Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-20-2005, 01:24 PM   #61
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalma
It's done more often than you think. The problem is with DOOL they've done it to death. It's one thing to have one specific song for a couple, but DOOL has used the song for all the couples!!

So now that Ausdumb is back and it looks like he's as stupid as ever, do we care? He loves Carrie; Carrie loves him; Lucas is falling for Carrie; and Sami is falling for Austin. There is no suspense on DOOL. We all know (those of us long term viewers) that Sami and Lucas will be on the wrong end of this stick in the long run. Where does that leave Nicole? Why can't they find a man or even a storyline for Nicole? Arianne has come a long way and is a good actress, IMO.

Victor catches Kate. Reads her the riot act and threatens to tell! Show of hands...who knew he'd back down so this 'who's the daddy' storyline will go on and on, ad infinitium. Don't even get me started on how Kate was able to read Claire's chart, understand the bloodwork mumbo jumbo, and get into the Hospital's computer system to change Shawn's blood type. All of that just so we could see 3 or more flashbacks every day that Kate knows that Phil is not the father and Shawn is.

I haven't turned it off yet and probably won't ever. Even as stupid as it gets, I will ff my way through.

I consider the Rolling Stones one of the greatest Rock and Roll bands in history.
To see them doing this is like seeing Laurence Olivier suddenly appear as Marlena's long lost father or Sean's long lost brother.

And besides, when have any of the regular's been written as smart?

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:35 PM   #62
legnaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalma
Don't even get me started on how Kate was able to read Claire's chart, understand the bloodwork mumbo jumbo, and get into the Hospital's computer system to change Shawn's blood type.

Doesn't it seem odd that Kate can read a hospital file in two seconds and realize that Sean is the father, however Lexie the doctor has not figured that out yet.
legnaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:03 PM   #63
cwoody222

The Rolling Stones thing is just stupid and pointless. I don't even like the Stones and I feel bad seeing them sell themselves on a friggin' soap opera.

It's bad right now, but no worse than usual. What the heck are they doing with Jack? Just end that stupid storyline please. I don't even care who Jenn stays with at this point. But hearing them all talk about Jack's "fatal disease" is just maddening!

And as unoriginal as her storyline is, I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing Carrie back on the show. So major kudos for that!
Old 12-21-2005, 02:51 AM   #64
JYoung
Series 3

Yeah, it should have been KISS.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 12-24-2005, 03:23 AM   #65
audiocrawford

What's hilarious is the daytime-aging. Now, I don't have my reference book with me (you know that big family album they released a few years back), but, for instance, Belle was concieved during "One Stormy Night" (the 1992 DOOL prime-time mini-movie, which i still have!). That would make her in her early teens. Phillip is another; he's like 8 or 9 years old, LOL. Doesn't seem like long ago Vivian and Kate were fightin' him.

As to watching DAYS, I watched it from the time I was about 5 until I was about 25. I gave up watching for good when they changed Belle's. I loved Kirsten Storms, and without her I just could care less about the new class-less, trashy Belle.

I did try watching last week - having Frankie back is great, but I just can't bring myself.

However, I did add it as a SP...so I'm sure I'll be all back into it by next week LOL.

AC
audiocrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 10:37 AM   #66
PJO1966
Legally Married

General Hospital is no better than Days when it comes to aging. The kids age rapidly, and elder characters get replaced by younger actors.
PJO1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #67
SoBelle0
What's next?

Okay - so I've caught up a little recently... silly TV!
Old Roman gets rushed into the hospital after falling from the Penthouse of what I can only imagine to be the shortest building in Salem. Both Marlena and John are able to go into the operating room with him and ask Lexie (you know the only Dr. in the free nation) all sorts of questions.

Moments later, Bo and Hope's son is hit by a car (oh yay, more story for whats-her-name bad young actress) and Hope isn't allowed to go into the operating room with Lexie? Sean D says - No you can't go. Why can't she go? She's THE MOM!

I'm not sure how they managed to have three extremely tense situations all going on at once - at the same hospital - with just the one doctor.

I swear I watch this show as much for the comedy as - well, as I don't know what else. So, when does everyone else get to learn that Sean D is really Belle's baby daddy? I'm really ready to see Phillip's head explode.

That's all I've got. What say you?
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #68
cwoody222

Um, what say I? Everything you say is exactly right

But we LOVE IT!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #69
legnaNJ

I know this is a soap opera and reality has nothing to do it BUT.....I still have a problem with the episode where Chelsea hit Zach. As soon as she it Zach she immediately ran up the curb. So I am thinking she is not far from the scene. Hope didn't see Max's tow truck lights? Bo didn't hear the sirens of the ambulance coming to pick up Zach? As a police officer I would think he would want to know what all the sirens were about. Bo knows where the Morrisons live. He can't put two and two together. I know I'm reading way into this but I just thought I would point that out.

Also Carrie and Austin ZZZZZZZ!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #70
JYoung
Series 3

Prediction:
Chelsea didn't hit Zach but due to the rookie cops inexperience, it will seem so, putting all sorts of stress and pathos on the Bradys.
After all, no one found blood on Beau's SUV.

(Wait, I'm using common sense here. Is that allowed?)

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 01-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #71
Martha

The storylines are pretty lame right now - I totally agree about Lexie though - thank goodness she went to medical school! I guess they would have had to close the hospital if she had decided to remain being a police officer!

I can tell I'm getting bored with this when I start paying more attention to their clothes, hair, etc. than the story. For example, why is it Belle can have her makeup on flawlessly each day (as she sits by Claire's bed non-stop), yet Philip can't even find the time to pick up a comb? Please get your hair out of your face already!

So, with Zach dying, will we see Hope sink into a deep depression, become an alcoholic, and lay around the house for the next year? She and Jen could become bar flies together and get together every night at the bar and drown their sorrows.
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:45 PM   #72
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

They need to have Marlena start killing everyone again I stopped watching awhile ago but I like to hear what's going on every once in awhile. Maybe I'll get back into it when something interesting starts happening.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #73
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
The storylines are pretty lame right now - I totally agree about Lexie though - thank goodness she went to medical school! I guess they would have had to close the hospital if she had decided to remain being a police officer!

I can tell I'm getting bored with this when I start paying more attention to their clothes, hair, etc. than the story. For example, why is it Belle can have her makeup on flawlessly each day (as she sits by Claire's bed non-stop), yet Philip can't even find the time to pick up a comb? Please get your hair out of your face already!

So, with Zach dying, will we see Hope sink into a deep depression, become an alcoholic, and lay around the house for the next year? She and Jen could become bar flies together and get together every night at the bar and drown their sorrows.
I completely agree about Philip's hair - it's AWFUL lately.

Shawn, OTOH... *swoon*

I love the idea of Jen and Hope being floozies at the Cheatin' Heart. That would be so much fun! Jen was a wild child, after all.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #74
legnaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
I
I love the idea of Jen and Hope being floozies at the Cheatin' Heart. That would be so much fun! Jen was a wild child, after all.

That is hilarious You never hear about the cheatin heart anymore. Maybe Alice's drove them out of business
Old 01-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #75
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnaNJ
That is hilarious You never hear about the cheatin heart anymore. Maybe Alice's drove them out of business
Is Alice's still a country bar and Mimi's mom is still running it? I figured when Maggie got back into town after being declared dead, she'd throw a fit and get the place back
Old 01-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #76
legnaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude
Is Alice's still a country bar and Mimi's mom is still running it? I figured when Maggie got back into town after being declared dead, she'd throw a fit and get the place back

Alice's is still in business. Mickey opened another restaurant for Maggie. I forget what it's called though.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #77
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnaNJ
Alice's is still in business. Mickey opened another restaurant for Maggie. I forget what it's called though.
It's Chez Rouge.

Alice's used to be "Tuscony" before Bonnie turned it into the country bar while Maggie was "dead" on Melaswen ("New Salem" the island... not to be confused with Aremid ). They also can still eat at the Penthouse Grille in the Titan building.

And of course the Brady Pub... and the Cheatin' Heart... and there was that diner that Abe and Roman used to go to (that Kate worked at when she was slummin' it).

They do still use the Cheatin' Heart and the Pub every once in awhile. Billie and Nicole seem to go to the Cheatin' Heart (seperately) when they're havin Salem-men troubles.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #78
JYoung
Series 3

I've got it!
Hope goes psycho and kindnaps Theo thinking he's Zack!

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 01-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #79
SoBelle0
What's next?

Okay - what a big ole batch of idiots!! Helloooo - anybody home?
Ausdumb - "wow, it's amazing, my company is taking over another and it's going along peachy keenly. Wonder if I'll ever find out who owns this other company."
Boring blondie - "I'm so happy for you Ausdumb. But, while that's wonderful news, I'm so sad - someone is taking over my company and I have no idea who it is... well, see ya later."
Ausdumb - "Okay, bye."
These people are driving me crazy. Again.

Ooh - and Nicore - she went from utter hopelessness over Brady to I've always been crazy about Ausdumb awfully quickly don'tcha think. The timelines on this show go in so many directions don't they?

And now, in another well thought out plan, Bilbo is going to claim that she killed Zach. You know after just flying in from not being anywhere and all. With a police dept. run twice as efficiently as the hospital wonder how long this will take? Plus, she keeps commenting on how Selfish Girl has been without her parents for so long - this is a bit of making up for that. By going to jail? By being a gov't spy or whatever who then lies to the local police. You go, Bilbo. And, didn't Selfish Girl have some parents that she really loved - and she just recently started tolerating you? I'm not a parent, but I don't get this whole line...

Lastly, I just don't get into all the sappy flashbacky bits. Never have really... do y'all watch those or do you FF?

Oh, and did I say - yeah, I love this show. Crazy people. Just crazy.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:09 AM   #80
JYoung
Series 3

Does Alex North have supernatural hearing or something?

He's able to hear through all sorts of doors, windows, walls, and hallways, especially when no one else can.

Perhaps he's part Kryptonian...

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #81
SoBelle0
What's next?

Jack's alive!?!?! I haven't been watching - but a cohort watched last week and is going to fill me in on everything over lunch - her only tidbit was that Jack's alive! YAY! I love Jack!

Anyone up-to-date? Care to share some of the juicier stories? I'll see what I can add after my briefing.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #82
JYoung
Series 3

I'm this close to deleting my SP after Hope promptly jumped into bed with Patrick.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #83
cwoody222

Yep. He was in a coma in an undisclosed hospital and then he woke up. There's been one nurse and one doctor to interact with him.

I think one of them eluded to something like "well, he was in really bad shape when he was found, he's a fighter" but I don't think they've really given details as to what happened to him and how he got to the hospital or where it is.

Last we saw him was at Christmas (he was "dead" for a few weeks at that time, after plunging into the river and being lost) when he 'stalked' Jenn's house and watched the holiday party thru the window.

Anyway, he doctor he's with now knows about his "fatal disease" (which has never been named) and only knows of an experimental procedure that MAY cure him. Jack has (as of now) opted not to try it because he (and Jenn) have already "come to terms" with his death.

Jennifer is now engaged to Frankie, BTW.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #84
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung
I'm this close to deleting my SP after Hope promptly jumped into bed with Patrick.
Yea, that was very un-Hope like of her!

However, I'm all for scenes involving Patrick in various stages of undress!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #85
starbreiz
Fangirl

yeah I just deleted my season pass this week. i don't even miss the show.
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #86
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0

Anyone up-to-date? Care to share some of the juicier stories?
And just to catch you up on everything else.

Sami and Austin are now engaged. Carrie chose to marry Lucas over Austin because Sami blackmailed Lexie (over her affair with Tek) into telling Carrie that a child between her and Ausin will have birth defects.

Carrie is pregnant with Lucas' child.

Kate is furious that Austin is engaged to Sami.

Belle and Philip are married but are both unaware that their child is actually Belle and Shawn's. Mimi and her mom and Kate and Victor know the truth.

Mimi and Shawn are trying to have a child invitro.

Alex is still drugging Marlena and the two of them are - coincidentally - on the same island as Hope and Patrick, who just slept together. Patrick is working for Alex to kill John, who has also followed them to the island now.

Sparked by Chelsea intercepting emails, Bo and Hope are getting divorced (naturally Mickey and Frankie are Hope's lawyers). Frankie, however, is also Chelsea's defense attorney.

Bo and Billie slept together too - and this time Bo wasn't even drunk or confused as to who she was!

Fwew! I think that's it. Did I miss anything?
Old 05-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #87
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
Fwew! I think that's it. Did I miss anything?

Max the dog (as opposed to Max the Brady) now also knows that Claire is Shaun's baby and wants to break up Shaun and Mimi.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 05-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #88
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I feel really bad about not watching. I started in 1976 but really stopped when they killed Bo and Hope's baby (at least I think they did, I stopped watching). Haven't deleted the season pass yet but I keep just erasing the episodes. I miss it alot but I've had it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:37 PM   #89
SoBelle0
What's next?

Wow! There's been lots of activity in Salem of late. Thanks for the updates... after Chris' fantastic recap I don't have anything to add...

I cannot believe that Hope slept with Patrick!! And, is she starting to see the bad side of him *finally* - does she know that he's been hired to kill John?

JYoung - who got a dog? and, how ridiculous that they named it Max... we've already got a Max on the show.

Jenn and Frankie are engaged already??? Sheesh! I would have thought she'd at least pretend to mourn the 'love of her life' for a few months.

Crazy people! Stupid show! I love it!
I hate that y'all might cancel - just when I'm about to get back into it. Hopefully you can hang on for just a few more unbelievable storylines.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #90
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung
Max the dog (as opposed to Max the Brady) now also knows that Claire is Shaun's baby and wants to break up Shaun and Mimi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0

I cannot believe that Hope slept with Patrick!! And, is she starting to see the bad side of him *finally* - does she know that he's been hired to kill John?

JYoung - who got a dog? and, how ridiculous that they named it Max... we've already got a Max on the show.

Jenn and Frankie are engaged already??? Sheesh! I would have thought she'd at least pretend to mourn the 'love of her life' for a few months.
Well, seeing Patrick holding a gun to John clued Hope in To be fair to Patrick, it's not 100% clear whether he took Alex up on the offer ($$ for killing John) and even if he did he's at least a little conflicted. He's not 100% evil.

Seriously - she did see him with the gun but no, doesn't know he was hired by Alex per se. But (partly due to his excuses) she doesn't exactly know what's going on.

Oh - I forgot the boring story about Hope discovering that Patrick felt responsible for an ex-girlfriend from the island. He thought she was put in danger by his connection to the mob. Turns out she was in the mob herself and that's what got her killed. But he never knew she was "connected" too!

Oh - Bo also has been given a new reason to hate Patrick. A completely vague APB or whatever for a guy wanted for killing a woman. It's a generic "tall, hansome, charming, white male" description so of COURSE Bo is convinced it's Patrick.

Are we clear yet whether it is or not? Are we supposed to assume the dead woman is Alma, the mobbed-up dead girlfriend?

Max the Dog was around before Max the Brady (in his current young-adult form). Max the Dog is Mimi's mom's.

Jenn and Frankie rushed from sex to marriage REAL quick. In Salem-land it was because Jenn didn't want to be seen as someone who treats sex cheaply. In real-life land, it was to create more friction for when Jack returns!

Also in real-life land, it was supposed to have been the reason that Missy Reeves wants to quit the show (again)... they weren't "staying true" to her character's love for Jack.

Rumos (last I read) was that the impending return of Patch & Kayla (yay! ) might get Missy to stick around.