TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #31
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California
What?!? They're bringing back the original Roman? What about the current Roman...didn't he use to be the guy that owned the bar/restaurant/supper club "Blondies"?
The current Roman played Chris Kositchek.

http://www.soapcentral.com/days/theactors/taylor.php

http://www.bethsdayspage.com/days/kositchekrpt.html

He was before my time so I'm not sure what he did but the second page there indicates he was a restaurant owner.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:44 AM   #32
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgar
Based on how this show works, I would bet that Jack's illness is related to his stay on the island. His death may be just another fake death masterminded by Demira.
Didn't Lexie confirm that his Hodgkins had returned? Or are we only sure that it's a 'neuroligical condition' at this time?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:51 AM   #33
cpalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoody222
I've been watching DOOL for about 15 years. Daily.

Why all the hatin' on Austin Peck? I love him (moreso w/ his shirt off) and I'm glad he's coming back. I do not like when Sami's happy... we need Austin to get in the way of her and Lucas. And will someone please tell Lucas to get rid of that ridiculous mustache!!!

Patrick bugs me... just because his story is so annoying. He doesn't really serve a purpose.

I love seeing Frankie back but I fear they're underutilizing him just like they did with Lisa Rinna 2 years or so ago.

Belle's baby BETTER not be Shawn's since they slept together during an ice storm! Stupid. But, hey, if her mom can have miracle pregnancies! I watch the Belle/Shawn scenes but only because I love Jason Cook (Shawn).

I have no idea where the story with Alex North is going but I love seeing Wayne Northrup back again. The scene a few days ago with Marlena waking up all ALL THREE "Romans" were there was awesome!!!
I don't think anyone has a problem with Austin Peck(s) but moreso as the way Austin Reed was written.

Ask, and ye shall receive. Mustache gone.

You're absolutely right about Patrick. He's never had a reason for being on the canvas. They tried to make us believe he was going after Jennifer, but she never waivered in her love for Jack.

Nice to have Frankie back, and love, Love, LOVE Wayne Northrup back.

The pregnancy is the best, especially if they make it out to be Shawn's. It's bad enough as you said it was the dead of winter when they got stranded, but Phil and Belle got married on New Years. He shipped out days later (actually it turned out to be months, but why quibble.) She should be at least 7 months along. Belle says the other day, "I can't believe I'm not showing". Well Belle, we can't believe it either!!!
cpalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #34
cwoody222

Oh yea, I forgot they got married on New Years. Well then, I guess as long as it's equally improbable for either to be the father, it's OK.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #35
JYoung
Series 3

It's just like when they were wondering who was the father of J.T./Issac/Zach.
Is it John or Stefano?
(and it turns out to be Beau)

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 12:09 AM   #36
cwoody222

Triple Roman!

Old 08-15-2005, 12:46 AM   #37
starbreiz
Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0
Okay, I couldn't find any threads on this, probly b/c no one watches it - but, if you do, I need to commiserate.
Hahah... I always think the same thing. I work in a heavily male dominated field, and I have a few girly vices like Days that I can never share with anyone!
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:19 PM   #38
SoBelle0
What's next?

And now you can share it with us starbreiz!

We haven't talked about poor, scarred, and still incredibly beautiful, Chloe. C'mon - she needs a grip more than anyone. She told Brady he might lose his job if he married her. Huh? Didn't get that one.

Did you hear Tony say today that he's already got some things going on 'remotely' with Marlena, John, and Roman. Sooo we might be onto something about orig. Roman working with or for the Dimera's. Hmm.

Oh, and I actually watched Belle and Philip today - as she went off on him for suggesting that Mimi and Shawn might get together. Good ole brain surgeon Philip hardly blinked. Sheesh, to be so unaware of the people around you.

So, did Belle get pregnant sleeping w/ Philip when he returned? or is this pregnancy supposed to have ocurred before he shipped out? I had not thought at all of the latter until you all mentioned it. That would make it plausible - soap style - for it to be Shawn's baby. Very interesting!

Now that I've got an outlet for my internal chatter on this crazy show - looks like I've watched it every day. Good thing TiVo makes it only a 20 minute show.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 PM   #39
cwoody222

Quote:
So, did Belle get pregnant sleeping w/ Philip when he returned? or is this pregnancy supposed to have ocurred before he shipped out?
Belle and Phillip haven't slept together since he's returned... due to his missing leg and recovery and all...
Old 08-15-2005, 09:28 PM   #40
SoBelle0
What's next?

Aha... well, then looks like we've only got to wait for someone to get suspicious... of course, does either of them remember sleeping together? B & S, I mean.

Also - thanks for the triple Roman cwoody! That's great!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 PM   #41
NYGD1424

How is John, Roman? I thought John was John?!?!?
NYGD1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 10:09 PM   #42
cwoody222

John is still John... since he found out he wasn't Roman. Him and Marlena are still married but Marlena just miscarried her child she was carrying from a one-night stand with Roman. Meanwhile, John was having a brief affair with Kate Roberts, Roman's current wife, and his daughter, Sami's, arch-enemy.

Roman is now played by a replacement Roman, who played Chris K. on DOOL years ago. He's currently married to Kate (see above) but it's on the rocks due to her affair with John, his affair with Marlena, and the continued fued between Sami and Kate.

The original Roman is now back playing a mysterious new character who has an unexplained past connection (and secret plan) to Marlena, Dr. Alex North. Marlena also has a strange recollection of him although she doesn't know why - because she recently got amnesia (see above miscarriage). This gives the producers a reason to use original stock footage of "Roman" (the original) and Marlena.

PS Actually John is Forrest Alamain... but that's a whole 'nother post...

PPS Fwew!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:25 AM   #43
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Oh, and I actually watched Belle and Philip today - as she went off on him for suggesting that Mimi and Shawn might get together. Good ole brain surgeon Philip hardly blinked. Sheesh, to be so unaware of the people around you.
It's not like Phillip's been historically written as the sharpest tack in the package.
A trait he shares with big brother Austin.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 08-16-2005, 02:05 AM   #44
Peter000

I've been a Day's watcher ever since Jennifer Horton first came on, and had the first love thing goin' on with Frankie. Every time I think I'm going to give up on it, something interesting happens or someone really fun comes on the show to keep me in. Recently it was Mimi... I LOVE her character. So real, compared to everyone else. But now she's gotten all soaped up; and not at all acting like herself, it seems to me. Her and Shawn? Could happen.

Lately I've been FFing through any Belle stuff... just because it's same old same old. Same with Sami's stuff... she so psycho it drives me nuts! She really needs professional help. I feel sorry for any man in her life.

Another thing that drives me nuts on the show is trying to keep track of who is related to whom and how. Especially with Shawn D, Phillip, Rex and anyone else who is in that screwed up generation. So Shawn is Kiriakis grandson. Phillip is Victor's son, so is Shawn's uncle. But is Rex's brother since Kate is his mom. And Rex is Shawn's Cousin, and Phillip's brother (along with Austin). But he left so we don't have to worry about him. Sami is also Shawn's cousin and Belle's sister (oh, and Rex's sister, who's also Lucas's brother! So she's engaged to her brother's brother. ). Belle, well, besides Sami and Brady, isn't related to anyone else, so she's pretty available. Though wait, since Brady is Victor's grandson, he is Phillip's nephew. So she's married to her brother's uncle! ew? And that makes Brady Shawn's cousin too. But not Rex's who is also Shawn's cousin.

So where does that leave the baby that Belle is carrying? The baby's either Rex's or Shawn's. So that means he or she is either Victor's grand or great-grandchild (but will definitely be a Kiriakis). And along with having Brady as an uncle, the baby will also be either Brady's first or second cousin. The baby will either be Bo's grandson, or his nephew. And it's an all or nothing deal for Hope, who would or would not be a grandma.

Is anyone else kinda hoping for a false positive on the pregnancy test, and that Belle is the proud mama of a bouncing baby ulcer?
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:32 AM   #45
cpalma

The fact that you got that all straight is a riot. The fact that I totally understood it, is even more funny!!

LMAO
Old 08-16-2005, 09:01 AM   #46
cwoody222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000
So where does that leave the baby that Belle is carrying? The baby's either Rex's or Shawn's.
I think you meant Phillip, not Rex.

I'll forget it, you got all the rest right!

Don't FF thru the Sami stuff now - Kate's finally gettin' hers so it's sorta moved the plot along... for now.

However, with Nicole holding the Stan stuff over her head, the evitable return of the "Sami has to lie to protect herself and her secrets from the man she loves" story isn't far behind...
Old 08-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #47
legnaNJ

Hey does anybody else think the real Tony is actually dead and the Tony that we see now is actually Colin (forget his last name) in disguise. If you remember back on Melaswen island Colin was discovered alive by Nicole.( I think) Whatever happened with that. Did I miss something cause I do watch on and off
legnaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:50 AM   #48
cwoody222

I believe Colin Murphy died in the tidal wave and/or somewhere in the 'base' before the big escape.

Another stupid wasted move by DOOL to bring back a actor/character and then do nothing with him. I'm pretty sure Colin (the character) is long gone. At least for the foreseeable future. Nicole's storyline is going to be busy with Victor coming back so she'll have her hands full.

Also, the actor just recently signed w/ another show too so he's not coming back anytime soon. Not that they couldn't recast if they wanted to.

As for Colin disguising himself as Tony? No way. "Tony" clearly has the same hatred for the Horton's & Brady's that he's ever had. Colin wasn't nearly that evil.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #49
legnaNJ

your probably right cwoody222, but didn't you find weird that he was found on that island...What was the point?
legnaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:57 AM   #50
starbreiz
Fangirl

Are you kidding? Days rarely has a point! That's the beauty of it.
starbreiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #51
cwoody222

Just like when they brought back Lisa Rinna. They had an opportunity to bring back a fan favorite actor so they did.

But they squandered their chances to keep him around since they couldn't come up with a decent storyline.

Plus - he did serve one point. Him being alive (someone saw him - Brady?) proved Nicole was innocent of killing him so her story could continue w/o her being in jail.

And then his death meant that no one else knew she 'killed' Victor (well, she really didn't, she just got that girl who was in love w/ Shawn D to do her dirty work for her) so, again, Nicole could go on with her story.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #52
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Just like when they brought back Lisa Rinna.
eeeeehhh, I liked Krista Allen better than Lisa Rinna anyways.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 08-16-2005, 03:12 PM   #53
cwoody222

Never! Lisa Rinna is the ONLY Billie in my book!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:00 PM   #54
Martha

I had to read Peter's post 3 times before I "think" I got it straight! That is hilarious!

I'm beginning to think Belle really isn't pregnant. I'm pretty sure she's not going to stay with Phillip so even if she is pregnant, it's got to be Shawn's.. I kind of like the idea of Shawn and Mimi together, but it seemed a bit forced today. Oh well. Maybe Mimi can hook up with Austin when he comes back. Are they related???
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:42 AM   #55
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Never! Lisa Rinna is the ONLY Billie in my book!
Krista Allen. Hot!

Lisa Rinna. Not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
I had to read Peter's post 3 times before I "think" I got it straight! That is hilarious!

I'm beginning to think Belle really isn't pregnant. I'm pretty sure she's not going to stay with Phillip so even if she is pregnant, it's got to be Shawn's.. I kind of like the idea of Shawn and Mimi together, but it seemed a bit forced today. Oh well. Maybe Mimi can hook up with Austin when he comes back. Are they related???
Come to think of it, Mimi and Cassie aren't related either.....

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 08-18-2005, 02:07 PM   #56
SoBelle0
What's next?

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter000
Another thing that drives me nuts on the show is trying to keep track of who is related to whom and how. Especially with Shawn D, Phillip, Rex and anyone else who is in that screwed up generation. So Shawn is Kiriakis grandson. Phillip is Victor's son, so is Shawn's uncle. But is Rex's brother since Kate is his mom. And Rex is Shawn's Cousin, and Phillip's brother (along with Austin). But he left so we don't have to worry about him. Sami is also Shawn's cousin and Belle's sister (oh, and Rex's sister, who's also Lucas's brother! So she's engaged to her brother's brother. ). Belle, well, besides Sami and Brady, isn't related to anyone else, so she's pretty available. Though wait, since Brady is Victor's grandson, he is Phillip's nephew. So she's married to her brother's uncle! ew? And that makes Brady Shawn's cousin too. But not Rex's who is also Shawn's cousin.

So where does that leave the baby that Belle is carrying? The baby's either Rex's or Shawn's. So that means he or she is either Victor's grand or great-grandchild (but will definitely be a Kiriakis). And along with having Brady as an uncle, the baby will also be either Brady's first or second cousin. The baby will either be Bo's grandson, or his nephew. And it's an all or nothing deal for Hope, who would or would not be a grandma.

Is anyone else kinda hoping for a false positive on the pregnancy test, and that Belle is the proud mama of a bouncing baby ulcer?
Absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks for the biggest laugh of my week!!
How on earth did you keep that straight while typing... LOL
Old 12-19-2005, 05:09 PM   #57
JYoung
Series 3

How far have the Rolling Stones fallen?

How far have the Rolling Stones fallen?

Plugging their concert and new album on DOOL.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 12-19-2005, 08:17 PM   #58
darthrsg

this show went downhill fast after marlena was possessed and the man STEFANO left. i used to watch all the time, i remember bo and hope getting married. BRING BACK STEFANO or let an asteroid hit salem and press the reset button on the series. my 2 cents
darthrsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #59
cpalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung
How far have the Rolling Stones fallen? Plugging their concert and new album on DOOL.
It's done more often than you think. The problem is with DOOL they've done it to death. It's one thing to have one specific song for a couple, but DOOL has used the song for all the couples!!

So now that Ausdumb is back and it looks like he's as stupid as ever, do we care? He loves Carrie; Carrie loves him; Lucas is falling for Carrie; and Sami is falling for Austin. There is no suspense on DOOL. We all know (those of us long term viewers) that Sami and Lucas will be on the wrong end of this stick in the long run. Where does that leave Nicole? Why can't they find a man or even a storyline for Nicole? Arianne has come a long way and is a good actress, IMO.

Victor catches Kate. Reads her the riot act and threatens to tell! Show of hands...who knew he'd back down so this 'who's the daddy' storyline will go on and on, ad infinitium. Don't even get me started on how Kate was able to read Claire's chart, understand the bloodwork mumbo jumbo, and get into the Hospital's computer system to change Shawn's blood type. All of that just so we could see 3 or more flashbacks every day that Kate knows that Phil is not the father and Shawn is.

I haven't turned it off yet and probably won't ever. Even as stupid as it gets, I will ff my way through.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:13 PM   #60
Martha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalma
Where does that leave Nicole? Why can't they find a man or even a storyline for Nicole? Arianne has come a long way and is a good actress, IMO.

I haven't turned it off yet and probably won't ever. Even as stupid as it gets, I will ff my way through.
I like Nicole too. Phillip will be free soon - I guess they could pair Nicole and Phillip together - just weird enough since she was married to Victor. A really good catfight situation would be if they tried to let Nicole compete against Kate for John. Yes, eeewww, but at least John is younger than Victor.

If I were writing DOOL I would not even question the paternity of Belle's baby and then 10 years from now, have her be in a car wreck or something and it all comes out - Wham! I prefer a little longer story arc than 3-4 days (which on Days takes 3-4 months).
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote