TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-16-2006, 01:58 PM   #31
yunlin12
Tivonation Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MighTiVo
Now add even more feature like grouping season passes and shutting them down out of season without having to delete them, ....

This sounds like a job for the Gurus. Are they up to the task?
Tivo S3 750GB (decommissioned)
Tivo HD 750GB (adopted by parents)
Tivo Premiere
Tivo Premiere XL
yunlin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #32
Leon WIlkinson
TiVo Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoPony
Wow, that didn't take long.

No 'Twilight Zone', just a bit of TiVo Magic.

Both Guru Guides and the new KidZone Guides feature in KidZone require that you modify your account settings to allow the service to have access to what is scheduled on your DVR (that's how we can resolve conflicts, place priority, etc automatically with the new Guides).

If you replace the hard drive on your box...well, the service sees that things are out of sync and automagically fixes that. All of the missing Season Passes, Wishlists, and Guru/KidZone Guides are automatically repopulated.

It's not a documented feature, nor a supported feature. So don't call Customer Support about it. They won't be able to help you. It's just a side benefit of having signed up for the new Guru/KidZone Guide Features.

Note that it's all tied to your TSN...so if you RMA a box, this likely won't have any benefit for you (the replacement would have a different TSN).

But if you're the adventurous type that likes to tinker with things (and I can't endorse opening the box)...it's a perk.

Selling your box? If you Clear and Delete Everything the TiVo Service will know it shouldn't sync the old stuff to the new drive.

Enjoy!

Pony

I did Clear And Delete after a Instant Cake upgrade. Would that cause the SP not show up? I'm running 7.3 and did another download.

I was going to redo my ID's in the HME however those was there even with 7.2
Leon WIlkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:45 AM   #33
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MighTiVo

Imagine the ability to view and edit a full list of your season passes, reorder in bulk with no waiting, change KUID, # to save, first run only, en masse.

Now add even more feature like grouping season passes and shutting them down out of season without having to delete them, moving a season pass from one box to another.

It can be done, it doesn't have to be complicated, and it would be AWESOME!.
Oh I'm drooling! I would so be in heaven if we had the ability to do this. I'm so confused between my 2 S2 TiVos and my MCE setup... There are so many season pass duplicates and triplicates and no easy way to clean them up without running all over the hosue with a pad of paper and a list written of what's on what...

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #34
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Not to drag out an old thread, but, does the TiVoMagic keep thumb data and all? Just want to confirm?

This makes the possibility of doing an internal upgrade to our HD almost as likely as just popping on a My DVR Expander.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
Schmye Bubbula

I just visited my account at TiVo.com, and I can't find where I signed-up for Guru/KidZone Guide features. I vaguely remember doing so years ago, and my TiVo's System Information page says, Opt Status: Optedin (is that it?), but I just wanted to check.

Does KidZone actually have to be turned-on for my Season Passes to get backed-up online to the mother ship? Or is just being signed-up for it enough?
Schmye Bubbula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #36
Larry in TN

Are the season passes restored right away (1 or 2 calls?) or does it take some time before they filter back?

Thanks...
Larry in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
daveak
Series 3 Novice

You must subscribe to at least one Guru guide for the unadvertised feature to 'work', I do not think you actually have to have the KidZone feature turned on. I do not know if it will start repopulating the data if you force a couple of calls, but it will begin to appear within a day. Just put in your new drive and be patient (assuming you are using a Guru guide). Then enjoy.

If I misstated, I will be corrected by one of the fine TCF or TiVo folks.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #38
Schmye Bubbula

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveak View Post
You must subscribe to at least one Guru guide for the unadvertised feature to 'work',...
Would it suffice to subscribe to one category, but go into Customize and uncheck all its shows, yet still get the stealth backups?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #39
daveak
Series 3 Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmye Bubbula View Post
Would it suffice to subscribe to one category, but go into Customize and uncheck all its shows, yet still get the stealth backups?
I don't know. Maybe check 1-2 shows just to be safe?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 PM   #40
Schmye Bubbula

I just wish that the powers-that-be at TiVo would just go ahead and make backups to the mother ship an official, explicit feature, automatic for everybody! I mean, backing up one's computer is standard best practices. Why doesn't TiVo just do it, anyways? The programming is already coded; just pull the trigger!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #41
Larry in TN

I must have done something wrong as it didn't work.

I signed up my Premiere for some Guru Guides a few days before I replaced the hard drive. After going through guided setup and a service upgrade, I forced a number of connections but had no luck. When I logged into my account it no longer showed any Guru Guides for the Premiere and the season passes never returned.

Any idea what I might have missed?
Larry in TN is offline   Reply With Quote