TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #991
LI-SVT

All M cards are NDS?

Are all areas of Cablevision using NDS M cards?
LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #992
cwolfey

Question

Looking to also upgrade my 2 single stream cablevision cards to multi stream cards since I have to get a new M-Card for the premier 4 I am ordering
Question: Do I need to still get 2 of the M-cards for the series 3?
cwolfey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #993
RickNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfey View Post
Question: Do I need to still get 2 of the M-cards for the series 3?
For Series 3, YES. For TivoHD, no. Series 3 can use multistream cards, but only in single-stream mode - so you need two. TivoHD can use multistream card in multistream mode.
RickNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #994
cwolfey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
For Series 3, YES. For TivoHD, no. Series 3 can use multistream cards, but only in single-stream mode - so you need two. TivoHD can use multistream card in multistream mode.
OK figured that, does it benefit me to swap the single stream cards to new multi stream ones?
cwolfey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #995
Blahman

Ok, had 2 Series 3 TiVo units going with 2 S-card cablecards for years now.
Added 2 more S3 OLED TiVo units.
Go to Cablevision, say I need 4 cablecards and 2 tuning adapters for an older S3 TiVo slots in the back. Lady at the counter knew right away what I was talking about. Got the cards, tuning adapters, and bring it all home.
Well, somehow in adding the new cards and tuning adapters to the account she messed up the pairing on the very first card on the account as the S3 that has been working for years suddenly gets nothing but the in the clear channels on one tuner.
After lots of checking and verifying it is definitely just that one card that is missing channels.
That was Tuesday night. Come Saturday ready to get everything going and get the last 2 cable boxes out of the house. Everything all hooked up, cable boxes returned. All is good. Call to have all the new cards paired to their hosts and have another hit on the one card that somehow got messed up by adding equipment to the account.
At that point everything is working except CC-1 on S3-1. Although it is now getting some but not all the channels it should.
Give it about an hour. Call back on the one card not working. Guy hits the card and does a few other things.
About 30 min later I now have 3 working TiVos with 6 working cards and the very first TiVo on the account now has both cards giving only the non-encrypted channels.
4th time is a charm as this last time I get someone who really knew what they were doing and this person managed to activate and pair both cards from the main S3 and get all my cards on all systems working.

So, clearly they don't know quite what they are doing still over at Cablevision but with enough tries you can find people who have a clue.