TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #31
csabi72

There Is No Way To Record A Cc Camera With Tivo. Without Sub.
You Have To GO Trough The Guided Setup, And Use The Internet Cable, In Order To Complete It. I Have Tryed It All , You Cannot Record Without A Tivo Account ! So Please Do Not Post Missleading Infos, You Just Wasting Peoples Time.
csabi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #32
ggieseke

csabi72,

What the hell are you smoking, where did you learn to spell, and what's up with Capitalizing Every Word?

I'm out of here...
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #33
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

It is possible to get a time update from TiVo without shutting down a recording function, but it is very difficult and not worth the time except if you living in a cardboard box under the viaduct and thus don't have the $30 bucks to pay for a Series 2 Tivo with lifetime.

To do it you have to connect the TiVo up just long enough to update the time, but disconnect it before it checks account status.

There have been quite a few criminals on TV the last week committing felonious acts with them requesting assistance in identifying them and the video quality is so bad that not even their own mother would recognize them. So to say standard security systems are preferable over TiVo is pushing it in my book. I can get a much better video using my Series 1 Tivo and a $5 video camera from the thrift store than anything I have ever seen on TV newscasts of felons in the act. Those banking, 7-11, ATM, and other security cameras are a joke.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #34
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Sorry, but we can't make you understand how to do what a lot of people have done.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #35
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
csabi72,

What the hell are you smoking, where did you learn to spell, and what's up with Capitalizing Every Word?

I'm out of here...
What's the point of entering a discussion just to belittle someone's spelling (English is not everybody's first language) and say "I'm out of here"???
Old 01-04-2014, 05:41 AM   #36
ggieseke

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
What's the point of entering a discussion just to belittle someone's spelling (English is not everybody's first language) and say "I'm out of here"???
I was already in the discussion and trying to be helpful, but the 3 posts right before that one pushed my frustration meter into the red. Sorry.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #37
replaytv
I <3 Wintergreen

Quote:
csabi72,

I'm out of here...
I don't know about other people, but us people here in Colorado are doing all kinds of weird things now that not only do they have fluoride in most of the drinking water, but you can't take a breath without getting a lung full of cannabis smoke. Last nice day in the park I smelt pot the entire 200 yards from my volleyball game to my car on the other side and end of the park. And while waiting for a red light later I could smell pot from someone smoking nearby.
A two-year-old daughter in Longmont Colorado was found hopped up on cannabis the day before it was legal.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...marijuana.html
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #38
csabi72

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo View Post
Why in the world would you want to use TiVo as a security DVR? You can buy pro quality 4 channel security DVR for under $200. You can get cheaper ones like this for under $100.
Any security DVR will do much better job than TiVo - this is what they been designed to do.
coz that is what I have on hand, and I did not planned on spending any money. Also I really wanted Mr. "I got lucky" to respond to me, or the other guy who did it and made it work.
but im not gonnnna get my answer here so adios,... smoking and spelling and whetever...

Last edited by csabi72 : 01-04-2014 at 04:25 PM.
csabi72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #39
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabi72 View Post
Also I really wanted Mr. "I got lucky" to respond to me, or the other guy who did it and made it work.
but im not gonnnna get my answer here so adios,... smoking and spelling and whetever...
If you looked a little deeper you'd see that "Mr Lucky" hasn't been seen here since 2011, and your style of almost incoherent postings and being rude to others isn't exactly going to have them clamoring to give you a hand.

There's just no need to be disrespectful of others, folks will tend to give back what they're given as far as respect.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #40
heyted

Quote:
Originally Posted by csabi72 View Post
You Cannot Record Without A Tivo Account !
There are some exceptions, such as the TiVo Premiere shown in this previously posted video:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...=504978&page=2
heyted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #41
heyted

Quote:
BTW, that's considered "theft of service"
What makes you think that? I have never seen someone post a link or reference to a legitimate document that says manual recording is theft of service.
heyted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #42
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Quote:
A few Series 2s still may work if they've been disconnected for many (many) years before TiVo started locking them out,
That's just backwards.
In the beginning S2 Tivos were programmed to stop recording entirely after 30 days of not making a daily call. That lock out feature was removed (not added) many years ago and since then any S2 Tivo that has not connected in >30days will still allow manual recordings provided that it was actually subscribed at the time of the last successful daily call.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #43
unitron

On the question of theft of service, I expect TiVo has it arranged so that anything they don't want you to be able to do without a sub an unsubbed TiVo won't be able to do (or will refuse to do) about 30 to 45 days after the last successful connection which confirms that the account is in good standing.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote