TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #121
dcahoe
TiVoPlayList Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamD View Post
Can anybody explain how to install TivoPlayList version 0.61? Every time I run setup it wants me to allow to write some system files and to reboot. I do reboot and try to run setup again and get the same message. Looks as infinite loop of rebooting.
How you guys manage to install? I tried on XP Home and on XP Pro, no way to complete install.
Sorry about your problems SamD. Have you updated to IE7 or are you still running IE6? If you have not updated to IE7, doing so may get you what you need.

Also, check out this post by mswells,
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...00#post6687000

I have never tried doing this, but it may work for you.
dcahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #122
greg_burns
Now in HD

What happens if you install the VB6 runtime first?

Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0: Run-Time Redistribution Pack (vbrun60sp6.exe)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
greg_burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:37 PM   #123
SamD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcahoe View Post

Also, check out this post by mswells,
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...00#post6687000

I have never tried doing this, but it may work for you.

Thanks! mswells' advice really helped.
I had older wininet.dll and after modification of version number in setup.lst software installed in a second.
SamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #124
Billyh1026
Randal Graves

First let me say thanks for writing this app. I snagged it, installed it, kicked it off, did the userid/password thing and everything works fine when I'm viewing whatever is recorded. But I'm having a problem whenever I try to download a recording to my PC. Like a few others, I get the "Web Browser Authorization failed." when trying to download. It doesn't matter whether I use Firefox or IE 7. I have the same problem when I going to http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/nowplaying/index.html I never get asked for a user ID or password in either browser. Browsing to http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/index.html is fine. I get the message:

Congratulations!
You’ve successfully connected your TiVo® box to your home network, enabling a number of exciting new Home Media features:

It's just that when browsing to the now playing/index.html file I get a resource not found or page cannot be displayed error.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Forgot to add that my OS is XP if that matters.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:05 PM   #125
morac
Cat God

You need to go to https://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/nowplaying/index.html, not http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/nowplaying/index.html

Also note that the SSL certificate that the TiVo returns isn't valid so IE7 and Firefox 3 will reject it by default. You need to add an exception.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:40 PM   #126
Billyh1026
Randal Graves

Ahhhhhhhh...I deal with secured sites every day at work. I've zero idea how I missed that. Go figure...

Thanks for the help morac.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #127
japaget

Note New Version 0.64 is out.

A new version is out. It adds automatic downloading of programs from your TiVo(s), but initially I had some problems with it:
  1. The automatic installer didn't work for me. The installer complained about shlwapi.dll and wininet.dll, so I am guessing that perhaps the installer requires Windows Media Player 11 and/or Internet Explorer 7. I had to manually extract the files from the .cab file within the .zip file and copy the newer ones to my C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 and C:\Program Files\TiVoPlayList folders. (Needless to say, I backed up the older versions first. I kept my versions of shlwapi.dll and wininet.dll, updating only msvbvm60.dll and TiVoPlayList.exe)
  2. It ran more slowly at first. Apparently it was caching files. After a little while, it was done caching and now runs about 2% faster than the previous version.
I had initially decided to revert to the previous 0.61 version, but now I am sticking with Version 0.64.

Last edited by japaget : 11-02-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Corrected my initially negative impression of update.
japaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #128
ciper

I have a recording that is listed with a quality of ".92 (???)" yet its nothing special at 55 minutes with 1gb of space. Any idea why?

Would it be possible to have an option to not include suggestions in the calculation of total used disk space?

Is there any way to make the application faster? It literally takes 60 seconds to refresh the list. Both my computer and the Tivo are hardwired.
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #129
dcahoe
TiVoPlayList Author

This happens because the TiVo is not reporting a quality level. If you go to the Now Playing List on your TiVo and select that show and press Info for more details you will see that even the TiVo does not report the quality of the recording. It has been reported that the Series 3 and HD models are not reporting the quality for many shows that are not in HD, so they can get quite a few ??? Unknown Quality entries.

There is a setting you can add to the TiVoPlayList.ini file in the [Setup] section add the following line:

AlwaysEstimateQuality=1

Yeah, just turn off suggestions. Sorry, seriously though, suggestions are totaled under both folder view and graph view, it is easy to see how much space they are using and mentally discount it.

Sorry, the TiVo is just slow serving up data. I can see where 400+ recordings would take a while to retrieve.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #130
ciper

Quote:
This happens because the TiVo is not reporting a quality level. If you go to the Now Playing List on your TiVo and select that show and press Info for more details you will see that even the TiVo does not report the quality of the recording. It has been reported that the Series 3 and HD models are not reporting the quality for many shows that are not in HD, so they can get quite a few ??? Unknown Quality entries.
I don't think any digital recordings would report a quality setting. I checked the info on an a digital SD and HD recording and neither had a quality field. I then found that a good portion of recordings in 1080 or 720 that weren't noted as HD in the info but still show HD in the TivoPlayList application. How are you determining the quality for the HD recordings? It even showed HD for a movie that I copied from my computer using PyTivo.

Quote:
There is a setting you can add to the TiVoPlayList.ini file in the [Setup] section add the following line:
Great! I'll try that setting

Quote:
Yeah, just turn off suggestions. Sorry, seriously though, suggestions are totaled under both folder view and graph view, it is easy to see how much space they are using and mentally discount it.
I had not tried the graph view, that works.

Quote:
Sorry, the TiVo is just slow serving up data. I can see where 400+ recordings would take a while to retrieve.
Why can't you cache the data and pull the information in the background, updating lines as needed? You could dim or grey out lines that are cached and hadn't been updated yet.
ciper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 AM   #131
dcahoe
TiVoPlayList Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciper View Post
I then found that a good portion of recordings in 1080 or 720 that weren't noted as HD in the info but still show HD in the TivoPlayList application. How are you determining the quality for the HD recordings?
TiVoPlayList only reports a show as HD quality if the TiVo gives that status in the information it serves up.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #132
mazman

Is it possible to list deleted shows in a TivoPlayList folder?
mazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #133
Enrique

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazman View Post
Is it possible to list deleted shows in a TivoPlayList folder?
No, there's no current way of deleted shows from a computer for a non-hacked SA Tivo.
Enrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 AM   #134
sender_name
XM 202!

I know this seems silly, but what are people entering for drive size with a 1TB drive..with the amount of space that tivo reserves, and of course the actual size of a formatted drive being in the 930gb range...I am getting a calculated size of 819GB based upon the fact that my tivo is "Full"...and deleting programs from the drive as it records...
Does anyone else have a formula or know the actual usable size of a 1 TB drive...
BTW loving the new build...
sender_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #135
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender_name View Post
I know this seems silly, but what are people entering for drive size with a 1TB drive...
I start by NOT entering a number and I let TivoPlayList do the calculation.
With a completely full drive (nothing in Recently Deleted), I'm showing ~ 906 GB.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #136
sender_name
XM 202!

Thanks, I'll try that and see what it looks like...It's hard to tell how full the drive really is....I'm still finishing up shows from last season...Gotta love 1TB of drive space..It turns into a race to finish up before the premiere this season.
sender_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #137
TiVoEvan74

Anything similar for the Mac?
TiVoEvan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #138
amatheu

ok the Play List only show in my HDD capacity 40.2 GB and I think he is 250 GB, why the play list only see 40 GB?
thanks
amatheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #139
bkdtv

TiVoPlaylist and kmttg don't know your capacity (unless you specify it within the program). They can only tell much of the space is currently used. In your case, it sounds like 40GB of your 220-230GB is used.
bkdtv is offline   Reply With Quote