TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #1921
Brainiac 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by klray1
Our sad tale of HD Tivo is that we ordered one, and found that either one or the other cable cards (Scientific Atlantic supplied by Howard Co. Maryland Comcast) would go out, and I would have to re-boot the Tivo.
As espo mentioned, every single S3 owner in Howard County, MD seems to have this problem. I don't know if every CableCARD device does it, or just the S3, since Comcast has refused my every request to try my CableCARDs (or any CableCARDs) on a different device.

I understand about your returning the TiVo (although I myself am stubborn and actually bought another S3 without having resolved this problem). I wish TiVo could take a more active role in helping resolve these problems, even if they think the problem is with the cable company. I've called them, but they basically just said the problem was with Comcast and I should talk to them.

It doesn't matter whose fault the problem is - if it can't be resolved, most people won't have any choice but to keep Comcast and drop TiVo. If TiVo could tell us what's wrong in cases like this where at least a whole county is affected, we'd have a better chance at getting Comcast to fix it.
Brainiac 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #1922
kimmy482

I am about to have a hissy fit with Comcast over my CableCards.

I believe I have a pairing problem, because card #1 works fine -- picks up all the premium channels -- but card #2 says it's "connected" and "subscribed", but gives me the ol' EnabledByCP: no, CA Enable: not possible, Host Validation: Unknown 00. It tunes everything but premium channels.

A search of these forums and the internet yielded the solution of calling Comcast with my Data # to make sure it matches their records. But when I call Comcast customer service, they either have no idea what I'm talking about OR say they don't need that information, just the card serial number. I finally had one person talk to the head end via IM, but the response was "everything is fine on our end." They didn't even ask for the Data #. Sigh.

So do I just keep calling back 'til I get someone who knows what they're doing? Or should I have the card replaced yet again and hope the next installer has a clue? (The last one certainly didn't.) Any advice would be appreciated.
kimmy482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #1923
Phantom Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3dd
In my case I'm going to turn things upside-down on those bastards if they try that. I'm going to take the Comcast DVR back to the local office, and tell them to drop the HD service and all digital channels ... unless they give me working CableCards (or set up an appointment with a technician with them) at a reasonable price. That would reduce my bill by $30/month (and thus drop their revenue by $360/year), which I'll use towards renting movie DVDs and buying DVDs of TV series.
To paraphrase Lily Tomlin:

We don't care. We don't have to. We're the cable company.

A while ago when I dropped cable entirely (over $1000/yr) they didn't bat an eye. Didn't ask even one question. Didn't care in the slightest. And why should they?

Why should any low-level Comcast employee care in the slightest whether or not you're satisfied or if you're a customer at all?

And as for top management, Comcast had $6.11 Billion in Operating Cash Flow in the last 12 months. Take my word for it, that's a good number. By the usual Wall Street metrics, Comcast is doing very very well. So why should top management care in the slightest whether or not you're a customer?
Phantom Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #1924
dconner

Well, Attempt #3 tonight.
Scenario: CableCards working, but only get the Analog channels and the unencrypted digital channels (basically, local stations only.)

I actually got a really good tech tonight... who unfortunately was unable to help me. According to Comcast, everything looks good on their end, like my cards are all set the right way. I'm still not sure the cards were ever "initialized" by Comcast, but the policy of the home office is apparently, if the records show it, it must be true. (I guess - I'm a little confused on this myself, as to whether my cards are "bad" or were just never initialized properly by Comcast in the first place.)

But the next step, according to Comcast, is to assume the cards are bad (my technician, who actually knew what he was doing and was very cool, verified that they have no way of testing the CableCards themselves before installing them) and install different ones.

Anybody want to guess whether Comcast gave my friendly technician two CableCards to install in this foreseeable circumstance?

So... it's time for Attempt #4. After I figure out when I can be available myself for that visit, I'll call Comcast to set that up. My tech encouraged me to give them hell.
dconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #1925
jeffsinsfo

I have to disagree. There are many Comcast customers with working Series 3, so it's clear that they are NOT "simply incompatible." I posted my saga over several posts above. It was a painstaking task to get Comcast to finally get a competent tech and "head end" employee to set up the cable cards properly, but once they did my Series 3 worked just as designed. I'm enjoying the vastly superior picture quality (how did I put up with my Series 2 on an HDTV for the past two years?).

I think the real problem is lack of training of cable company employees, particularly the ones who authorize and hit the cards. Even if the tech out at your house does everything properly, if the person in the office doesn't set things up correctly in their computer you're still hosed.

A TiVo customer service rep was quick to suggest returning my Series 3, too. I think that TiVo needs to train its customer service reps to better trouble shoot some of these issues. I'm certainly no expert in this area, but it doesn't make sense to me to assume that a cable card slot is bad if the Series 3 recognizes the card but simply doesn't authorize properly. Instead of colluding with the cable companies to slack off on their responsibilities to provide working cable cards to customers who request them, TiVo should be helping to educate its customers and cable companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klray1
Our sad tale of HD Tivo is that we ordered one, and found that either one or the other cable cards (Scientific Atlantic supplied by Howard Co. Maryland Comcast) would go out, and I would have to re-boot the Tivo. After a while, re-booting didn't work any more. After many calls to Tivo, they suggested I try another unit, which was worse than the first one. The poor Comcast techs were here 3 times, and I made 13 calls to Tivo for help. We finally gave up, and I called Tivo to say that we were going to return the replacement unit. The very nice and helpful person I spoke to said that they should never have sent us the second unit--they should have just cancelled our service for the Series 3. She said that Tivo is having a terrible time with both Comcast and Time-Warner CableCards, that they are simply incompatible.

I hope, if either Tivo or Comcast is reading these messages, that they will make an effort to let their customers know when they get their systems coordinated. I would love to have the Series 3, but right now, it's not to be. My friend had to send her Series 3 back as well. The Comcast guy was at her house for 3 hours, with several cards, and none would work.

jeffsinsfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #1926
jeffsinsfo

Just how complicated can Comcast's computer system be? Or do they deliberately look for people with below average intelligence to work there? Some doofus removed the cable modem from my account after my first (failed) cable card installation appointment, though they apparently left my account as if I still had the two cable cards that the installer could not get to work. Some of the mistakes Comcast makes in attempting to provide cable cards are simply unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farrington
My saga continues...

This morning I discovered the STB on our other television (a normal standard-def S.A. digital cable box) lost its authorization last night (at 9:01pm according to a recording).

I called a CSR this morning, and she says that she doesn't see any STBs on my account. Sigh. I can only guess that someone was working on my N.O.C. ticket last night and accidentally deleted my STB. I gave the CSR the box number, but she was having trouble getting it added to my account. So, this evening between 3-5pm, I've got my 4th appointment for CableCARD installation (and also to get the STB working again).

I'm just glad they didn't accidentally remove my cable modem from the account, since I work from home. My wife isn't too happy though. Not only is she unable to watch the Today show this morning, but she also cannot watch Conan from last night. Her favorite comedian was on (Jim Gaffigan).

jeffsinsfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 AM   #1927
ac3dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Gremlin
A while ago when I dropped cable entirely (over $1000/yr) they didn't bat an eye. Didn't ask even one question. Didn't care in the slightest. And why should they?

Why should any low-level Comcast employee care in the slightest whether or not you're satisfied or if you're a customer at all?
They won't care unless they're going to get fired or reprimanded over it. Calls are recorded and are listened to by supervisors (although not ALL calls will be listened to). My strategy is to make the employee look bad if a supervisor ever listens to the call.

"I will drop Comcast if you don't straighten this out. This call is being recorded. Do YOU want to be responsible for losing a customer? If you don't know how to handle this please let me talk to somebody who does."
ac3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #1928
kosherbacon

Angry No local network HD signals in Philadelphia

So I am having a weird issue...

After two installer visits and half a dozen phone calls, I am now getting all of my analog stations and all of my HD stations (TNT, ESPN, HBO, etc.) EXCEPT the local affiliates (no NBC, ABC, CBS, but I am getting Fox, UPN). Strange.

TiVo says that the signal strength on the local HD affiliates channels is 0, so I suspect that the problem is not with a cable card decoding or initialization, but that for whatever reason those signals are void in my house. Comcast has reported no service outages in my area (NW Philadelphia) and my neighbor and I have the same package as I do and gets these staions just fine, so this seems to me to be a problem of mine alone.

Any suggestions for getting this resolved when the Comcast tech comes back tomorrow? The major networks in HD are the

It is a shame that I have to come here to even ask this, isn't it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kosherbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:50 AM   #1929
ewilts
Who, me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosherbacon
So I am having a weird issue...

After two installer visits and half a dozen phone calls, I am now getting all of my analog stations and all of my HD stations (TNT, ESPN, HBO, etc.) EXCEPT the local affiliates (no NBC, ABC, CBS, but I am getting Fox, UPN). Strange.
I ran into this and it drove me nuts for a while trying to figure it out. It turned out that I a channel block on my line for channels 75-80 so that I could use an AVCast system to broadcast my TiVo's signal back out to other TVs in the house. And guess where the root channels were for the local stations... Boy did I feel like an idiot when I finally found that. Remove the channel block and there were the stations in glorious HD. I haven't found a replacement for the AVCast yet though.

See if your technician can test the signal on those stations right where the cable enters the house before it connects to anything else or splits. If you don't have signal there, it's the cable company's fault - it means they have a filter somewhere on their network.

.../Ed
ewilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:08 AM   #1930
kosherbacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilts
I ran into this and it drove me nuts for a while trying to figure it out. It turned out that I a channel block on my line for channels 75-80 so that I could use an AVCast system to broadcast my TiVo's signal back out to other TVs in the house. And guess where the root channels were for the local stations... Boy did I feel like an idiot when I finally found that. Remove the channel block and there were the stations in glorious HD. I haven't found a replacement for the AVCast yet though.

See if your technician can test the signal on those stations right where the cable enters the house before it connects to anything else or splits. If you don't have signal there, it's the cable company's fault - it means they have a filter somewhere on their network.

.../Ed

Thanks for the input. I don't know what AVCast is or how to even enact a channel block, so I assume that that is not the issue. I am sure that they have a filter on their network. Let's hope that they can figure it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kosherbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:59 AM   #1931
Mike Farrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farrington
My saga continues...

This morning I discovered the STB on our other television (a normal standard-def S.A. digital cable box) lost its authorization last night (at 9:01pm according to a recording).

I called a CSR this morning, and she says that she doesn't see any STBs on my account. Sigh. I can only guess that someone was working on my N.O.C. ticket last night and accidentally deleted my STB. I gave the CSR the box number, but she was having trouble getting it added to my account. So, this evening between 3-5pm, I've got my 4th appointment for CableCARD installation (and also to get the STB working again).

I'm just glad they didn't accidentally remove my cable modem from the account, since I work from home. My wife isn't too happy though. Not only is she unable to watch the Today show this morning, but she also cannot watch Conan from last night. Her favorite comedian was on (Jim Gaffigan).
Replying to myself here. Turns out I didn't have an appointment yesterday, even though the CSR said I did. It was early, and I think she was confused as to what today's date was. Once my installer never showed up, I called a CSR who said that my appoint was for tomorrow, not today. At first I thought the technician must have stealthily rescheduled, but the more I thought about it I realized that the morning CSR must have been mistaken. I live out in the boonies, and from previous experience I remembered that techs only come out this way on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

So I tried again with this CSR to get my old STB added back to my account, but it just wouldn't work. The computer system wouldn't accept the box number I was giving her. It was giving her an error like it was already attached to someone else's account, but it wasn't popping up the other account info like it is supposed to. My box number is lost in nowhereland, and they'd rather do a truck roll with a different box rather than hunt down the root issue.

Anyway, so last night I called yet again for some hits. I basically just keep calling back hoping I'd luck into someone who knows what they are doing. Last night it seems that I did find someone who knew what was up. She immediately noticed that it was a S3, and immediately figured it must be a "coding issue" with the backend equipment at my local office (who recently were transitioned from Adelphia to Comcast). The "coding issue" is different from the "rate codes" that other CSRs were looking into. Basically, she believed that the local equipment hasn't been programmed to handle the S3. She was on the phone diligently hunting it down, but eventually had to let me go. She's on the case though and gave me her extension and name. She said she would be handing it off and it should be handled within 48-hours. Finally someone who agreed that truck roll after truck roll wasn't the solution to this problem. I think she works in a regional office. If she solves my problem, I'll check to see if they cover D.C. and VA. If so, I'll post her name and extension here for those in the area.

Wish me luck.

-Mike
Mike Farrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 AM   #1932
JPShinn

So, I took delivery of my RMA'd device and set up with no problem. Comcast re-hit the cards and all is well . . .

John
JPShinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #1933
btwyx
Substantive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosherbacon
Any suggestions for getting this resolved when the Comcast tech comes back tomorrow?
Look in the diagnostics and see what frequency the missing channels are carried on.

I just had a problem with channels going missing, but only when its cold. When I could tell the tech that all the problem channels were carried on frequencies 93-117 MHz (channels 95-99) he got pretty convinced it was their problem and immediatly did the right thing which was measuing the siganl strength coming in to the house.
btwyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #1934
srw69

I live in the Chicago area (Schaumburg) and am in the middle of deciding to stick with the Comcast P.O.S. DVR or bite the bullet and purchase a Tivo S3.

Having read all 1900 posts I am a little concerned with the abilities of comcast to get it working. The only days I have available to schedule for service calls are on Saturdays and Sundays. If the tech's can't get it right the first try, it will be a week before they can try again.

My question.... Has anyone in my area had any experience with the S3 and Comcast? Success or Disappointments.
srw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:33 PM   #1935
cluemeister

23 days still no cablecards

It's been 23 days since I called comcast for cable cards. On December 29th, I was assured it wouldn't take two more weeks to get the cards.

It's now the 18th, and I have yet to receive a call from Comcast except the orginal call to cancel the appointment.

NH region. Anybody else have any experience in this area?
cluemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #1936
Gene Plantz
Four Tivos

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw69

My question.... Has anyone in my area had any experience with the S3 and Comcast? Success or Disappointments.

I'm in Hoffman Estates. Installed about 3 months ago. Got it done on first visit... took about 2 hours but it was completed.
Gene Plantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #1937
Mike Farrington

I don't have the energy to get into my story right now. In the end, after my 4th truck roll, I'm stilling getting "Waiting for CP Authorization". My wife is pissed because they keep knocking our other digital STB off the account when they're futzing with the CableCARDs. She's getting pretty vocal about dropping Comcast entirely. If this goes on, I'm seriously going to consider dropping out service down to basic cable. I'd go full OTA if it weren't for Comedy Central and SciFi. The rest I can live without if need be (until The Wire starts back up).
Old 01-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #1938
lkinley

Kitsap (WA) Comcast experience

I picked up my cable cards at the local office (Bremerton) last week in anticipation of activating my S3. It's been sitting around since Christmas, but I had to wait for some electrical work to be done in my house before I could set it up. The local office is great; there are very friendly and helpful staff there.

I called Comcast this afternoon to activate the CC's and got a person who had never done them before. I stuck with it and it payed off. She put me on hold 5 times during the 25 minute call but in the end, everything worked the first try.

I don't have a digital package, I'm using the CC's mainly for the local HD's. Come F1 season, I'll get the $5.99 Sports Entertainment package to get Speed TV (still no digital package required.) Bottom line, my bill will be $1.50 higher for the second cable card as the first is free. I'm happy!

-Lance
lkinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #1939
Mike Farrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkinley
I don't have a digital package, I'm using the CC's mainly for the local HD's. Come F1 season, I'll get the $5.99 Sports Entertainment package to get Speed TV (still no digital package required.) Bottom line, my bill will be $1.50 higher for the second cable card as the first is free. I'm happy!
Without any digitals or premium content, it might be hard to tell if your CableCARDs are working 100%. You might be disappointed when it comes times to watch your sports.

I've been getting analogs and HD locals just fine for weeks, my big problem is getting authenticated for digitals and premiums.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #1940
rictus

Is anyone seeing guide data for UHD or MHD? I filled out the "incorrect guide data" form on the TiVo website a few weeks ago, but it's still showing "Regular Programming" for me. This is with Comcast in Oakland, CA.
rictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:17 AM   #1941
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkinley
I picked up my cable cards at the local office (Bremerton) last week in anticipation of activating my S3. It's been sitting around since Christmas, but I had to wait for some electrical work to be done in my house before I could set it up. The local office is great; there are very friendly and helpful staff there.

I called Comcast this afternoon to activate the CC's and got a person who had never done them before. I stuck with it and it payed off. She put me on hold 5 times during the 25 minute call but in the end, everything worked the first try.

-Lance
All six of my Cable cards allowed me to watch the local HD and analog channels within two minutes of installing them in the S3. A couple did ahve a problem with showing the other unencrypted HD channels like ESPN, Discovery HD and CSNHD. That problem was corrected one they entered the proper info at the head end.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #1942
hiker
S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus
Is anyone seeing guide data for UHD or MHD? I filled out the "incorrect guide data" form on the TiVo website a few weeks ago, but it's still showing "Regular Programming" for me. This is with Comcast in Oakland, CA.
Yes, I'm getting guide info for those channels and I'm also in Bay Area.
TiVo Series 3 Comcast
hiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #1943
dconner

I've got a 4th attempt scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, operating under the theory of "Maybe they're bad CableCards, let's try installing different ones and see what happens."

There's so much that can go wrong here. To have even a small chance of success, you need all three elements to converge:
1. Non-clueless techs
2. Non-clueless people at the Comcast office who answer their phones. And they have to properly initialize the CableCards from their end. If they don't, there seems to be no way to tell. ("The data looks correct from here.")
3. Properly functioning CableCards ("No, we don't test them before we send out our techs. Why do you ask?")

The excellent tech I had the other night (who'd recently started working for Comcast after moving to the area from Alabama, where he worked for some other cable company, which probably explains the competence) was particularly irked, and rightly so, that they had no way to test the CableCards themselves before heading out for a job.

It's really not even possible to properly diagnose problems this way. (Could the real problem be with the SA cards and/or how TiVo talks to them?)

I'm kinda hoping for a miracle of some sort where everything will start working once the TiVo 8.1 release is out, but I don't know how likely that is.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #1944
HORUS

I just got off the phone with a Comcast agent from where I live (Central Jersey), she informed me that there has been a two-week out of stock status on the cable cards with no expected replenishment time frame and no chance for a wait list. She informed me to call back periodically. Maybe their thinking is that if they drag their heels long enough that people will just cave in and purchase their DVRs or wait till they launch their TIVO box. Any insight or more information that someone was able to gather from talking to someone?
HORUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #1945
Mike Farrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORUS
I just got off the phone with a Comcast agent from where I live (Central Jersey), she informed me that there has been a two-week out of stock status on the cable cards with no expected replenishment time frame and no chance for a wait list. She informed me to call back periodically. Maybe their thinking is that if they drag their heels long enough that people will just cave in and purchase their DVRs or wait till they launch their TIVO box. Any insight or more information that someone was able to gather from talking to someone?
You could CC the CSRs supervisor and some regional or national Comcast person on a written and mailed complaint letter to the FCC. I've never done such a thing myself. The FCC probably won't do anything (except add it to the count of people with problems). But some higher-up at Comcast might come down on your NJ office.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:22 PM   #1946
pl1

Cable Card Price Increase

I received a bunch of different answers from the Comcast reps north of Boston. None of it made any sense to me at all until finally I received a new price list. What is confusing is that there are TWO charges for the cable cards. First there is a charge for the card then there is a charge for the A/O (Aditional Outlet.) Boy did I have a hard time getting through to the Comcast rep that their fee schedule says N/C for the cable card. But, I did not know there was an additional A/O charge on top of the card. I thought that was the fee we were discussing all along!

When I first called to get a price, I was told I would pay $4.45 extra for a HD box, and my first card was free and the second card was 2.50. I got billed $4.45 for the HD box PLUS 2.75 A/O for each card. So, the rep was wrong about the cable card cost, it was free, and did not mention or know about the Additional outlet fee.

My new pricing schedule goes like this:

Quote:
.....WITH BOX................................Old Price......... New Price

First Cable Card ......................................N/C............N/C
Second Card Same Device........................N/A...........1.50/mo

Digital Additional Outlet Service Charge....2.75/mo......3.51/mo
Quote:
.....WITHOUT BOX..........................Old Price......... New Price

First Cable Card ......................................N/C............N/C
Second Card Same Device........................N/A...........1.50/mo

Digital Additional Outlet Service Charge....0.00/mo......0.00/mo

So, that about does it for me with keeping the extra HD box. I'm returning that puppy immediately. That "should" recoup me $10 for the box and $3.51 for one A/O and as of Feb 1, it would have cost me $19 to keep the box with the cable cards. If I do this return "correctly", it should be $5 for the two cable cards. But, I doubt I'm through arguing with these people.

One mistake I made in communicating with Comcast was to request HD access as opposed to premium content. The girl kept saying I did not need a box for HD, which is correct, but I meant to say premium access. She said I should just keep the old digital box and there would be no A/O fee. But, reading the price list they included with the bill, it says an A/O charge for every outlet over and above the digital OR HD "box".

Last edited by pl1 : 01-19-2007 at 09:11 PM.
pl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #1947
dconner

In what version of English does a CableCard constitute an "outlet?" If this word is used as an industry term of art, I strongly suspect it doesn't encompass CableCards....
Old 01-19-2007, 08:36 PM   #1948
c3
TiVoholic

An outlet is a device that can receive/decode the signal. Some areas treat a device with two CableCards as one outlet, and some areas treat it as two outlets (wrong, IMO).
c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #1949
pl1

My fault for not explaining it fully. It probably has to do with any additional outlet over and above the first. So, I have an HD Box and the two cable cards are two additional outlets, so $3.51 each for the A/O.

My current bill says

1/24 - 2/23 CABLECARD A/O 2.75
1/24 - 2/23 CABLECARD A/O 2.75

The pricing menu: "Digital Additional Outlet Service Charge (High Definition or Digital) Charge for reception of premium services or package on additional outlets (per outlet)"

I quote.

Last edited by pl1 : 01-19-2007 at 08:48 PM.
pl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:05 PM   #1950
dconner

Ah, that's interesting. I was kind of assuming the whole notion of treating this as an "additional outlet" in the first place was jive, but I guess that fits standard practice (or at least for one additional "box," it does.)

By the way, consider yourself lucky for only being soaked for that rate. My new rate schedule says "DVR Service (primary *or* additional outlet)" up to $11.95 from $9.95.

So even if I wasn't still paying for a Comcast digital box (hopefully temporarily until I get full TiVo functionality), I'll still be charged 24 bucks for two CableCards....