TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #91
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

Looks like I'll have to go magazine shopping soon.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #92
rkester
a rkester says what?

This stinks. I finished S1 and have not seen any of S2 and I wanna but I cant start now its too far into the season. I need the box set OR for UPN to reshow it on the HD channel all in a row soon. Argh!

Shes pretty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gamertag: teamdeadbunny
wii code: 0380-4134-5430-7197
psn: alienmeatsack
ive been a member here since 02/03 really
rkester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #93
Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip
I got good news!!!!

It's a double victory for me. Since I'm going to get the FSU Cowgirls to sign it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #94
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attack
It's a double victory for me. Since I'm going to get the FSU Cowgirls to sign it.
That might be the link of the year so far.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #95
cheesesteak
Meh.

Veronica Mars sure is hot. She's also a liar, a thief, and a few other bad things. I couldn't date a woman like her for long. She opens her mouth and the truth doesn't always come out.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #96
Kevdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Veronica Mars sure is hot. She's also a liar, a thief, and a few other bad things. I couldn't date a woman like her for long. She opens her mouth and the truth doesn't always come out.
But she uses her powers for good and not for evil...
Kevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #97
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Veronica is a badass who doesn't always "play nice" but she's always serving a greater good, or at least thinks she is. Just like most of the great fictional anti-heroes. Heck, Jack Bauer tortures people and Jack Bristow shoots someone between the eyes and the audience cheers. But Veronica plants a bug to get information and it's all, "ooh, she's not very nice, is she?"

VM is a detective show. Weren't Magnum and Rockford always breaking into places and going undercover (i.e., lying) and doing other bad stuff? Isn't that what private eyes on TV always do? Dave and Maddie lied to people every week to get information.

But back to the topic at hand . . . Kristen looks stunning on her Maxim cover. That's quite a coup for her and I think it can only serve as great, um, exposure. If it sells some tickets to Pulse and maybe brings in a few new viewers to VM, then that's even better.
Magnolia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #98
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip
I got good news!!!!
Sigh. On the one hand I wish she hadn't done it. But on the other... hubba hubba!
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #99
mmilton80
Custom User Title

Whoa....flipping amazing. She's like, wickedly hot.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving. - A Tour Guide
mmilton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:10 AM   #100
Sirius Black
Grey Warden Reject

Anyone know what the merging of WB and UPN will do to the respective programs on those channels. We all know what happened when Buffy jumped ship and went to UPN and Angel stayed on WB, both programs suffered (at least that's my opinion).

While I have to admit I skipped pages 2 and 4, there is a comment on the first page bunching Buffy, Alias, and Gilmore Girls together. There aren't three shows with female leads that are more different IMO. Can anyone explain why this is an accurate comparison? I don't actually watch Gilmore Girls so that could be part of the disconnect.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:22 AM   #101
Lori
Social Defective

I'd call it Buffy, Twin Peaks and Gilmore Girls, myself.

Buffy because of the smart, rapid-fire dialog, the bright strong heroine who always beats the bad guy but doesn't always get the guy. Twin Peaks because it's a little on the dark and freaky side and Gilmore Girls because of the really strong relationship between Veronica and her Dad.

"It is not the size of our army that shall lead us to victory. It is the undeniable righteousness of our cause... "--JAB
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #102
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Black
Anyone know what the merging of WB and UPN will do to the respective programs on those channels.
There is a whole thread discussing this. It looks like VM will be paired with Gilmore Girls, probably on Tuesday nights, but no official announcement will be made until April or May.

Quote:
While I have to admit I skipped pages 2 and 4, there is a comment on the first page bunching Buffy, Alias, and Gilmore Girls together. There aren't three shows with female leads that are more different IMO. Can anyone explain why this is an accurate comparison?
I started watching VM because I heard it described as a little bit of Buffy and Alias, since those are two of my favorite shows ever. I see Veronica as a smarter Buffy and a funnier Sydney. But unlike Syd and Buffy, VM has no ability to kick anyone's ass in a physical sense. She has only her brain as her secret weapon against bad guys. And her wit. And her detective gadgets.

Both Buffy and Alias have strong young female leads who don't take crap from anyone, so that is the obvious similarity. Also, both shows feature strong father-daughter relationships: Buffy and Giles (who served the father-mentor role) and Sydney and Jack, who are estranged at times but we know that Jack still always has her back.

The only similarity between Gilmore Girls and VM imho is the witty dialogue and pop culture references. I guess one could say the parent-child relationship is sort of a similarity. Unlike Jack and Giles, Keith Mars is also a pretty hip and funny dad, so he's a bit like Lorelai in that way. He gets plenty of good lines, while Giles and Jack aren't known for their senses of humor. Otoh, Keith can be pretty badass when the occasion calls for it, so he combines the best of all possible worlds. Imho, the Veronica-Keith relationship is one of the best aspects of VM and is the heart of the show.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #103
msgtgumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia88
There is a whole thread discussing this. It looks like VM will be paired with Gilmore Girls, probably on Tuesday nights, but no official announcement will be made until April or May.
Damn, I hope they continue to broadcast the show twice a week then, my Tuesdays are full. The Wednesday/Sunday airings worked out perfect, why must they mess with my perfect TiVo schedule
msgtgumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #104
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtgumby
Damn, I hope they continue to broadcast the show twice a week then, my Tuesdays are full. The Wednesday/Sunday airings worked out perfect, why must they mess with my perfect TiVo schedule
I know Tuesdays suck because of House and TAR and all, but every time slot is going to have some big show that is a huge hit. Everybody complains about VM being up against Lost now on Wed nights and on Thursdays, there would be complaints about Smallville, Survivor, etc.

Back to "Veronica Mars is hot" . . . MSN has a new Kristen Bell photo gallery. The pictures aren't new, but the "In Focus" gallery is new, calling KB an "up and coming" actress.

I guess MSN is expecting Pulse to get a lot of press or something? I don't know that I'd call an actress starring as the lead title character of a one-hour network drama in its second season to be "up and coming." I'd say she's already there. Isn't that what actors dream of, to get the lead role in a network TV series or studio movie? I know VM flies below the radar, but still, she's the freaking lead.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #105
joits

even though KB is the lead on a tv show, i think they call her up and comming because VM isn't exactly drawing a huge crowd. to most of the country, she's a relative unknown. and i don't think pulse is going to change that. from the trailers it looks like a pretty crappy horror movie. i like KB a lot... but no way I'm paying 10 bucks to see that crap.

man, i envy anyone who has met KB. even more so to the people who took pics with her. u guys are lucky. hopefully one day, the cast and crew will go to comicon in san diego, i try to go every year and usually get to see a bunch of celebs (went to the battlestar galactica one and saw boomer!). but i'm even more jealous of my friend who is a masseuse. her company was hired to work at some tv event and i guess some cast and crew from VM were there. cos my friend was chatting about it and she says she gave a massage to some blonde actress who plays Veronica something on tv... I couldn't believe my what I was hearing! my friend didn't know i was a fan, but she did tell me that KB was really short. they didn't chat, she just came in, sat on the massage type chair thingy and my friend gave her a quick massage and that was it. oh man... i would have loved to have been in my friend's shoes...

so do you guys think duncan is out of the show for good? how are they gonna bring him back now that he's got a kid if he does come back?
joits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #106
smak
TV MA SLV

The Maxim is out, the Maxim is out!!!

Pretty tame by Maxim standards, but nice.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #107
mmilton80
Custom User Title

I think I'm in love...oh wait...I already said that.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try sky diving. - A Tour Guide
mmilton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 08:36 AM   #108
Swirl_Junkie

TTIUWLTSP

This thread is useless without links to scanned pics.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #109
rkester
a rkester says what?

Yes, someone please share so us menfolks can be admirational of the lady's maxim offerings of goodness.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #110
TriBruin

TC CLUB MEMBER
I tried to convince my wife that a copy of this issue would be a perfect Valentine's day gift. She was not impressed.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #111
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

KB in Maxim.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #112
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Her BF is one lucky dude.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 02-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #113
IJustLikeTivo
TiVo Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow. Just Wow. I need a cold beverage right now.
IJustLikeTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:40 PM   #114
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

So the pics are hot? I'll have to take your word for it, b/c I can't access them. Would it be weird for a straight chick to buy Maxim for the girly pics? Heh. I will pretend I'm buying it for my bf.

According to Rob Thomas, Joel Silver has been pushing Kristen to do a photo shoot for Maxim for months, but she was reluctant to do it. Then she did Pulse and Harvey Weinstein wanted her to do it to help promote the movie, and she finally relented.

I have no problem with her doing it b/c it's sort of expected of young actresses to do this sort of thing, but I like that KB was not jumping all over the idea. She's a "serious actress" who shouldn't have to do it, but these Maxim covers do get a lot of attention. Anything that gives her a higher profile and gets her more work in features has to be a good thing. She should be getting the kind of roles that Scarlett Johanssen is getting, b/c KB acts circles around her.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #115
mwhip
All better

Quote:
So the pics are hot? I'll have to take your word for it, b/c I can't access them. Would it be weird for a straight chick to buy Maxim for the girly pics? Heh. I will pretend I'm buying it for my bf.
Your BF is one lucky dude.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 02-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #116
IJustLikeTivo
TiVo Forum Special Member

Quote:
She should be getting the kind of roles that Scarlett Johanssen is getting, b/c KB acts circles around her.
I'd certainly agree with that. I like SJ but I do think KB is 1. Better looking, 2. A better actress and 3. She can sing and dance.
IJustLikeTivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:06 PM   #117
smak
TV MA SLV

Agree with that about KB and SJ. SJ has a nicer body though

A lot of these actresses pose for Maxim and it's ilk to get out of the "highschool" mode.

I mean, KB is a 25 year old woman who people think is 17-18. It can't hurt to remind the movie industry that she's a woman, va va voom.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #118
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak
SJ has a nicer body though
To each his own...I much prefer Kristen's...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #119
rkester
a rkester says what?

We need a SJ thread! Preferably one where you guys all found the great pics so I can just click and view.

Im lazy.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #120
mwhip
All better

Who is SJ?

Now KK might be as hot as KB.

Gamertag - mwhip