TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Forum Extras > DVD TiVo Units (Archive)
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
crosley123

Exclamation Pause 57 - stuck in loop? Help!

Based on some recommendations here after my Toshiba DVD/TiVo stopped working, I did the "Pause 57" boot. Seemed to work fine - got the green screen of defrag or whatever it is doing.

Problem is it only stays on the green screen for less than one minute and then it tries to reboot. Then back to green screen. Then reboot. Never stops. Let it run for 10 hours overnight and it is still doing it. Finally unplugged it.

Any suggestions? I know there are other codes out there to reinstall, etc. but I do not want to lose my programs or make the issue worse.

Heeeeeeeeeeeelp!
crosley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
funtoupgrade

Sounds like drive is either bad or going bad, and if that is the case then it may be too late to save your recordings or season passes. If I were you I would buy either a blank or pre-imaged replacement hard drive (depending on your level ease with doing it yourself per instructions in stickies at top of upgrade forum). If you bought a pre-imaged drive you could just pop it in and see if it works. If so, then you will have to decide whether it is worth the trouble and/or expense to try and recover stuff from the old drive. Without knowing what you intend to do about the problem it is hard to give specific advise.

TiVo Series3 648 with 1TB Seagate
Humax DRT800 with 650GB Seagate
Old 06-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
crosley123

What I would like to do is save the drive I have.

It seems other people have had success with the 'Pause 57' advice. Didn't seem to work for me as the Green screen never stayed on for more than one minute.

Any other codes out there I could try?
crosley123 is offline   Reply With Quote