TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #1
timhbtr53

Tcd648250b P/s

Well I was very surprised this week, I did a cap job on a P/S and as I was checking to make sure I had no solder bridges I noticed that C120 looked strange so I pulled it of the board and it was leaking on the bottom. That was the first one "as for as C120" I have seen that it leaked. So I guess it might be worth the time to pull C120 and check it if you or doing a cap job. Just a FYI.
Everyone have a great weekend.

Last edited by timhbtr53 : 08-19-2014 at 11:17 PM.
timhbtr53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
Tobashadow

If one is leaking the others are or close to be.

New and Improved! - Cancer Free since Feb 10th 2010!!! F*%K Cancer!
Tobashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
squint

That's too bad because it's hard to find those 470 uF, 200V capacitors at a good price. Having to replace one doubles the price of the replacement parts for a 652 and increases it by 50% for a 648 power supply.
squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
timhbtr53

Not a cheap cap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
That's too bad because it's hard to find those 470 uF, 200V capacitors at a good price. Having to replace one doubles the price of the replacement parts for a 652 and increases it by 50% for a 648 power supply.
Yes it is $4.03 at mouser. It will still just a little over 20 with all the caps and S&H. That was the first one so for I have seen vent. I guess cap cancer can hit any cap.

Last edited by timhbtr53 : Yesterday at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
dstroot

As the client on this job I just wanted to publicly thank @timhbtr53 for his outstanding work. It's been nothing but a pleasure working with him. I would HIGHLY recommend his help to anyone else,

I received the power supply back yesterday and got it put back in and everything is working great. Really, really happy about having this Tivo back in action - it's got a basically new PS, new HD and lifetime service so I am hoping it lasts another seven years!

Cheers everyone!
dstroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
timhbtr53

If you have a P/S that need new caps send me a PM. I will get back to you. I have a quick turnaround. I recap the P/S test it check all caps with oscilloscope burn in test for 24 hours recheck everything once more box it up and ship it out. I just made a new order so have all the caps in stock.

Last edited by timhbtr53 : Yesterday at 07:48 PM.