TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #1
SoBelle0
What's next?

Days of Our Lives - rants, spoilers, laughs

Okay, I couldn't find any threads on this, probly b/c no one watches it - but, if you do, I need to commiserate.

I do like Sami - think she made some seriously stupid choices with the whole Stan thing, which I wish she'd never done... but am glad that Kate finally got caught!! YAY!! If only Sami could have taken 2 seconds to consider Eugenia would have some sort of proof, she wouldn't be in this huge mess.

John's face drives me bonkers!!!! Oh my gosh - why does he do that?

The real Roman is back? Huh? Where is this going... is he really the real Roman? does he work for Stefano? is he Stefano? The storylines with Marlena are always the MOST unreal and annoying ones to me.

Well - that's enough for now. If anyone wants to talk about this show - now there's a thread. If no one replies I'll be forced to join the DOOL forum... and I'm afraid they might take the show a bit more seriously than I.
SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 02:39 AM   #2
melsbud

Whoa, WHAT? I used to be an avid Days fan, but every since the episodes started going downhill and I got a "life", I've only been able to watch once or twice a week. Kate got caught? Drugging Sami into fake-sleeping with Brandon? How did that happen??
Old 08-09-2005, 04:42 AM   #3
Martha

I record this everyday too . I usually ff through most stuff and stop if anything grabs my attention. Yes, Kate got caught and it was great! Short version - Eugenia had taped her and Kate's phone conversations as "insurance" that Kate would take care of her financially. Sami stalked her for a few days, found out she had the tapes, set off a smoke bomb to get Eugenia out of her apt., etc....Anyway at Lucas' birthday party, Sami pulled out the tapes and played them for everyone.

My biggest rant is Marlena too. The character has to be at least 60 (her grandson Will is a teenager, and her children are in their 30s and she didn't start having them until she was already a practicing MD) and she was pregnant? That was probably the lamest thing I've ever seen.

I also have no idea where OldRoman/NewRoman/John (please get a haircut) storyline is going.

I'm glad you started this thread! I've looked at the DOOL forums and you are so right - they take this stuff way too seriously. I couldn't stomach most of the postings.

Question - since I ff through a lot of it, I do tend to miss stuff sometimes , is there some possibility that Belle's baby is Shawn's? The way she keeps staring at herself in the mirror made me think maybe either 1) she's not really pregnant, or 2) it's not Phillip's?
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #4
cpalma

Well not all DOOL forums take it seriously! We bitch, moan and complain about the same things you guys are talking about. I'd be glad to pm a link to one of the ones I go to, if anyone is interested.

I tivo and watch DOOL every day (GH, too). I ff more than I watch, however as it is pretty over the top.

Belle/Shawn/Phil: Could it be Shawn's. In soap land, yes. In real life, doubtful as Belle and Shawn slept together 7 months ago (in real time). Will they go that route, youbetcha! [For those that missed it: Shawn and Belle were driving in bad weather and the car went off the road. Shawn rescued Belle from the icy water. They sought shelter in an old barn and Belle in her delirious state asked Shawn to make love to her. He did. They did. But neither of them remember. LOL]

Kate got hers, but Stan is going to pop up to bite Sami in the Ass.
Tony needs to die, but leave Bart alone.
Hope is kidnapped AGAIN!!! This will let the stupid writers have Bo and Billie search for "our daughter" and possibly reinvent their triangle AGAIN!!! We are supposed to believe this even after Billie raped Bo in that basement!
How many Romans does it take to save a Doc? Apparently 3. LOL

Oh, you've unleased a monster. Take this show seriously? LMAO Not this viewer.
cpalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:36 AM   #5
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I've been watching forever (since 1976 when I was 12 anyway). Note my username!!

I'm not as addicted as I used to be. As a matter of fact, my TiVo is full of episodes since the beginning of June but I'm slowly catching up. Spoilers don't bother me anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

I got hooked on the show in college and watched it for years since. I watched through the serial killer/secret island plot and mostly stopped watching. It is an entertaining show mostly because it is so over-the-top but I havn't seen many of the new plots.

How is the new actress for Belle shaping up? I mostly stopped watching a few weeks after the 2nd change of the actress. The first one was really bad and I hadn't completely decided on the 2nd one.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:19 AM   #7
legnaNJ

I have been watching this show on and off for about 20 years and ever since soapnet came around I have been watching it a little more. I enjoy to watch it because of the terrible acting....John-worst actor ever. When I am bored at work I go to the DOOL chatroom and I have to say those people are quite frighting, but at the same time amusing. Another funny thing is that they are bringing back another terrible actor..Austin...I don't know who is worse Austin or John, and can someone tell me where did roman lips go
legnaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:21 AM   #8
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnaNJ
I don't know who is worse Austin or John
John is the worst by far! And that's a fact!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:28 AM   #9
DougF

This show is the main reason my wife likes TiVo. She watches it in about 20-25 minutes by skipping commercials and the plots she's not interested in.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #10
SoBelle0
What's next?

I have a SP for every day, with it set to only keep the most current. So, during the week I may catch one and over the weekend I always manage to fit in Friday's show! And, yes TiVo makes it a dream to only spend 20 minutes or so catching the parts I care about... I also FF thru much of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude
How is the new actress for Belle shaping up? I mostly stopped watching a few weeks after the 2nd change of the actress. The first one was really bad and I hadn't completely decided on the 2nd one.
Well, the second Belle is slightly better than the 1st - but she's no star pupil. I have a better time of accepting her as a 20-something, which is a plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplama
Belle/Shawn/Phil: Could it be Shawn's. In soap land, yes. In real life, doubtful as Belle and Shawn slept together 7 months ago (in real time). Will they go that route, youbetcha!
Oh, how I hope not. It's been done to death!! But, I am sure you're right... here we go. Why did Belle say she was going to tell Phillip that she wanted to be with Shawn, but told him about the baby first. Then acted so surprised when he got excited about it.

On a less conflicting storyline - I really want Jack (I love Jack) to tell Jennifer about how sick he is. WB Frankie! Is he really leaving the show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legnaNJ
Another funny thing is that they are bringing back another terrible actor..Austin...
Austin is coming back? Oh no - another weird face-maker. I won't be able to stomach it if he and John ever have a conversation.

Last thing - the two little girls, Max Brady, Billie, and Patrick. Whoa - too much trying to happen with these people. I find myself FFing completely thru their scenes. So, who can tell me what's up - is it worth watching?
Old 08-09-2005, 01:10 PM   #11
legnaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0
So, who can tell me what's up - is it worth watching?

Not really, but I find myself watching 2-3 episodes a week. Same crap different day. Like I said when I am bored @ work I go to the soapnet.com and the read the synopsis on the days that I missed. It really is a horrible show..can't figure why I find myself turning to it.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:54 PM   #12
Martha

Quote:
Austin is coming back? Oh no - another weird face-maker. I won't be able to stomach it if he and John ever have a conversation.
Oh good grief. SURELY they won't hire the same actor that played him last time! That guy was pathetic! And if they put him in the room with John AND Patrick, their eyebrows will catch on fire from the friction of them standing around raising and lowering them so much!

I actually saved one episode where Patrick's acting was so awful that I actually laughed out loud.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:31 AM   #13
cpalma

Quote:
And if they put him in the room with John AND Patrick, their eyebrows will catch on fire from the friction of them standing around raising and lowering them so much!

That is too funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
Oh good grief. SURELY they won't hire the same actor that played him last time! That guy was pathetic!
I actually saved one episode where Patrick's acting was so awful that I actually laughed out loud.
Now you have to get your Austin's straight. We first had Patrick Muldoon. I thought he was dreamy at the time and didn't care if he could act. Then we had nu-Austin, Austin Peck (same name as his character--surely that doesn't bode well). I felt nu-Austin was an awful actor. He was also written as dumb as a door. My favorite euphamism for him was "Ausdumb".

Nu-Belle (2) (Martha Madison) is starting to make the character her own. If you can stand the repeat dialogue and the "I love you more/Now stay away from me" tug-of-war-thing the writers have got going on.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:44 AM   #14
Martha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalma
That is too funny!!

Now you have to get your Austin's straight. We first had Patrick Muldoon. I thought he was dreamy at the time and didn't care if he could act. Then we had nu-Austin, Austin Peck (same name as his character--surely that doesn't bode well). I felt nu-Austin was an awful actor. He was also written as dumb as a door. My favorite euphamism for him was "Ausdumb".
Actually I meant the character Patrick. I cannot stand the guy's acting - I have no idea what the actors name is who plays him.

Austin Peck who played the character Austin is the guy I can't believe they would rehire. He was a bad actor and his character was dumb as a stump. Is Austin Peck the guy who's coming back or did they hire someone new?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #15
legnaNJ

Quote:
Austin Peck who played the character Austin is the guy I can't believe they would rehire. He was a bad actor and his character was dumb as a stump. Is Austin Peck the guy who's coming back or did they hire someone new?

Actually they hired the same guy... I don't get either
Old 08-10-2005, 11:58 AM   #16
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Actually I meant the character Patrick. I cannot stand the guy's acting - I have no idea what the actors name is who plays him.

Austin Peck is considered a fan favorite.
I guess because of how he looks with his shirt off.

I'd rather they bring back Julianne Morris.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:51 PM   #17
DVC California

Quote:
The real Roman is back? Huh? Where is this going... is he really the real Roman? does he work for Stefano? is he Stefano?
What?!? They're bringing back the original Roman? What about the current Roman...didn't he use to be the guy that owned the bar/restaurant/supper club "Blondies"?

I don't think we'll ever see the orig. Stefano as he is quite happily occupied on the "Bold and the Beautiful".

But what if Stafano had plastic surgery to make him look like the old Roman, so he could win over Marlena (he always had the hots for her!). Or what if the new/old Roman is really a pawn of the ISA trying to lure Stefano into revealing himself!

Or what if .....
DVC California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:30 PM   #18
Rcrew

Paging MnoelH.. Paging MnoelH...
Rcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #19
SoBelle0
What's next?

Quote:
Oh good grief. SURELY they won't hire the same actor that played him last time! That guy was pathetic! And if they put him in the room with John AND Patrick, their eyebrows will catch on fire from the friction of them standing around raising and lowering them so much!
That totally made my day!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California
But what if Stafano had plastic surgery to make him look like the old Roman, so he could win over Marlena (he always had the hots for her!). Or what if the new/old Roman is really a pawn of the ISA trying to lure Stefano into revealing himself!

Or what if .....
They've been doing flashbacks of the original Roman and Marlena together over candlelight... interesting.

I've been thinking along the lines stated above. That Stefano has had 'yet another' plastic surgery/mask/whatever to make himself look like the orig Roman.

Or what if... the possibilities are endless on this crazy show.

And, yes, cpalma - silly Belle and her "I can't imagine my life without you, Shawn" then seconds later "we can never see each other again, I'm with Phillip." Just pick one and let's all move on with our lives.

And, I'll just add again - I am sooo sick of Kate. Nobody whines with a condescending attitude quite like Kate - get a grip girl.

Rcrew - does MNoelH watch this show? I think we may need her input here....
Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #20
cpalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung
Austin Peck is considered a fan favorite.
I guess because of how he looks with his shirt off.
Well I guess that's debatable. It's widely rumored that J. Reilley (head writer) likes them (male actors) with their shirts off more. The only problem I had with Peck is how they wrote the character. There isn't a soap character ever written dumber. Ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC California
Wow, do you write for Days? Sounds far fetched enough to actually work!

Of all the nonsense we actually see on a daily basis, I'm not minding Roman 3 (or is that Roman 1) back on the scene. Time will tell what his "diabolical" plan for Marlena is. muuaaahhaahaa!

Kate and her flaring nostrils need a vacation. Busy Body Mother doesn't begin to describe this woman. Even after she's lost her son and husband, when talking to Billie, all she can talk about is Billie getting back together with Bo!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #21
Nfuego
Finally-My ugly mug

I too am a DOOL watcher...

I watch it off and on...

The great thing about it is that you miss 6 months real time and then watch an episode and it seems like 4 days have gone by!
I haven't watched in a while. My wife has FF thru many episodes so I see bits and pieces.

For a while, we would set the TiVo to save 5 episodes and watch the whole weeks worth on Friday or Saturday night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nfuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #22
Martha

[quote=SoBelle0And, yes, cpalma - silly Belle and her "I can't imagine my life without you, Shawn" then seconds later "we can never see each other again, I'm with Phillip." Just pick one and let's all move on with our lives.

[/QUOTE]

I used to actually watch the Shawn/Belle scenes, but now I ff through them because it is the same conversation OVER AND OVER!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #23
mgar

I used to watch this show back in the 80's when I was in college. My wife continued to record it on VHS until the mid 90's, then we took about 5 years off. When I got TiVo three years ago, my wife started recording it again and I have been watching most of the episodes since then.

It's about time that Kate got caught. It will be interesting if the show will ever let anything actually go Sami's way.

Also ... don't tell anyone I actually watch this show
mgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 PM   #24
BeanMeScot
Sci-Fi Junkie

TC CLUB MEMBER
I recorded it religiously for about 24 years but I just go to where I couldn't stomach it anymore. I would turn it on then go into another room to get on the computer and just listen to it. I have turned it on SoapNet a couple of times out of curiousity. What is wrong with Jack? Is it the Hodgkin's?
BeanMeScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #25
SoBelle0
What's next?

<booming announcer voice>mgar does not watch DOOL. Repeat... mgar does not watch DOOL.</booming announcer voice> There, that'll keep the naysayers at bay. for a while.

I also FF thru the Belle scenes - lately no matter who she's talking to... but, if I see anew 'new' facial expressions I will stop to double check I'm not missing something important. Not sure what that would be - but I don't want to miss it, just in case.

BeanMeScot - we do not know what's really wrong with Jack. He's dying and has very little time. They haven't gotten any more specific that I know of... but, I may have missed it. I don't get to watch every day - but I never FF thru a Jack scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalma
Kate and her flaring nostrils need a vacation. Busy Body Mother doesn't begin to describe this woman. Even after she's lost her son and husband, when talking to Billie, all she can talk about is Billie getting back together with Bo!
I know it!! What is with her... I have never seen - even in crazy soap world - anyone who is actually the center of the universe, not just thinks she is - but is absolutely certain of it. Well, her and her kids. I am just so tired of her. I couldn't stand she and John together either - my gosh - is this a competition to see who can be more dramatic?

I'm so glad you all responded to my thread!! I love laughing about these people and this show in general. But, I still can't stop watching. I've been watching off and on since High School. My grandmother watched it every day - and would keep me up-to-date during the school year (until we finally got a VCR) - it was such fun for she and I to gab about these crazy folks.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #26
Martha

Nobody really knows what is wrong with Jack - HOWEVER, a lot of the people that were held on the island have come up with strange health "issues"....Marlena's pregnancy (again, at the age of 60ish?), Abe goes blind and is impotent, Jack is dying; are there others?

Sobello - funny story about grannys and Days - for years, my grandmother took care of my feeble, senile great aunt. One day, Grandma had been out working in the garden and came in to find Aunt Ida sitting in the chair sobbing. Grandma anxiously asks what's wrong, etc. Aunt Ida tells her she just found out Maggie's baby died! My grandmother is trying to calm her down and finally says, "Who is Maggie?" Character on her soap!!! My grandmother told that story for years!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #27
mgar

Based on how this show works, I would bet that Jack's illness is related to his stay on the island. His death may be just another fake death masterminded by Demira.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #28
Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgar
Based on how this show works, I would bet that Jack's illness is related to his stay on the island. His death may be just another fake death masterminded by Demira.
Alright, my wife watches every minute of every show since forever and I think the first time Tivo got whole week and we could stop taping it, she was sold. So, I, via osmosis sort of know what's going on (possessed Marlena was the best! Whoops, out the window you go!) but this must be like the 3rd time that Jack is dying/dead. And John Black and the "face", one of his two looks, the other being nothing. Ya just gotta laugh!
Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #29
mgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad
Alright, my wife watches every minute of every show since forever and I think the first time Tivo got whole week and we could stop taping it, she was sold. So, I, via osmosis sort of know what's going on (possessed Marlena was the best! Whoops, out the window you go!) but this must be like the 3rd time that Jack is dying/dead. And John Black and the "face", one of his two looks, the other being nothing. Ya just gotta laugh!
And with that, another Days watcher has been outed
Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 AM   #30
cwoody222

I've been watching DOOL for about 15 years. Daily.

Why all the hatin' on Austin Peck? I love him (moreso w/ his shirt off) and I'm glad he's coming back. I do not like when Sami's happy... we need Austin to get in the way of her and Lucas. And will someone please tell Lucas to get rid of that ridiculous mustache!!!

Patrick bugs me... just because his story is so annoying. He doesn't really serve a purpose.

I love seeing Frankie back but I fear they're underutilizing him just like they did with Lisa Rinna 2 years or so ago.

Belle's baby BETTER not be Shawn's since they slept together during an ice storm! Stupid. But, hey, if her mom can have miracle pregnancies! I watch the Belle/Shawn scenes but only because I love Jason Cook (Shawn).

I have no idea where the story with Alex North is going but I love seeing Wayne Northrup back again. The scene a few days ago with Marlena waking up all ALL THREE "Romans" were there was awesome!!!