Wicked Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
any firewall running?
Nope. Ran ok 'til I killed it.
I get:

breeze-TiVo# twp
starting Tivowebplus
breeze-TiVo# /enhancements/TWPrunc.sh: /var/hack/tivowebplus/tivoweb: No such fi
le or directory

The "no such file or directory" is not good tho. I uninstalled & reran zipper. same problems. ::sigh::
stevecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:59 PM   #2913
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

Is there a way to undo/uninstall so that I can reinstall?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #2914
bommarkm

Hardware problems

I was able to telnet into the tivo and run the enhancement script. Everything went fine with that but my tivo is saying that I have a hardware problem and cannot record programs. Could I have a bad harddrive? I just bought it last week. It's a Seagate Baracuda 250 gb.

Thanks,
Kerry
bommarkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #2915
rpdre1

telnet in and type:
sh /busybox/51killer.tcl
rpdre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #2916
bommarkm

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdre1
telnet in and type:
sh /busybox/51killer.tcl
Thanks. I didn't realize that was the 51 error.
bommarkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #2917
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecon
Is there a way to undo/uninstall so that I can reinstall?
you can go to tivowebplus.sourceforge.net and download tivowebplus, un compress it
then ftp to the tivo
Old 01-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #2918
rbautch
User

Quote:
you can go to tivowebplus.sourceforge.net and download tivowebplus, un compress it
then ftp to the tivo
You can also extract the TWP archive from the tools disk, which has the extra modules, and other tweaks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #2919
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

Quote:
then ftp to the tivo

I was able to run sh tweak_uninstall.sh and then reinstalled. I can see the web servers on both machines now. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #2920
yazyazoo

I was wondering if someone who could tell me how to get the Airlink USB to Ethernet adapter to work on my Directivo. I installed the Zipper and got to the step of telnet -t vt100 tivoipaddress with the Airlink. Do I need to install the drivers when I made this Zipper drive? I don't see anything when I try to telnet.
yazyazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #2921
rpdre1

are you replacing tivoipaddress with your tivo's ip address?
rpdre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:39 PM   #2922
yazyazoo

yes I am, I put in telnet -t vt100 192.168.2.103
Should the Airlink work right off the bat without any modifactions to the zipper script?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #2923
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

the airlink won;t work until AFTER the usb 2.0 drivers are loaded when you telnet in. I suggest building a serial cable or connecting via a reccomended wired adpater to finish.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #2924
yazyazoo

Gunnyman,

I found this site for building a serial cable.

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...ble_for_Your_T

Is this correct? Also what would I type in to activate the USB 2.0 ports on the Zipper?

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:12 AM   #2925
pluto

Deleted the contents of my tweak.sh file when I tried to upgrade the enhancement script (shows as 0 file size). I tried to reinstall by ftp (Filezilla) but it seems the file on the Tivo is write protected & shows a "critical transfer error" and will not over write the file? Is this a permission issue & what is the easiest way to reinstall? I can not seem to ftp any files to the tivo although I can see the files by ftp.
pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #2926
rbautch
User

Mount your directory rw first.

or

Old 01-22-2006, 05:18 AM   #2927
cinthia

Red face Dumb Newbie Question

Ok, here goes my newbie question. Please bear with me. I have a PC for emergencies such as hacking a tivo but am a Mac user & creative writer so my left brain is weak.

I bought a PhillipsDSR704, supposedly ready to network.
The seller says all I have to do is enter the address in a browser & finish set up. I've been trying for 6 months and it doesn't work! He insists, via email that my router is not set up properly but it IS! I'm hoping someone here can explain in dummy language.

I recently switched from static to DHCP & I don't know how to do port mapping yet but here's my setup
Apple Airport Extreme Base Station routing DHCP
Assigned addresses to my iMac desktop, network printer, Networked File Storage and 2 Tivo2 units. Everything else, including this new Tivo is using dynamic but I can see the addresses. Typing the addresses of everything else brings up welcome screens so I know the router is working. The PhillipsDSR704 ip gets a window saying the browser can not connect to this address because it can not connect to this server.

The Now Playing List on both Tivo2s shows all 3 Tivos but again, I can't access the Phillips, which for some reason is called 8330. Same thing happens on the PC with Tivo2go. I get a message saying this Tivo has not been set up for sharing. Go to Tivo dot com and set it up for HMO. Obviously I can't do that or set it up in the Tivo itself so, somehow I have to get in the back door. It's system settings do say back door enabled.

Can anyone tell me if I need some special software and if so, what? Please remember you're talking to a newbie. Apparently the cracking open and blessing of the Tivo HD, whatever that means, has been done but what's the next step? anyone? anyone? Thanks for any advice you can give.

ps what the heck is an image call? I've been trying to submit this for an hour but keep getting the error message that my post contains urls or image calls? I've been deleting words by trial and error. Why the heck doesn't it highlight the offending text?
cinthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #2928
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinthia
Ok, here goes my newbie question. Please bear with me. I have a PC for emergencies such as hacking a tivo but am a Mac user & creative writer so my left brain is weak.

I bought a PhillipsDSR704, supposedly ready to network.
The seller says all I have to do is enter the address in a browser & finish set up. I've been trying for 6 months and it doesn't work! He insists, via email that my router is not set up properly but it IS! I'm hoping someone here can explain in dummy language.

I recently switched from static to DHCP & I don't know how to do port mapping yet but here's my setup
Apple Airport Extreme Base Station routing DHCP
Assigned addresses to my iMac desktop, network printer, Networked File Storage and 2 Tivo2 units. Everything else, including this new Tivo is using dynamic but I can see the addresses. Typing the addresses of everything else brings up welcome screens so I know the router is working. The PhillipsDSR704 ip gets a window saying the browser can not connect to this address because it can not connect to this server.

The Now Playing List on both Tivo2s shows all 3 Tivos but again, I can't access the Phillips, which for some reason is called 8330. Same thing happens on the PC with Tivo2go. I get a message saying this Tivo has not been set up for sharing. Go to Tivo dot com and set it up for HMO. Obviously I can't do that or set it up in the Tivo itself so, somehow I have to get in the back door. It's system settings do say back door enabled.

Can anyone tell me if I need some special software and if so, what? Please remember you're talking to a newbie. Apparently the cracking open and blessing of the Tivo HD, whatever that means, has been done but what's the next step? anyone? anyone? Thanks for any advice you can give.

ps what the heck is an image call? I've been trying to submit this for an hour but keep getting the error message that my post contains urls or image calls? I've been deleting words by trial and error. Why the heck doesn't it highlight the offending text?
Sounds like you purchased a hacked Tivo (Ebay?)
Your unit IS hacked if you can see it from your other two unit's Now Playing Screens. What your seller didn't tell you, is you cannot MRV between an unhacked Series 2 Standalone and a Hacked Series 2 Dtivo.
Tivo To Go won't work on the DTiVo either because that feature is not available in the series 2 DTiVos.
To browse the DTivo, you need something called tivoweb installed on the unit.

As for your post, new members are restricted from attatchemnts, in line pix, and urls for the 1st 5 posts
Old 01-22-2006, 07:01 AM   #2929
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo
Gunnyman,

I found this site for building a serial cable.

http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/vie...ble_for_Your_T

Is this correct? Also what would I type in to activate the USB 2.0 ports on the Zipper?

Thanks.
that's the one
once you are in with a bash prompt, just follow the rest of the zipper's instructions.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:49 AM   #2930
pmcampb

Welcome. Powering up...

Hi,
I have a HR10-250. I took a drive and used the PTR instant cake on it successfully. Then proceeded to use zipper, but when I try to boot I get the Welcome screen and it just sits there. I do get the network adapter to power up which I assume that means that the USB port got enabled. I did not have it restore the kernel. It saw my root partition as 7 and said that it had completed successfully. Did I do something wrong? Is there something that anyone can suggest?
pmcampb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:17 AM   #2931
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

didn't have it restore the kernel?
you mean that you did NOT install a hacked kernel?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:23 AM   #2932
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

To all you hacked HR10-250 owners out there: When you point your browser at your HR10-250's IP addy, and click "SCREEN" (http://192.168.0.xxx/screen/), what do you see? I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
while executing
"SendKeyAndWait dumpState"
(procedure "::action_screen" line 14)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Any thoughts?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:25 AM   #2933
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

send key prolly no worky on a HR10-250.
And I get the same error on 6.2
Old 01-22-2006, 08:26 AM   #2934
bengalfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
PTVnet is an alternative to the Zipper, so you don't need both. Justdeals ran out of the FA120's. Darn!
Check back daily. The FA120's from justdeals.com are refurbs. and they get a fresh supply from Netgear constantly.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #2935
pmcampb

Welcome. Powering up...

What I meant was that I answered no to the restore kernel question when running zipper because I already had a kernel. Was that wrong?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #2936
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

yes
you need to say yes to that
Old 01-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #2937
pmcampb

thanks. I was concerned about doing that since it said something about a 6.2 kernel, but I know that I copied the 3.15f kernel from the instant cake cd. Besides I didn't think that the kernel that came on the instant cake cd was hacked.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:56 AM   #2938
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

it isn't hacked you use the kernel from the 5 dollar boot CD per instructions.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:58 AM   #2939
pmcampb

I'll give that a try THANKS!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #2940
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecon
To all you hacked HR10-250 owners out there: When you point your browser at your HR10-250's IP addy, and click "SCREEN" (http://192.168.0.xxx/screen/), what do you see? I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
while executing
"SendKeyAndWait dumpState"
(procedure "::action_screen" line 14)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

Any thoughts?
Go to your tivowebplus directory and delete hackman.ini and hackman.cfg if they are there. Then restart TWP.

or