TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
caddyroger

Changing mpeg2 program stream file to tivo file

I want to change a mpeg program file to a tivo file using videoredo. I get this when I try to save it "Tivo is only supported when the source file is also a tivo file'. How can get thisto save as a tivo file or can it be done?

Last edited by caddyroger : 07-26-2014 at 12:26 AM.
caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #2
tlp95129

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I want to change a mpeg program file to a tivo file using videoredo. I get this when I try to save it "Tivo is only supported when the source file is also a tivo file'. How can get thisto save as a tivo file or can it be done?
I don't know of any tools to create a .tivo file. Unless you have a specific need for an actual .tivo file, an Mpeg2 file should function just as well. In addition to encryption, I think the .tivo file supports storing the descriptive info that shows up on screen.
tlp95129 is offline   Reply With Quote