TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
astrohip
Stuart F

Last season for "Hot in Cleveland" (2015)

Quote:
After six seasons, TV Land's signature original comedy series Hot in Cleveland is calling it quits. "After five incredible seasons of Hot in Cleveland, the sixth season, currently in production, will be its last," according to TV Land.
It's had a good run. I remember when it first started, thinking "TV Land?". And also thinking "Daphne!". Set the bar high for old people shows, er I mean the over-49 demo. And credit to TV Land, they've tried a bunch of them, and a few have landed.

Ratings are still decent, so I'm guessing either (1) the well is running dry on creativity & story lines, and they're actually gonna call it quits while they're ahead, or (2) as contracts renew, the costs continues to rise, and TV Land wants to call a Numbers.

I'll miss 'em...

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Hot-in-C...d-1089366.aspx

http://tvline.com/2014/11/17/hot-in-...lled-season-7/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...eveland-749660

Quote:
TV Land confirmed on Monday the Hot in Cleveland‘s current 24-episode sixth season will be the sitcom’s last.
The sixth season just started, so assuming they make them all, and show them on the same cycle as before, the last episodes will air next September or so.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
Ereth

I love this show, but I have wondered every year how long you could continue to do a show starring a 92-year old actress.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
I love this show, but I have wondered every year how long you could continue to do a show starring a 92-year old actress.
Well, actually you could only do one year....the next season she'd be a 93-year-old actress. The season after that, she'd be a 94-year-old......

But, seriously, they ARE pushing their luck. I've enjoyed watching it with my wife. She actually enjoys it quite a bit, and it is geared more toward female viewers. But Betty White is just awesome...with even just a facial expression

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
TonyD79

I wonder if Betty's health is part of the equation. I've noticed that she is sitting a lot more this season in her scenes.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #5
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Well, actually you could only do one year....the next season she'd be a 93-year-old actress.
Very slight correction... she'll be turning 93 years old during this (sixth) season.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:37 PM   #6
YCantAngieRead
Not Entirely Current

I LOVED this show first season, and I drifted away. I look forward to catching up someday.

I don't want Betty to slowdown. I really don't. But considering my Grandma is 93 and can't walk for more than a few steps, I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
I stopped watching Hot in Cleveland back during season 4. I had "cut the cord" back then and didn't get TV Land, but I did buy season 4 on iTunes. Since re-upping our cable subscription, I did start recording Hot in Cleveland again and have most of season 5 and I'm starting to get season 6 now.

I do want to watch it at some point, and since Amazon Prime has seasons 4 and 5 available for streaming and I can watch that on my TiVo, I'll probably start catching up soon.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote