TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series 1 - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
d33mb33

New TivoWeb Module : Highlights

Summary
This module displays recommendations for the next week. Recommendations are matched to the corresponding showing in the TiVo guide data and a link is provided so it is easy to record the show.

The current version of the module allows you to preview and record:
- Radio Times TV recommendations
- Radio Times Radio recommendations
- DigiGuide TV recommendations
- Film recommendations

Searching the guide data can be a bit slow, so the module caches each request you make. Subsequent requests (of the same type and day) are pulled from the cache so they are faster.

Icons next to each showing display whether you plan to record the show or have a Season Pass. If you don't plan to record the show then the module indicates whether the slot is free or not. This information is not cached so is always up to date.

All Highlights can also be retrieved as RSS 2.0 feeds. To enable RSS you must enter the url of your TiVo on the options screen. (e.g. http://tivo or http://192.168.1.xxx). RSS feeds are selectable by day and by type and observe any filter you may have set on a page. If access to your TiVoWeb is through a username and password then your RSS reader must support basic authentication.

Please post all comments, bugs and suggestions to this thread. I am also happy to receive bug reports through PM to save cluttering the thread with individual problems. Please feel free to make any enhancements or changes to the module. However, if you would like your changes considered for inclusion in the primary source then you will need to PM me with your source or a diff file.

Known Issues
I decided to use fuzzyish logic to match the programme channel and time on the RadioTimes and DigiGuide websites to the corresponding TiVo channel. This means that the module may occasionally be unable to get a channel match. Generally, I will try and fix these problems as and when they appear.

Credits
Special thanks to Sanderton for the “Digiguide” module and LJ for the “Whats on” module which were both used as a reference for the initial release. Additional thanks to LJ for allowing this module to call his slotfree code. Other contributors who have kindly helped with bug fixing and enhancements are recognised in the version history below and at the top of the source.

Latest Version Info
# 1.21 18/12/11 mikerr - digiguide scraping code
# 1.22 20/12/11 mikerr - radiotimes scraping code
# 1.23 22/12/11 mikerr - fix for RT code sometimes showing episode title instead of series title
# - added search / wishlist links for unmatched programmes
# - wishlist creation needs LJ's wishlist module
# - tidied up the film module, repeated year (altepg)
Attached Images
File Type: gif HighlightsScreenshot.gif (68.4 KB, 328 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip highlights.zip (11.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by d33mb33 : 12-24-2011 at 10:13 AM.
d33mb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Tivo_noob

Any instructions how to install please, as it's the first hack i'll be installing so need as much help as i can get
Tivo_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
Fozzie

The same as every other Tivoweb module.

Put it in the Tivoweb modules directory (funnily enough) and restart Tivoweb
Fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
Raisltin Majere
The 96 YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo_noob
it's the first hack i'll be installing so need as much help as i can get
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie
The same as every other Tivoweb module.

Put it in the Tivoweb modules directory (funnily enough) and restart Tivoweb
Wow

Tivo_noob is this the first hack or the first tivoweb module? If it's the first module then,as Fozzie says, ftp it to your modules folder and then do a restart of tivoweb.

If it's you're first hack then you'll need to install tivoweb (I think it's tivo.lightn.org)and then install this module
Raisltin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
Raisltin Majere
The 96 YNWA

this is cool

Last edited by Raisltin Majere : 02-02-2006 at 07:00 PM. Reason: had an error, rebooted tivo and it's fine now
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
Tivo_noob

Thanks for the advise guys, i did everthing as described and clicked on highlights in tivoweb but got an error:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_showing '/2146939/89' ''
can't read "genrenums": no such variable
while executing
"lsearch $genrenums $genre"
("foreach" body line 2)
invoked from within
"foreach genre $genres {
set genreindex [lsearch $genrenums $genre]
if { $genreindex != -1 } {
if { $genrestr != "" } {
append ..."
("uplevel" body line 255)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
if { [regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $objectid junk fsid subobjid] } {
set showing [db $db openidconstruction $fsid $subobjid]
} els..."
(procedure "::action_showing" line 47)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Anyone got an idea what i've done wrong? It looks like a cool module though, thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #7
d33mb33

Try a "Full Restart" of TiVoWeb.

If it still fails then it is probably a tivoweb issue. A quick search of this forum reveals:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ight=genrenums

and

Old 02-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #8
martink0646

Brilliant, thankyou

Martin
martink0646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
mini__me

Love it

Great work fella
Old 02-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #10
cwaring
VM Tivo User

Not the best colour scheme ever, but it does work Well done!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
with the new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

cwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #11
Raisltin Majere
The 96 YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring
Not the best colour scheme ever, but it does work Well done!
Eh?

It uses the same color scheme as every other page on tivoweb?
Old 02-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #12
Tivo_noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33mb33
Try a "Full Restart" of TiVoWeb.

If it still fails then it is probably a tivoweb issue. A quick search of this forum reveals:

and

Hmmm this is a pain as i really want to get this module running. I've searched the forum and downloaded the JScript and 00ui.itcl files and installed them as per instructions but still get the same error

I don't want to hijack this thread but i would really appreciate a hand as the module looks to good to miss out on
Old 02-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
Retrometabolism

Brilliant module. I just loaded it and it works and its fantastically useful.

Only small fault I found was that the program pictures do not appear for days 5 to 7. I'm sure this can only be a small bug fix required.

More modules like this please.
Retrometabolism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #14
cwaring
VM Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisltin Majere
Eh? It uses the same color scheme as every other page on tivoweb?
Sorry. User is an idiot Was thinking of another module I also installed this week

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

Old 02-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
Raisltin Majere
The 96 YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring
Sorry. User is an idiot Was thinking of another module I also installed this week

'sokay mate. What wasthe one you where thinking of?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
6022tivo
A Happy Member

Really clever.

Thanks for your efforts, will use.

Media PC -> Xbox 360, DM800HD
Pioneer 505XDE (Still the best)
6022tivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
sanderton
TiVoer since 11/2000

Top stuff.

You know, what we really need is one of these collaborative systems like digg, but for TV shows, so we can spot things that are coming up. Suggstions don't really do it. With over a million PVR users now, there might even be a market for it!
sanderton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:14 PM   #18
Fozzie

Excellent module. Good work
Fozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:02 PM   #19
cwaring
VM Tivo User

Quote:
'sokay mate. What wasthe one you where thinking of?
This one that was also mentioned this week. Thing is, I can't find the thread now

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

Old 02-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #20
...coolstream

Quote:
Hmmm this is a pain as i really want to get this module running. I've searched the forum and downloaded the JScript and 00ui.itcl files and installed them as per instructions but still get the same error

I don't want to hijack this thread but i would really appreciate a hand as the module looks to good to miss out on
First of all, excellent module!
I too find that the pictures only show on the first few days, but then again, it's the info that is more important. So no big problem there!

To the author, I know that if you look at the available days selector, the day you are on is highlighted, but would it be possible for the day to be highlighted in a different color ( I am using blackbooks scheme so not really sure if other schemes show this module diffrently)

To Tivo_noob, you aren't hogging the thread at all. In fact, your questions and the answers that have been posted here have helped me solve a problem I have had ever since I reinstalled Tivoweb. i.e. I also got the error messages that you have received.

The reply with the link to the fix has helped me. Now perhaps I can help you too!
You say that you FTPd the two files to the Tivo. When I did this, the problem persisted, so I did another full restart of Tivoweb and now the errors are gone!

I hope this helps you, and once again thanks to the author and to all those here that are so keen to help others less versed with Linux and Tivo
...coolstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #21
Tivo_noob

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...coolstream
First of all, excellent module!
I too find that the pictures only show on the first few days, but then again, it's the info that is more important. So no big problem there!

To the author, I know that if you look at the available days selector, the day you are on is highlighted, but would it be possible for the day to be highlighted in a different color ( I am using blackbooks scheme so not really sure if other schemes show this module diffrently)

To Tivo_noob, you aren't hogging the thread at all. In fact, your questions and the answers that have been posted here have helped me solve a problem I have had ever since I reinstalled Tivoweb. i.e. I also got the error messages that you have received.

The reply with the link to the fix has helped me. Now perhaps I can help you too!
You say that you FTPd the two files to the Tivo. When I did this, the problem persisted, so I did another full restart of Tivoweb and now the errors are gone!

I hope this helps you, and once again thanks to the author and to all those here that are so keen to help others less versed with Linux and Tivo
Ha thats funny cos i've finally managed to sort it out myself, although it's taken me all night i enjoyed doing it! I removed all tivoweb (a daunting task for a newbie like myself) and reinstalled overwriting the ukgenre and ui.itcl then rebooted and installed themes (thanks ericd121), grid module (thanks cwingert) and this amazing highlights module, thanks d33mb33

Can anyone reccomend anymore that i may have missed?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #22
...coolstream

Quote:
Ha thats funny cos i've finally managed to sort it out myself, although it's taken me all night i enjoyed doing it! I removed all tivoweb (a daunting task for a newbie like myself) and reinstalled overwriting the ukgenre and ui.itcl then rebooted and installed themes (thanks ericd121), grid module (thanks cwingert) and this amazing highlights module, thanks d33mb33

LOL I only wish I had read this thread earlier then I might have been able to save you some learning time

One module I find makes things run smoother is the '30 seconds' module. Basically it reconfigures the 'jump flags' button to be a jump 30 seconds function. Up until a few days ago, I had entered the codes manually with the remote every time I rebooted the Tivo, but it seemed to be such a nuisance to have to do that because I find this 'upgrade' a very useful feature.

I read up on it in the forums and there appeared to be two ways of achieving the update but both seemed a little daunting, so I bit the bullet and experimented.

Basically, I created a directory /var/hack/scripts and FTPd the 30sec.tcl file to it.
I then used the startup editor module in Tivoweb and added this line to the bottom of the script
/var/hack/scripts/30sec.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Now when the Tivo reboots and has shown the animation and gone to the first menu page, it makes a few beeps (as if keys on the remote were being pressed) and the new key is configured! It's great for skipping ads etc.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #23
Tivo_noob

Quote:
LOL I only wish I had read this thread earlier then I might have been able to save you some learning time

One module I find makes things run smoother is the '30 seconds' module. Basically it reconfigures the 'jump flags' button to be a jump 30 seconds function. Up until a few days ago, I had entered the codes manually with the remote every time I rebooted the Tivo, but it seemed to be such a nuisance to have to do that because I find this 'upgrade' a very useful feature.

I read up on it in the forums and there appeared to be two ways of achieving the update but both seemed a little daunting, so I bit the bullet and experimented.

Basically, I created a directory /var/hack/scripts and FTPd the 30sec.tcl file to it.
I then used the startup editor module in Tivoweb and added this line to the bottom of the script
/var/hack/scripts/30sec.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1 &

Now when the Tivo reboots and has shown the animation and gone to the first menu page, it makes a few beeps (as if keys on the remote were being pressed) and the new key is configured! It's great for skipping ads etc.
Hmmm whats this start up editor, i haven't come across this yet?
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM   #24
...coolstream

Quote:
I'm almost sure it is an included module in Tivoweb (V1.9.4) because I can't find it in the backup folder of downloaded modules I have on the PC.

On the main page, it is listed as
'Startup Editor Edit the script which runs at boot time '
Old 02-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #25
Tivo_noob

Quote:
I'm almost sure it is an included module in Tivoweb (V1.9.4) because I can't find it in the backup folder of downloaded modules I have on the PC.

On the main page, it is listed as
'Startup Editor Edit the script which runs at boot time '
Nope, deffo not there
Old 02-04-2006, 02:49 AM   #26
Raisltin Majere
The 96 YNWA

Quote:

Quote:

Try here http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TiVoWeb%20Modules for Edit startup script (and more)
Old 02-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #27
d33mb33

Thank you all for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrometabolism
Only small fault I found was that the program pictures do not appear for days 5 to 7. I'm sure this can only be a small bug fix required.
RadioTimes don't make pictures available for all the shows, particularly shows later on in the week. The pictures are often added later, which is why today and tomorrow will usually have a full set.

Quote:
would it be possible for the day to be highlighted in a different color ( I am using blackbooks scheme so not really sure if other schemes show this module diffrently)
The highlighting works OK with most schemes. I haven't seen the blackbooks scheme before. I'll take a look and see what can be done.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:11 AM   #28
terryeden
TiVo, Tivum, Tiva,

That's the most useful module ever :-)

I'm about to start hacking this so it works with the radio highlights as well - do you have any objection?

T
-
terryeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #29
terryeden
TiVo, Tivum, Tiva,

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryeden
I'm about to start hacking this so it works with the radio highlights as well
Blimey - who knew TCL hacking was so easy!

Added another proc called getRadioShows. It's identical to getRTShows but uses
set request "/radiohighlights/"

then, in the entry point added

set radioshows [getRadioShows]

and

foreach rtshow $radioshows {...

And, Bob's your uncle. Radio listings as well as TV.

Thanks for a great module - hope this info is useful to other radio listeners.
-
terryeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:02 AM   #30
...coolstream

Quote:
Try here http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TiVoWeb%20Modules for Edit startup script (and more)
Thanks for the link. Backup now made just in case....