Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2006, 06:32 PM   #61
etsolow
Don't Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia88
...what would make you think that in the first place. I can't imagine what would lead someone to that conclusion.
I don't know if I need spoilers, but just in case...
Spoiler:
Just because it happened so suddenly, with no warning -- and isn't he evil, 'n stuff?? Oh, and when she was confessing to her deputy-boyfriend she said something about making out with someone she "hated". I guess I just didn't pick up on their chemistry, or something!

etsolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #62
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Ah, okay, I get it now. (Although I saw warnings fairly early on, I get that not everybody saw them. They were subtle, like many of the emotional undercurrents on VM.)

Spoiler:
Imho, when she told Leo she "hated" Logan, it was mainly past tense at that point and she was trying to explain why she was a "trainwreck" and he was better off without her. But the fact that she dumped sweet Leo, who she liked a lot, told me that she really had the hots for Logan in a big way because if she was following her head instead of her heart, she'd have stuck with Leo. She knew Logan was bad news, but she couldn't help herself.

Only using spoiler tags for those who have not had the good fortune to see all of season one of VM yet. And what are you waiting for? See Kristen Bell in a short skirt! Lots of them! And a bikini!
Magnolia88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #63
hereafter

Quote:
And what are you waiting for? See Kristen Bell in a short skirt! Lots of them! And a bikini!
And, for some reason, she has new breasts this season. Not sure why she got them, but I chuckled when:

Spoiler:
she went on TV to investigate the psychic, after telling Wallace's "girlfriend" about using the breast-enhancement cream, while her breasts were clearly bigger this season than last. It doesn't work for me when other characters on the show are making "flat-chested" jokes at her expense when clearly, she's no longer flat-chested.

Oh well, still a great show and she's still damned attractive.
hereafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #64
etsolow
Don't Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereafter
And, for some reason, she has new breasts this season.
Hmm, now I'm looking forward to season 2 even more.
etsolow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #65
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

It's called a padded push-up bra. Maybe Kristen is getting self-conscious about all the "Veronica is flat-chested" jokes?

Spoiler:
In addition to the psychic incident, there was another comment by that dude from the fightin Fitzpatricks. He said something about Veronica not needing plastic surgery, "well, aside from the obvious," as he looked at her chest. Evil Madison Sinclair also made fun of her chest at the slumber party at Gia's house, and of course there was the classic "Flat? Just as God made me," from season one.

Veronica is so pretty and smart and generally self-assured, I think it's the only thing they can think of to have people make fun of her about. She's regularly getting insulted by people, so the writers have to come up with something more than "your car is crappy" and "you're poor." (But I agree that it's funny that the jokes are more frequent this year, even though her boobs appear bigger than last year.)

Last edited by Magnolia88 : 01-04-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #66
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Honestly, since I have seen her in person her boobs are much bigger than they look on TV, I was very surprised!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #67
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadam101
Honestly, since I have seen her in person her boobs are much bigger than they look on TV, I was very surprised!

They are the perfect size for a girl who is 5'1" and weighs about 90 lbs.

Seriously I was taken aback with how tiny she is. I would have guessed her to be at least 5'5".

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:29 PM   #68
mwhip
All better

Thought everyone would like to know I got new wallpaper:

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 01-24-2006, 04:36 PM   #69
rkester
a rkester says what?

I'm on the last disc of S1 (thanks magnolia). But Ive not seen any of the new season. I hope its good.

I like her, shes pretty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gamertag: teamdeadbunny
wii code: 0380-4134-5430-7197
psn: alienmeatsack
ive been a member here since 02/03 really
rkester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #70
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkester
I'm on the last disc of S1 (thanks magnolia). But Ive not seen any of the new season. I hope its good..
Even better than S1 so far. The first season, once it hit midpoint or so, built momentum like a freight train towards its conclusion. But I thought the first half (well, maybe third), while the show was still new and trying to find its footing a little, was a bit uneven. Not so in season two -- almost every episode has been quite strong, sometimes astonishingly so.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #71
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

I finally got to meet Kristen last weekend at the Veronica Mars screening in Austin, and she didn't disappoint. Smart, funny, incredibly kind and all-around great gal. And even more stunning in person than she is onscreen, if you can believe that. Yes, the girl is hot.

I got to talk to her for a few minutes about a few different topics and we were talking about some of her past work when Rob Thomas interrupted our conversation to say that you couldn't talk about Kristen's work without mentioning Pootie Tang. I get the impression he kids her a lot about that movie being on her resume (which she's apparently in for only a few seconds) and she's a good sport about it. She said, of course, no matter what I do, there will always be Pootie Tang.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:59 PM   #72
mwhip
All better

Quote:
I finally got to meet Kristen last weekend at the Veronica Mars screening in Austin, and she didn't disappoint. Smart, funny, incredibly kind and all-around great gal. And even more stunning in person than she is onscreen, if you can believe that. Yes, the girl is hot.

I got to talk to her for a few minutes about a few different topics and we were talking about some of her past work when Rob Thomas interrupted our conversation to say that you couldn't talk about Kristen's work without mentioning Pootie Tang. I get the impression he kids her a lot about that movie being on her resume (which she's apparently in for only a few seconds) and she's a good sport about it. She said, of course, no matter what I do, there will always be Pootie Tang.

OK why in the world did I not know about this? She was in my freaking state? 3 hours away from me? Now I am just mad.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #73
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhip
OK why in the world did I not know about this? She was in my freaking state? 3 hours away from me? Now I am just mad.
Sorry.

She was in Austin for the whole weekend doing all sorts of VM-related stuff. The VM screening was at the Alamo Drafthouse and it was held on two nights. See photos here.

If you're a VM fan, I wrote a recap in two parts, with links to more photos. (If you're not a VM fan it will be very boring and will probably make no sense.)

Rob Thomas did most of the talking at the screening and Q&A, but Kristen got pretty chatty at a couple of points. Then she talked to fans and signed autographs for what seemed like hours.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #74
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
You back away!!!! KB has been my secret girlfriend since day 1. Just look how happy we are:

My hero.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #75
mwhip
All better

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew
My hero.

You need to read mgnolia's stuff above, I think you will have a new hero. I do.

BTW - Magnolia where are you in those pics? You should have an avatar. Becuase one I don't know if you are male or female. If you are male we can lust after KB together. If you are female we can still lust it will just be ultra hot.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 01-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #76
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
You need to read mgnolia's stuff above, I think you will have a new hero. I do.

BTW - Magnolia where are you in those pics? You should have an avatar. Becuase one I don't know if you are male or female. If you are male we can lust after KB together. If you are female we can still lust it will just be ultra hot.
Heh. I don't post photos of myself on the internet. But I do have some fabulous photos of Kristen, some with myself. My friend I was with took lots of photos and you can see my hand. (In the closeup photo of Kristen, I am standing right there, next to the photographer. KB and I had quite a nice chat, and I was taking my time moving on to the boys.)

And I'm female and straight. And yes, I have a total girl crush on KB and I'm not afraid to admit it. She's adorable. But it's her performance as Veronica that I love most (although she's fantastic in everything she's ever done, something I took the opportunity to tell her in person, which led to the Pootie Tang comment).

Last edited by Magnolia88 : 01-24-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:23 PM   #77
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:

You need to read a little closer. Magnolia has said in the past that she's a female i the 18-24 demo, and that her lusting after KB is purely platonic.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Agreed, though, about the need for an avatar.

ETA: or, what Magnolia herself just said... (damn slow typing)
Old 01-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #78
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

I never said anything about being under 24. I wish. No, I'm older than Kristen by a few years but not by so much that I can't imagine us as gal pals, hanging out and shopping and stuff.

She's really an amazing talent. I had a girl crush on Kate Winslet once, but I've never liked a TV actress this much. (Okay, I thought Jennifer Garner kicked ass the first season of Alias, but that ended when she dumped cutie-pie Scott Foley).

Kristen's intelligence is obvious in her performance but she was both smart and hilarious in person. It was especially funny when she called her boyfriend Kevin an a-hole very loudly in front of a crowd of 200 or so people. Heh.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #79
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Quote:
Imagine how I feel! I'm under two hours away. I had no idea! It was my big chance to steal her away from you, too.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #80
mwhip
All better

Thanks for the blog and link to photos magnolia.

Did you get a chance to talk to Jason Dohring?

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 01-25-2006, 10:09 AM   #81
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
Thanks for the blog and link to photos magnolia.

Did you get a chance to talk to Jason Dohring?
Yes, I did, and he was lovely.

But in all honesty, the people I most wanted to meet were Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell and they were both great. Very down-to-earth, funny, friendly, approachable and very appreciative of the fan support for VM.

Rob Thomas has known a lot of ups and downs in showbiz (check out his site for hilarous recaps of his failures), and it's obvious he is enjoying having a show that people watch and love, however few in number they may be.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:19 AM   #82
mwhip
All better

I was asking because when I met the cast the people in front of me (girls) were very excited to see Percy and there was like 5 of them. So the line stalled and I got to talk to Jason for a couple minutes. I would have been happier if it would have stalled in front of Kristen but no luck. I found Jason to be really cool and very nice. Just kind of shocking because at that point all you saw was him being an a-hole. And I know it's acting but when it is the only impression you have of someone you tend to form an opinion. But Jason and I talked for a couple minutes and he was asking all kinds of questions about Dallas and he wanted to stay because Styx was in town but he had to get home.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 01-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #83
rkester
a rkester says what?

I'm sad. Last night, I popped in the last disc for S1, and found that it only had 2 episodes on it. And I devoured them quickly.

Need a season 2 box now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gamertag: teamdeadbunny
wii code: 0380-4134-5430-7197
psn: alienmeatsack
ive been a member here since 02/03 really
rkester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:17 AM   #84
Magnolia88
She likes cheese.

Quote:
I found Jason to be really cool and very nice. Just kind of shocking because at that point all you saw was him being an a-hole. And I know it's acting but when it is the only impression you have of someone you tend to form an opinion.
Jason is so completely unlike Logan that it makes me appreciate his acting talent that much more. He's more reserved than Kristen, but also down-to-earth and obviously enjoys talking about acting and his work on VM. He talked a bit about developing the character of Logan and finding the right notes to play at the audition. But even though he's smart, he's also very much a Socal kid, and his speech patterns are similar to Logan's: lots of "dudes" and "rads." And words that can't be repeated here.

Kristen has more in common with Veronica than Jason does Logan, but she's much nicer and friendlier than V of course. She also comes across in person as being much older than Jason. She's very mature and poised beyond her years, and he seems like a young kid barely out of high school. I think it's the difference in their experience level: she studied theater at NYU and has been on Broadway with Liam Neeson and Laura Linney, and for Jason, VM is the first big acting thing he's ever done.

I think he's a little in awe of her, honestly. He obviously has huge admiration for her and gushed about her quite a bit. (Then again, everyone gushes about her, because how can you not?)
Old 01-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #85
mwhip
All better

I was thinking about the Marsathon last night and what I would have asked if there. The one thing I kept coming back to was 'Spartan'. I am huge Mamet fan and would probably have beat her down about working with him. Also I would have found a way to get some questions in about David Milch and working on 'Deadwood'.

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 01-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #86
Fish Man
Phish Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77
I need to watch Reefer Madness. I heard it was pretty good in a spoofy way.
I find the original a lot funnier and more enjoyable.

It is so over-the-top ludicrous and unintentionally funny that it is really a scream!

I saw the new "musical" version with Kristen Bell. While I enjoyed her performance in it, the musical appeared to be trying too hard to be funny, ironic, dark, morbid, and gross.

IOW, its humor seemed "forced".

I didn't like it (other than an opportunity to see Kristen Bell in one more thing).

Fish Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #87
mwhip
All better

Anyone see the trailer to her new movie Pulse during VM last night?

It actually looks really good.

Trailer

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 02-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #88
mwhip
All better

I got good news!!!!

Gamertag - mwhip
Old 02-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #89
TomK