TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-21-2006, 09:11 PM   #8821
WhyMe

On some of my older units I was going to re-tweak to get the updated programs and such. When I do the uninstall and tweak it doesnt say anything about checking for lastest enhancements and just reinstalls. 2 of my units are on TWP 1.2 and one on 1.3....Any ideas Thanks
WhyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #8822
luder

Guy i just figure it out it's not the zipper 2.6 it's the PTV boot cd that's not going to prompt what do i do here??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #8823
sk33t3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevddawg
My HR10-250 fails to download "latest Enhancement script".

Late last night I went through the process of building a new drive for my Tivo, following the instructions on the Zipper web site to the letter. Everything was going great for a while. I installed the new drive in my Tivo, booted, and was able to connect to it with telnet. On Step 4D (Run the Enhancement Script), I entered the command "/hacks/tweak.sh" and get "wget: error while loading shared libraries:". It asks me if I want to "Adjust DNS and try again?". Neither answer seems to help. Note that I definitely have internet connectivity from the Tivo -- I can ping both my cable router's IP address (192.168.1.1), and my high speed internet provider's DNS server (68.87.77.130). (Everything is shown below.)

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly!!

bash-2.02# /hacks/tweak.sh

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
wget: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file:
No such file or directory
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]: y
Setting DNS settings in /etc/resolv.conf...

Done. Please re-run tweak.sh. Exiting...
rm: /enhancements: No such file or directory
bash-2.02# /hacks/tweak.sh

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
wget: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file:
No such file or directory
Download failed. Adjust DNS and try again? [y/n]: n
Make sure your Tivo is connected to the internet, and
your network settings are correct. Exiting...
rm: /enhancements: No such file or directory
bash-2.02#

bash-2.02# ping 192.168.1.1
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=8.0 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=3.1 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=2.9 ms

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 2.9/4.6/8.0 ms

bash-2.02# ping 68.87.77.130
PING 68.87.77.130 (68.87.77.130): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 68.87.77.130: icmp_seq=0 ttl=55 time=39.1 ms
64 bytes from 68.87.77.130: icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=18.5 ms
64 bytes from 68.87.77.130: icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=17.0 ms
64 bytes from 68.87.77.130: icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=15.8 ms

--- 68.87.77.130 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 15.8/22.6/39.1 ms
bash-2.02#
Just download it to your pc and transfer it ftp or through teraterm serial port
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:26 PM   #8824
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevddawg
My HR10-250 fails to download "latest Enhancement script".

Late last night I went through the process of building a new drive for my Tivo, following the instructions on the Zipper web site to the letter. Everything was going great for a while. I installed the new drive in my Tivo, booted, and was able to connect to it with telnet. On Step 4D (Run the Enhancement Script), I entered the command "/hacks/tweak.sh" and get "wget: error while loading shared libraries:".
This will fix it. For future reference, whenever I get an unidentified error, searching on that error usually reveals a solution.

or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #8825
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyMe
On some of my older units I was going to re-tweak to get the updated programs and such. When I do the uninstall and tweak it doesnt say anything about checking for lastest enhancements and just reinstalls. 2 of my units are on TWP 1.2 and one on 1.3....Any ideas Thanks
Try replacing tweak.sh with the version that's in the first post of this thread.

or

Old 12-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #8826
vMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder
Guy i just figure it out it's not the zipper 2.6 it's the PTV boot cd that's not going to prompt what do i do here??
Are you trying to use a USB keyboard?
vMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:18 AM   #8827
luder

I finally got ptv boot cd and zipper it was caused by my sata drive in the pc... but, in the zipper it's asking for a 3 digits of a service number ??

does anyone know what it is

luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:22 AM   #8828
rpdre1

The service number is in the back of your Tivo.

The first three digits of a service number for a Hughes SD-DVR80 (which is in your sig) are 351.
rpdre1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 AM   #8829
Neoistheone2000

i was playing around in tivo web pluse and i seen an option for DHCP so me thinking that all i had to do was seach the DHCP client table in my router and get the ip address enabled it now i cant get in to my tivowebpluse i have to use a serial cable now if someone can help me disable DHCP through the bash command line i would be great full..

do i have to reinstall the zipper to fix this?
Neoistheone2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #8830
kimsan
underling

51killer.tcl MIA

Gunny and Russ,

The latest busybox archive 10-Nov-06 is missing 51killer.tcl.

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #8831
peteyg

Anyone out there using a zipped Dtivo & using a Mac?
Are you using Tivotool?

Seems like I needed to do a lot more hacking to work with tivotool.....
ie. nearly all my recordings are still encrypted

HELP!
peteyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #8832
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
Gunny and Russ,

The latest busybox archive 10-Nov-06 is missing 51killer.tcl.
I know. The busybox that accompanies the Zipper is the one shown in my signature, and released under the terms I listed. Alphawolf copyrighted his busybox release, including 51killer. If you run the Zipper and tweak.sh according to directions, you should never have a need for it. If you do, you'll have to download it yourself.

or

Old 12-22-2006, 10:50 AM   #8833
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoistheone2000
i was playing around in tivo web pluse and i seen an option for DHCP so me thinking that all i had to do was seach the DHCP client table in my router and get the ip address enabled it now i cant get in to my tivowebpluse i have to use a serial cable now if someone can help me disable DHCP through the bash command line i would be great full..

Try running the /enhancements/net-launch.sh script. If you don't have it, run the enhancement script in my sig to get it and other hacks.

or

Old 12-22-2006, 11:41 AM   #8834
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:

That will teach ya not to use DHCP for more info see my sig. Rbautch suggestion works the wiki has more info.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #8835
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
I know. The busybox that accompanies the Zipper is the one shown in my signature, and released under the terms I listed. Alphawolf copyrighted his busybox release, including 51killer. If you run the Zipper and tweak.sh according to directions, you should never have a need for it. If you do, you'll have to download it yourself.
Trying again. Yesterdays results yielded a 6.3a box with an error 51 and 32. 32 tells me it has problems when trying to find programs to record.

Also noted when viewing the Now Playing List, I could only play or delete. no program info showed up if I selected, just the titles. Prolly a symptom of #32.

Trying again from scratch, reading the instructions as I go along.

kim
Old 12-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #8836
cr33p

Quick question to anyone who may be able to help. I recently zippered 3 dsr 704 machines, one of my machines is experiancing an issue with not accepting local channels. Yes the other Tivos in the house are recieving local channels, so I believe it should not be a problem with the dish itself or service to the house. On this machine all other channels come in perfectly. The error on the screen tells me to call D*. Has anyone experianced this problem before? Is this because the Tivo does not dial out anymore? One thing that is different about this machine vs the others is that its a brand new hard drive with a brand new image. So its basically brand new LOL, Does that matter or have anything to do with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks to all the help I have recieved in the past.
cr33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #8837
Xtra7973

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr33p
Quick question to anyone who may be able to help. I recently zippered 3 dsr 704 machines, one of my machines is experiancing an issue with not accepting local channels. Yes the other Tivos in the house are recieving local channels, so I believe it should not be a problem with the dish itself or service to the house. On this machine all other channels come in perfectly. The error on the screen tells me to call D*. Has anyone experianced this problem before? Is this because the Tivo does not dial out anymore? One thing that is different about this machine vs the others is that its a brand new hard drive with a brand new image. So its basically brand new LOL, Does that matter or have anything to do with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks to all the help I have recieved in the past.
Call 800-directv and through the automated process punch in code 721 and it will reset your locals. If you have to speak to a person just tell them you did a clear and delete because your tivo was running slow and your locals are now gone. They will send a signal down from the mothership that will hit your box and open up your locals again.
Xtra7973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #8838
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsan
Trying again. Yesterdays results yielded a 6.3a box with an error 51 and 32. 32 tells me it has problems when trying to find programs to record.

Also noted when viewing the Now Playing List, I could only play or delete. no program info showed up if I selected, just the titles. Prolly a symptom of #32.

Trying again from scratch, reading the instructions as I go along.
Even if you get the error, after running tweak.sh and rebooting, it should be gone. You also have to answer no when the zipper asks you if you have any existing recordings you want to keep. Actually, the question should be do you have any encrypted recordings you want to keep.

or

Old 12-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #8839
goony

A subtle gotcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan
It looks like cron doesn't like the 4,7 for the days of the week. I chnged it back to 1,4 and the error messages went away.
Some Unix cron flavors count days-of-the-week as 0 thru 6 (7 would be invalid), others count them as 1 thru 7.
goony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #8840
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goony
Some Unix cron flavors count days-of-the-week as 0 thru 6 (7 would be invalid), others count them as 1 thru 7.
That's what I was thinking. I guess maybe AW's AIO instructions are incorrect?
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:20 PM   #8841
ForrestB

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyg
Anyone out there using a zipped Dtivo & using a Mac?
Are you using Tivotool?

Seems like I needed to do a lot more hacking to work with tivotool.....
ie. nearly all my recordings are still encrypted

HELP!
Did your Tivo have any shows on it before you Zippered? Note the Zipper turns off encryption so all shows recorded after Zippering are not encrypted. However all old shows will remain encrypted.

We can't discuss that other program you mentioned here - however there is a support thread for it on DDB.
ForrestB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #8842
Brillian1080p

I'm using zipper 2.6 and downloading the latest scripts, software and iso's to create the universal iso. This includes an instantcake special edition that includes the 6.3a slices.

During running tweak.sh the script says "existing ptvnet installation found, do you want to overwrite it?

1. How should the tweak.sh script question be answered?
2. What exactly is overwritten?

Thank you
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:32 PM   #8843
sk33t3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillian1080p
I'm using zipper 2.6 and downloading the latest scripts, software and iso's to create the universal iso. This includes an instantcake special edition that includes the 6.3a slices.

During running tweak.sh the script says "existing ptvnet installation found, do you want to overwrite it?

1. How should the tweak.sh script question be answered?
2. What exactly is overwritten?

Thank you
Brian I left my ptvnet install as is, so when propmted do you want to over write, I said NO. Others may have entered yes. Maybe we should start a poll on that very topic
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #8844
PJO1966
Legally Married

Post-zipper, I rebooted my TiVo and the IP address changed. I'm currently scanning with Angry IP to try to find the current IP address (I don't have the serial cable yet). It wasn't within the realm of my router IP address so I expanded the search. What will the host name come up as assuming Angry IP finds it?
PJO1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:41 AM   #8845
Neoistheone2000

Quote:
Try running the /enhancements/net-launch.sh script. If you don't have it, run the enhancement script in my sig to get it and other hacks.

well it seemed to have taken the ip addresses but i still cant get in tivowebpluse

ohh btw i tryed to reboot, same thing

tryed to ping and it says network is unreachable? but when i run net-status.tcl it shows that all addresses are set correctaly but i notested that WEP is enabled but my router is disabled???

Last edited by Neoistheone2000 : 12-23-2006 at 04:58 AM.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:17 AM   #8846
Neoistheone2000

Quote:
well it seemed to have taken the ip addresses but i still cant get in tivowebpluse

ohh btw i tryed to reboot, same thing

tryed to ping and it says network is unreachable? but when i run net-status.tcl it shows that all addresses are set correctaly but i notested that WEP is enabled but my router is disabled???

would setSSIDwep work?
Old 12-23-2006, 05:57 AM   #8847
falstaffpac

Quote:
During running tweak.sh the script says "existing ptvnet installation found, do you want to overwrite it?"
This is a good question, I'll be happy to share my experience. I botched my HD-Tivo when upgrading 3.1.5f -> 6.3a and was caught in a reboot loop. So, I purchased IC SE and started from scratch.

I've IC'ed my drive twice, once by answering YES to this question, the second time by answering NO.

1) IC'ed the drive, ran zipper, ran tweak, answered YES to overwriting the PTVNET installation, and everything was good. I thought I would then be able to upgrade to 6.3a via slicer, as this is included with the IC SE edition. When I checked via TWP, the 6.3a slices were not present. So I did a bunch of reading and apparently I have to have PTVNET in addition to the slicer and IC. I concluded (rightly or wrongly) that since I overwrote the PTVNET settings, I could no longer have access to the 6.3a slices via PTVNET. So instead of actually waiting 12 hours for the Tivo to d/l the slices on its own, I decided to redo my setup.

<caveat> I IC'ed my drive again (3.1.5f) and decided to force a manual upgrade to 6.3a, which worked fine. I then planned to zipper, but on the zipper page it says I should: 3.1.5f -> zipper -> 6.3a So, we go back to the drawing board. </caveat>

2) IC'ed the drive, ran the zipper, ran tweak and answered NO to overwriting the PTVNET installation. Everything was good, network up and running at 3.1.5f I checked swsystem, 6.3a slices present, moving right along. Sliced 6.3a and rebooted. Now, network no worky. Serial bash no worky. (actually, I can log the entire boot output if I set my speed to 9600, but I'm unable to type any commands at bash, at any speed). Incidentally, the boot log shows several errors being generated.

So, I guess I'll IC again at some point and answer YES to overwriting PTVNET, wait for the 6.3a slices to download on their own then try to slice up to 6.3a and hope to retain network connection.

Last edited by falstaffpac : 12-23-2006 at 06:10 AM.
falstaffpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #8848
peteyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestB
Did your Tivo have any shows on it before you Zippered? Note the Zipper turns off encryption so all shows recorded after Zippering are not encrypted. However all old shows will remain encrypted.

We can't discuss that other program you mentioned here - however there is a support thread for it on DDB.
Thanks for a reply!

My DTivo had many recordings before being zippered.

And that's my only real concern right now- how I can unencrypt them?
peteyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:28 AM   #8849
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Even if you get the error, after running tweak.sh and rebooting, it should be gone. You also have to answer no when the zipper asks you if you have any existing recordings you want to keep. Actually, the question should be do you have any encrypted recordings you want to keep.
Russ,

Thanks for your patience with frustrated pigheaded me.

The #51 was a result of trying to go IC3.1.5f->Zipper->Slicer6.3a->tweak->tivoapp patch. Likely caused the #32 as well and the lack of info in NPL.

The variations of bad burns, busted files, Slicer hanging, and even an IDE cable header falling apart led me to try that (incorrect) approach. I know better now.

I RTFI as I went on the last run. IC3.1.5.f->Zipper->tweak->Slicer6.3a ran fine. I reran tweak and ended up with double entries in author, but that was an easy fix.

KEY NOTE FOR HR101-250 USERS:

[Barney] Wait for it... [/Barney]

WAIT FOR IT!

That's it. Allow time for the box to reboot and finish each step. Take the dog for a walk, got to the store, have a nice adult beverage. There were *several* instances where the ethernet adapter lights were on, but the machine was not yet accessible. I went to bed assuming I'd be grabbing the serial cable this morning as the was NO net connectivity. This morning it was ready.

Patience, Grasshopper.

Now to wait for 6.3b slices again....sigh!

Couple final questions (and I'll be searching as well):

1. How do I get Web Remote back in TWP? Somehow I lost it.

2. Do I need to keep the /ptvupgrade dir in this brave new world?

3. Is it safe to go directly from hacked 3.1.5f ro 6.3b? That's sitting on my primary box.

Thanks and Merry Christmas (or whatever you personally intend to celebrate)!

kim
Old 12-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #8850
ForrestB

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyg
Thanks for a reply!

My DTivo had many recordings before being zippered.

And that's my only real concern right now- how I can unencrypt them?
We can't discuss extraction here - it's forbidden. Suggest you check out the Zipper Wiki for more info
ForrestB is offline   Reply With Quote