Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Limitless 4/26/2016 (S01E22) "Finale: Part Two!!"

Everything about this show has become so much fun. I look forward to the next season.

And I loved the interviews at the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:30 PM   #2
john4200

I was thinking the opposite. The show really went downhill. At first, it was just barely managing to keep things plausible, but now it has just become completely absurd. I guess if you like slapstick comedy, it could be fun. But that was not why I started watching the show.

john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:36 AM   #3
Peter000

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I was thinking the opposite. The show really went downhill. At first, it was just barely managing to keep things plausible, but now it has just become completely absurd. I guess if you like slapstick comedy, it could be fun. But that was not why I started watching the show.
Why did you start watching the show?

Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
Graymalkin
Grumpy Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Everything about this show has become so much fun. I look forward to the next season. And I loved the interviews at the end.
I agree. I wasn't sure how they were going to make the concept viable for 22-episode seasons, but adding humor to the mix worked for me. But the big question is, does the FBI know? And if it does, why are they letting it slide?

Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
jth tv

I kept on (keep on) thinking the last part was an hallucination.

Last edited by jth tv; 04-27-2016 at 10:01 AM.
jth tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #6
Peter000

TC CLUB MEMBER

I enjoyed the season finale a lot. They wrapped things up nicely with room to grow. Brian should be able to do virtually anything he wants now that he has a bag of nzt and immunity from the side effects.

They really need to throw in another nonlethal side effect of usage, like the brain just needs to rest up after using NZT for a more than 12 hours.

I do hope it's renewed.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #7
DouglasPHill

The show had great creativity and as a result some of the episodes sucked, others were good.

DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth tv View Post
I kept on (keep on) thinking the last part was an hallucination.
I thought so at first, but at the end he was clearly back on NZT with no side effects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
But the big question is, does the FBI know? And if it does, why are they letting it slide?
The FBI clearly knows that he's now really immune, but we don't know how much else they know. They must at least suspect and possibly know that Piper is responsible, but I guess there's not much they can do about that with her on the run, and as Brian says he's now the only game in town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000 View Post
They really need to throw in another nonlethal side effect of usage, like the brain just needs to rest up after using NZT for a more than 12 hours.
Yeah, there has to be some kind of consequences.

Rob Helmerichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:46 PM   #9
justen_m

Quote:

I do hope it's renewed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, there has to be some kind of consequences.
Every Superman needs his Kryptonite. I'm curious to see what the writers are going to do to Brian. I hope it is something funny and not something I dislike watching. I don't want the side effects to be some "secret" that causes bad side effects that nobody has the sense to attribute to NZT. I'm thinking Superman/Supergirl Red Kryptonite episodes, people possessed by evil things that alter his/her behavior, etc.

I hope it's renewed, too. I really like this show. IMO, it is hella fun, like Lucifer. Nice mix of interesting stories, humor, and cast interaction.

justen_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:09 PM   #10
laria
Librocubicularist

I LOVE the humorous parts where Brian is having conversations with his imaginary people or imagining the silly scenarios. The Legion of Whom meetings in this ep were great.

Did it officially get renewed yet? I thought it was still up in the air.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #11
Amnesia
The Question

Not renewed yet

Amnesia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #12
scooterboy
Coney Island Small

Over the course of the season, this has sneakily become one of the rare shows that I watch on the night it airs or the next night at the latest.

I recently saw Brian as Bradley Cooper's buddy in American Sniper, making that at least two collaborations between the actors. Are they buddies in real life or something?

Old 05-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #13
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
I recently saw Brian as Bradley Cooper's buddy in American Sniper, making that at least two collaborations between the actors. Are they buddies in real life or something?
http://nypost.com/2015/09/22/how-bra...ormans-career/

Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 AM   #14
Peter000

TC CLUB MEMBER

I recently watched "Live Free or Die Hard" and McDorman had a small role as John McLane's daughter's sort-of boyfriend. Love when I see actors I like in early roles.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #15
Graymalkin
Grumpy Poster

Limitless, Supergirl, and Lucifer are the only three new shows that I will miss if they're not renewed.

Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #16
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymalkin View Post
Limitless, Supergirl, and Lucifer are the only three new shows that I will miss if they're not renewed.
Lucifer has been renewed. One of the rare shows I watch the night it airs. Love love love Lucifer!

Old 05-01-2016, 03:47 PM   #17
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
It's odd that they tied the show so heavily to the 2011 movie when you consider that the show has a completely different tone from the movie (which is fairly serious) and diverges on a couple of key plot points concerning Mora's character.

Namely in the movie,
Spoiler:

Mora pays off a chemist (not Piper/Georgina Haig) to develop a side effects free version of NZT and we're led to believe that he's successful.

And by the end of the movie (a year or so after the rest of the movie), Mora claims that he no longer needs to take NZT and his brain is permanently running at the higher level.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:29 PM   #18
Big Deficit
Happy now?

I almost dumped this one early on for being too silly, but the wife liked it and it grew on me. I appreciate the restraint by the writers to avoid sexual tension between the male and female lead. That's not common and it probably should be.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #19
mattack

I probably mentioned it in another thread, but until reading that article, I totally forgot he was in Manhattan Love Story.. which I thought was pretty decent (though I liked "A to Z" better, another short lived romantic comedy series).

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #20
Howie
Out of Pocket

I finally stopped watching this show after over half a season and 8 episodes left on my DVR. It was just too silly and not funny to me. I kept wanting to like it, but I was disappointed after nearly every episode I watched. I don't know, maybe if the Dexter woman would have let loose with some F-bombs and other choice words. I promise not to let the doorknob hit me in the butt on the way out.

Howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #21
mattack

It's not funny as in ha ha to me either, but I think what you're calling the "silliness" is what makes it entertaining and different to me. There are other lighthearted good guys vs bad guys shows (e.g. Castle), but this one with the movie parody and allusions to pop culture was just.. different than other shows, in a good way.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:18 PM   #22
sushikitten
132 down! 9 to go!

We're sad. We loved this show and it was hard watching the last two eps knowing it was the end.

That said, what a fun ride. And we loved the comedic bits.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:25 PM   #23
teknikel

I can't believe one of the most creative shows this season didn't get a chance to find an audience. Burn in...whatever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:35 PM   #24
Peter000

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikel View Post
I can't believe one of the most creative shows this season didn't get a chance to find an audience. Burn in...whatever.

I loved the show, but I think a season is plenty enough of a chance to find an audience. At least they didn't yank it after 3 episodes.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:48 PM   #25
john4200

Quote:
I loved the show, but I think a season is plenty enough of a chance to find an audience. At least they didn't yank it after 3 episodes.
For this particular show, one good season is probably all that can be managed anyway. The writers would need to be incredibly brilliant to keep the concept going for more than one season, and these writers were just average -- it was already beginning to unravel by the middle of this season. The problem, of course, is that to write about someone who is so smart, you either have to be almost as smart, or else you need to spend so much time thinking before you write that you can only write a couple episodes a year. And even if you did manage it, you soon run into the problem that someone who is so smart would have solved all his problems in short order, so there is no more story to tell.

john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:34 AM   #26
teknikel

Quote:
With so many sources for TV shows, I would have to disagree. If they could sustain that type of creativity, I think the audience could build as shows drop off. Could be the show's creators also didn't think they could continue at that pace.

teknikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:00 AM   #27
jlb
NCC-1701-D

Quote:
.... Love when I see actors I like in early roles.
Yup.....

Old 06-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #28
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikel View Post
With so many sources for TV shows, I would have to disagree. If they could sustain that type of creativity, I think the audience could build as shows drop off. Could be the show's creators also didn't think they could continue at that pace.
Unfortunately, that's not the way it seems to work. Generally, ratings drop over time...if a show doesn't catch on right away, it almost never catches on later. People make up their minds early on, and if they decide a show is not for them, nothing's going to make them change their mind. Obviously there are individual exceptions, but that seems to be the general rule these days.

Wasn't as true in the past, but it seems to be now. If a network gives a show an entire season to catch on, that's pretty generous by today's standards.

Rob Helmerichs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #29
mr.unnatural

I didn't see it specifically mentioned, but Limitless has been canceled after one season.

mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #30
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
Yup.....

Was that Apocalypse Now?