TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
stream

Amazon Unbox Not Working

I tried ordering an Amazon Unbox movie rental from my TiVo HD, everything seemed to work fine, except it never downloaded. I've been on the phone with the Unbox and TiVo customer service people multiple times, and they can't figure out what the issue is. Amazon sees the download in the queue, but it doesn't download.

They've tried deleting the queue, and I try to download another one but it never comes. I've unlinked my TiVos then re-registered with Amazon. Enable downloads is checked in my TiVo account.

I can download other videos (NY Times, etc.), just not Unbox.

I've ordered Unbox videos successfully in the past.

TiVo has escalated it and said they'll call me.

Anybody have any suggestions?
stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
cmontyburns
Excellent.

If you've talked to both Amazon and TiVo they've probably looked at this already, but is your privacy setting set correctly? (This is not the same as enable downloads.) You have to be at some level of opt-in for TiVo and Amazon to be able to share your account information. Without that, downloads won't work.

Even if it is set correctly, you might opt out and then back in again. This happened to me initially -- the setting was correct, but it had to be "touched" once to get it to be actually recognized.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
If you've talked to both Amazon and TiVo they've probably looked at this already, but is your privacy setting set correctly? (This is not the same as enable downloads.) You have to be at some level of opt-in for TiVo and Amazon to be able to share your account information. Without that, downloads won't work.

Even if it is set correctly, you might opt out and then back in again. This happened to me initially -- the setting was correct, but it had to be "touched" once to get it to be actually recognized.
My privacy setting was not set to opt in, and on one of the calls with Amazon, they said I had to change to opt in, so I did. Still no download.

Not sure about this opt in thing, since I was able to download Unbox videos in the past even though I didn't opt in.

Anybody else have any suggestions?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
chrisgagne

This same thing happened to me. After about a week everything started to download (actually, today they started downloading). I'm still waiting for Amazon to call or email me to tell me it's working. But I believe everything is fine now, so all I can say is be patient. I'm not sure what the problem was, something in Amazon's system I guess.
chrisgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
stream

It took about 10 days, then all the videos downloaded. So that's video-not-quite-on-demand.

TiVo never called me back, although they said they would.

Blockbuster has gotten my business since.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM   #6
TiVoCrastinator
I'll watch it later.

Interesting... That happend to me this weekend too.
I ordered two one-hour episodes of "Carrier". One downloaded just 11 minutes, and the other downloaded fine. Then, I re-ordered the 11 minute one so I could get the full hour, and nothing at all downloaded, even though I was charged. Shrug. Maybe It'll come up in a few days ?
TiVoCrastinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoCrastinator View Post
Interesting... That happend to me this weekend too.
I ordered two one-hour episodes of "Carrier". One downloaded just 11 minutes, and the other downloaded fine. Then, I re-ordered the 11 minute one so I could get the full hour, and nothing at all downloaded, even though I was charged. Shrug. Maybe It'll come up in a few days ?
Why did you re-order it? You can re-initiate downloads for purchases through the Amazon media library. Rentals don't that have this ability, but TV purchases do.

Last edited by rainwater : 09-23-2008 at 12:48 AM.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #8
TiVoCrastinator
I'll watch it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Why did you re-order it? You can re-initiate downloads for purchases through the Amazon media library. Rentals do that have this ability, but TV purchases do.
I didn't know / didn't know how.
How do you do that ?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #9
TiVoCrastinator
I'll watch it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
Why did you re-order it? You can re-initiate downloads for purchases through the Amazon media library. Rentals do that have this ability, but TV purchases do.
Okay- I found it on the Amazon site and chose the "sent to Tivo". Thanks for the tip- I think it's working
Old 10-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #10
TiVoCrastinator
I'll watch it later.

Okay- maybe everyone else has this all figured out. This weekend, I ordered some videos from my PC to send to my Tivo. 3 out of 5 worked, but 1 of the 3 was incomplete. I cant find anywhere to "reset" that they haven't been sent to my Tivo. When I try looking at my "media library", it says I can either "watch now" or "download". When I try to download, it says "There are no more PCs/TiVos to download this video to"

Any ideas on how to reset the download status. I'm getting tired of paying for videos that I can't watch
Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #11
bellbm

I'm having the same problem, and I can't get videos from Music Choice to download either.
bellbm is offline   Reply With Quote