TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
VegasVic
Craps Player

Amazing Race - 11/7/14

I kind of figured a non elim was due. I have grown to like Robbie, he's funny. Dentists are still the team to beat but the bikers are tough too.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #2
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Robbie is the wrestler? I agree, he's a joker in a good kind of way. Surfer kids need to pick it up a bit.

The Detour (Roadblock?) where they had to choose between painting and opera seemed to have fooled everyone regarding which would be the faster to do. Limiting the number of people who could paint might have caused the stampede that way.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #3
stellie93

The description of the task made it sound like you had to get the name of the character from their performance. Very misleading.

It was funny, the 2 teams who didn't like each other sticking together so long.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Nice drone shots of the go-carts, I thought.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Nice drone shots of the go-carts, I thought.
Agreed.

The female wrestler was a beast driving down the mountain.

I'm rooting for the bikers. They are just having fun.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
The description of the task made it sound like you had to get the name of the character from their performance. Very misleading.
I think the description they had just wasn't very thorough, so they didn't even realize what they were supposed to do until after seeing the opera characters first and then going into the costume room.

Speaking of that, I like the Wrestlers, but I'm getting a little sick of Brooke wailing "I don't get it" if she has to spend more than ten seconds of brain power on a task.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
Agreed. The female wrestler was a beast driving down the mountain.
I'm pretty sure the go karts were driving up the mountain. That task looked so fun! I'll bet the other half of the teams that didn't do it were kicking themselves.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #7
mattack

a bit over 4 minutes in a go kart seems to mean a VERY short ride down in a real car, even if the car was going relatively slowly?!?!

Though I did think we got some unusual inadvertent (redundant?) behind the scenes info when one of them mentioned that the go karts only go every 20 minutes. The clue didn't say that, and it wasn't made obvious to us in any other way that they had to wait.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
a bit over 4 minutes in a go kart seems to mean a VERY short ride down in a real car, even if the car was going relatively slowly?!?! Though I did think we got some unusual inadvertent (redundant?) behind the scenes info when one of them mentioned that the go karts only go every 20 minutes. The clue didn't say that, and it wasn't made obvious to us in any other way that they had to wait.
Same road down as going up. So you can't have them on at the same time. I was trying to figure out how they did that right up until they mentioned the 20 minute slots.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #9
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
a bit over 4 minutes in a go kart seems to mean a VERY short ride down in a real car, even if the car was going relatively slowly?!?!

Though I did think we got some unusual inadvertent (redundant?) behind the scenes info when one of them mentioned that the go karts only go every 20 minutes. The clue didn't say that, and it wasn't made obvious to us in any other way that they had to wait.
It was just a logistics and safety issue. The road was closed off so that no traffic would be coming from the other direction while the go karts raced up the hill. Once the go karts got to the top of the hill, the Racers (and the go karts) had to be driven back down to the bottom of the hill. Thus, there was a period where it was OK for the go-karts to go up, and no traffic could go down, and then there was a period where traffic would go down, but no traffic could come up. Therefore, if you missed the "up" period, you had to wait for the "down" period to be completed before the next "up" period started.