TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #1
dwiener

Unable to program my tivo remotely

Ok I know my series 3 HD Tivo is a dinosaur, and they want me to buy a romio but this box ain't dead yet so why is Tivo trying to kill it. In the past I never had a problem programming it remotely using either the Tivo web page or their iPhone app. Now neither work. The website when I log in redirects me to a blank page but the url has unsupported device in it, and the iPhone app gives an error 1002 code, try again later. Whats up Tivo? I paid you for lifetime service but apparently I'm not getting it.

dwiener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
timhbtr53
Grumpy Old Man

Login in to tivo.com

And make sure you have video sharing and video downloads on. Try this web site you have to setup an ID but it works for me great http://www.titantv.com/
https://www.shobot.tv/

On titantv you go find the show and set it to record and you setup shobot with your TiVo info it will ask if you have more then one TiVo which one and it does the rest. It will message your TiVo box that you setup a remote recoding it a free site both or and works very well...

Hope this helps.

timhbtr53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
HerronScott

Are you going to TiVo Online? That's the new interface which won't work with our S3's. You need to look under My Account, My Shows, TV listings guide.

I was able to schedule a recording for my S3 there.

Scott

4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #4
dwiener

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
Are you going to TiVo Online? That's the new interface which won't work with our S3's. You need to look under My Account, My Shows, TV listings guide.

I was able to schedule a recording for my S3 there.

Scott
That's what TiVo support explained to me. It's just buried and hard to find. I also need to use the web browser on my iPhone as the TiVo app no longer supports my series 3. You would think they could put out a separate app for those of us with older devices. The app used to work fine a few updates ago.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwiener View Post
That's what TiVo support explained to me. It's just buried and hard to find. I also need to use the web browser on my iPhone as the TiVo app no longer supports my series 3. You would think they could put out a separate app for those of us with older devices. The app used to work fine a few updates ago.
There are two TiVo apps for Android devices, new one for the Roamio's, older one for Series 3's.

New one is just listed as "TiVo", older one as "TiVo Classic".

I still have a Series 3 and a TiVo HD churning away, so I'm flipping between the 2 apps a lot.

The new one was working with all my TiVo's as well, until a couple of updates ago, then it pointed me to the classic app.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
TiVo Roamio Basic 300 HD Hours-Lifetime
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
dwiener

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
There are two TiVo apps for Android devices, new one for the Roamio's, older one for Series 3's.

New one is just listed as "TiVo", older one as "TiVo Classic".

I still have a Series 3 and a TiVo HD churning away, so I'm flipping between the 2 apps a lot.

The new one was working with all my TiVo's as well, until a couple of updates ago, then it pointed me to the classic app.

phox
There's no classic version on the iPhone unfortunately, just the current one and a lot of second party remote controls. I was thinking of purchasing a Roamio, but with most of what I watch available on demand or through streaming services it's hard to justify the cost, even with lifetime service.

Old 06-22-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
lew

Classic version if the app no longer let's you program recordings. I wasted time on chat. Classic TiVo app wasa supposed to be pulled, it wasn't. I asked where we were told about the change. I was supplied a link which said it should work. My guess is they didn't know they broke it until after the fact

Last edited by lew; 06-23-2015 at 12:57 PM.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #8
acc10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwiener View Post
Ok I know my series 3 HD Tivo is a dinosaur, and they want me to buy a romio but this box ain't dead yet so why is Tivo trying to kill it. In the past I never had a problem programming it remotely using either the Tivo web page or their iPhone app. Now neither work. The website when I log in redirects me to a blank page but the url has unsupported device in it, and the iPhone app gives an error 1002 code, try again later. Whats up Tivo? I paid you for lifetime service but apparently I'm not getting it.
Same here. S3 w/ lifetime sub, TiVo app on iPhone 6, 1002 error every time I try to schedule a recording through the app (scheduling through TiVo's site works fine). F*cking annoying.

acc10x is offline   Reply With Quote