TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #931
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

I'm the least techy person on the planet, but I've been using Vuze problem free for over a year and all of the sudden today I can't get it to work. I search the torrents, find what I'm trying to DL, but when I click on "download" nothing happens. No new file opens, etc.

It looks like the stuff already in my library is seeding, etc.

Anyone else using Vuze and are you having trouble? Downton Abbey Christmas Special that aired earlier today in the UK is waiting for me.

edit to add: I have it downloading currently via uTorrent, but I'm not sure how to get it converted to the proper format and transferred to my TiVo using that. With Vuze it was a simple drag and drop thing....now I'm lost.

edit #2 - have no clue what I've done, but I think it got Vuze to work again. It still won't work by clicking "download", but I clicked on "open torrent" and then copied and pasted the "info hash" number from Pirate Bay into the box and it began to download. Hope I'm not getting ready to blow my computer up.

Last edited by Jstkiddn : 12-25-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #932
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
Anonymity question - I might get about 2-3 hours worth of material a month - what recommendations do you have for me to stay anonymous? TIA.
One option is to use a PAYGO seedbox provider like www.justseed.it You buy a block and it never expires , then you can FTP it to your comp whenever you want. I beta tested it about 6M ago and its great for the occasional downloader,
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:48 PM   #933
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Downton Abbey Christmas Special that aired earlier today in the UK is waiting for me.
Thank you for the reminder!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #934
rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
One option is to use a PAYGO seedbox provider like www.justseed.it You buy a block and it never expires , then you can FTP it to your comp whenever you want. I beta tested it about 6M ago and its great for the occasional downloader,
Trying that now with a 19 cent block of 20gb. Man, the site and process are very difficult to figure out.....
rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:39 PM   #935
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler View Post
Trying that now with a 19 cent block of 20gb. Man, the site and process are very difficult to figure out.....
If you are new to torrents and/or seedbox, yes there is a learning curve. Feel free to PM any questions.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #936
gweempose

Does a seedbox give you 100% anonymity? I used to download a lot of TV shows via BitTorrent. Within the past year, I received a couple DMCA notices that scared me, so I stopped. I generally try to access shows by legal means, but sometimes torrents come in handy. For example, I often forget to record something when it first airs. If it's not on Hulu, VOD, or some other legit streaming service, BitTorrent is the only easy way to get the show.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #937
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Does a seedbox give you 100% anonymity? I used to download a lot of TV shows via BitTorrent. Within the past year, I received a couple DMCA notices that scared me, so I stopped. I generally try to access shows by legal means, but sometimes torrents come in handy. For example, I often forget to record something when it first airs. If it's not on Hulu, VOD, or some other legit streaming service, BitTorrent is the only easy way to get the show.
You really need to pair a seedbox with private torrent trackers as most seedboxes don't allow you to use public torrents. In that situation you are usually pretty safe as most, if not all, copyright patrolling is done on public trackers.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #938
Ment

Quote:
What happens is a DMCA notice gets sent to the seedbox provider. Then they notify you to take down the torrent/file. Thats the end of it. As previously noted, many seedbox providers do not allow public torrents as they are most susceptible to DMCA notices and thus more administrative headaches for seedbox staff as after the takedown they have to notify whoever generated the DMCA notice that the file has been removed.

Some people use a VPN to access the seedbox and pay by Bitcoin to further anonymize themselves but I don't find that necessary.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #939
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post

You really need to pair a seedbox with private torrent trackers as most seedboxes don't allow you to use public torrents. In that situation you are usually pretty safe as most, if not all, copyright patrolling is done on public trackers.
So what seedbox / private torrent tracker combination do you recommend?
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #940
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Thank you for the reminder!
It was most excellent!!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #941
kcarl75

Has anyone seen the new Netflix series "Turbo: Fast" on the interwebs yet? (Usenet or torrent?)
Old 12-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #942
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarl75 View Post
Has anyone seen the new Netflix series "Turbo: Fast" on the interwebs yet? (Usenet or torrent?)
yes the 5 EPs were released this morning. Use a private tracker that allows webrips or it will show up in public torrent sites shortly.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #943
kcarl75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
yes the 5 EPs were released this morning. Use a private tracker that allows webrips or it will show up in public torrent sites shortly.
Awesome, thanks!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #944
Azlen

Quote:
So what seedbox / private torrent tracker combination do you recommend?
I use seedboxes.cc and have been very happy with them but there are a lot of other good ones out there as well.
As for private trackers, the good ones are harder to get onto as they are invite only. But once you get into one and build up a good ratio then other ones are easier to get to. A few of them have open signups at times. I started with them simply by searching for open trackers in google. The top ones to try to get into eventually are probably BTN for TV and PTP for Movies. There are also quite a few general trackers that basically have all the scene releases and the odds and ends that other people may upload.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #945
2004raptor

anyone use free proxys? I've been using Torguard for a few months with no issues but was thinking of trying free ones.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #946
Ment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
anyone use free proxys? I've been using Torguard for a few months with no issues but was thinking of trying free ones.
I would think there'd be a performance hit and maybe port restricted. Browsing on some of those proxies are way slow. If there are free proxies that are unencumbered you can be sure it won't stay that way for long once word gets out.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #947
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

How long does it take for a popular show to find its way to the torrents after it airs? Minutes? Hours? A day?

I'm specifically wondering about the Sherlock series 3 finale that airs in the UK tonight. When should I start searching?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:01 AM   #948
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Sometimes it's up even before it airs! Otherwise a day is generally safe.

It's not on TVTorrents yet.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:05 AM   #949
The Spud
Nick Danger, 3rd Eye

Quote:
How long does it take for a popular show to find its way to the torrents after it airs? Minutes? Hours? A day?

I'm specifically wondering about the Sherlock series 3 finale that airs in the UK tonight. When should I start searching?
I use Usenet more than Torrents, but stuff on Usenet often shows up within hours, although it may take longer for the specific quality you're looking for. For example, I download the WEB-DL version of Elementary (speaking of Sherlock Holmes), which airs on Thursday night. The HDTV version was available that night, but the WEB-DL version is not yet available.

Having said that, given the time difference, I wouldn't be surprised if the program doesn't show up sometime today.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #950
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

https://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-re...online-140109/

Demonoid Returns, BitTorrent Tracker is Now Online

Quote:
After more than a year of downtime the Demonoid tracker came back online today. The tracker is linked to nearly 400,000 torrent files and more than a million peers, which makes it one of the largest working BitTorrent trackers on the Internet. There is no word yet on when the site will make a full comeback, but the people behind it say they are working to revive one of the most famous file-sharing communities.

Malcontent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #951
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

I wouldn't mind a tvtorrent invite if someone had one.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #952
mrdazzo7

does anyone know what happened to EZTV.IT? awesome site that comes in handy when I miss an episode of something that isn't available anywhere else, but seems to have gone offline. just used it last month. Not cool.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #953
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
I wouldn't mind a tvtorrent invite if someone had one.
PM me with your email address.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #954
Azlen

Quote:

It's out there now.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #955
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Got it and already have it queued up on my roku via plex waiting for my daughter to hurry up and get in here so we can watch it.

Sometimes I just sit back and wonder at technology and how far it's come since I was my daughter's age.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #956
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdazzo7 View Post
does anyone know what happened to EZTV.IT? awesome site that comes in handy when I miss an episode of something that isn't available anywhere else, but seems to have gone offline. just used it last month. Not cool.
The site is under a DDOS attack..
http://torrentfreak.com/ddos-attack-...n-eztv-140109/
/edit
Quote:
As always, the leading TV-torrent distribution group continues to post torrents on The Pirate Bay and various other sites.
https://eztv-proxy.net/ is a working until the site is back up..

Last edited by robojerk : 01-12-2014 at 06:57 PM.
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #957
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
The site is under a DDOS attack..
http://torrentfreak.com/ddos-attack-...n-eztv-140109/
/edit

https://eztv-proxy.net/ is a working until the site is back up..
There are a lot of torrent sites under DDOS attacks including some of the private biggies like What.CD, PTP and BTN. Wonder if it's the same people behind it all.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:21 PM   #958
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
There are a lot of torrent sites under DDOS attacks including some of the private biggies like What.CD, PTP and BTN. Wonder if it's the same people behind it all.
You mean the MPAA?
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #959
keirgrey
Frank-N-Genius

I use TorrenTing.com Don't believe you need an invite for it, but you do have to maintain an up/down ratio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Latest 6/20/2014
keirgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #960
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
You mean the MPAA?
In the past when they've been DDOS'd it's been by someone who couldn't get an invite or someone who was banned but this one has been bigger and has hit more trackers. I doubt it was the MPAA though, DDOS'ing is more of a short term nuisance than anything that would have any long term effects.