TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Survivor Worlds Apart : "My Word Is My Bond" OAD 5-13-2015

Okay, I freely admit I'm terrible at picking up clues during an episode, but even I knew Mike was going to win that immunity. Too many scenes of too many people saying how Mike absolutely couldn't win. For once I called it and it really happened.

That said, I'm really glad it happened. The final episode has to be better because of it.

How about that tribal? Dan totally screwed himself by playing his extra vote. Carolyn and Dan had no one to vote for except each other. Maybe Carolyn was going to play her idol anyway, but when Dan got up to cast a second vote that had to have removed all doubt in her mind. Very big kudos to Carolyn for keeping that idol relatively secret (I think Tyler knew). Too many Survivor contestants can't do that simple thing.

Now, since there's one more tribal where an idol could be played, wouldn't we expect one might be placed. If i was one of the remaining 5, I'd be looking. There wouldn't even be any special need for secrecy. If you find it, you play it.

I'm pumped for the finalé! Go Mike!

Not much of a spoiler, but from the previews for next week.
Spoiler:
Rodney: "Why didn't you tell us you had an idol?"
Carolyn: "You all voted for me!!!"

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #2
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Yep, that was very satisfying. Goodbye loser!

gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
MrCouchPotato

I thought that was great in Dan's confessional talking about how Mike was so arrogant and condescending....

I am glad that Carolyn did not give up her reward to Mike. I didn't really want to watch him on it, and she is the one who actually figured out the puzzle.

Favorite line: "I use the same 200 words over and over and over.... I'm in therapy I say the words so often."

MrCouchPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCouchPotato View Post
I am glad that Carolyn did not give up her reward to Mike. I didn't really want to watch him on it, and she is the one who actually figured out the puzzle.
It was Rodney, not Mike. Mike was on the same team as Carolyn for the reward.

brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
nyny523
Oy

I really hope Carolyn wins this thing. She or Mike are the only ones left who deserve it. Unfortunately, either one taking the other to the end would be a huge mistake...

Old 05-13-2015, 10:27 PM   #6
hummingbird_206

I loved Jeff rubbing it in that Rodney hasn't been on a reward.

hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:16 PM   #7
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

What a great episode. Rodney whines and doesn't get his way, Mike wins immunity, Dan plays his advantage, Caroline plays her idol to give Dan the boot!!

JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I really hope Carolyn wins this thing. She or Mike are the only ones left who deserve it. Unfortunately, either one taking the other to the end would be a huge mistake...
you're right, and they're my favorites too, it'll be tough if they both end up in front of the jury.

carolyn promising, then reneging, to trade with rod for reward a second time, even if not a deliberate game move by carolyn, was an incredible way to break his spirit and provoke him to blow up! the unfortunate side effect was a bigger target on her back, still funny to watch, though.

can't believe dan is finally gone...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:42 AM   #9
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Love that Dan is gone. So classic that he thought he had everything figured out and then to see the look on his face when Carolyn played the HII was priceless.

I think both Mike and Carolyn realize they need to get rid of the other if they want a guaranteed win at the finale. But they also realize they need each other in order to get there. Next week should be pretty interesting now that Carolyn knows her alliance has turned on her.

Sierra knows that she can beat Rodney and Will. That's why she's voting with them. I think that means whichever of Mike/Carolyn don't win the next IC will be gone. Doubt they could convince Sierra to flip.

Would love to see the HII put back into play next week and see the mad scramble of everyone looking for it, even though it can only be played at the next TC.

I've always wondered how they keep the food warm on the rewards. The players arrive and there's a table sitting there with all the food already plated. I assume there is some kind of catering truck just off camera and they have a way to keep everything warm, but it always just looks like it would be stone cold.

Old 05-14-2015, 02:24 AM   #10
Peter000

Dan could have had a chance to save himself if he voted both his votes for someone on his alliance (say Rodney). Essentially split the vote on his own. But it didn't seemed to cross anybody's mind that Carolyn might have a HII. The way he did use the vote was the most stupid way possible, throwing an extra vote for the one everyone was voting for anyway. It wasn't needed. Dan just didn't think of the worst case scenario for himself.

Kinda stating the obvious, I guess.

Last edited by Peter000; 05-14-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:37 AM   #11
R1elvis

If they are smart.... Rodney, Sierra and Will need to vote out Mike and Momma C... otherwise if either of them gets to the finals.. they win. Mike beats Momma C if they both get there.

R1elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:11 AM   #12
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap: http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-30-episode-13

I really, really don't want a Rodney/Will/Sierra final.

meh
Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 AM   #13
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I loved Jeff rubbing it in that Rodney hasn't been on a reward.
It was fantastic. Talking about his sense of entitlement and that all he has to do is WIN.

It was amazing to me that the 3 reward losers didn't go back to the beach and look for the idol. What idiots!

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #14
stark

I wondered what Dan would have done if Mike had told him that the entire tribe knew about his advantage because Momma C had told him?

But I realized that Dan would probably have been more insistent about trying to get Momma C out.

stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #15
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
It was amazing to me that the 3 reward losers didn't go back to the beach and look for the idol. What idiots!
I was surprised they didn't do that, but I don't think it would have done them any good. My guess is at this stage of the game the producers won't hide another idol until there aren't any left, and since Carolyn still had one there wasn't one to find.

Watched Dan's Ponderosa vid this morning. He's seriously delusional.

meh
Old 05-14-2015, 07:17 AM   #16
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
So I guess an immunity idol trumps an extra vote. In your eye Dan!

Old 05-14-2015, 07:22 AM   #17
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Latest Rodneyism: "A reward that will fix wishin’"

The expression on Sierra's face was priceless

Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 AM   #18
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I was surprised they didn't do that, but I don't think it would have done them any good. My guess is at this stage of the game the producers won't hide another idol until there aren't any left, and since Carolyn still had one there wasn't one to find.

I was surprised that they didn't put another HII out after Mike played his with a clue at the reward. Maybe now that Carolyn played hers they will as you say.

Off to watch Ponderosa. It Dan's wasn't up last night when I checked.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #19
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Understatement of the century.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 AM   #20
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

What's up with Sierra's eyebrows? They looked like they were tattooed on or something, which seemed really out of place with the haggard island look you get after being out there for a few weeks.

"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #21
laria
Librocubicularist

She probably got them tattooed under her real eyebrows to make them appear thicker/darker. But now her real eyebrows have been bleached by the sun too light so the tattoo is REALLY obvious.

Same with Carolyn's eyeliner. It's really obvious she has tattooed eyeliner since she looks so haggard and has no other makeup on.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #22
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:

Did you watch the day after video too (in bonus clips)? Man he really thinks he's a hero. He'll be surprised when he realizes America thinks he's an A-hole.

Last edited by JFriday; 05-14-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #23
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
I was surprised that they didn't put another HII out after Mike played his with a clue at the reward. Maybe now that Carolyn played hers they will as you say.

Off to watch Ponderosa. It Dan's wasn't up last night when I checked.
What makes you think they didn't put a new one out? my guess is that they did and the people are either too stupid to look for it or the producers decided not to show us that they looked for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbourgeo View Post
What's up with Sierra's eyebrows? They looked like they were tattooed on or something, which seemed really out of place with the haggard island look you get after being out there for a few weeks.
argh! I keep forgetting to check for that!

Old 05-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #24
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
What makes you think they didn't put a new one out?
Because there was still one in play. IMO they wouldn't introduce a 2nd idol when there's just one tribe.

meh
Old 05-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #25
hummingbird_206

Quote:
What makes you think they didn't put a new one out? my guess is that they did and the people are either too stupid to look for it or the producers decided not to show us that they looked for it.
I don't know if they did or didn't. My entire post said "I was surprised that they didn't put another HII out after Mike played his with a clue at the reward." The second part that I bolded is not separate.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #26
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Sierra knows that she can beat Rodney and Will. That's why she's voting with them. I think that means whichever of Mike/Carolyn don't win the next IC will be gone. Doubt they could convince Sierra to flip.

Would love to see the HII put back into play next week and see the mad scramble of everyone looking for it, even though it can only be played at the next TC.

I've always wondered how they keep the food warm on the rewards. The players arrive and there's a table sitting there with all the food already plated. I assume there is some kind of catering truck just off camera and they have a way to keep everything warm, but it always just looks like it would be stone cold.
Exactly - unless they are both protected by immunity (with a necklace or idol), one or the other goes home next week and doesn't make the final 4.

If you go back and watch, you'll see the spread have ice in the pitchers and steam coming off the meat. Then when they arrive at the table after landing, there isn't any ice in the pitchers at all and hardly any condensation on the outside of the glasses. I don't think it's cold, but it's certainly not immediately fresh when they get it. (At least in this particular instance)

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #27
Necromancer2006

Quote:
Dalton's recap: http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-30-episode-13

I really, really don't want a Rodney/Will/Sierra final.
Seriously.

Has there ever been a worse final group than this mix? They would have to vote for Rodney, wouldn't they?

Necromancer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #28
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:

Can you elaborate?

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #29
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Can you elaborate?
He thinks he's a hero that played a clean game and kept all his principles intact. He also thinks he'll be looked at as a good guy.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:26 PM   #30
Azlen

Quote:
If you are following the strict rules of this forum, that should be in spoiler tags and any discussion of it should also be in spoiler tags.

Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote