TWC.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #4490
spepin

Angry It just keeps getting better!

God, it's times like this that make me regret changing to TWC from DirecTV when I recently moved to a new house. As others have mentioned, I get nothing but the runaround from TWC. Their CSR's know nothing, and each one I talk to gives me a different story. I've been quoted prices for things like CableCards that have been billed differently. TWC says the CSR quoted me incorrectly. In every other situation, if a business quoted a certain price or fee, they'd be legally bound to honor that quote -- not in the monopolistic world of TWC though... Oops -- they made a mistake. Too bad for me -- I get to pay the higher rate. Every service appointment that I have made has been missed -- no call from the tech, nothing. I've missed two days of work waiting for TWC and what do they do? Credit the service call -- if I complain enough. Not a bad deal for missing out on two days income.

The latest involves my call this morning about obtaining TA's for my two Tivo HDs. First, I went to my local office and requested the boxes. The CSR at the office looked at me like I was from a different planet. They had never even heard of a TA (although when I mentioned the letter, she picked up a copy of it that she had on her desk and said "this one?"). She said I'd have to call the 888 number and request one. I called this morning. First the CSR said I needed to pick one up from my local office . When I explained that the local office was clueless, she said she could mail me one (as the letter implied as well), but that I would have to pay $4.95 for shipping (a fact which the letter conveniently omitted). Then when I complained that they were going to charge me for something the local office should be able to provide, she said she'd send a tech to deliver one. When I said I needed two, she said they can only offer one for free, and that I'd have to pay $8.50 per month for the second one . She then put me on ignore (I mean hold), and when she came back, she tried telling me that the letter went out to everybody and only those with analog cable (does that even still exist?) and no digital boxes needed a TA. I read her the part about the Tivo HD "in conjunction with" a TA and she put me on ignore again. This time when she came back, she said I would need to pay $8.50 per month for EACH TA!

How can TWC expect us to pay $8.50 for the TA, in addition to $4.75 for the Cable-Card each month? IF that is the case, I'll be packing up my two new Tivo HD units and returning them to Tivo! There has to be some legal ramifications to their intentions to effectively remove part of the package we're paying for and charge us an additional ransom to get it back!

Is this the same thing that others are experiencing? Are you being charged for the first, second or more TA's?

Sorry for the long rant!
spepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #4491
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepin View Post
God, it's times like this that make me regret changing to TWC from DirecTV when I recently moved to a new house. As others have mentioned, I get nothing but the runaround from TWC.............
Is this the same thing that others are experiencing? .........
There are a lot of similar problems being posted re: TWC, CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters.

You can complain directly to TWC corporate headquarters here:

mailto:TWC.COTP@twcable.com

You can complain to the FCC here:

https://esupport.fcc.gov/sform2000/f...orm_page=2000F

Be advised that regarding Tuning Adapters there is no law that says cable cos. have to provide them. If they change your service, e.g., by moving channels to SDV, or adding channels in SDV, without giving your franchise authority 30 days advance notice, that is a violation, unless they arrange some way for you to receive the SDV channels (i.e., Tuning Adapters). Providing the TA's seems to be TWC's general policy but the implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

My guess is complaints to TWC will be useless and complaints to the FCC might have some effect if enough people complain.

and
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #4492
Fishbone4u

All of these issues including needing extra equipment to get a Tivo HD working properly through a cable provider certainly does not bode well for Tivo's future. The Tivo HD after all only works with cable and no satellite. It's in the best interest of the cable company to squeeze out the remaining members of the TRUE ORIGINAL, greatest DVR creater ever, Tivo branded DVR.

Without FCC intervention, I just don't see how Tivo can gain any ground back. It's a losing battle it seems. THE cable companies have the upper hand.

I'd love to have back the Direct TV Tivo. Tivo told me a few months ago that they are still in talks and litigation with Direct TV and that the future of a Direct TV Tivo is still uncertain. I'm sure it will come one day. If Tivo is smart, they will pull out every stop to partner with then.

Loyalty comes at a price. My $300 Tivo HD and Dual Tuner Tivos are becoming less and less to me the amazing brilliant things they once used to be. Don't get me wrong...I love Tivo and would prefer to be a lifelong customer...but how long can I hold onto a DVR that is being forced into oblivion and whose functionality continues to be reduced more and more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepin View Post
God, it's times like this that make me regret changing to TWC from DirecTV when I recently moved to a new house. As others have mentioned, I get nothing but the runaround from TWC. Their CSR's know nothing, and each one I talk to gives me a different story. I've been quoted prices for things like CableCards that have been billed differently. TWC says the CSR quoted me incorrectly. In every other situation, if a business quoted a certain price or fee, they'd be legally bound to honor that quote -- not in the monopolistic world of TWC though... Oops -- they made a mistake. Too bad for me -- I get to pay the higher rate. Every service appointment that I have made has been missed -- no call from the tech, nothing. I've missed two days of work waiting for TWC and what do they do? Credit the service call -- if I complain enough. Not a bad deal for missing out on two days income.

The latest involves my call this morning about obtaining TA's for my two Tivo HDs. First, I went to my local office and requested the boxes. The CSR at the office looked at me like I was from a different planet. They had never even heard of a TA (although when I mentioned the letter, she picked up a copy of it that she had on her desk and said "this one?"). She said I'd have to call the 888 number and request one. I called this morning. First the CSR said I needed to pick one up from my local office . When I explained that the local office was clueless, she said she could mail me one (as the letter implied as well), but that I would have to pay $4.95 for shipping (a fact which the letter conveniently omitted). Then when I complained that they were going to charge me for something the local office should be able to provide, she said she'd send a tech to deliver one. When I said I needed two, she said they can only offer one for free, and that I'd have to pay $8.50 per month for the second one . She then put me on ignore (I mean hold), and when she came back, she tried telling me that the letter went out to everybody and only those with analog cable (does that even still exist?) and no digital boxes needed a TA. I read her the part about the Tivo HD "in conjunction with" a TA and she put me on ignore again. This time when she came back, she said I would need to pay $8.50 per month for EACH TA!

How can TWC expect us to pay $8.50 for the TA, in addition to $4.75 for the Cable-Card each month? IF that is the case, I'll be packing up my two new Tivo HD units and returning them to Tivo! There has to be some legal ramifications to their intentions to effectively remove part of the package we're paying for and charge us an additional ransom to get it back!

Is this the same thing that others are experiencing? Are you being charged for the first, second or more TA's?

Sorry for the long rant!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #4493
dlfl
Cranky old novice

As far as discussing TiVo's and the Cable Cos.' interests etc., take a look at ***this post***. Also take a look at the thread containing that post -- your complaints are not new. It's good to document user experiences but also good to be aware of general complaints that have been made -- repeatedly. Beyond a certain point, just complaining on this forum is of little value.

Series 3 users are only about 0.5% of digital cable users, nationally. We don't order PPV or VOD. It probably is not in TWC's interest to have us as customers. Rather it is in their interest for us to give up on TiVo and rent their DVR, or even just drop cable. They probably spend more money trying to provide and support CableCARDs and Tuning Adapters, than they make from our subscriptions.

Send your rants to TWC and the FCC!

and
Old 11-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #4494
Lidin

I live in Dayton, Ohio and my experiences echo alot of what I have read already on this thread.

TW had to send a tech out 5 times to get my cable cards working properly. Thank goodness installation was free. I think I am paying somewhere around $4 a month for rent for each card.

When SDV was rolled out I was sent a TA for free. I hooked it up according to the instructions and I haven't had a problem with it. Every once in a while I will notice a HD channel that I can't get. I just reboot the tivo and it seems to fix it.

It was a major hassle working with TW initially, but I haven't seem to have had any problems in the last six months or so.

Last edited by Lidin : 11-20-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Lidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #4495
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidin View Post
I live in Dayton, Ohio and my experiences echo alot of what I have read already on this thread.

TW had to send a tech out 5 times to get my cable cards working properly. Thank goodness installation was free. I think I am paying somewhere around $4 a month for rent for each card.

When SDV was rolled out I was sent a TA for free. I hooked it up according to the instructions and I haven't had a problem with it. Every once in a while I will notice a HD channel that I can't get. I just reboot the tivo and it seems to fix it.

It was a major hassle working with TW initially, but I haven't seem to have had any problems in the last six months or so.
Hello fellow Daytonian! There is a thread for discussions particular to Time Warner's Southwest Ohio region, FYI.

Were you forced to take S-Cards like I was in July? Or do you have an S3 model (card slots on back of box)?

Note you usually don't have to reboot the TiVo to regain your SDV channels -- just disconnect the USB connector. If that doesn't do it, also power cycle the TA, keeping it off for at least 30 seconds. Still much quicker than rebooting the TiVo!

and
Old 11-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #4496
HolyTaco

Dallas TWC

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm in the same boat. I'll be having my 6th service call from TWC tomorrow morning.

November 7, 14, 17, 18, 20 so far.

Same problem you're having. Random Digital and HD channels are resulting in a black and gray MMI CableCARD screen. I can confirm it's not the card or the TiVo. I'm on card number 3 and TiVo number 2. No luck.

The techs can only do so much and it seems none of that includes getting the box working. My problem is that after 5 visits, my TiVo is still not properly paired.

I've spoken with multiple techs and I can pretty much tell you that their supervisor doesn't give a crap about TiVo and CableCARD issues. Basically it's our job to make it his problem. His name is Brad.

Keep fighting the good fight. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to join forces.

Quote:

HolyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #4497
kevin120

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyTaco View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I'm in the same boat. I'll be having my 6th service call from TWC tomorrow morning.

November 7, 14, 17, 18, 20 so far.

Same problem you're having. Random Digital and HD channels are resulting in a black and gray MMI CableCARD screen. I can confirm it's not the card or the TiVo. I'm on card number 3 and TiVo number 2. No luck.

The techs can only do so much and it seems none of that includes getting the box working. My problem is that after 5 visits, my TiVo is still not properly paired.

I've spoken with multiple techs and I can pretty much tell you that their supervisor doesn't give a crap about TiVo and CableCARD issues. Basically it's our job to make it his problem. His name is Brad.

Keep fighting the good fight. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to join forces.
can you post the exact channels that are not tunable?

they are not mapping the cable cards right if the problem is affecting more than 1 person.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:13 AM   #4498
HolyTaco

Missing Channels, Missing Service

I can't right now but I can tell you my list of bad channels includes ESPN HD (780), FOXnewsHD, ESPN SD (34) Comedy Central, among others. Overall I'm missing probably 40-60% of my channels across the board. Those are just the ones that I've been using for spot checks during technician visits.

At one point today I was on a conference call with TiVo tech support and the Time Warner Cable Escalation Department, while a technician was in my house. Still didn't get it solved.

The problem is very clearly in the Time Warner System. What isn't clear is who has the control to fix it.

More than one tech has told me this is a very common problem around Dallas right now. They guy who showed up today (40 mins late) even went as far as to say that even coming out to do the service call would be a waste of his time and mine.

They need to make this a priority because someone out there can fix it.

In talking on speakerphone via the techs with the CableCARD people I was told that the "card is loaded into the wrong system" and they have a contact at TWC to fix that issue but he, direct quote "rarely, if ever, will answer his phone"

I've got that guy's name and number but he has yet to return my calls.

Anyone else want to try? Message me.

Quote:
can you post the exact channels that are not tunable?

they are not mapping the cable cards right if the problem is affecting more than 1 person.

HolyTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #4499
bobrt6676

[/quote]When I said I needed two, she said they can only offer one for free, and that I'd have to pay $8.50 per month for the second one . She then put me on ignore (I mean hold), and when she came back, she tried telling me that the letter went out to everybody and only those with analog cable (does that even still exist?) and no digital boxes needed a TA. I read her the part about the Tivo HD "in conjunction with" a TA and she put me on ignore again. This time when she came back, she said I would need to pay $8.50 per month for EACH TA!

Sorry for the long rant![/quote]

Here in the Dayton, Ohio area I have 2 TA's that I picked up at the local TWC center. No charge, no monthly fee.
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #4500
mhochman

Here's my expeirence, I got TW cable in the Bar Harbor Maine area (served out of Bangor) Because i bought a new house that did not have a clear line of sight for my DirecTV. They gave me a crappy Motorola DVR that i hated, So i bought a new Series 3 Tivo. When i called TW to get it set up, i was informed that i could only get a cable card if i had a specific serial number, which i did not have. when i informed them that Tivo says the S3 will work with any CableCard made in the USA, the guy "Checked with his Tech" and was informed that it would not work with my Tivo. When in formed him that according to the FCC's website, they were required to provide a CableCard for my tivo, he asked when he should have the tech there to install it.

3 days later, Tech shows up with two S cards.. and spends the next 3 hours trying to pair the cards, finally he gives up in disgust when he is unable to get the cards to work.. 20 minutes after he stops frigging with the cards and has left, they mysteriously start working...

They have been working fine for the past 9 months... until 2 weeks ago, when i lost most of my HD channles, i signed up for a Tuning Adapter months ago, but never got one, so i call support, and inform them then i've lost my channels, he tries sending me a hit, no dice, sends me to tier 3 tech support, the guy i talk to is very nice, but knows nothing about SDV bring rolled out in my area, first he says it is, then it isn't, that he can just send me a tuning adapter, then that he can't, and has to have a tech come out... so i schedule an appointment for today... The installer shows up (a very nice young woman) with guess what... No tuning adapter. no M cards, her work order just says "Customer can't get HD" says nothing about SDV, nothing about the 20 minute conversation that i had with the tier 3 tech about it being an SDV problem... So she says that she is going to be heading back to the office later, and can come back out with the tuning adapter and an M card.... time passes....

She comes back, tuning adapter in hand, goes took it up and "Has never seen a setup like mine" i have a splitter running to the motorola box, and to my tivo s3, not a very complex setup. she doesnt' want to install the M card because of all the trouble we had with the S cards, she gets the tuning adapter installed.... and it wont' sync up to TimeWarner... several calls back and forth with the office and... we have to install the M card...

She gets the M card installed, paired up and... No Sync with the tuning adapter...

"Oh, sometimes they take a while to sync" well here we are 3 hours later.. and no sync. she said that if it has not synced by monday, call the office and they will send a tech with a new tuning adapter...

Ugh...

http://www.ilikemonkeys.org
mhochman is offline   Reply With Quote