TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #11791
andyho

hdvr2 problem after update

I'm having problem with the HDVR2 Directv Tivo. I think the problem started like a week ago when the unit rebooted, and got stuck with "Powering up" screen. I had 6.2 OS /w Zipper Hack Script and it worked for many years until last week. I reinstalled the whole thing from scratch, and after a successful "acquiring information from satellite", it got stuck in "Powering up" screen after a reboot. I've also tried installing v3.0.15 OS /w fakecall and other hack installed(image from many years ago). The image works fine, and I can reboot without a problem until I did a successful "acquiring information from satellite". Everything works fine until the unit is rebooted, and then it get stuck in "Powering up" screen. From that, I think Directv send something down that disable the unit. Anyone else having the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.
andyho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #11792
wliu

How do I save the new IP setting?

I used the net-launch.sh (also tried running the TivoWebPlus’ Net Config) to change my IP and gateway, but after a reboot, my old IP setting came back. How do I save the new IP setting? Thanks.
wliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #11793
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wliu View Post
I used the net-launch.sh (also tried running the TivoWebPlus’ Net Config) to change my IP and gateway, but after a reboot, my old IP setting came back. How do I save the new IP setting? Thanks.
Try setting IP params in Tivowebplus and see if the same thing happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #11794
TheHoleK

Zipper with 2 hard drives

Thank you for all the time you have dedicated to TiVo hacking. I'm wondering if there is a way to use The Zipper with 2 hard drives. I know that Instantcake's installation script gives the option but I haven't seen any information about doing this with The Zipper and your isomaker script.
TheHoleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #11795
TheHoleK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch View Post
Here is a full list of adapters from the modified usb.map. These drivers will work will all Zippered 6.2 Tivos
Will the TiVo AG0100 Wireless G USB Network Adapter work?
Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #11796
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoleK View Post
Thank you for all the time you have dedicated to TiVo hacking. I'm wondering if there is a way to use The Zipper with 2 hard drives. I know that Instantcake's installation script gives the option but I haven't seen any information about doing this with The Zipper and your isomaker script.
Yes. Use the Zipper to hack the main drive, and then mfs tools to add the second drive. Or use Instantcake to restore the image, then run the Zipper on the main drive.

or

Old 09-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #11797
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoleK View Post
Will the TiVo AG0100 Wireless G USB Network Adapter work?
No.

or

Old 09-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #11798
TheHoleK

Thanks a lot for your replies. I've been having difficulty getting the Zipper to work on a more modern PC (nVidia 680i chipset/Intel Core 2 Quad) which seems to be related to the fact that I have a SATA CD-ROM drive. dmesg reports it as /dev/hdk; however, when I try and mount it, I get an error.
I've been able to successfully Zipper and then expand to the second drive using an old computer at work. But it shows why I hate Linux

Thank you again for all the hard work and continued support.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1(2).JPG (41.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2(2).JPG (12.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 09-29-2010, 02:54 AM   #11799
cyntax01
Cyntax01

check your /dev directory... do you have a hdk there? if not, its beyond the boot script,
try cat /proc/partitions to see where you actually have data to load...
the tivo drive will be the one with /dev/hdxX with 1-15ish partitions.
if you're using a USB drive with the MSFLive disc, you'll need to connect the drive to the USB port closest to USB0 port on the mobo (so you'll get /dev/sda, /sdb or something closer) than where you're trying to mount from.
cyntax01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #11800
darrin75

I have confirmed dsr704 with 6.2 works wireless with Madcatz wireless n
darrin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #11801
darrin75

Needs to added to zipper

This needs to added to the zipper. To put network and phone settings back on 6.2 Dtivos
Attached Files
File Type: zip superpatch Phone & Network.zip (7.7 KB, 17 views)
darrin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #11802
Rodney
TiVo'd since 9/17/01

I have a Directivo, but I no longer have DirecTV. This HR10-250 is full of shows that I would like to extract the recordings and move them to a computer. Would the zipper do the job, or is there something else I should use?
3 TiVo Premieres expanded to 318 HD hours
1 Roamio Pro w/lifetime
Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:46 AM   #11803
Drewster
Shooting blanks

What serial settings work with a Hughes HDVR2? I've had good luck with 115200/8/n/1, ad XON/XOFF. However, I can *not* get zmodem transfer to work.

From googling around a bit, it seems common to use 9600/8/n/1, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

I've tried PuTTy and SecureCRT. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #11804
Drewster
Shooting blanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
What serial settings work with a Hughes HDVR2? I've had good luck with 115200/8/n/1, ad XON/XOFF. However, I can *not* get zmodem transfer to work.

From googling around a bit, it seems common to use 9600/8/n/1, but that doesn't seem to work for me.

I've tried PuTTy and SecureCRT. Thanks for any suggestions.
Turns out 115200/8/n/1, *no* handshaking is the ticket.

Also, SecureCRT's zmodem is borked. Good old HyperTerminal worked just fine.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #11805
bigdogtrucker

does any one have the remote codes for a newly purchased CURTIS lcd hd tv they are not listed in my tv series 2
bigdogtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #11806
Drewster
Shooting blanks

My HDV2 with 6.4a seems to have forgotten which drivers to use for the Linksys USB200M v2 adapter. The HDVR was originally zippered with 6.2, and then upgraded to 6.4 via the slicer tool.

Any recommendations for restoring the right drivers? I notice that there's a bunch of things under /platform now. Judging by the datestamps, I'm guessing that's the new 6.4 stuff.

I have the full Zipper package. Which drivers are for the HDVR2?

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #11807
splicer

Any way to enable network remote control to use the iphone as a remote on my zippered tivo? It works good on the series 3.
splicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 PM   #11808
FredThompson

HR10-250 questions

Will the Zipper fully work on ALL HR10-250 units?

IIRC, the RID chip brought in OS checksumming which was a problem for loading additional software, including TivoWeb.

I have S1 and S2 SD DTivos. The power supply on one just web caput and the price for the HR10-250 on ebay is about the same as an SD so I've decided to get an HR10-250. I'm aware the receiver ID needs to be verified with DTV as they will only activate fully owned units.

Also, (Yes, I know this is a little lazy. I'll start to hunt for the answer myself) are there updated to the any of the TivoWeb components of the Zipper? tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-091208 appears to by the most recent TivoWeb build. I'm looking for a way to bulk undelete, extended the recording time of a current recording and anything which might be helpful for small format web browsers (smart phone.)
FredThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #11809
bsdimp

HR10-250 problems after zippering

Greetings,

I have a minor problems I'd like to track down. I zippered by tivo with an instantcake image 6.4a. It is a DirecTivo model HR10-250.

It is working great, with one issue. I don't know how to solve that issue and thought maybe people here could help.

I setup a bunch of season passes and recored a bunch of shows using the on-screen menus. These were recording great. I was able to look at things via the web, etc. Life was good.

So, I tried to record some shows over the next few days using the web interface. That's when my problems began. I did this at 2:00pm this afternoon. I then went to my Tivo at 3:45pm to watch something, but I couldn't get anything to play right. Every time I selected a show, it would go to the "new" screen and act like it was going to let me start it. Then a second or two later it would return me to the screen I started from.

So let's say I recorded NOVA with a season pass. There was one NOVA, so I was able to select 'Now Playing' on screen, then move to NOVA. I selected this item. Rather than seeing the usual Play, delete, keep, etc screen with a description of NOVA, it returned immediately to the main screen.

Has anybody seen this? How the heck do I track down what caused this (I see nothing in the logs that looks wrong)? This is the second time this has happened (I reimaged the disk Tuesday and it happend on Wednesday after similar chain of events).

At least I've installed mfs_ftp this time, and have been able to snag all the shows that I recorded, so I'll be able to watch them if I have to reimage (main motivation of grabbing it was to watch shows). I've removed scrambling, so I should be good. The last Tivo I had died, and I lost all the shows I'd recorded on it, which made me sad and motivated

Can anybody help? Even a little?

Warner
bsdimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #11810
bsdimp

Turns out that the version of TivoWebPlus I was trying was 2.1.b2. This version came with zipper, but is not compatible with 6.4a on a HR10-250. With a lot of headache, I discovered that the latest TivoWebPlus from the sourceforge project works (one minor hack is needed to libs/rec.itcl to get it to make the ToDo list page work).

I discovered no way to recover short of reimaging. At least I took a backup of all my shows before I did that...

edited: if you kill the season pass via the web, then things work again, this turns out to be a well known problem with 6.3 software, but the test didn't include 6.4 software that I have. The result: creating a season pass causes problems. The good news is that if I extend the 6.3 work around to 6.4, I can create a season pass for any station I already have a season pass for. I'll see if I have enough kharma to post a patch...

Last edited by bsdimp : 01-10-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: new data
Old 01-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #11811
bsdimp

small patch needed for tivowebplus 2.1.b3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdimp View Post
Turns out that the version of TivoWebPlus I was trying was 2.1.b2.
I'll see if I have enough kharma to post a patch...
OK. I've updated to 2.1.b3 (or the latest source forge cvs version, they differ a little). I've applied the following patch, and season passes no longer bork the TiVo UI. Now, to locate the TivoWebPlus development thread and post it there too..
Attached Files
File Type: txt twp-cvs-110109+bsdimp-r2-nws.diff.txt (1.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #11812
wliu

DNS for downloading the latest Enhancement script

Does anyone know the new DNS for downloading the latest Enhancement script?

The error I got after running sh tweak.sh

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
Connecting to www.mastersav.com[69.90.236.30]:80
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]:
wliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #11813
hdog
hdog

Smile www.mastersav.com back up

This should work now. The site is back up as of Thursday, 4/14/2011
Hope it stays up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wliu View Post
Does anyone know the new DNS for downloading the latest Enhancement script?

The error I got after running sh tweak.sh

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
Connecting to www.mastersav.com[69.90.236.30]:80
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]:

hdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #11814
elroy

It has been ages since I've messed with my Series 2 DirecTivos (both DSR7000) and I want to start over from scratch but there are now 394 pages to this thread and the WiKi doesn't say a thing about software versions. If memory serves me well, I can't use 6.4a because I would loose the ability to view recording stored on one unit from the other, is that correct?

Also, does anyone have anything they'd like to add/change about the information found at http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_zipper.html?

Thanks in advance!
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #11815
texster

To watch a program recorded on another unit, you need Multi Room Viewing, or MRV. MRV is possible with 6.2a, but it was stripped out of 6.4

For additional help with the zipper see here:

http://www.dvrpedia.com/Main_Page
texster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #11816
elroy

Thank's texster
elroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:39 AM   #11817
rpweaver

I am frustrated. How do I get the Zipper to work with 62small.mfs? Zipper will not extract the image (do I need to rename something?) If I create a drive with 62small restored on it, the Zipper says no kernel was installed. The zipper_tools directory has custom_kernels in it with vmlinux-7.2-Gen04.px, vmlinux-81-Gen04.px, vmlinux-Gen05.px, vmlinux-Gen06.px, vmlinux-TGC01.px. The iso creator does not complain about anything (renamed 62small.iso, created from 62small.mfs by Roxio Easy Media Creator, to instantcake.iso). I don't get the "CREATING ZIPPER_UNIVERSAL_CD.iso WITHOUT THE IMAGE" error. Other threads say the kernel needs to be in another directory. I looked at the text of zipper and don't totally understand what it does but I assume
IF NOT EXIST "instantcake*.iso" GOTO ADD_FILES
:IC_IMAGE_EXTRACT
IF EXIST "000001" echo Found an image in your tools folder. & echo Will not extract a new from your Instantcake iso & GOTO ADD_FILES
echo Extracting Tivo image from your Instantcake iso...
copy instantcake*.iso .. 1>nul
ren instantcake*.iso temp2.iso 2>nul
move temp2.iso .. 2>nul
cd ..
miso temp2.iso -py -f .images -x zipper_tools\ 000001 1>nul
:: IF ERRORLEVEL 1 echo COULD NOT EXTRACT THE IMAGE FROM YOUR INSTANTCAKE ISO & echo CREATING ZIPPER_UNIVERSAL_CD.iso WITHOUT THE IMAGE
del temp2.iso 2>nul
cd zipper_tools

and
IF EXIST instantcake*.iso move instantcake*.iso zipper_tools\ 1>nul
mkdir temp\ 2>nul
miso zipper_universal_CD.iso -py -x temp\ 000001 1>nul
IF EXIST temp\000001 echo Created zipper_universal_CD.iso WITH Tivo image.
IF NOT EXIST temp\000001 echo Created zipper_universal_CD.iso WITHOUT Tivo image.
del temp\000001 2>nul

This is what does it.

The resulting iso is smaller than 62small.mfs, this can't be.
Command prompt says "miso" is not a valid command, what does it do? Is it batch only command?
There is so much stuff out there it almost takes a phd dissertation to find anything.
rpweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #11818
rpweaver

DUH! OK, I'm blind, I see the miso.exe in the zipper. Sorry for that part. The rest still stands. Where do I put the image if it is not instantcake?
Old 09-11-2011, 01:55 AM   #11819
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpweaver View Post
DUH! OK, I'm blind, I see the miso.exe in the zipper. Sorry for that part. The rest still stands. Where do I put the image if it is not instantcake?
I don't exactly remember but look at the directory layout in the instructions; put it wherever the 000000001 file (however many actual zeros) is supposed to be and rename it 000001 (or whatever number of zeros).
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 AM   #11820
rpweaver

OK, this is not working well but I am making s l o w progress inspite of no help being offered here. I copied and renamed one of the kernel files to the directory Zipper expected to find it. Zipper then copied the file and finished (I assume) normally. (No image copied.) I have 6.4a on the drive. When I start the DTIVO, I get gibberish over the serial cable. 9 characters, I think. This is the case no matter what baud rate I pick. I don't have a network adapter yet so I am trying the serial cable. Does this work and does the custom kernel with "6" in the name work with 6.4a or just 6.2? It does not get past the Powering up screen. What do I do for the serial cable. I found a reference about using the serial cable in case the network is having problems but not how to use it with Zipper. WIKI Link is broken from http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_zipper.html I am using a Hughes DVR80 (S2 dtivo)