I have finally got around to looking into getting high definition service for my new lcd tv that I got for christmas. I am using a standalone tivo and was looking at comcast's hd service. I have a couple of questions.
1. I have comcast's analog basic service. Do I have to upgrade to digital to get their hd service?
2. Are there any hidden fees on top of the $5.00/month for hd (equip rental, etc)
3. Do I get all of the hd channels (except the premiums) that they promise on the site?
4. What is the hd quality like?
5. I can get to a comcast store to get the equipment myself. Can I install it myself (the hd service)?
6. I want to record the hd from comcast. How is their hd dvr for that? I will still keep my tivo.
7. Are there any hidden fees in the hd dvr?
8. Can I really get hd with an hd dvr from comcast for only $10.00 more a month?