TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #4231
JimWall

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
Just got a TiVo HD and am about to go digital cable.
In Mason Ohio South of Dayton the analog channels are still transmitted so analog tuners will still work. With cable cards TWC sends all the channels digitally and normally they are of higher quality than the analogue versions.
The cable card maps the channel you enter to the digital one instead of the analog one. If the picture isn't better you may have problems with a weak digital signal like I did. TWC replaced the outside cable which was water damaged.
JimWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #4232
kingkong316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougJohnson View Post
Nope. In Dallas you just need the M card (or two M or S cards if you have a S3). -- Doug
Great. Thanks I didn't know Dallas wasn't using SDV.
kingkong316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #4233
DougJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkong316 View Post
Great. Thanks I didn't know Dallas wasn't using SDV.
I'll probably be banned for saying something nice about TWC, but they rebuilt their entire cable system in Dallas about two years ago. So there is no SDV in the foreseeable future.

Also, after being a ATT DSL customer for almost 10 years, I switched to TWC for my Internet in March. Faster, cheaper, and more reliable. What's not to like? Even their customer service hasn't been too big a PITA.

But if FIOS comes by my door, I'm outta here.

-- Doug
DougJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:54 PM   #4234
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWall View Post
In Mason Ohio South of Dayton the analog channels are still transmitted so analog tuners will still work. With cable cards TWC sends all the channels digitally and normally they are of higher quality than the analogue versions.
The cable card maps the channel you enter to the digital one instead of the analog one. If the picture isn't better you may have problems with a weak digital signal like I did. TWC replaced the outside cable which was water damaged.
Thanks, JIm,

Based on this I get the best of both worlds: I can use my second TV without a STB and get the analog channels and I can get a superior digital version of TCM with my TiVo HD and cable card(s).

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:26 AM   #4235
ApexRon

HD Channel Issues in Raleigh, NC Area

This morning, I am unable to receive channel 279 (NGCHD) and excessive pixelation on channels 277 (HGTVD) and 278 (FOODHD). All other channels are fine as well as the non-HD channels for the three with issues.

TWC says dispatch but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Send me a private message if you like.

Cheers
ApexRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #4236
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRon View Post
This morning, I am unable to receive channel 279 (NGCHD) and excessive pixelation on channels 277 (HGTVD) and 278 (FOODHD). All other channels are fine as well as the non-HD channels for the three with issues.

TWC says dispatch but I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Send me a private message if you like.

Cheers
All three seem fine at my place (in Apex) at 5pm. For what its worth, 277 and 278 are on the same QAM (777) and 279 is nextdoor at 771.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:36 PM   #4237
NCGrimbo

Just thought I'd post my TWC Carolinas story here. I'm in Clayton, NC and I think the main office for me is in Garner.

Friday 6/5/09: I called the TWC customer care number to request an M-card and a tuning adapter for the TiVo I had just purchased. The customer care agent was able to schedule the cable card install but told me that I couldn't get the tuning adapter until the card was "on my account". So I had them schedule the appointment for Saturday afternoon between 1pm and 5pm.

Saturday 6/6/09: Cable installer shows up at 4:56pm and doesn't know anything about the two cable cards he's brought, an S-card and an M-card. He doesn't even know which piece of hardware the TiVo is when he sees the 4 boxes in my entertainment center. So, I basically took the M-card from him and popped it into the Tivo and then told him what he needed to do to get it up and running. Luckily, there were no more problems and 10 minutes after we started the install, it was over and I had all the non-SDV channels. After he did some work to the line outside, he left. For $45, I don't feel like I got my money's worth.

Monday 6/8/9: Due to circumstances that I couldn't control, I wasn't able to get back in touch with TWC until Monday. I called TWC CS to get the tuning adapter and was told that I needed to go to a web site to get one sent to me. The agent on the line was kind enough to do the work for me and was surprised to see the web site say that I did not need one. She had me try from my computer and I got the same message. (This is what I get for having a 10 minute install on Saturday. LOL!) The agent put me on hold and about ten minutes later she told me that her supervisor said I needed 2 cablecards to qualify for the tuning adapter. I told her that her supervisor was wrong on two accounts. The first being that I needed 2 cards since I had a M-card and the second being that even if I had only 1 S-card, I would still need the TA. She said she needed to put me on hold again. I said OK. 5 minutes later, she returned and said that the supervisor was gone and that she would look into it and call me back. I told her that I would be shocked if she did, but I gave her my phone number anyway. She promised me she would call back. BTW: It's now two days later and she still hasn't called. LOL!!

Monday afternoon 6/8/09: Knowing that the first agent wouldn't call me back, I called TWC CS again. This time I got an agent that seemed to know a little more and told me that there was a flag on my account that needed to be set so that I could get the TA, but she couldn't set the flag. She needed a supervisor to do that and that I should check to see if the web site worked for me on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tuesday morning 6/9/09: I return from my Tues. morning physical therapy and as I getting ready to fix my lunch before heading to work the phone rings. It's a TWC installer saying that he's on the way to my house with a TA. After I get over the shock of hearing this, I tell him to come on over. I never mention to him that I didn't schedule the install and no one informed me that there was going to be an install. Had I not had PT this morning, I would have been at work and missed the install. Anyway, the installer shows up and he gets to work. He even replaced all of my cables from the wall to the TiVo and TV with new cables. It took him about 15 minutes to get it all done and everything worked like a charm. From what he told me, he's the only installer in the Garner office that knows anything about TiVo and the TA's, so he takes all of those calls. I also found out that they are having problems keeping a good supply of the TA's in stock. After my install, he said they only had 1 more in stock and they didn't know when more were coming.

The best thing about the Tues. install was that it was free. But had they tried to charge me, I would have raised a fit since it's something that I could have done with no problems. I do plan on seeing if I can get a reduction of the install fee since I did everything except call TWC when the cablecard was installed.
NCGrimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #4238
feiter

On Demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieW13 View Post
Will I be able to access my Time Warner OnDemand programming through my TiVo HD box once I've installed the CableCard (which I don't have yet) - or am I still going to need my cable box for that?
I just added the Tuning adapter to my system and got all the channels I was missing without it but I can't access on demand--get a message to call my cable provider. This stinks! I just switched from Comcast in northern CA to TWC in Southern CA--I had zero problems with Comcast and nothing but problems with TWC-I don't think anyone knows how to handle Tivo--it took the tech 2.5 hours to get my cards working and he did not install the tuning adapter--I had to go get that and install today and the whole process took 4 hours of my time--long story but basically given wrong info by tech people and people at a TWC office.

Sure would like to have on demand. Did you get any solutions?
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #4239
feiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGrimbo View Post
Just thought I'd post my TWC Carolinas story here. I'm in Clayton, NC and I think the main office for me is in Garner.

Friday 6/5/09: I called the TWC customer care number to request an M-card and a tuning adapter for the TiVo I had just purchased. The customer care agent was able to schedule the cable card install but told me that I couldn't get the tuning adapter until the card was "on my account". So I had them schedule the appointment for Saturday afternoon between 1pm and 5pm.

Saturday 6/6/09: Cable installer shows up at 4:56pm and doesn't know anything about the two cable cards he's brought, an S-card and an M-card. He doesn't even know which piece of hardware the TiVo is when he sees the 4 boxes in my entertainment center. So, I basically took the M-card from him and popped it into the Tivo and then told him what he needed to do to get it up and running. Luckily, there were no more problems and 10 minutes after we started the install, it was over and I had all the non-SDV channels. After he did some work to the line outside, he left. For $45, I don't feel like I got my money's worth.

Monday 6/8/9: Due to circumstances that I couldn't control, I wasn't able to get back in touch with TWC until Monday. I called TWC CS to get the tuning adapter and was told that I needed to go to a web site to get one sent to me. The agent on the line was kind enough to do the work for me and was surprised to see the web site say that I did not need one. She had me try from my computer and I got the same message. (This is what I get for having a 10 minute install on Saturday. LOL!) The agent put me on hold and about ten minutes later she told me that her supervisor said I needed 2 cablecards to qualify for the tuning adapter. I told her that her supervisor was wrong on two accounts. The first being that I needed 2 cards since I had a M-card and the second being that even if I had only 1 S-card, I would still need the TA. She said she needed to put me on hold again. I said OK. 5 minutes later, she returned and said that the supervisor was gone and that she would look into it and call me back. I told her that I would be shocked if she did, but I gave her my phone number anyway. She promised me she would call back. BTW: It's now two days later and she still hasn't called. LOL!!

Monday afternoon 6/8/09: Knowing that the first agent wouldn't call me back, I called TWC CS again. This time I got an agent that seemed to know a little more and told me that there was a flag on my account that needed to be set so that I could get the TA, but she couldn't set the flag. She needed a supervisor to do that and that I should check to see if the web site worked for me on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Tuesday morning 6/9/09: I return from my Tues. morning physical therapy and as I getting ready to fix my lunch before heading to work the phone rings. It's a TWC installer saying that he's on the way to my house with a TA. After I get over the shock of hearing this, I tell him to come on over. I never mention to him that I didn't schedule the install and no one informed me that there was going to be an install. Had I not had PT this morning, I would have been at work and missed the install. Anyway, the installer shows up and he gets to work. He even replaced all of my cables from the wall to the TiVo and TV with new cables. It took him about 15 minutes to get it all done and everything worked like a charm. From what he told me, he's the only installer in the Garner office that knows anything about TiVo and the TA's, so he takes all of those calls. I also found out that they are having problems keeping a good supply of the TA's in stock. After my install, he said they only had 1 more in stock and they didn't know when more were coming.

The best thing about the Tues. install was that it was free. But had they tried to charge me, I would have raised a fit since it's something that I could have done with no problems. I do plan on seeing if I can get a reduction of the install fee since I did everything except call TWC when the cablecard was installed.
Do you get on demand with the TA working?
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:06 AM   #4240
kingkong316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougJohnson View Post
I'll probably be banned for saying something nice about TWC, but they rebuilt their entire cable system in Dallas about two years ago. So there is no SDV in the foreseeable future.

Also, after being a ATT DSL customer for almost 10 years, I switched to TWC for my Internet in March. Faster, cheaper, and more reliable. What's not to like? Even their customer service hasn't been too big a PITA.

But if FIOS comes by my door, I'm outta here.

-- Doug
I hear that. I miss my FIOS already. Doug, or anyone else, any advice for me about the installers out there. I know when I was in MD the CC installer there had trouble getting them activated. But here both the installer, and the woman he was talking to on the phone who I assume was activating them, admitted they had no idea what they were doing. Needless to say they got one activated (I have two Tivo's) but I only get the basic channels. The other one didn't even get activated. And the guy skipped out on me before everything was setup. Any suggestions on what might be wrong or what needs to be done to get this corrected so I can pass it on to the installer?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #4241
SASouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Do you get on demand with the TA working?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but On Demand is not available on Tivo.

I pulled the following info from TWC's FAQ website:

Question:
Why can't I view some channels on my TiVo Series3, TiVo HD, or TiVo HD XL DVR using a CableCARD?

Answer:
TiVo Series3, TiVo HD, and TiVo HD XL DVRs are not able to access channels delivered using two-way technology, including Switched Digital Video (SDV) technology. However, Time Warner Cable has worked with the rest of the cable industry and TiVo Inc. to develop an external device called the Tuning Adapter, which allows customers with CableCARD-equipped TiVo DVRs to receive programming delivered using SDV technology, while they continue to enjoy all the features of their TiVo DVRs. Please note that the Tuning Adapter does not provide access to our other interactive features (such as the Electronic Programming Guide, Video On Demand, and other two-way services that HD TiVo DVRs are not designed to access). For more information, please visit www.timewarnercable.com/tuningadapter.
SASouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #4242
digitalant

Been dealing with an HR-250 for a while and time to make the move to TWC NYC & the Tivo HD XL.

I've read SO many conflicting threads on what card I would need to record 2 channels at once. I thought I'd be set with 1 Mcard to record 2 streams/channels at once, but some posts say, no, you need 2 Mcards to record 2 streams/channels at once.

Can you someone confirm they have TWC in NYC and can record 2 channels/streams with only 1 Mcard? I don't want to pay for 2 cards if we only need 1.
Thanks!
-Sony T60 (offline)
AIM & WLM: Ant NY NY
digitalant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #4243
raianoat
TiVoBlog.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalant View Post
Been dealing with an HR-250 for a while and time to make the move to TWC NYC & the Tivo HD XL.

I've read SO many conflicting threads on what card I would need to record 2 channels at once. I thought I'd be set with 1 Mcard to record 2 streams/channels at once, but some posts say, no, you need 2 Mcards to record 2 streams/channels at once.

Can you someone confirm they have TWC in NYC and can record 2 channels/streams with only 1 Mcard? I don't want to pay for 2 cards if we only need 1.
Thanks!
I have one mcard in my HD and I am able to record two shows at once.
raianoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #4244
SheltieBlue

Not in NYC, but do have one m-card and TiVo HD XL, and can record on two channels at once.

TWC - NE Ohio
SheltieBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #4245
jharvey31

NYC - Tuning adapter?

Also in NYC - Just got a Tivo HD, and have an appointment with TWC set up for this weekend. The support person on the phone said she would line me up for a single M card, so hopefully that's what they show up with.

I've read a lot on this site about the tuning adapters and it seems like even if NYC TWC doesn't have a lot on SDV now, they will down the road. I even found a reference to tuning adapters on the TWC NYC site.

However, when I spoke to customer support, they claimed to know nothing about tuning adapters. So my question to everyone is: Is anyone in NYC using a tuning adapter? If so, how did you get a hold of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalant View Post

Thanks!

jharvey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #4246
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Which TWC digital channels have CCI DRM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWall View Post
I've heard that most or all TWC digital channels have the CCI set so you can't transfer them to a PC (TTG). Can anyone provide more detail on which (if any) digital channels are not CCI ?

Edit: Sorry, I should have searched this thread before posting. It's pretty clear all digital channels except OTA (?) are CCI flagged. I use TTG extensively and just switched from an S2DT to an HD. I haven't upgraded my cable to digital yet or got the cable cards. My LCTV is only 40" so I'm now considering just staying analog so I can have TTG -- but then I miss all the extra digital channels. Can't win! I know about the PROM/software hack to defeat the CCI but I don't think I want to mess with that.

and

Last edited by dlfl : 06-24-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #4247
jharvey31

NYC Tivo HD update

I got set up by TWC today on my Tivo HD with a Scientific Atlanta M card. One card - so far it works great to record two channels simultaneously.

I also was told by customer support that SDV is not used in the NYC area, although there are plans to begin using in late 2009/early 2010.

The installation guy suggested that a new generation of "2 way" CableCARDs was coming. He was dismissive of the tuning adapter technology, saying that these new cards would be the next step for TWC. I'm not seeing how that could be the case for a Tivo HD, but that's what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharvey31 View Post
Also in NYC - Just got a Tivo HD, and have an appointment with TWC set up for this weekend. The support person on the phone said she would line me up for a single M card, so hopefully that's what they show up with.

I've read a lot on this site about the tuning adapters and it seems like even if NYC TWC doesn't have a lot on SDV now, they will down the road. I even found a reference to tuning adapters on the TWC NYC site.

However, when I spoke to customer support, they claimed to know nothing about tuning adapters. So my question to everyone is: Is anyone in NYC using a tuning adapter? If so, how did you get a hold of it?

jharvey31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #4248
SCSIRAID

Quote:
I got set up by TWC today on my Tivo HD with a Scientific Atlanta M card. One card - so far it works great to record two channels simultaneously.

I also was told by customer support that SDV is not used in the NYC area, although there are plans to begin using in late 2009/early 2010.

The installation guy suggested that a new generation of "2 way" CableCARDs was coming. He was dismissive of the tuning adapter technology, saying that these new cards would be the next step for TWC. I'm not seeing how that could be the case for a Tivo HD, but that's what he said.
He is misinformed. There arent any new cablecards coming. The current ones will work just fine in 2way <tru2way> hosts.
SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #4249
kingkong316

I am a recent TWC Dallas customer and I must admit I am having some HD withdraw. I was a DC Metro Verion Fios customer and compared to them this is just pitiful. Anyone know of any planned channel expansion or any ideas where I can search?
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 AM   #4250
bballcards

I'll share my experience with TimeWarner in Kansas City:

Shockingly, Time Warner here is VERY prepared with respect to availability of equipment. First off, apparently when CableCards are involved in an installation, they dispatch an actual TimeWarner-employed installer, as opposed to an outside contractor. The installers have a very cut-and-dry policy as to what type of CableCards to install in the various high definition TiVo models (i.e. they won't install S-Cards in TiVo HD models, and they won't install M-Cards in the TiVo Series 3, even though the cards would be compatible, if not ideal). This also means that the installer brought multiple cards of each type, so installation was not difficult (interestingly, the CableCard installation was more of a self-install then a technician-install -- the tech asked me to insert the cards myself).

TimeWarner Kansas City DOES use SDV (meaning a pretty good HD channel selection), so you obviously need a Tuning Adapter to access these channels. The installers do NOT bring Tuning Adapters with them (apparently they can't -- and the tech sent to me didn't even know they existed). However, the Tuning Adapters are readily available for pickup at the TimeWarner Customer Service Center / Cable Store. All you have to do is show up and say you want to pick up the Tuning Adapter -- no calling beforehand necessary.

When phoning customer service regarding CableCard issues (for instance, one of the cards I had wasn't activated properly), the CSR was surprisingly knowledgable about CableCards and fixed the issue in a couple minutes. The CSRs are also well-versed in Tuning Adapters.

All-in-all, a surprisingly painless experience in Kansas City.
bballcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #4251
digitalant

No Tuning Adapter - what did you lose in NYC?

How did the install go? Have you found any SDV channels? I can't for the life of me find out what channels we'd lose if we DON'T get the Tuning adapter.

Quote:

-Sony T60 (offline)
AIM & WLM: Ant NY NY
digitalant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:26 AM   #4252
kevin120

Quote:

I dont think twc nyc is going sdv they are all digital except basic channels so they might not use it.
kevin120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #4253
cloudycloud

i just had TWC of albany install a cablecard in my tivoHD.
To swap out the set top box would have added 40 to my monthly bill but to keep the box AND add the card cost 1.80 a month. DUH!

Tech had to come out twice because after the initial install which took 2 minutes and a phone call (i could have done that), it turns out the the tech on the other end of the phone didn't actually enter anything so the card never activated.

then I had to find out that I needed a tuning adapter which they make getting very confusing. it must be requested online and none of the operators I spoke to knew about it.

anyway, everything is finally set up now and working.
tuning adapter took a while to kick in. I think it was downloading a new firmware or something
cloudycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #4254
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Some info please!

Can anyone who has TWC Southwest Ohio (Cinci/Dayton) please post which kind of cable card(s) they have, and what rental they are paying for them?

I just scheduled a cable-card/digital-service install in the Dayton area and they are telling me:

1. They only have S-Cards, no M-Cards available.

2. They will charge $2.54/mo. for each S-Card.

Also, does anyone know if I'm going to need the tuning adapter?

Thanks

and
Old 07-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #4255
cloudycloud

i can't tell you for sure if you'll need the tuning adapter but the TA only affects Switch Digital channels.
If you call support, they should be able to give you a list of which channels are classified as switched digital.

The tech I got kept saying that the TA would handle two way communication but she thought that meant ON-Demand. This is NOT true.
it does do two way comm. but only to enable switched digital channels.
cloudycloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #4256
lafos

Quote:
Can anyone who has TWC Southwest Ohio (Cinci/Dayton) please post which kind of cable card(s) they have, and what rental they are paying for them?

I just scheduled a cable-card/digital-service install in the Dayton area and they are telling me:

Thanks
In the Dayton area, I got the same story, only S-cards, though I've seen a couple postings that people in the area got M-cards at some point. I have 4 in my TiVos.

You will need the TA. Not sure on the card rate, but it's in the ballpark.
lafos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #4257
bobrt6676

Quote:

Thanks
I have 1 THD with 2 S-cards approx 1 yr. and 1 THD with 1 M-card approx 6 months. 2.54 for each S-card and 2.54 for 1 M-card in the Dayton market.
It took persistence to get the M-card. I made sure they put M-card on the install ticket. (they insisted they had none, at the time they confused M-cards and TA's. I called the day of the install to "remind them" (they still insisted they had none) When the installer called I "reminded him" I wanted an M-card. He said he did not have any but would check with a supervisor. He did show up with an M-card. It took 3 days to get it working properly but since it has worked flawlessly.
Yes you will need a TA. I picked mine up at the TW store by the Dayton mall. They may bring one with the install but other posters have said they will not.
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #4258
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrt6676 View Post
I have 1 THD with 2 S-cards approx 1 yr. and 1 THD with 1 M-card approx 6 months. 2.54 for each S-card and 2.54 for 1 M-card in the Dayton market.
It took persistence to get the M-card. I made sure they put M-card on the install ticket. (they insisted they had none, at the time they confused M-cards and TA's. I called the day of the install to "remind them" (they still insisted they had none) When the installer called I "reminded him" I wanted an M-card. He said he did not have any but would check with a supervisor. He did show up with an M-card. It took 3 days to get it working properly but since it has worked flawlessly.
Yes you will need a TA. I picked mine up at the TW store by the Dayton mall. They may bring one with the install but other posters have said they will not.
Aaarrgghh! This is the kind of hassle I'm braced for, but at least I know the facts... Thanks bobrt6676 !

and
Old 07-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #4259
JimWall

Quote:
Aaarrgghh! This is the kind of hassle I'm braced for, but at least I know the facts... Thanks bobrt6676 !
In Mason Oh TWC is doing 2 year price locks. I was able to reduce my cable bill by $40. It looks like a bundle deal on the bill without costs for any items like CCs broken out.
Make sure to have customer service person put a note in for the installer to bring M-cards.
JimWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #4260
joeandmaria

I live in the Milwaukee area. When I got install last week I asked for M-card. Told they don't have them. Asked for TA, he didn't know what they were, talked to supervisor, who said they were not available, but would put my name on a list.

Installer comes. Ask about M-card, he says no he don't have that. Ask about tuning adapeter, no he don't have that. Tells me it has been a long time since he did a tivo cable card install, I hand him the directions. I watch him pull out 2 cards, and I look at them, and they say Multi-Stream on them. I say those are multi-stream cards, and I should only need one. He was confused, and said he would have to call to check. He installed the one card, then I showed him how both tuners were working. He was "surprised".

I am "surprised" how they can run a company like this. I don't know if they really don't have TA, or are all just clueless
joeandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote