TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-18-2015, 11:54 PM   #1
Craigbob

MANH(A)TTAN Season 2 Trailer

I'm probably one of the few who followed and enjoyed this show last year. But it's finally coming back on Tuesdays Oct 13.

https://youtu.be/8jjymVjorkY

Old 08-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #2
bc0312

I love this show..can't wait for it to return

bc0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
vertigo235

I like it a lot too

Old 08-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #4
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
I'm probably one of the few who followed and enjoyed this show last year. But it's finally coming back on Tuesdays Oct 13.

https://youtu.be/8jjymVjorkY
Count me in! Now if I can just keep from being spoilered about how WWII comes out...

ej42137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:47 PM   #5
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
Uhh, there was a thread last year..

Darn, I was hoping this was going to be maybe latelatelate summer.. So this is going to be on alongside regular prime time shows. Guess I'll have to prioritize it over something else.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
SullyND
L: 44-28

I wish I could get WGN America. You'd think WGN would carry the show in Chicago, but at lest I can get it via VOD.

SullyND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:02 AM   #7
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Darn, I was hoping this was going to be maybe latelatelate summer.. So this is going to be on alongside regular prime time shows.
Kind of surprising given that WGN is trying to get into the prestige cable drama business, and this is their best shot, and yet they don't release it in the summer when it would have the best chance at getting viewers. Instead, they're holding it for fall when viewers are still trying to sort out which network shows to watch.

I was a big fan of S1 and will definitely watch S2. But ratings were low and I don't think this scheduling decision helps. It will be interesting to see if they can make it to S3.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:30 AM   #8
Fixer
Fixin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Kind of surprising given that WGN is trying to get into the prestige cable drama business, and this is their best shot, and yet they don't release it in the summer when it would have the best chance at getting viewers. Instead, they're holding it for fall when viewers are still trying to sort out which network shows to watch.

I was a big fan of S1 and will definitely watch S2. But ratings were low and I don't think this scheduling decision helps. It will be interesting to see if they can make it to S3.
I was thinking the same thing regarding "The Leftovers" and "The Knick". Both premiered during the summer last year, as did Manhattan.

I'll be recording and watching all three, but scheduling fall premieres of their respective second seasons seems like an idiotic move.

Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #9
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post

If you want to get to the top of the game, you've got to play in the big leagues. I'd imagine that to command better ad rates they need to prove they can get a significant portion of viewers when people are actually watching television.

Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Didn't they start last season in mid August? To me that makes more sense. A lot of the summer shows have ended and the last 2 weeks of August is pretty much a wasteland. Plus, if you get hooked on it before the fall TV series starts and you're more likely to stick with it when the season starts.

Old 08-20-2015, 05:40 PM   #11
lpwcomp

There re-running season 1. Assuming they do something else on the holiday weekend, the S1 finale will run on October 4. Maybe a marathon on the 11th? Seems like a much better way to add new viewers.

My question would be - Why are they moving it to Tuesday?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #12
Chuck_IV

I'm just getting into this show via Hulu Plus. I recorded all of season 1 when I had Directv but never got to watch it before we moved over to Charter cable.

I am currently through 5 episodes and looking to do some more this week. Now I know season 2 starts tonight, but my dilemma is that Charter in my area does NOT have WGN America.

However, I read that last year, Hulu had a deal to make each episode available the next day for Hulu Plus subs. Anyone know if the same deal is in place for this season?

Charter Cable
Chuck_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Anyone watching this season? Seems there was a decent amount of talk last year about it but nothing so far. That said, it's not nearly as good as last season but still decent. Any notice on renewal?

Spoiler about this season

Spoiler:
So it looks like this is going to end with the nuclear test in the desert. They could do one more season if they want to push it into the actual bombings in Japan.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #14
mattack

I've only watched a couple. I hope they're all still on On Demand over the Xmas break when I'll likely catch up.. (...and they're virtually always _commercial free_ on On Demand. The very first episode had one long commercial, and I think ONE other episode may have had commercials, but they were FFable.. since then, completely commercial free except for the station bumper at the very beginning for ~10 seconds.)

Old 12-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #15
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I've got them all saved up on my TiVo. We'll see if I get around to watching them while most other shows are on hiatus over the next several weeks. There are other things I have saved up that are higher priority.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:06 AM   #16
Chuck_IV

Charter FINALLY added WGN America last week but of course the season is almost over. I have episodes 8 and 9 saved currently. I am hoping they do some type of marathon soon so I can record the rest, as it is not on Hulu this year and I am not paying $1.99 per episode either.

Charter Cable
Chuck_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I've kept up on the show. I have some time in the mornings when I leave for work that I watch some shows the rest of the family doesn't watch. This is one of them.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #18
Bob Coxner

I thought season 1 was great. Season 2 started out ok but went downhill fast for me. I bailed around episode 4.

Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #19
Craigbob

I'm still with it. While not as good as season 1, this season has been mostly ok.

So is the other spy the atty?

Old 02-03-2016, 06:02 PM   #20
mrizzo80

No more Manhattan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...sons-at-861770

mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #21
ej42137

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
And they ended on a cliff-hanger! Now we'll never know whether implosion model will work when dropped from a bomber, whether they will kill innocent civilians in the demonstration, or whether the scheme to implement a Pax Atomica that will last for generations will work. Unless maybe somebody decides to do a comic, like Josh Whedon did with "Buffy"?

Old 02-03-2016, 08:22 PM   #22
SullyND
L: 44-28

It'd be nice if Netflix or AMZ picked it up - I don't get WGNA because I'm in Chicago (and get WGN). I could only watch Manhattan on VOD which was a pain.

SullyND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 PM   #23
mattack

Bummer.. Though I honestly hadn't watched the 2nd full season.. hope it'll be on On Demand for a while..

Old 02-03-2016, 10:27 PM   #24
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SullyND View Post
It'd be nice if Netflix or AMZ picked it up - I don't get WGNA because I'm in Chicago (and get WGN). I could only watch Manhattan on VOD which was a pain.
It wasn't commercial free for you on VOD?

Old 02-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I liked it, but I thought the 2nd season wasn't nearly as good as the first. I think they made a mistake airing it into September when the rest of the new shows were starting up. As a summer show, I thought it was pretty good.