TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
F8ster
The Very Last One

Announcing: Stock Viewer for TiVo

This application will allow you to enter stock lists and view details about stocks, mutual funds, and market indices. It's been under development by the entire bitrazor.com development staff (me) for about two months, and I think it's about ready to leave the nest.

See the screenshots and user guide for more information on what it looks like and how it works.

I am looking for a few brave souls to beta-test it for me. The Mac/UNIX deployment hasn't been tested at all, so I expect a few problems there. I have fixed all the defects I know of in the app itself. The Windows version has a simple installer and runs as a Windows service on XP SP2.

If you're interested in beta testing it (and are willing to take the time to report bugs back to me and send me logs), please send me e-mail at admin22@bitrazor.com or PM me here and I'll happily send you the login and password for the install page. I'll probably take the first 15-20 or so respondents.

Last edited by F8ster : 05-12-2006 at 10:57 PM.
F8ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #2
F8ster
The Very Last One

I think I'll go ahead and release it. The install directory is now open to the public:

http://bitrazor.com/stock/install/index.php

I'd prefer any bug reports via e-mail instead of posted, but either way is OK. (online2@bitrazor.com)
Old 05-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
elrothir

Source

Hi. This app looks really great. I'm going to give it a try tonight. Give your staff the day off!

Is the source included in the install? If not, any chance of sharing the source? I'd be interested to see how you're receiving the quote information and incorporating that into the screens.

Good work!
elrothir
Tivo Series2 DT(180 hours)
elrothir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
F8ster
The Very Last One

Thanks. I haven't posted the source yet but I'll PM you a link.