I have a Cox HDDVR, had it for 3 months, before that went with OTA bunny ears for 9 months. Prior to that I had an employee sub to DirecTV. I don't watch a lot of HDTV, and when I do i pipe it through my 24" Dell LCD monitor (2405FPW) if I want the uber picture. Still looks damn good on my normal TV tho...
I am itching for a TiVo again. I used to have a modded (and upgraded HDD) DirecTiVo but face the wrong way to bring it to my apartment (facing north, no realistic way to get a dish for this particular apartment...), so it is being used as a regular receiver (
) at my parent's place.
I'm paying Cox 10/mo for their HDDVR, which is starting to reboot itself on occasion. The last one did this before just going out one day and I had to swap it. If it comes to that, I'm just going to go back to a normal digital box, and get a TiVo. It would cost a little more, but would get so much more service and satisfaction using it so not too worried about that.
My question is... given the above babble should I hold out for a Series 3 which I might not even be able to immedieately afford when it ships, or just bite the bullet and get back to enjoying the TiVo I know and love and get a series 2 DT box?
Any replies are appreciated. I've been browsing the forum more and more lately as I've thought about doing this... didn't realize how much I missed TiVo.