TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #241
tsunami

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
The process for hacking it is just different...different image, kernel, more tools need to be dowloaded to the tools disk. It can be done, but I just havent gotten around to looking at it seriously yet. I'm also skeptical about the demand for this hack, since DirecTV will be replacing this unit with a new mpeg-4 version, and swapping them out for free.
That may be true, but I would love to extend the life of my HR10-250 for a few more years. If it had all the things on it that my Series 2 has I would keep it regardless of the free upgrade.
As it is, it sits sadly waiting for me to watch one or two HD shows a week while my SD TiVO works it's tail off recording stuff left and right.

Mike
tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:23 PM   #242
mgmrick
Haven't broke yet

Smile Rbautch & Gunny

I don't know how you guys do it . Answer all the questions here and private messages on top of that. Oh by the way rbautch yours is full.

Thanks
Rick
HMO,MRV,2.0 USB,CALLERID,Serial Cable,160Gig Hardrive
gunny's unguide,rbautch scripts
mgmrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:57 AM   #243
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

I think this has been discussed before in another thread and I did a search but my eyes are now glazed over from reading this entire thread in one sitting...
1) If I had three subbed (and hacked) DTivos (for MRV) and then added and hacked a fourth w/o subbing it, could I still use that box to view prerecorded shows from the other three boxes?
2) If this does work, are there any nags or other problems I would expect to encounter?
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 AM   #244
rbautch
User

1.Yes
2.No

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 AM   #245
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Thanks.
One more quick question:
I thought I read somewhere that if a box has two drives, only one (the original) needs to be pulled and hacked, true?
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 10-22-2005, 01:52 AM   #246
rbautch
User

True.

or

Old 10-22-2005, 06:40 AM   #247
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmrick
I don't know how you guys do it . Answer all the questions here and private messages on top of that. Oh by the way rbautch yours is full.

Thanks
Rick
Caffeine
Old 10-22-2005, 09:14 AM   #248
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
I highly recomend the Netgear FA120
nice USB / ethernet adapter
The picture of the FA120 looks like the USB cable portion is separate. Is it? Do you have to supply your own? The description of what it comes with does not have the cable listed.
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 10-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #249
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

there were cables in BOTH of mine. It's detachable.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 AM   #250
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Thanks to both Gunny and rbautch for the quick respones. I am this close (puts thumb and index finger closely together) to getting my three boxes hacked. Anyone know where I can find a new hackable unit to add to my collection?
HR21-700, HR21-100
Old 10-22-2005, 11:24 AM   #251
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
Thanks to both Gunny and rbautch for the quick respones. I am this close (puts thumb and index finger closely together) to getting my three boxes hacked. Anyone know where I can find a new hackable unit to add to my collection?
Weaknees.com sells refurbed driveless DSR7000's for $35. If you don't have an existing access card to use with it, buy one from them too.

or

Old 10-22-2005, 12:13 PM   #252
summerall

I'm zippering now...

I noticed that my locals aren't available yet. How long until they come back???

Also

My tivo is not displaying in my wrt54g config page - status / local network / dhcp clients table. I can however telnet right into the tivo using 192.168.1.101. Strange??? Anyone know why its not displaying in the dhcp table?

Thanks
summerall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #253
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

my wrt54G sucks at displaying dhcp clients accurately
Locals can take up to 24 hrs to return or you can call 1-800 directv and use automated system saying you have a 711 messsage on your screen. That will re-authorize your locals automagically.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #254
summerall

Zippering DONE!!!

Can you give me instruct me how to remove the 51 error? Step by step please I'm noob.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #255
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

last sentence on the page
but, just telnet to the tivo
type 51killer.tcl
hit enter
reboot tivo
Old 10-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #256
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Weaknees.com sells refurbed driveless DSR7000's for $35. If you don't have an existing access card to use with it, buy one from them too.
I was able to find a new unit (a Hughes DVR80) at Value Electronics. As soon as it gets here I'll start "working on your Zipper" - haha.
HR21-700, HR21-100

Last edited by SteelersFan : 10-22-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:27 PM   #257
JediKnight2

Question on after zipper install.

I did the clear and delete thing and lost my logos....I also did not install the USB 2.0 drivers which I now see work with the Linksys wusb11.

Should I just run the uninstall script and resinstall running the tweak.sh file again and reinstall it? Thinking that I should be able to do this wirelessly without pulling the unit back upstairs and hard wiring it again? Thoughts, additions, deletions...

rbaucht..check your PM's
JediKnight2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:59 PM   #258
rbautch
User

Yes, uninstall and then reinstall should do the trick.

or

Old 10-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #259
eddyj

Well, my two HDVR2s were upgraded with no problems at all. Thanks to rbautch and Gunny.

Getting my network configured with the bridges was nowhere near that easy, but thanks to Gunny, all is up and running nicely now.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #260
summerall

What file do i update to password protect tivo web?

Also what are the commands to edit & save the file?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:14 PM   #261
summerall

Tivoweb >> main menu >> net config

Should I have the DHCP checkbox selected if I have my Tivo is getting its IP address from DHCP via my router?
Old 10-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #262
NYCguy

First of all i want to say Thank to everyone who made this possible.

The Zipper Couldn't be more easier

I finnaly decided to do something to my tivo after applying Sleeper back in '04.

I started from scratch and followed every step listed.
Bought PTVupgrade's Instantcake CD and LBA48 Boot CD connected drive to PC and everything went perfect.

I then remember i didnt have my tivo networked at all so i was stock on doing the next step. After search my apartment form left to right i was able to find the TiVo Null Modem Serial Cable i bought back in '04 when i first started this hobby.

I was able to use Hyperterminal and complete the script. Connected the Tivo to the TV and everything seems to be in order.

I did notice a error when i tried to record a show. It said there was a hardware problem that i needed to correct before trying to record. I intructed me to restar the system to correct it but that didnt take.

I did a delete all and it was at that screen after i left to work so hopefully that would solve it. (i think that did it last time i saw that error)

Anyway now im looking forward to Networking my Tivo, i just need advice on the hardware to buy (It has to be wireless cause i have too many cables already)

Can anyone point me to the right direction on this?

BTW: I did this on the Hughe HDVR2.
NYCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #263
JediKnight2

Linksys WUSB11 versions 2.6 or 2.8...EBAY...its all you need
Old 10-22-2005, 06:43 PM   #264
summerall

NYCguy

to get rid of the 51 hardware error you have to run

51killer.tcl

then reboot tivo. i had the same problem and this fixed the problem.

Look at post 256 from gunny man
Old 10-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #265
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight2
ver 3.0 works too. Check Tivos website for a full list of compatible adapters. Has to be 802.11b.

or

Old 10-22-2005, 07:28 PM   #266
TomK

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerall
Tivoweb >> main menu >> net config

Should I have the DHCP checkbox selected if I have my Tivo is getting its IP address from DHCP via my router?

I may be wrong but I think you shouldn't mess with this 'net config' in TivoWebPlus unless you want to give the TiVo a static address. If it works fine now via DHCP don't mess with it.
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:33 PM   #267
NYCguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight2
Thanks.. What about the router? can i go with any Wireless Router ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerall
NYCguy

to get rid of the 51 hardware error you have to run

51killer.tcl

then reboot tivo. i had the same problem and this fixed the problem.

Look at post 256 from gunny man
Thanks guys for making it so easy

Last edited by NYCguy : 10-22-2005 at 07:50 PM.
NYCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 07:50 PM   #268
JediKnight2

I havent experienced any wireless router problems and I have used both Linksys wireless and Netgear wireless routers...The only time you have to worry about compatibility is usually when you buy an AP or bridge...some manufacturers make those only compatible with their router hardware...
Old 10-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #269
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyj
Well, my two HDVR2s were upgraded with no problems at all. Thanks to rbautch and Gunny.

Getting my network configured with the bridges was nowhere near that easy, but thanks to Gunny, all is up and running nicely now.
YAY
I guess I don't have to drive to Miami tomorrow eh?
Old 10-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #270
bnm81002

Quote:
Anyone interested in testing a new Zipper feature, please PM me. You must have an image on your tools disk.

ok Russ,
it 2 days ALREADY, any update on this
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote