Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #151
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
Rumors are that both Stefano and Kristen may be returning. However, they're both currently on other shows so I don't know how quick that would happen. So it seems a little weird for Black Glove to be one of them.

But who knows!

But they definately need to get some bad guys back on the show. I love Sami but she's not enough. Especially since Patch returned from the dead with no memory. We need the guy responsible to return so Patch and go on the mission to find out who did it to him... and why. That doesn't work without the villian present.

I believe Lexie is going to move back into the DiMera mansion so at least they're bringing the set and her family name back on the show. Other characters can't be too far behind...

What about Peter Blake?
Or perhaps Andre didn't die either?
How about an Alamain then?

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #152
BeanMeScot
Sci-Fi Junkie

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorngoddess
Joseph Mascolo is the ONLY person who could ever play Stefano Dimera. Or at least that's how I feel about it. It just wouldn't be the same if they had anyone else playing him. And I don't think he wants to come back as long as JER is writing, although there were rumors floating around that Days had some kind of contract worked out with Bold and Beautiful to at least have him back to film new flashback scenes...that just never happened.
They did have someone in many years ago to do a few scenes that they needed for a story. It just wasn't the same.
BeanMeScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #153
cwoody222

I read in the checkout line the other day that...

Spoiler:

Carrie and Austin will both be off the show - again - by the end of the year.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

How stupid! It's just like when they brought back Lisa Rinna (as an ISA agent) a few years ago... a total waste of a fan-favorite character and actor!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:28 AM   #154
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

That does kinda blow. And also....

Spoiler:
Shawn, Philip and most likely Mimi are all leaving the show too. Shawn and Philip for sure and Farra asked to be let out of her contract early because she wanted to be able to take other job offers if the oppurtunity presented itself. I don't blame her, with everyone being let go I'd be affraid I'm about to lose my job too. But you gotta wonder where it's gonna leave this Shawn/Mimi/Belle/Philip storyline.

unicorngoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #155
cwoody222

I believe

Spoiler:

They're going to recast Shawn so it's likely that Belle and Shawn will stay in Salem and live happily ever after (and boring).

Old 08-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #156
katbug
Tivo Junkie

Ooh, I'm glad to have finally seen this thread! I've been wanting to rant / comment on Days for a while, but hadn't seen the thread (and was too lazy to search for one), so thank you for resurrecting it. ;0)
katbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #157
JYoung
Series 3

So where's your rant?

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 08-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #158
katbug
Tivo Junkie

lol, how'd I know someone would ask? Well, my rants keep building up then the storyline changes, so it's hard to rant at the moment. Let's see...

1. How does Steve get around? Is he still riding a motorcycle? If so, wouldn't the DMV have something to say about depth perception with an eye patch?

2. Glad Bo and Hope are split up, even if we all know it's temporary. Same with John and Marlena. Never liked them together. I was always intrigued by the idea of Hope and John and was disappointed when they let that one slip by years ago.

3. Love Sami and hope that she ends up with someone outside the chaos of her past. EJ? hmmmm....just someone who will accept her for who she is seperate from all the insanity. Don't want her feeling like she always has the past hanging over her future relationships like she would with Austin or Lucas (although I believe the chemistry between her and Lucas much more than Lucas and Carrie or Sami and Austin).

4. So glad that Mimi is finally standing up for herself. I'd be so done with the situation that I'd just leave them all behind, but it's nice to see her putting up a fight too. Finally the "perfect" Belle gets what's coming to her.

5. Billy's character just needs a major face-lift. No matter who's portraying her she just kinda comes off as pathetic. I've liked all the actresses, so it's definitely the character.

6. Chelsea...ugh, don't get me started...send her to jail and free us of this useless character!

Ok, that's it for now until I watch today's episode... hope that's enough for now ;0)
Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #159
katbug
Tivo Junkie

OMG! I'm halfway through today's episode and was so excited when I recognized "Michael Hudson" from Another World as the Dr (it took a minute, he's changed quite a bit). I was surprised enough that it was anyone other than Lexie (who knew there were other doctors at that hospital?!), but to see Kale Browne was a special treat. I just love seeing actors who pop up on other shows. ;0) Ok, now off to finish the episode.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:06 AM   #160
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Alright Days fans...keep an eye our for this coming week's TV Guide. There's an interview with Sheffer than includes some of the following:

Spoiler:
In the current week's TV Guide (week of August 28th) there is an interview with the new head writer Hogan Sheffer in which he details his plans to revamp the show, including spoilers for almost every major couple. In next week's issue (week of September 4th) there is another interview in which he reveals the mother of all spoilers: EJ is not only a DiMera but is also the mastermind of the gloved one schemes! It remains to be seen how this will all work out. This week's issue is on stands now, next week's issue is arriving to subscribers now. Both issues are packed with spoiler goodness, so check them out!

Also, other reports are coming in saying that EJ is working with Patrick in the gloved-hand schemes which explains why our hand seemed to be traveling around town so fast.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:20 AM   #161
cwoody222

Here's what I've heard from a variety of sources (soap magazines, TV Guide, websites)

Spoiler:

- the EJ / gloved hand stuff unicorngoddess already gave us

- Jack/Jenn will leave the show in the fall... together, happily ever after... not sure about Abby

- Frankie will initially stay in town due to a family member's health crisis but will leave the show in Feb

- Patrick will leave the show in Feb

- Mimi's contract is up in Feb but has asked to be let go early

- Austin & Carrie get married and leave happily ever after

- Sami & Lucas will find their way back together but not immediately

- Bo & Hope will find their way back together

- new actor for Shawn

- Philip's probably leaving (I don't think this is confirmed)

Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #162
Martha

Thanks for the scoop CWoody! Now I won't have to watch it for the next year!!
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:57 AM   #163
Werd2406

Wasnt EJ Lexie's kid......? I havent watched this show in forever ....
Werd2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:09 PM   #164
cwoody222

If EJ really is who I said he was in the spoiler tags, then he'd be the child of

Spoiler:

Susan Banks and Stefano

Old 09-01-2006, 12:35 PM   #165
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd2406
Wasnt EJ Lexie's kid......? I havent watched this show in forever ....
No. Lexie's son is Theo and he hasn't had any SORAS so he should still be a small child. Maybe you're ocnfusing EJ with JT, who was the baby Stephanie switched with Zach at birth. JT was raised as Hope's son and then his biological father came to town and took custody of him and Lexie had to give back Issack to Hope and Bo.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:56 PM   #166
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorngoddess
No. Lexie's son is Theo and he hasn't had any SORAS so he should still be a small child. Maybe you're ocnfusing EJ with JT, who was the baby Stephanie switched with Zach at birth. JT was raised as Hope's son and then his biological father came to town and took custody of him and Lexie had to give back Issack to Hope and Bo.
Stephanie? You mean Stefano?

(which reminds me, I miss Rolf and Bart. Always good for a laugh)

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 09-01-2006, 07:30 PM   #167
katbug
Tivo Junkie

And here I've been thinking more and more that the gloved hand was
Spoiler:
Tech. I really still hope that EJ's not a bad Dimera, 'cuz I really like him and want him to continue being Sami's one and only friend...Then again, she got along great with Tony.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #168
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung
Stephanie? You mean Stefano?

(which reminds me, I miss Rolf and Bart. Always good for a laugh)
Oops, yes I meant Stefano.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:47 PM   #169
Werd2406

CAn someone just get me up to date on this whole "gloved one" storyline???
Werd2406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #170
cwoody222

It's not that big of a deal. Sami knew about Lexie and Tek's affair and blackmailed Lexis to tell Carrie that if she had kids w/ Austin they'd have birth defects. (in order to keep Carrie from pursuing Austin so Sami could have him to herself)

The Gloved Hand knows all about it; we don't know how. He's sent both Lexie and Sami threatening notes. To Sami, to not go thru with the wedding. To Lexie, to not tell Carrie the truth.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #171
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

The gloved one also knows the secret of Claire's true paternity. He/she also is responsible for the embryo mix-up with Belle and Mimi. The two girls were trying to get pregnant thru invetro but the gloved one switched the eggs so Belle's eggs were fertilized by Shawn and Mimi's eggs were fertilized by Philip.

Pretty much, the gloved one has just been up to no good.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #172
mythica23

well this is my first post on this forum.. and the whole gloved hand thing will wrap up quickly . the new head writer is going to re-vamp this show or try. I really have alit of faith--for info on that you should check out soap opera digest week of sept 12 2006....

Im excited and worried this show is fighting for its life as is all of daytime soap opera television. Lets face it not many are home at that time of day anymore.

i think the cast cuts will def hurt the show-
I will love more stable plot lines that actually make sense-(hopefully)
the gloved hand thing will be wrapped up quickly this writter has stated in a magazine article that its just a ploy a gimmick or trick thats used - hogan sheffer 's material is going to start airing in october he believes. wich is going to be more love story stuff. and what not.-

I am worried too though to a degree i know most people hated the marlene possesion storyline, Yet it was that storyline that made me start watching thus leading to not hating a whole genre and i have stayed with show pretty much ever since. My mamaw used to tape it for me while i was at school and we would watch it every weekend together the whole week.She hated the demon story too lol.. because she was honestly one of the only true christians i have ever met. and love her deeply,.

so without different storys like that it may hurt bringing in certain audiences.

I have been watching this show i think for about 12 years now i am 23 years old so thats alot of mylife. and i know most guys dont admit to watching soaps but i watch days

I aggree though that things have to make sense ... it seemd like a while through the whole seriel killer storyline the writers didnt care about the viewers things stoped making sense and come on since it is a soap opera as fans we give it that lean the ok i will be this BS lol...but after a while it just couldnt be forgiven anylonger. and i did stop watching it when marlena had vision of tom horton spirit chasing her out of alice's house.. Liked it at first then when it turned out that she wasnt killer and that it was all a staged hallucination or some crap like that and they all ended up on island i honestly have to think the writers were trying to cancel the show with the bs they were writting.
ok sorry for rant...

being first post ever about this though lol. im excited to find others who like this show i usually dont find many my age at least.

but i cant wait to see what happens i just hope that it doesnt lose that sense of the bizare everyone once and again just make it have some sense to it even if just a little.. lol

So goodbye James E. Riley thanks for some of your storylines... but i could hit you for some of your ending ones...
mythica23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #173
katbug
Tivo Junkie

Welcome to the boards mythica! At least you started in one of the best threads ;0) I have never really been a fan of the outlandish stories myself, but then again I'm not much of a fan of the love stories that they've put together either. I like to see a shake-up, and get bored easily with "perfect couples". I won't be popular for saying this, but I'd love to see Bo & Hope, John and Marlena, etc. split up and with other people. I was so excited years ago when they eluded to a John/Hope romance, but of course they let them go back to their supercouple-other-halves. Oh well.
We'll have to wait and see what this new writer does for the stories. I agree that it will definitely take a big hit with all the cuts...I just hope that they give new characters that are likable some depth and longevity. Seems like every new character they introduce has been somehow tied to bad guys. Hmph!
Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM   #174
katbug
Tivo Junkie

P.S. While serving in the Army we would go back to the dayroom for lunch and DOOL. Since there were only 4 girls in our barracks, you can imagine how many men were sitting there watching too. They all got hooked, so you're not alone! ;0)
Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 PM   #175
mythica23

thank you for the nice welcome...

I aggree shakeups are good!

although spoiler alert

please forgive me this may be spoiler and since im new im not sure how to ummm white it out and make u high light it >.< but the new head writer says that days should still be about some supercouples.... and that he doesnt understand why even if max is adopted he is dating his neices lol ... wich i aggree and that max is destined for supercouple dom. but with someone new.

well i think the reason i liked the possession storyline so much was because at the time i was like 12 or 13 year old male... and hated mushy love stories but when i was home from school because of snow day once that was first time i saw it and didnt complain and from then on i was hooked hooked
Not just in days but soaps in general i think its a neat genre and i am afraid that its in grave danger lol. its like a good movie or book that if u find one that u care about and like the charecters your kinda sad when its over.

I just hope that patrick isnt bad--------please mr. sheffer dont let him be evil.

and keep some adventure and action.

as my other half says....."if your going to watch that stuff at least it seems you watch the king of soap opera's" and then find them watching it with me most of the time even if they dont admit it.
mythica23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:41 AM   #176
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythica23

I just hope that patrick isnt bad--------please mr. sheffer dont let him be evil.
I hope he is.
Woman seem to love him and I don't understand why.

His being shot by Bart would work out perfectly fine with me.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 09-12-2006, 03:50 AM   #177
Peter000

I'm getting tired again of days, and that means that they'll bring on a brand new intresting character that I'm going to get into. It's happened that way every time. Usually with attractive young women.

So usually I do the FF and pause for dialog about every 5-10 minutes. I'll be interested to see what happens next, after they wrap up the gloved stuff and get the super-couples going.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:23 AM   #178
SnakeEyes

I heard rumors, thought I'd ask here... is Stefano coming back? I watched the show in HS/college with friends but only really to root for Stefano (used to piss off the females ). I completely stopped watching when he left. If he came back I'd watch again.
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #179
katbug
Tivo Junkie

I really hope that Patrick isn't evil. It wouldn't surprise me, only 'cuz it seems that anyone who gets involved with someone from a supercouple turns out to be evil instead of getting some well-deserved romance. I like Patrick. I like that they actually gave him some backstory that's interesting and makes him not so "goody-goody" like they do with most on the show. It makes him interesting. I think he has chemistry with most of the women in Salem, which makes him someone good to keep around...as a good guy.

I'm glad to read your spoiler (btw to do spoilers, which I'm not sure this one is enough of one to worry about, but if you want to add them in future posts, you add [spoiler]Then type your spoiler[/Spoiler ](I added an extra space in there though so it won't read it as a spoiler.) I started out doing it by turning my text white, but someone let me know right away. ;0)

Peter: I do the same thing with the FF. For quite a while I FF'd through the entire show except scenes with Sami. She was the only interesting character for a while, and I really didn't end up missing anything. I still do it with some storylines...anything with Marlena in it (I've never liked her) and several others. Sure makes the show go by quickly. ;0)
Old 09-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #180
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000
I'm getting tired again of days, and that means that they'll bring on a brand new intresting character that I'm going to get into. It's happened that way every time. Usually with attractive young women.
Stephanie doesn't do anything for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbug
I really hope that Patrick isn't evil. It wouldn't surprise me, only 'cuz it seems that anyone who gets involved with someone from a supercouple turns out to be evil instead of getting some well-deserved romance. I like Patrick. I like that they actually gave him some backstory that's interesting and makes him not so "goody-goody" like they do with most on the show. It makes him interesting. I think he has chemistry with most of the women in Salem, which makes him someone good to keep around...as a good guy.
What chemistry?
I'll give you a little with Billie but he had zero chemistry with Jennifer, that's why they had to bring in Frankie.

And he has zero chemistry with Hope (which he was in love with all of the sudden) which part of why I was surprised that Hope just jumped into bed with him like that (that slut).
(Hell, Franco had more chemistry with Hope than Patrick and he was a wood plank although Patrick ain't that far from plankdom either)

Although I did find Chelsea chasing after him moderately amusing....

"I aim to misbehave"