TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-20-2006, 06:18 PM   #2881
kimsan
underling

Zipper phase 1 no problem. Wired to the router, connected, telnet -t vt100 mode just fine.

Unfortunately I got CRLF so tweak.sh failed. Ran PuTTY and fixed the CRLR prob, but the screipt wants to go to the net to d/l enhancements. it's a no-go that way as yet.

Re-run zipper?

Help, please!

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:33 PM   #2882
charlestwaters

if you run tweak_uninstall.sh, it will remove all the files it needs, and won't find the file that is there that forces the wanted update.

Then rerun tweak.sh and you are all good! RAN into that problem myself!

--- Goobz!
charlestwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:34 PM   #2883
charlestwaters

Just for a quick note to myself.. Anyone confirm if TivoServer on the PC is compatible with HR10-250 or not? I ran it, and when it sits at the dos prompt, all I get is a "Added Tivo: ()"
Old 01-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #2884
rpdre1

it only works with SD tivos because theres no 6.2 for the HDTiVo. sorry
rpdre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #2885
charlestwaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdre1
it only works with SD tivos because theres no 6.2 for the HDTiVo. sorry
That's what I thought!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #2886
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
Zipper phase 1 no problem. Wired to the router, connected, telnet -t vt100 mode just fine.

Unfortunately I got CRLF so tweak.sh failed. Ran PuTTY and fixed the CRLR prob, but the screipt wants to go to the net to d/l enhancements. it's a no-go that way as yet.

Re-run zipper?

Help, please!
If it wants to go to the net that means you don't have the rbautch_files.tgz archive in the same directory as tweak.sh. They should both be in /hacks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #2887
dhersh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Actually I think your problem is even simpler and you don't have to rerun the Zipper. Going through guided setup does not clear MFS settings, so your fine there. Your problem is that you didn't reboot before you tried to connect. Rebooting clears the error 51 and sets your IP parameters in mfs.
Again I will start with identifying I am and idiot, but when you say I didn't reboot before I tried to connect, do you mean before I attempted to telnet to the box, or before I attempted to setup the dish. I did reboot after I had attempted to configure my round dish, and before I attempted to telnet without any success. Also I have attempted to reboot a few times since. One problem I did have was the system didn't allow me to get to the restart menu option for a while it just kept displaying the problem message. I considered just pulling the power plug hoping this was the same as rebooting but was concerned that might not do what ever rebooting was supposed to do. Finally I was able to get to this screen and reboot. Sorry I'm just rambling....

So. At this point assuming I start from scratch (Which isn't a problem for me)
Should I A

Zipper to load image,
Zipper without loading image as per instructions
Put hard drive in TiVO and as soon as I see the error message, power off (pull the power cord or get to the reboot screen)
start back up
Now I should have the ability to configure the dish and telnet to the box.
Continue with Scripts

OR B
Zipper to load image
Put hard drive in TIVO and after I receive the error message, configure the Dish
Reboot or pull the power cord
power back on
telnet to box and run script

OR C

Zipper to load image
Put hard Drive in and wait for error message to complete,
configure dish
reboot or pull the power cord
remove hard drive and zipper it again without loading image
put drive back in tivo and boot
telnet and complete zipper and reboot.

Wow that was confusing to type....

Any help is appreciated.
dhersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #2888
rbautch
User

A (that was easy to type )

or

Old 01-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #2889
charlestwaters

Quick ? for everyone! I rememer SOMEWHERE over the last 3 days or so, I remember reading a post or link of somewhere that refered me to software to convert the .ty images to .mpg or .avi for archival purposes to a DVD! Can someone help me out with that!?

--- Goobz!
Old 01-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #2890
kimsan
underling

Quote:
If it wants to go to the net that means you don't have the rbautch_files.tgz archive in the same directory as tweak.sh. They should both be in /hacks.
Thanks!

In the interim, I ran the uninstall.sh , re zippered, and was right back on my game.

tweak.sh ran great using PuTTY and specifying telnet and the non-CRLF option. Wired connection was fine. I'm hacked but have mucked up the wireless bridge part.

WAF required me to quit for tonight. I hope to have sorted through my self-induced probs in the morning.

You guys have done (and continue to do) a great job.

Thanks again!

kim
Old 01-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #2891
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestwaters
Quick ? for everyone! I rememer SOMEWHERE over the last 3 days or so, I remember reading a post or link of somewhere that refered me to software to convert the .ty images to .mpg or .avi for archival purposes to a DVD! Can someone help me out with that!?

--- Goobz!
Try This Link. I haven't made it that far just yet, but it looks promising.

Keep in mind we don't discuss Those verY special tools on the TCF.

kim
Old 01-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #2892
kimsan
underling

Followup:

Looks like it just as easy as accepting .035 as the wireless address instead of .101. I can live with that easily.

If I haven't mentioned it before, you guys are doing a great job. I read through pages of technobabble and settled for analog recordings and second class citizenship on D*'s *bleeding edge* HD drv. You're helping to turn it back into the truly useful "appliance" a TiVo was born to be.

Major hats off and dinner at "Ray's Shanty" (famous for fresh seafood, shrimp a specialty) if you ever make it to the Eastern Shore.

All that said before I've got my net working

kim
Old 01-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #2893
kimsan
underling

Interesting. I set the IP at 192.168.0.35 (default for the bridge) and it liked .029 better.

I'll figure it out later.

I'm into it for now

kim
Old 01-21-2006, 03:30 AM   #2894
noid370

Ok! OK! Ok!

I got everything working fine. But can somebody tell me if DirectTV Tivo work with
Galleon or JAVAHmo? Or is it something else out there I can use to work the same way?
noid370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:35 AM   #2895
lee espinoza
some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid370
I got everything working fine. But can somebody tell me if DirectTV Tivo work with
Galleon or JAVAHmo? Or is it something else out there I can use to work the same way?
DIRECTV TIVO will work with JavaHMO but not Galleon
lee espinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:17 AM   #2896
zardoz007

Which Cake?

My DSR704 should be here Monday. I just got a deal on a 160G HD at Best Buy. I got all the Zipper files and ready to download the PTV files. I think I read every post in this thread so now the question.

Which PTV file will I need?

They have an "ICAKE" file for 3.1.1 and for 6.2, and a "PTVNET" file for each version. I get that the PTVNET files add USB networking. The 2-part question is:

If I am making a brand new drive, why does it matter if the original was 3.1.1 or 6.2? (Why not go for the 6.2?)

And, do I need the "PTVNET" version, or does Zipper add the USB network changes?

I appreciate the work that has gone on in developing the Zipper as well as those who have posted their problems.

P.S. Gunny's favorite USB adaptor can be found at Justdeals site for 12.99 and free shipping.

Thanks
zardoz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #2897
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

instantcake 6.2 and the 5 dollar boot cd are all you need.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:32 AM   #2898
zardoz007

Good Morning, Gunny. Thanks and I look forward to being one of those "I ran the Zipper and it works great" guys.
zardoz007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #2899
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

There are quite a few of them out there. Just don't sell your tivo "to a friend"
Old 01-21-2006, 11:28 AM   #2900
charlestwaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
Try This Link. I haven't made it that far just yet, but it looks promising.

Keep in mind we don't discuss Those verY special tools on the TCF.
Of course we don't speak of those things like that on here! I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction! That link OverThere (grin) worked greeeeat!

--- Goobz!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #2901
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardoz007
My DSR704 should be here Monday. I just got a deal on a 160G HD at Best Buy. I got all the Zipper files and ready to download the PTV files. I think I read every post in this thread so now the question.

Which PTV file will I need?

They have an "ICAKE" file for 3.1.1 and for 6.2, and a "PTVNET" file for each version. I get that the PTVNET files add USB networking. The 2-part question is:

If I am making a brand new drive, why does it matter if the original was 3.1.1 or 6.2? (Why not go for the 6.2?)

And, do I need the "PTVNET" version, or does Zipper add the USB network changes?

I appreciate the work that has gone on in developing the Zipper as well as those who have posted their problems.

P.S. Gunny's favorite USB adaptor can be found at Justdeals site for 12.99 and free shipping.

Thanks
PTVnet is an alternative to the Zipper, so you don't need both. Justdeals ran out of the FA120's. Darn!

or

Old 01-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #2902
rpdre1

Quote:
PTVnet is an alternative to the Zipper, so you don't need both. Justdeals ran out of the FA120's. Darn!
I got my fa120 from them back in decemeber, good service from them.
rpdre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #2903
bommarkm

I just realized when I ran the zipper that I put the wrong SSID. Do I just rerun the zipper to change it or do I need to format the hard drive and start from the beginning?

Thanks,
Kerry
bommarkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #2904
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

re-run zipper OR connect via a serial cable or wired adapter and re-run the set ssid script
Old 01-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #2905
medicjim

Toshiba units

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
Hacking your 6.2 DirecTivo just got very easy! Rbautch and I have partnered to create a tool that completely automates the Unguide and installs his Tivo Enhancements, allowing you to completely hack your Tivo in no time at all. We thought it was the next logical step in Tivo Hacking, and so we proudly present The Zipper. The Zipper is as easy as Tivo hacking gets! Please note, I will no longer be monitoring the 6.2 to hacked 6.2 thread so if you have questions ask them in THIS one. Support for Rbautch's enhancement script will continue in his original thread.
Many thanks to principal tester Dirac, and beta testers Jasch, Tsunami, and David Platt. Special thanks to Lou Jacob for his guidance throughout the development of The Zipper.
Please note, Rbautch and I will be monitoring this thread very regularly, so PLEASE don't discuss it at "the other place" or fill up our PM Boxes with questions.
DO NOT POST ON DDB ABOUT THE ZIPPER....

Does this work on Toshiba series2 Units?
medicjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #2906
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

it it on the list of supported units?
Old 01-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #2907
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

Fa120

Quote:
www.ZipZoomFly.com has 'em for $24.95 ea / tax free & shipped 2nd day air!
stevecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 03:26 PM   #2908
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

I just installed the Zipper on 2 Tivos - one is an SD style & the other is the HD 10-250. All installed without a hitch, no errors, etc. The SD was fine, I attempted to start TWP, and got a warning, and hit KILL it thinking I was killing my original request - wrong. Now, I am unable to open the IP 192.168.0.201 in my browser. How do I fix this? I can telnet in with no problem. On the HD tivo, I have access to the webpage in it at 192.168.0.200, but on the "screen" page I get:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_screen '/' ''
invalid command name "SendKeyAndWait"
while executing
"SendKeyAndWait dumpState"
(procedure "::action_screen" line 14)
invoked from within
"::action_$action $chan $part $env"
("eval" body line 1)
invoked from within
"eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}"
--cut here--

I thought it was on this page I could change from static IPs to dynamic. I can't check this as the other webpage of the SD unit won't display. Any ideas on getting the webpage back up & changing to DHCP assigned addys?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:31 PM   #2909
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

telnet in to teh SD unit
type twp
??
Profit
As for part two of your question I have no idea since I haven't got an HDTivo so I dunno what works and what doesn't.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #2910
stevecon
Wicked Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
telnet in to teh SD unit
type twp
??
Profit
As for part two of your question I have no idea since I haven't got an HDTivo so I dunno what works and what doesn't.
Thanks - twp restarted, but I still can't connect to the webserver. ::sigh::