TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #1531
Runch Machine

rbautch, any idea when you will have a chance to work on the next version of your script for HD Tivos? I love having Caller ID and am tempted to install beta5 on my upgraded HD Tivo, but will wait if you think it will be soon. Thanks again.
DirecTV HR20 DVR with 1 terrabyte Drive inside.
Runch Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #1532
toadleyb

I am in a quandry. I can't talk about Zipper at the other forum and there are certain things we can't talk about here. My question has to do with Zipper and one of the topics we can't discuss here. Can I PM someone?

I guess this is the main reason the other forum doesn't like programs like Zipper cause they don't want to hold people's hands like me!

I have been reading and reading at the other forum for 3 days and can't figure out the answer to my question.

Thanks

Todd
toadleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #1533
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

the zipper has nothing to do with extraction if that's what you are hinting around at. You can just ask your extract question at ddb without mentioning zipper.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:40 PM   #1534
toadleyb

Well actually what I am trying to do is unscramble previously recorded shows and was not sure at what point to start. Do I need to run killhdinitrd, do I just start with monte? I am still reading up on these things and am starting to get a grasp of it. I was just not sure how much of this was already accomplished by the Zipper.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #1535
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

you definitely can't talk about that here
but look at ddb for info on monte
you tivo is already had killhdinitrd applied to it.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #1536
towndrunk

So if I've just set up my Tivo with the Zipper I won't be able to pull my recorded shows off of the Tivo to my computer? I'm gradually starting to learn what it is that I put on my Tivo since I used other methods before. Thanks putting this outthere.

And just so I don't get in any trouble, what are these topics that we aren't supposed to talk about here?
towndrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #1537
toadleyb

Thanks Gunnyman, I will keep reading about monte! Thanks again for the great Zipper.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:58 PM   #1538
Diana Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by towndrunk
...And just so I don't get in any trouble, what are these topics that we aren't supposed to talk about here?
See: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=219548

Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:09 PM   #1539
towndrunk

That posting is a little vague. It doesn't really say what the .tivo file conversion is. Just proves that I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks.
towndrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:25 PM   #1540
Mr. Belboz
version 1.0.3

I read about 8 or so pages of this thread, and didn't see this question, or it wasn't answered.

Does this work with a Series 1 DTiVo? I have one of the original Philips models.

I gotta have more cowbell
Mr. Belboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #1541
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

no
Old 12-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #1542
lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by towndrunk
So if I've just set up my Tivo with the Zipper I won't be able to pull my recorded shows off of the Tivo to my computer? I'm gradually starting to learn what it is that I put on my Tivo since I used other methods before. Thanks putting this outthere.

And just so I don't get in any trouble, what are these topics that we aren't supposed to talk about here?
The topic heading for the this subforum says:

Quote:
NOTE...No talk of any type of service theft or video extraction is allowed.
I don't think I'd split hairs and talk about audio extraction either.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #1543
matrix165

mega dittos and a couple questions

first of all thanks for your efforts.

i first tried to research my questions with the search key, but apparently it doesnt like me. . because i cant believe, i am the first to ask these questions.

i assume that zipper turns off, encryption?

if you run zipper on your existing tivo drive,(i know i should use a backup:-) with all of your existing recordings, does it erase or make them unuseable?
matrix165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #1544
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

matrix
Your shows will be fine
edit: never got megga dittos before Thanks!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #1545
nathan909

What is the newest version of tivoweb for my DTiVo?

I'm asking because im trying to use xbox tivox1.3 but in the notes said it requires tivoweb 1.9.4 and the zipper installed 1.2.1

This is what im trying to do:

jonsthoughtsoneverything,com/2005/08/03/tivo-xbox-media-center-pluging-updated
nathan909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #1546
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runch Machine
rbautch, any idea when you will have a chance to work on the next version of your script for HD Tivos? I love having Caller ID and am tempted to install beta5 on my upgraded HD Tivo, but will wait if you think it will be soon. Thanks again.
Beta 5 will work fine, and you can run the enhancement script to get caller ID. I'm working on the tivoapp patches to permanently enable 30-sec skip, disable encryption, enable backdoors, and enable menu sort. That part won't be ready for a few more days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:47 PM   #1547
adoubler

Hello, this is my first post, so I hope it isin't to stupid. I've been trying to reinstall zipper as my tivowebplus directory is missing. Anyway when I try to run sh tweak.sh at bash I get enhancements directory detected run uninstall. When I run sh tweak_uninstall.sh I get no such file or directory. I have everything working but tivowebplus. I would appreciate any help very much. Buy the way my hacks are on a 708. We use it everyday so I have been afraid of loosing my programing. I should be getting a 704 any day that I will be able to play with to my hearts content without the fear of screwing it up! Who knows maybe someday I will be able to post help for someone. Rick
adoubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #1548
Runch Machine

I think I wait a few days till you get the patches done. 30 second skip is a must have and it will be nice that it doesn't go away.

Have you made any changes to the Stadard Def DirecTivo menus during the last week? The menu is different than before the script. There is a demo entry for name search that doesn't work and is unnecessary under pick programs to record. Also, the standby option is not on the main menu anymore, it moved to the messages and settings menu. If I were to rerun the script, would anything have changed?

Last edited by Runch Machine : 12-02-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:06 PM   #1549
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan909
What is the newest version of tivoweb for my DTiVo?

I'm asking because im trying to use xbox tivox1.3 but in the notes said it requires tivoweb 1.9.4 and the zipper installed 1.2.1

This is what im trying to do:

jonsthoughtsoneverything,com/2005/08/03/tivo-xbox-media-center-pluging-updated
tivowebPLUS is 1.2.1
tivoweb is out of date and no longer being maintained.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #1550
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runch Machine
I think I wait a few days till you get the patches done. 30 second skip is a must have and it will be nice that it doesn't go away.

Have you made any changes to the SD DirecTivo menus during the last week? The menu is different than before the script. There is a demo entry for name search that doesn't work and is unnecessary. Also, the standby option is not on the main menu anymore. If I were to rerun the script, would anything have changed?
The changes to the SDTivo menus came from superpatch.
Standby has been moved to system information, and the demo thing has been added.
I have no idea if a script has been written yet to get rid of the demo menu.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #1551
Runch Machine

What else does superpatch do? Is it necesary to the other added functions such as music and video access to files on other computers? If it is not necessary can the script run without it?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #1552
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

with no super patch you get no backdoors, no HMO, no MRV and nag screens if you aren't running fakecall. (And a few other unmentionable items one of which rhymes with decryption)
Old 12-02-2005, 09:22 PM   #1553
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoubler
Hello, this is my first post, so I hope it isin't to stupid. I've been trying to reinstall zipper as my tivowebplus directory is missing. Anyway when I try to run sh tweak.sh at bash I get enhancements directory detected run uninstall. When I run sh tweak_uninstall.sh I get no such file or directory. I have everything working but tivowebplus. I would appreciate any help very much. Buy the way my hacks are on a 708. We use it everyday so I have been afraid of loosing my programing. I should be getting a 704 any day that I will be able to play with to my hearts content without the fear of screwing it up! Who knows maybe someday I will be able to post help for someone. Rick
Try navigating to your /hacks directory first before runnint the uninstall script.

or

Old 12-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #1554
solsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
For those asking about my netwok setup.
My wireless G Bridged setup is nearly identical in speed from when I was straight wired. There is aparrantly a lot of overhead in tivo-tivo xfers.
Right now my Tivo is zippered and configured as a wired device. I'd like to add wireless functionality. It seems like I have two choices: I can try to emulate Gunny's set up by plugging my NetGear wired adapter into my Apple Airport Express (which already sits behind my tv) and use that as a wireless G bridge (if that's even possible given that this Apple product connects to my PC). Or I can buy an additional wireless B adapter and switch between that and the wired adapter depending on the file size.

How would these two paths impact the entries I make when the Zipper asks if my Tivo is wireless? If I went the second path (wireless B adapter), would I be able to hot-swap to the wired adapter when I want to transfer a big file?

If I went the first path (wireless bridge), would I give the zipper the SSID of the bridge?

Thanks for any insight!
solsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #1555
adoubler

I looked for hacks directory but don't have one. I have a hack directory but it only has telnet in it. I see the zipper files in enhancments directory. I can not find tweak_uninstall.sh anywhere. Like I said tivowebplus is only thing I have never got to work. I really do appreciate all your hard work on the zipper and know I must have screwed this up somehow. Rick
adoubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 10:03 PM   #1556
nathan909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyman
tivowebPLUS is 1.2.1
tivoweb is out of date and no longer being maintained.
The Zipper worked great, Installation was a breeze via your instructions.
Thanks for all your hard work!!

But Iím having a problem with the following:

Viewing Tivo ty files on my pc via TiVoWebPLUS dose work but takes some time before the media played begins to play the file. (Sometimes 7 mins. depending on the size of the file)

Iím also using TivoX1.3 with XBMC. It does work, I can view Now playing and channelson the XBOX, but the ty files do not stream over. My TiVo is running mPlayer and ccxstream anlong with xboxtv.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
-Nathan
Old 12-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #1557
nathan909

Old 12-02-2005, 11:33 PM   #1558
joeblow17

300gb replacement on HDVR2

OK last week I was having problems with my 160gb drive I upgraded via slices from 4.0x to 6.2 it ended up that the hard drive was the problem it crashed shortly after I reimaged. So I bought a 300gb Seagate and ran the zipper. It seemed to be fine, but when I put it back in my TIVO it just reboots after a few minutes after going to the DIRECTV logo. Then a green screen pops up saying there is a critical error and to leave it on for up to 3 hours to repair itself but less than a minute or two later it reoots again. I tried reimaging twice same proble...Any ideas???
joeblow17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #1559
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solsurfer
Right now my Tivo is zippered and configured as a wired device. I'd like to add wireless functionality. It seems like I have two choices: I can try to emulate Gunny's set up by plugging my NetGear wired adapter into my Apple Airport Express (which already sits behind my tv) and use that as a wireless G bridge (if that's even possible given that this Apple product connects to my PC). Or I can buy an additional wireless B adapter and switch between that and the wired adapter depending on the file size.

How would these two paths impact the entries I make when the Zipper asks if my Tivo is wireless? If I went the second path (wireless B adapter), would I be able to hot-swap to the wired adapter when I want to transfer a big file?

If I went the first path (wireless bridge), would I give the zipper the SSID of the bridge?

Thanks for any insight!
I've had great success with wirelss b adapters. Better than real time transfers and dirt cheap. If you go this route, see the wireless link in my sig for instructions, and you can swap the adapters freely (although I'm not sure why you'd want to). If you use a bridge, you don't have to set any wireless settings in the tivo, since you'll be using a wired adapter to connect to the bridge. Plenty of instructions on how to set it up.

or

Old 12-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #1560
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan909
The Zipper worked great, Installation was a breeze via your instructions.
Thanks for all your hard work!!

But Iím having a problem with the following:

Viewing Tivo ty files on my pc via TiVoWebPLUS dose work but takes some time before the media played begins to play the file. (Sometimes 7 mins. depending on the size of the file)

Iím also using TivoX1.3 with XBMC. It does work, I can view Now playing and channelson the XBOX, but the ty files do not stream over. My TiVo is running mPlayer and ccxstream anlong with xboxtv.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
-Nathan
Thats beyond the scope of this thread, which is for Zipper questions only. Start a new thread in underground forum.

or