TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #1381
TheLongshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbax5 View Post
I have same problem with Cox. Upgrade has been going on for 5 days now. Cox supervisor brought 5 cable cards out to the house. None work. They don't know what is wrong. Can't even get through to Tivo support. Twenty minute wait. I am fed up. Dumping the Tivo in the trash. When it works I love it, but this is ridiculous. Why don't Cox technicians read this board? They know nothing. The supervisor knew nothing.
I had problems when they tried to install M-Cards into my Tivo. For some reason, it didn't want to pick up the digital tiers and the non-local HD stations. Finally they put in two S-Cards and it worked fine.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #1382
hddude55

Quote:
Originally Posted by hddude55 View Post
Looks like we MAY have the missing channels bug fixed here in the Phoenix area so we can have a fully functioning TiVo experience for three or four days until sdv deployment and deleted channels on July 1. I'll bet Cox will roll out the tuning resolver with about the same sense of urgency -- hopefully by 2010 or so.
I spoke too soon. After three or four days with the "fix" I again have missing non-local channels! What a bunch of BS.
hddude55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #1383
jebbbz

Quote:
I spoke too soon. After three or four days with the "fix" I again have missing non-local channels! What a bunch of BS.
Did you confirm that your cable card(s) received the firmware upgrade? You would need to check under SA CableCARD Diag Screen under the CableCARD Menu. It should read (about four lines from the bottom): PKEY1.1.12_F.p.0301
jebbbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #1384
hddude55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbbz View Post
Did you confirm that your cable card(s) received the firmware upgrade? You would need to check under SA CableCARD Diag Screen under the CableCARD Menu. It should read (about four lines from the bottom): PKEY1.1.12_F.p.0301
I don't blame you for grasping at straws, but, I know all too well how to check the software version and both cards were both updated last weekend to 0301.

I know this bad news is almost too hard to believe but it's true and I'll bet others will report problems as a few more days pass. The "fix" may have worked fine in Vegas for several weeks but obviously there must be hardware differences between Cox-Phoenix and Cox-Vegas.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #1385
Dbax5

Well I did it. After investing more than $300 in Tivo HD I am dumping it in favor of the Cox DVR. I have 6 months left on my subscription, which I will have to eat. I will pack my Tivo away until they get cable cards that work. Tivo support will not admit that Scientific Atlantic cards are faulty. Cox tells me that Tivo is suing Scientific Atlantic.
I love Tivo when it works. But it doesn't. The Cox DVR isn't a Tivo, but it comes close. And now I can have ON Demand and get Howard Stern TV. And eventually save $13 a week.
I now have to call Tivo and cancel, and put up with them trying to talk me out of it. But I am so pissed, I won't change my mind. We have to make a stand until this problem is fixed. And the firmware update fixes nothing. Some of you are lucky I guess. The Cox guy said he guarantees the new cable cards last only 2 months. He said they are swamped with problems.

Dbax5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #1386
Dbax5

Just one more thing! I wish I knew about this sight before I bought the damn thing. Tivo certainly didn't tell me that it would not work properly with Cox in Phoenix! I'm really down on this company and I hope others don't make the same mistake.
Dbax5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:58 PM   #1387
jebbbz

Quote:
I don't blame you for grasping at straws, but, I know all too well how to check the software version and both cards were both updated last weekend to 0301.
Sorry, it is sometimes hard for me to get a handle on which people have had which problems and to figure who has gotten what updates. Loss of channels hasn't been much of a problem for me since April and I haven't noticed any problems with channels since the firmware upgrade.

It looks like the Phoenix firmware upgrade went out to every one at the same time, rather than neighborhood by neighborhood. I am fairly sure that here Cox expanded partly by acquiring other cable systems and some of our problems may be due to incompatibilities legacy system hardware.

The loss of channels problems seems to hit both Series 3 and HD owners (I assume you have an S3 since you mention "both" cards). I don't know if the endless upgrade/channel 199 problem is common to both kinds of machines. Before your loss of channels problem returned did you notice any glitches in the firmware upgrade? Can you tune channel 199 without sending your TiVo into a tizzy?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 PM   #1388
craigo
Broncos Fan

I posted this before and I'll post this again. I too, had the issue of lost channels with the Mcards on my S3. I switched back to the Scards a few months ago and I haven't had any problems. Even the audio/video ff- every few seconds on certain SD channels, seems to have disappeared. Oh, and no lost channels...
craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:18 AM   #1389
Darlbach

My two cents.....

I have a Cox m-card in the TIVO HD unit the Phoenix area (Peoria). I started getting the dreaded "Firmware Upgrade" screen last Wednesday/Thursday. I called Cox service and they tried to hit the card a few times but no change. They decided to roll a truck for Saturday. Woke up Saturday AM and the TIVo was working fine so I called and cancelled the service call. Saturday afternoon, guess what? The dreaded "Firmware Upgrade" screen again. I called Cox and got back in line for service. The guy shows up yesterday (Monday) and of course the thing is working just fine again. He seemed a bit perturbed, but I told him I knew the minute I cancelled the call it would stop working. He did say that they are having all kinds of problems with the cable cards and it's keeping them hopping. I know two people I work with are having the exact same problem. He said if you're just patient with the upgrade, eventually it will take. Well here we are on Tuesday PM and things are still working OK so far. Dare I say we're out of the woods?
Darlbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #1390
jebbbz

Can you tune to channel 199 without your TiVo going crazy?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 AM   #1391
hddude55

Quote:
The loss of channels problems seems to hit both Series 3 and HD owners (I assume you have an S3 since you mention "both" cards). I don't know if the endless upgrade/channel 199 problem is common to both kinds of machines. Before your loss of channels problem returned did you notice any glitches in the firmware upgrade? Can you tune channel 199 without sending your TiVo into a tizzy?
I have a series3 and channel 199 wasn't an issue. The upgrade seemed to go smoothly in fact last weekend. But today all Hell has broken loose. This morningy I lost a bunch of non-locals on both cards, called Cox to roll a truck and a couple hours later the channels were all back - without a reboot! A few minutes ago they disappeared again - in fact I was watching when channel 36 CNN seemed to cut out and then went to a gray screen -- along with the other non-locals on both cards. I just now rebooted and all channels seem to be back on both cards. This is crazy. Some "fix."
Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 AM   #1392
Roderigo

Quote:
I have a series3 and channel 199 wasn't an issue. The upgrade seemed to go smoothly in fact last weekend. But today all Hell has broken loose. This morningy I lost a bunch of non-locals on both cards, called Cox to roll a truck and a couple hours later the channels were all back - without a reboot! A few minutes ago they disappeared again - in fact I was watching when channel 36 CNN seemed to cut out and then went to a gray screen -- along with the other non-locals on both cards. I just now rebooted and all channels seem to be back on both cards. This is crazy. Some "fix."
This doesn't sound as much like a cablecard issue as a signal issue. Is there any information from the cablecard diagnostics screens about what may be going wrong? how about the tivo diagnostics screen?
Roderigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #1393
tHe toque

Cable card problems

I hate to sound litigious but, has there been any talk of a class action lawsuit vs. Tivo/Cisco/Cox (any one or all three)? I just bought a Tivo HD and have had nothing but trouble with no possible remedy in sight yet. It seems that Cox is doing everything in their power to make cable cards unattractive to consumers, this is reflected in the attitude of the CSR's, tech support, and the field techs. If Cox wanted to fix the problems in the Phoenix metro area it seems to me they would have. Maybe the threat of litigation would help...

P.S. does anyone have information on how to access the executive level at Cox?
tHe toque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #1394
colflagg

I'm in Phoenix and I got the firmware upgrade (PKEY1.1.12_F.p.0301) on my S3 with Multi-Stream cards this past Thursday the 26th. I thought my gray-screen problems were resolved and my Tivo has been working fine up until yesterday (Tuesday).

Yesterday afternoon, right after work, I was scrolling through channels and when I got to 61 (QVC) and I was informed that my cable cards were performing an upgrade. After 4 hours and I figured out the cable cards were in a firmware update loop. The upgrade appears to complete, the channel tunes for about 1 second, then the firmware update starts again.

I called Cox and the rep stated my problem is due to the fact that SDV went into effect today (July 1) and now I cannot tune 40-100 channels depending on my tiers, and needed to wait for the tuning resolver to fix my issue.

I explained that I could not tune ANY channels and that the cards were in firmware upgrade status according to the diagnostic menu. Troubleshooting limit of the Cox rep reached, need to send a truck, scheduled for Saturday morning.

After some more messing around, I finally was able to get out of the firmware upgrade loop by very quickly changing the channel during the 1 second tuning window and then repeating this process on the other cable card. I verified the firmware version and it is still PKEY1.1.12_F.p.0301

I can re-create the firmware upgrade loop at any time by tuning to a specific channel (there are several that cause this to occur), and get back out again after waiting approx. 10 minutes for the 1 second window on each cable card.

Maybe this does have something to do with SDV, even though only half of the channels that cause this condition to occur are supposed to switch to SDV.

I guess I don't use the channel up/down buttons to tune stations until this is resolved, as I don't want to accidentally trip this loop.

One problem resolved, another rears its ugly head.

Fortunately, I have another S3 with single stream cards that is working OK, but this is pretty frustrating.

Here's hoping Cox gets their act together soon. I love the Tivo platform, but after spending 6 weeks last year (and getting the BBB involved) just getting 4 good cable cards installed, constant gray-screen freezing of my S3 with multi-stream cards since November, my patience is VERY thin.

I realize that my technical issues are all with Cox-Phoenix and not with Tivo, but if I want a HD DVR solution that works, I'm not sure I can remain a Tivo subscriber, since Tivo HD devices only work with cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlbach View Post
My two cents.....

I have a Cox m-card in the TIVO HD unit the Phoenix area (Peoria). I started getting the dreaded "Firmware Upgrade" screen last Wednesday/Thursday. I called Cox service and they tried to hit the card a few times but no change. They decided to roll a truck for Saturday. Woke up Saturday AM and the TIVo was working fine so I called and cancelled the service call. Saturday afternoon, guess what? The dreaded "Firmware Upgrade" screen again. I called Cox and got back in line for service. The guy shows up yesterday (Monday) and of course the thing is working just fine again. He seemed a bit perturbed, but I told him I knew the minute I cancelled the call it would stop working. He did say that they are having all kinds of problems with the cable cards and it's keeping them hopping. I know two people I work with are having the exact same problem. He said if you're just patient with the upgrade, eventually it will take. Well here we are on Tuesday PM and things are still working OK so far. Dare I say we're out of the woods?

Last edited by colflagg : 07-02-2008 at 12:15 PM.
colflagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #1395
mstrassel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrassel View Post
This is the 4th time I have had to have (Phoenix) Cox come out and replace my Scientific Atlanta Cablecard. Every few weeks I suddenly don't get half the channels they are just black. Sometimes I can just reset the Tivo and they come back....but Thursday was the 4th time it would not come back and they have to send a tech out. It started getting a firmware update and when the tech arrived today,Sunday it was still trying. They tried another card....same thing.....and this 4th round I can't watch anything. They actually left saying the supervisor says just wait for the update to finish and it will be fine.....I said I have been waiting for that for 4 days!!!! I called Tivo because they said well maybe you don't have the latest Tivo Software? They confirmed I do....and so begins the never ending saga...Cox blames Tivo, Tivo blames dumb Cox technicians, they both blame Atlanta Scientific for making a lousy card. NOBODY accepts responsibility and NOBODY has an answer on how to fix this. The cable guy came back 30 minutes later and says you know we found this "level" is too high now since we did this system wide firmware and so we dont think cablecards will work until this level is fixed....and since this is a systemwide change they will not be able to fix the level for at least 10 days!!!!! So I will not have cable TV now for at least 2 weeks. I see all sides of this but the bottom line is I have never felt so screwed and mistreated.....on all sides.....They said Tivo works with all cable providers and all cable providers are required to support your Tivo....well it's not happening and I am at the point telling them both what they can do with their service, customer or otherwise. If anyone has a magic answer I would love to hear it otherwise I think I am headed to Barnes and Noble to join a book club.
This is still an ongoing issue for my TivoHD. Today I called Tivo again and after 15 minutes on hold with a tech they said it was a hardware failure and I needed to pay $50 for an exchange on a TivoHD I got in Janurary that has had the problem with missing premium channels since Februrary. Cox has already had to swap the CC out 3 times prior to this firmware issue. I have another service call with Cox tomorrow and suppposedly a "supervisor" will be coming this time, not that it matters they will simply do what every other Cox tech does.....swap the card and pray.
mstrassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 PM   #1396
jebbbz

FWIW, I checked channel 61 (QVC) and it, like 199 (TCM), causes me the 10 minute firmware upgrade problem. I only have about half the available channels set to show in my Guide so I imagine there are others that would cause the problem, too, if I tuned to them manually.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #1397
TiVoJerry
TiVo Field Trials PM

For those of you who have rec'd the updated firmware and have experienced grey channels again, please send me a PM ASAP with your TSN so I can enable logging. Unfortunately I will be Out of the Office for several days, so I'd like to get this going personally while I have the chance before trying to get someone else involved in trying to contact people individually.
Thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoJerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #1398
Rolow

I don't have the gray screen. I am losing channels though. Every thing will be fine then the screen will go black. The recording will stop and I'll get an error message I did not take note of the message yet. Then I'll get kicked to tivo central I can go right back to live tv switch the channels a few times and every thing will be normal. Except I have to re-start recordings manual so if I'm not home I'm screwed. I've missed about 10 recordings because of this problem.
Rolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #1399
yroca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolow View Post
I don't have the gray screen. I am losing channels though. Every thing will be fine then the screen will go black. The recording will stop and I'll get an error message I did not take note of the message yet. Then I'll get kicked to tivo central I can go right back to live tv switch the channels a few times and every thing will be normal. Except I have to re-start recordings manual so if I'm not home I'm screwed. I've missed about 10 recordings because of this problem.
Rolow - I think black/grey screen is the same issue - just depends on TV/TiVo settings as to what background color it shows. I am here in Phoenix and am seeing dropped channels yesterday like crazy - at least 5 or 6 times in a short period of time. I just let it sit on the black screen and a minute or so later the channel would resume. Very annoying though. I attributed it to possible changes Cox in Phoenix might be doing to prepare for SVD and for a couple new HD channels being pushed out in the next 2 weeks.
yroca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #1400
p_harper

Quote:
I realize you are joking a bit but do you have a Series 3 or HD already and is it functioning with digital cable and cablecards? I am curious whether it is all or most Cox TiVo users having the problem or only a few. If the latter, where in Phoenix metro? I count about a half dozen Phoenix people with firmware upgrade problems, I am at 35th and Bell and have a milder version of the firmware problem -- as I noted above I only have problems if I tune to Cox channel 199 and after about five minutes my TiVo becomes usable again although I avoid channel 199 or I have the problem again.

If p_harper sees this, please post if your scheduled Tuesday truck roll fixes the problem. Some people have a more serious problem where their cabl cards never update even after days and even after cable card replacements.

The visit on Tuesday morning didn't resolve much. I was able to demonstrate to the tech that tuning to channel 199 would cause the update loop for my M-Card. He replaced it with another M-Card and it had the same problem. Interestingly, the diagnostics screen showed that the new card had 0301 withing a couple of minutes after it was inserted. So if it did get the update it went pretty quickly.

He didn't have any S-Cards and he's scheduled another trip a week from Saturday to get me one. Even if it works that's not a solution for everyone.

I'm at 7th Ave and Greenway, so not that far from jebbbz, and my symptoms are that same as he's described. Works fine if I stay away from 199. I am not getting grey screen problems, etc. Ironically, I did lose my encrypted channels on the M-card on Monday, so that problem isn't fixed for me.

I spent some time with the tech and on the phone trying to push the idea that there is a problem with the update and channel 199 but I don't know how far that will go. I get the impression that the information is not being passed very far up the chain.
p_harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #1401
mstrassel

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_harper View Post
The visit on Tuesday morning didn't resolve much. I was able to demonstrate to the tech that tuning to channel 199 would cause the update loop for my M-Card. He replaced it with another M-Card and it had the same problem. Interestingly, the diagnostics screen showed that the new card had 0301 withing a couple of minutes after it was inserted. So if it did get the update it went pretty quickly.

He didn't have any S-Cards and he's scheduled another trip a week from Saturday to get me one. Even if it works that's not a solution for everyone.

I'm at 7th Ave and Greenway, so not that far from jebbbz, and my symptoms are that same as he's described. Works fine if I stay away from 199. I am not getting grey screen problems, etc. Ironically, I did lose my encrypted channels on the M-card on Monday, so that problem isn't fixed for me.

I spent some time with the tech and on the phone trying to push the idea that there is a problem with the update and channel 199 but I don't know how far that will go. I get the impression that the information is not being passed very far up the chain.

I have had 2 techs in the last week call around looking for S-Cards and they were told there aren't any in the entire valley, they are gone and not getting any more.....Just letting you know what I heard "on the street" If you ever get one let me know.
mstrassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #1402
yroca

Quote:
I also noticed that my SubExpTime had changed witjout my having to call Cox and tell them I was still a subscriber. My old date was July 9 but today I checked and it had been set to July 30. I'll have to wait until then to see if it updates at the end of the month.
I also was having to call Cox every 30 days because of the SubExpireTime issue. My SubExpireTime was July 7, 2008, but I just checked today and it has updated to August 1, 2008. Yippeee! This will be the first time in 6 months that I won't have to call in!
yroca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #1403
nemein

I'm still trying to digest all the info in this thread so apologies if these questions have been answered already...

I just got an HD Tivo over the weekend and had Cox (NOVA) swap out my DVR for the cable card. The original installer went through 2 of them, I had a second installer out this evening to try a 3rd and I'm still having a problem. Nothing that is associated w/ the "digital tier" works (HD or non-HD). Is the problem I'm having what everyone is experiencing, I'm seeing something else about a firmware loop but it's kind of hard to tell if it's NOVA or Phoenix people who are having that problem. If I'm reading the thread right this is a problem w/ the Mcards Cox is using. So is it all the Mcards or are some working and some aren't? Do people think it's just a matter of time before this issue is worked out or has this been an ongoing issue (or part of a series of issues) that Cox has had w/ the Tivo? Are people that have two Scards, as opposed to the Mcard, having these same problems? Is it even possible to get Scards anymore (although I guess that's really a question for Cox )?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep this or send it back and cancel the subscription (have about 25 days now to figure it out )

Thanks

EDIT: I did check the firmware and I'm on the 301.

BTW (and this might not be the right thread) does anyone know if Verizon FIOS is having the same sorts of problems? I'm not dead set on Cox, esp if it doesn't give me everything I'm paying for...
nemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #1404
nightdesigns

I'm hopping into this thread late, but I am too having issues in the Phoenix area (Surprise). I'll check some of the other items people have checked earlier in this thread.

I wanted to add my issue. The tivo will be recording and then just stop. Sometimes it'll throw an error (sorry, can't remember the exact, maybe a 161-something). I believe it started happening yesterday. Right now all I'm getting is partial errors. Channel changing on HD is slow to acquire and tune.

I'm running a HD with an external drive attached. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I do have a M-series card that worked for the most part correctly until yesterday. Cox does have truck roll scheduled for monday.
nightdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #1405
craigo
Broncos Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemein View Post
Are people that have two Scards, as opposed to the Mcard, having these same problems? Is it even possible to get Scards anymore (although I guess that's really a question for Cox )?
I have an S3 with two Scards and have absolutely no issues. A while ago I swapped them out for the Mcards and had the same issues as everybody else. I went back to the Scards a few months ago and everything is running great.

Regarding the availability of Scards. Not sure where you are located. I would call Cox to find out. People here in Phoenix are saying Cox is out of Scards.
craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #1406
Shawn95GT
Tivo, in HD!

If you have the choice between Cox of FIOS I can't think of a single reason to go with Cox -lol. Is it significantly cheaper?

This is coming from a happy Cox customer.
1x S3 Tivo WD10EVVS 1TB upgrade
1x Tivo Premier - WD20EURS 2TB upgrade in the works
Shawn95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #1407
jebbbz

So far, it sounds like you have "ordinary" cable card problems -- many of the damn things simply do not work. It isn't unheard of to go through as many as half a dozen, though I never had a cable card installation take more than two. The original problems we Phoenix people are currently discussing arise some time after a good card installation, days, sometimes weeks later. We would lose the ability to watch encrypted channels. Rebroadcasts of local channels was, if I recall correctly, never affected. Reboots and some other tricks would "fix" the problem temporarily (at least usually as some people had to get new cable cards).

As far as I know it is only Cox in Phoenix that has been having these special problems. The 0301 firmware was supposed to solve these special problems and for me, at least, seems to have done so except that tuning to certain channels causes my TiVo to go crazy for five or ten minutes and act as if it needs to redo the firmware upgrade. Other people seem to be stuck in an endless firmware upgrade loop. There is no way to tell if their original problems have been fixed since the firmware upgrade loop prevents them from using their TiVos at all. A few other people here in Phoenix report the "mild" problem I have but quite a few others seem to suffer the more serious problem.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #1408
hddude55

Quote:
... The 0301 firmware was supposed to solve these special problems and for me, at least, seems to have done so except that tuning to certain channels causes my TiVo to go crazy for five or ten minutes and act as if it needs to redo the firmware upgrade. Other people seem to be stuck in an endless firmware upgrade loop. There is no way to tell if their original problems have been fixed since the firmware upgrade loop prevents them from using their TiVos at all. A few other people here in Phoenix report the "mild" problem I have but quite a few others seem to suffer the more serious problem.
Huh, doesn't the East Valley count in the Phoenix market? I think I pretty clearly reported here that the old losing channels problem cropped up on my series3 yesterday -- on both cards and both were upgraded to 0301 last Thursday. I do wonder if the alleged sdv roll-out yesterday may have caused some conflict with the missing channels "fix." So far, so good today.

...Oh sh.. I just checked and 733 ESPN is gonzo but oddly enough it came back for a few seconds before disappearing again and that never happened with the original missing channels issue...and now a few minutes later everything seems to be back!! Cripes, this is insane. I think at least one other person reported the same thing. The missing channels problem seems to be back, but seems to "self-heal" after some period of time without a reboot -- and both cards in my series3 are affected.

Last edited by hddude55 : 07-02-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #1409
jebbbz

Quote:
Huh, doesn't the East Valley count in the Phoenix market? I think I pretty clearly reported here that the old losing channels problem cropped up on my series3 yesterday -- on both cards and both were upgraded to 0301 last Thursday. I do wonder if the alleged sdv roll-out yesterday may have caused some conflict with the missing channels "fix." So far, so good today.
Sure, East Valley counts. As I said, for me, at least, the loss of channels problems seems fixed by 0301 and I am guessing the upgrade fixed the old problem for some others, too. Just not for everybody.

Quote:
...Oh sh.. I just checked and 733 ESPN is gonzo but oddly enough it came back for a few seconds before disappearing again and that never happened with the original missing channels issue...and now a few minutes later everything seems to be back!! Cripes, this is insane. I think at least one other person reported the same thing. The missing channels problem seems to be back, but seems to "self-heal" after some period of time without a reboot -- and both cards in my series3 are affected.
Yes, I noticed the self-healing effect back in April after the TiVo software upgrade (9.3a? Something like that.) You seem to suffer an extraordinarily severe case of loss of channels, one that the self-healing can barely cope with for even a short time. On the other hand, if I remember all your posts correctly, you don't suffer from the channel 199/firmware upgrade problem, much less the endless firmware upgrade loop.

Over of the AVS Forums I got a message from an Ahwatukee resident who says he has no problems with channel 199. In fact, he didn't mention any problems at all. I asked him to check if he has the 0301 upgrade. Someone with more hsitorical knowledge of cable TV in Phoenix might know what service areas Cox bought up and which ones they built into. If the cable company equipment differs by town/city/neighborhood some people may have no problems while others have tons.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:18 AM   #1410
Roderigo

Quote:

I think you're seeing some other problem... From what everone's described, this doesn't sound anything like a cablecard issue, but just a pure signal quality issue.
Roderigo is offline   Reply With Quote