JYoung
Series 3

SORAS?
S?
O?
Rapid
Ageing
Syndrome

Oh and they'll keep Bo and Hope split until a sweeps period.
Say August or November.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #122
cwoody222

S = soap
O = opera
Old 06-16-2006, 09:55 AM   #123
cpalma

Quote:
Oh and they'll keep Bo and Hope split until a sweeps period.
Say August or November.
I hope so, the last time Reilley split them up they were apart for several years!! Remember Bo marrying Billie? Billie's giving birth to still-born Georgia (now miraculously reinvented as Chelsea)? Princess Gina?

As for SORAS, Shawn was born before any of them. Belle was born before Brady. Will was a 3 or 4 year old when Phillip was born. Abby was actually de-aged at one point. The aging of characters is ridiculous. I don't mind when characters are aged for storyline purposes, but I do mind when they mess with what the progression of character's ages are.
cpalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #124
cwoody222

Well, keeping them apart wasn't all Reiley's fault last time... Kirsten Alfonso (Hope) left the show to pursue other TV acting. Remember her memorable role on Melrose Place as a madame?!

Plus, Lisa Rinna was a fan-favorite and fans did approve of Bo & Billie.

However, dragging that Princess Gina stuff for so long (and getting "Father John" mixed up in all of it was Reiley's fault!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #125
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

I'm pretty sure that Brady was born before Belle.

According to www.soapoperafan.com

Shawn D. Brady - April 6, 1987
Brady Black - May 19, 1992
Abigail Devereaux - October 19, 1992
Belle Black - October 21, 1993
Will Roberts - November 16, 1995
Philip Kiriakis - February 21, 1995

And just for kicks, probably the most SORAS'd character on the show:
Samantha Brady: October 19, 1984
unicorngoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 AM   #126
cpalma

I loved Lisa Rhinna's portrayal of Billie and I was just as big a fan. However, Krista Allen had taken over the role of Billie when they went to Italy and got married, and she was the actress playing the role when She gave birth to Georgia. Hope did return to the show and they still kept them apart with the whole Princess G. thing.

OK did a little research. Here are the dates of birth for all the younger set.

Shawn Douglas Brady, born 1987 (April) should be 19
Brady Black, born 1992 (May) should be 14
Abby Devereaux, born 1992 (October) should be 13
Belle Black, born 1993 (October) should be 12
Phillip Kiriakis, born 1995 (May) should be 11
Will Roberts, born 1995 (November) should be 10

Shawn is the closest to what he should be, but like someone said, above, Abby is way off!!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #127
cwoody222

Don't forget Georgia/Chelsea!

Shawn D. Brady - April 6, 1987
Brady Black - May 19, 1992
Abigail Devereaux - October 19, 1992
Belle Black - October 21, 1993
Will Roberts - November 16, 1995
Philip Kiriakis - February 21, 1995
Georgia (Chelsea) Brady - May 22, 1998

Yea - Brady is John & Isabella's.

Belle is John & Marelan's (named after Isabella). John didn't officially hook up with Marlena until after Izzy died. By the time Belle was born, Philip's bother (Izzy) was already dead (hence naming Belle after her).

Just for fun, here's the order that they are in now in the show - by character age - oldest first.

Brady Black
Belle/Philip/Shawn (same age roughly)
Abigail Devereaux & Chelsea Brady (same age roughly)
Will Roberts
Old 06-16-2006, 10:22 AM   #128
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalma
I loved Lisa Rhinna's portrayal of Billie and I was just as big a fan. However, Krista Allen had taken over the role of Billie when they went to Italy and got married, and she was the actress playing the role when She gave birth to Georgia. Hope did return to the show and they still kept them apart with the whole Princess G. thing.

OK did a little research. Here are the dates of birth for all the younger set.

Shawn Douglas Brady, born 1987 (April) should be 19
Brady Black, born 1992 (May) should be 14
Abby Devereaux, born 1992 (October) should be 13
Belle Black, born 1993 (October) should be 12
Phillip Kiriakis, born 1995 (May) should be 11
Will Roberts, born 1995 (November) should be 10

Shawn is the closest to what he should be, but like someone said, above, Abby is way off!!
Abby's not that bad. She's probably what - 16-17 on the show?

Belle, OTOH, is over 21 at least putting her at 9+ years away from her "real" age! Philip is the same age as Belle and yet was "born" after Belle so he's even worse!

Brady is older than the Belle/Shawn/Philip crowd and I think it's safe to assume he's 24-25 on the show so he's almost a decade off too.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #129
cwoody222

And Chelsea... she should be 8 and she's 16 - 17. So she's worse than Abby too.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #130
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

I think they're implying that Abby and Chelsea are now at least 18. I think we were suppose to assume that they've just finished their last year in high school.

I still think the aging of Sami is aged the worst. She was only suppose to be 11 when she gave birth to Will. Now Will is probably about 16 and Sami is suppose to be 22...which is even more impossible.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #131
cpalma

unicorn goddess, you and I had the same idea. I actually wasn't sure about Brady and Belle either, so I looked it up. LOL

I agree about Sami, but couldn't find a 'birth date' for her.

The funniest though had to be when John and Marlena got married the last time Belle was at the wedding ceremony, played a little flower girl and was about age 4 or 5. John/Marlena then go on their honeymoon. When they return, Belle is 16 and in High School. Marlena takes one look at her and says, "My, how you've grown"! LOL
Old 06-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #132
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

How did they explain Georgia/Chelsea still being alive? Wasn't she buried in the jungle when Billie was still the wild woman? Or didn't they explain it?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #133
cwoody222

Sami is supposed to be 22? How do you figure that. Even they're not crazy enough to have a 22 year old have teenaged son.

I always assumed we're supposed to assume Sami is at least 5 years older than the Belle/Shawn crowd... late 20's or early 30's.

Are Abby and Chelsea done with high school? I thought they had one more year yet. Shouldn't they be talking about going to Salem U if they were all finished?
Old 06-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #134
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude
How did they explain Georgia/Chelsea still being alive? Wasn't she buried in the jungle when Billie was still the wild woman? Or didn't they explain it?
Stefano rescued her and took her to Europe where Billie and Bo recently tracked some leads to. They found out she was then adopted by a copule in the states... in Salem... who's (adopted) parents had just died... who Bo and Billie knew... of COURSE!

So basically they just played the "evil Stefano" card

That reminds me... part of the reason this show is so boring lately is there's no bad guys! I want an EVIL mastermind guy doing over the top stuff!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #135
cpalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
Sami is supposed to be 22? How do you figure that. Even they're not crazy enough to have a 22 year old have teenaged son.

I always assumed we're supposed to assume Sami is at least 5 years older than the Belle/Shawn crowd... late 20's or early 30's.

Are Abby and Chelsea done with high school? I thought they had one more year yet. Shouldn't they be talking about going to Salem U if they were all finished?

The closest they ever came to announcing a character's age is when they showed Marlena's tombstone--and even that was doctored!! There also was one scene with dialogue that let us know that Shawn/Belle, et al. were old enough to drink alcohol, so we (the viewers) probably wouldn't be screaming at the writers.

We are also supposed to forget that Sami kidnapped infant Belle, making her at least 10-12 years older (maybe even more) than her baby sister.

I remember Abby and Chelsea talking about taking college courses and they went to some freshman party at some point last year. I think putting all the teens at Salem U was a mistake the writers don't want to repeat.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #136
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
Sami and Eric Brady's on-air birthday was October 19, 1984...which would make her 22 this October. So technically, she's not even 22 yet...she's 21. That's why she's probably the most rediculously aged. Or at least not so much her as Will. They would have been okay aging her a few years (she came back SORAS'd in the early 90s I believe from 10 to about 15 or 16) And we know she was a teenager when she had Will. The mistake they made was SORAS'ing Will so fast.

And I have to wonder if Days will run into the same problems with Claire. Having a 13 year-old give birth may not be too far fetched in today's world, but if they SORAS Claire from infant to 10 years old over night, that's going to be weird to say the least...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #137
cwoody222

I don't think they'll age Claire any time soon.

Her parents and that group are still the "young adults" on the show. So their kids can't be that old.

Having that group on the show I think is what made them make Sami grow up (character-wise, not literally aged) a bit lately... and then, by extension, they aged Will.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #138
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

It's so funny that they still play the Steffano card even when he hasn't been on the show in years. Maybe they need to bring him back....of course they would probably need a new actor and who knows what the public would think of that.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:23 AM   #139
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Joseph Mascolo is the ONLY person who could ever play Stefano Dimera. Or at least that's how I feel about it. It just wouldn't be the same if they had anyone else playing him. And I don't think he wants to come back as long as JER is writing, although there were rumors floating around that Days had some kind of contract worked out with Bold and Beautiful to at least have him back to film new flashback scenes...that just never happened.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:38 PM   #140
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

Looks like they've already cast the role of Stephanie Johnson, Steve and Kayla daughter. Stephanie was born in 1990, so it should be interesting to see what age she is when she comes back.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #141
cwoody222

Well, the actress is 22 so we know that at least.

http://members.aol.com/jason47b/
Old 06-16-2006, 01:14 PM   #142
Sirius Black
Grey Warden Reject

Not sure if I should admit this or not but I used to watch this show between classes when I was in college.

I lived in the dorm and didn't have a TV in my room. There was a 'community' TV that would always have this show on during its time slot, which was right around lunch time. This was back in 95-96ish (when Marla was possessed by a demon or the Devil or whatever). Most of the time it was not all that great but the Marla storyline certainly was amusing.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #143
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Black
Not sure if I should admit this or not but I used to watch this show between classes when I was in college.

I lived in the dorm and didn't have a TV in my room. There was a 'community' TV that would always have this show on during its time slot, which was right around lunch time. This was back in 95-96ish (when Marla was possessed by a demon or the Devil or whatever). Most of the time it was not all that great but the Marla storyline certainly was amusing.
This is how I got into it. The college cafeteria always had this show on. I got hooked around the time Kristin had Marlena locked in the secret room and then Susan took over Kristin's identity. Now I've stopped watching but I enjoy hearing how the characters have changes (or stayed the same).
Old 06-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #144
cwoody222

NY Daily News is reporting that Jason Cook (Shawn Douglas) is leaving the show in September...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...p-360108c.html

And Mimi's (well, the actor) blog has this to say...

Soooo...Days is gettin a new headwriter. THANK THE LORD. Everyone @ work is just as thrilled as the fans. They are letting some people go b/c of cost cuts which is always a sad thing but overall I think the show is going to have a great turn around. My personal storyline is already starting to go somewhere finally. I think all (or most) will be pleased. I have a feeling a lot more will change this fall when Kyle (and possibly Jason) leave the show. I'm always up for change when it comes to this job though. Being on a soap can get repetitive, so when sh*t goes down, it's exciting. lol.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #145
JYoung
Series 3

So Reiley's out?

But I'm betting that it's his idea to have Hope be pregnant by Patrick.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #146
unicorngoddess
Wooooonicorngodess

I'm going to go ahead and spoilerize this since it hasn't been officially confirmed by NBC

Spoiler:
Apparently Riely is out as head writer and Hogan Sheffer is in. While there has been no offical statement released by NBC about this, several actors on the show said that Corday confirmed this to them all in a group meeting they had.

And I guess stemming from this news is the return of the rumor that Joseph Mascolo will be returning. He never wanted to work under JER and that's what has kept him away so long. Also rumored is the return of Eileen Davidson.

I'm looking forward to a new head writer and hopefully the resolution to a lot of these storylines!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #147
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Nothing was on TV this weekend and flipping through the guide I turned on DOOL from SoapNet. Of course I got sucked back into the show and set up a season pass again Sounds like great news is happening on the backend for the show. Should keep things interesting.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:58 AM   #148
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorngoddess
I'm going to go ahead and spoilerize this since it hasn't been officially confirmed by NBC

Spoiler:
Apparently Riely is out as head writer and Hogan Sheffer is in. While there has been no offical statement released by NBC about this, several actors on the show said that Corday confirmed this to them all in a group meeting they had.

And I guess stemming from this news is the return of the rumor that Joseph Mascolo will be returning. He never wanted to work under JER and that's what has kept him away so long. Also rumored is the return of Eileen Davidson.

I'm looking forward to a new head writer and hopefully the resolution to a lot of these storylines!
God I hope so.
That's the only thing that's keeping this SP after the Hope/Patrick pregnant debacle.
(Didn't we already go through this with Stefano and John? )

Spoiler:

And I had considered that it might be Kristin that was following everyone around.
After all, everyone else thinks she's dead.
Although wouldn't she be gunning for John and Marlena first?

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 07-02-2006, 10:24 AM   #149
cwoody222

Rumors are that both Stefano and Kristen may be returning. However, they're both currently on other shows so I don't know how quick that would happen. So it seems a little weird for Black Glove to be one of them.

But who knows!

But they definately need to get some bad guys back on the show. I love Sami but she's not enough. Especially since Patch returned from the dead with no memory. We need the guy responsible to return so Patch and go on the mission to find out who did it to him... and why. That doesn't work without the villian present.

I believe Lexie is going to move back into the DiMera mansion so at least they're bringing the set and her family name back on the show. Other characters can't be too far behind...
Old 07-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #150
Werd2406

wow....i stopped watching this show...oh....after they didnt even explain the whole "island" thing and about when the "other roman" came on this show....i turn off my tv for a few months and guess what! It's the same storyline! Well it should be interesting to have more "realism" back on the show but ill hold off on seeing if i can watch it or not
Werd2406 is offline   Reply With Quote