TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #2341
lew

HDVR2, current software 6.2a, USB FA120. Worked fine until

1) Ran superpatch, set_mrv, ran wrong version first and enhancement script.

My driver is no longer being recognized. Excerpt from log follows:

I reinstalled enhancement script, I figured that would upgrade the driver (assuming my driver was corrupt.

ANY SUGGESTIONS.
Quote:

/dev/hda9 was not cleanly unmounted, check forced.
Inode 6155, i_blocks wrong 1698 (counted=1686). Set i_blocks to counted? yes

Inode 6148, i_blocks wrong 670 (counted=664). Set i_blocks to counted? yes

Inode 6152, i_blocks wrong 3178 (counted=3168). Set i_blocks to counted? yes

Fix summary information? yes

/dev/hda9: 806/32768 files (2.9% non-contiguous), 15698/131072 blocks
Cleanup /dev/hda9 pass 2
ext2fs_check_if_mount: No such file or directory while determining whether /dev/
hda9 is mounted.
/dev/hda9: clean, 806/32768 files, 15698/131072 blocks
/dev/hda9 is clean after pass 2
Mounting /var
/dev/hda9 on /var type ext2 (rw)
Cleaning up files in /var
Checking space in /var
Mounting initial environment
Starting logging daemons
Found Silicon Labs "Si2433" modem, rev F, skipping modem patch
Scanning for phase1 repair scripts
Running boot Stage C_MediaInitialization scripts
Loading input section drivers
cobra module was successfully installed, LNBPA 0x10 LNBPB 0x16
Loading output section drivers
Splash the screen
Running boot Stage D_PreMfs scripts
Remote control is TIVO
MFS partition on /dev/hda10
Loading Provo dssapp
Look for debug board
/tvbin/dssapp: DSS Interface Version 1.24, compiled on Aug 11 2006
Loading irblast
Loading ideturbo
Loading fan
Loading therm
Loading TvBus router
Updating system clock
Time set to: Wed Mar 7 01:57:27 2007
Enabling local route
Setting TCP keepalive parameters
Checking for additional disk
Start fan control
First temperature parameters set:
Terminal temp: 71
Critical temp: 62
Logging temp: 60
Target temp: 50
Lowest fan speed: 7
/tvbin/fancontrol is running in the background.
Starting TvLauncher
PokeFirewallPort: Poking hole through firewall at port 2191, protocol tcp
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
Waiting for launcher to start.
Launcher is running.
Scanning for phase2 repair scripts
Running boot Stage E_PreApplication scripts
Checking for database conversions
No upgrade to load
Not upgrading software
Scanning for phase3 repair scripts
Running boot Stage F_ApplicationLaunch scripts
Starting Services.
Microcode version is TiVo!
Found hpk front panel model 1
PCI: 00:0d.2 PCI cache line size set incorrectly (0 bytes) by BIOS/FW, correctin
g to 32
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x846/0x1040) is not claimed by any active driver

lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #2342
ukerin

I want my channel logos back because a while back they disappeared after totally restarting my system.But I do not understand what this solution is about.My knowledge of the computer and Tivo is very limited .Is this something I do with my Tivo or on a computer.
ukerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #2343
cyklfreak

is there any way to keep this script from trying to d/l the latest from the web...
i hav dial-up(live in the boonies) But my tivos are on a router and I want MRV

when I run the script it stops when it can't d/l the newest file...

any ideas?
cyklfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:45 AM   #2344
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyklfreak
is there any way to keep this script from trying to d/l the latest from the web...
i hav dial-up(live in the boonies) But my tivos are on a router and I want MRV

when I run the script it stops when it can't d/l the newest file...

any ideas?
Copy rbautch_files.tgz to the directory you're running tweak.sh from. You can find it in the zipper scripts. It's the file your tivo is looking for during the wget download.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #2345
Knocka

I had a connectivity problem and re-zippered my drive with the latest version. I have three problems and would appreciate any help:

(1) When I telnet to the drive, I cannot get a list of files and folders using the LS command. Instead, if I type ls at the bash prompt, I get PID TTY and then TIME CMD and then what look like time stamps (00:00:00). Before rezippering, I was able to list the files and folders.

(2) I ran tweak.sh. I said "R" to the question about removing the original Tivo image to save space. I hope this did not kill anything. When it asked if I wanted to install the USB 2.0 Drivers for greater speed, I said yes. After rebooting, my connection was again broken. I had to re-zipper again. I then tried saying "no" to the same question. After rebooting, connection broken. Cannot telnet in.

Bottom line is, if I run Tweak.sh, I break the connection. It must be overwriting the driver for the Linksys USB200 version 2. Is there a way to put the correct drivers back?

I appreciate the help.

Last edited by Knocka : 03-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Knocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #2346
joevv

Hi , I just upgradded from a previous version of the zipper to version 2.8.
when I telnet into the tivo and try to run tweak.sh it just hangs at the prompt . no error messages or anything. this happens no matter what command i try to run, eg; ls.

HDVR2 6.2
joevv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #2347
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevv
when I telnet into the tivo and try to run tweak.sh it just hangs at the prompt . no error messages or anything. this happens no matter what command i try to run, eg; ls.

HDVR2 6.2
How exactly did you "Ugrade from a previous version of zipper to 2.8"?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:31 AM   #2348
joshnat

Hi, I've been running a Phillips DSR7000 for more than a year now, having hacked with the Zipper. I think I updated the hack script last summer. I decided to update it again and ran uninstall_tweak.sh. Unfortunately, tweak.sh didn't work, so I downloaded, unzipped and ftp'd the newest to the /hacks directory. Now when I run it I get the following error:

tweak.sh: line 32: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
'weak.sh: line 32: ` fi

I have run Dos2Unix on it and get the same result. I'm using a Mac with Transmit as my ftp client, with transfers set as ASCII.
joshnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #2349
Finnstang
King of the North

always have transfer set to binary when putting files on the TiVo.
You are a genius, Finn! - Tracy
Finnstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #2350
joshnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnstang
always have transfer set to binary when putting files on the TiVo.
Oops. I knew it was one or the other. I'll try that and post results.
joshnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #2351
acii

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevv

HDVR2 6.2
Oddly enough I just had the same experience. On two HDVR2's that I had hacked prior to the Zipper, I used 2.8 to rehack after my phone lines were left connected in the process of muddling up to 6.2a.

Both Tivos were upgraded to 6.2a finally using BTUx9's ingenious approach and upgraded in the last two days again by DTV. I used the Zipper yesterday on a 2-drive HDVR2 that went without a hitch yesterday. I had to reinstall Russ' superb Tweak.sh , but all was normal.

Today a single drive Zipper went fine using my 6.2a image (as I did yesterday) and is working fine without running the Enhancement script. In other words, it's still totally hacked after using Zipper. But in the process of trying to run tweak.sh, I get results similar to joevv.

The only reason I'm mildly surprised is that I've had occasion to use Tweak maybe 50 times and this is the first time I've seen it complain.

Telnet comes up with the prompt <none>#. Tweak.sh did complain about a lack of space due to tivoapp backup, but that was it. No output, etc.

Fortunately I had a serial cable attached when I rebooted from using the Zipper and saved the output. Maybe there's something to be learned in there.
acii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #2352
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acii
Oddly enough I just had the same experience. On two HDVR2's that I had hacked prior to the Zipper, I used 2.8 to rehack after my phone lines were left connected in the process of muddling up to 6.2a.

Both Tivos were upgraded to 6.2a finally using BTUx9's ingenious approach and upgraded in the last two days again by DTV. I used the Zipper yesterday on a 2-drive HDVR2 that went without a hitch yesterday. I had to reinstall Russ' superb Tweak.sh , but all was normal.

Today a single drive Zipper went fine using my 6.2a image (as I did yesterday) and is working fine without running the Enhancement script. In other words, it's still totally hacked after using Zipper. But in the process of trying to run tweak.sh, I get results similar to joevv.

The only reason I'm mildly surprised is that I've had occasion to use Tweak maybe 50 times and this is the first time I've seen it complain.

Telnet comes up with the prompt <none>#. Tweak.sh did complain about a lack of space due to tivoapp backup, but that was it. No output, etc.

Fortunately I had a serial cable attached when I rebooted from using the Zipper and saved the output. Maybe there's something to be learned in there.
This may a problem with your busybox distribution. Start reading here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rbautch : 03-21-2007 at 09:31 PM.
rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:53 PM   #2353
acii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
This may a problem with your busybox distribution. Start reading here.
Reinstalled busybox at which point I go into a reboot loop:

Code:
 Terminal temp: 71                   
  Critical temp: 62                   
  Logging temp: 60
  Target temp: 50
  Lowest fan speed: 7
/tvbin/fancontrol is running in the background.
Starting TvLauncher
Tmk Assertion Failure:
    Foreground, line 512 ()
Tmk Fatal Error: Thread TvLauncher <83> strayed!
Paste the following into a shell to get a backtrace...

bt -t /tvbin/tivoapp <<END_OF_BT
  read 0x2aaa8000 /lib/ld.so.1
  read 0x2ab04000 /lib/libutil.so.1
  read 0x2ab48000 /lib/libdl.so.2
  read 0x2ab8c000 /lib/libpthread.so.0
  read 0x2abe8000 /lib/libm.so.6
  read 0x2acb0000 /lib/libc.so.6
  0x0075d588 0x0075fbf0 0x00612f18 0x00403090 0x2acc13fc
END_OF_BT

Tmk Fatal Error: Thread TvLauncher <83>: assertion failure
flushing ide devices: hda
Restarting system.
Seems I have 6.2a on both partitions, so switching root might help, but bootpage -P command reverts to hda4 (using rw).

Also bootpage -ba shows 4 and 7 which are my root partitions instead of 3 and 6.
I'm using the version of bootpage that's used in zipper. I assume this is the correct version.

Boot problems that fail as this one does appear to be indecipherable, but it seems that this HDVR2 still has some working parts somewhere if I could get to them.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this and thanks.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 PM   #2354
rbautch
User

Hard to believe busybox was the cause, but you could start by dd'ing your alternate root partition to you active one, making sure your author file is in tact. It also looks like bootpage is reporting the wrong kernel partitions - bootpage shows 3 and 6 on all my zippered tivos. So, you could also try dd'ing a hacked kernel to your boot partitions. It might just be easier to mount the drive in your pc, delete any remnants of busybox, and re-run the zipper on it.

or

Old 03-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #2355
acii

Quote:
Hard to believe busybox was the cause, but you could start by dd'ing your alternate root partition to you active one, making sure your author file is in tact. It also looks like bootpage is reporting the wrong kernel partitions - bootpage shows 3 and 6 on all my zippered tivos. So, you could also try dd'ing a hacked kernel to your boot partitions. It might just be easier to mount the drive in your pc, delete any remnants of busybox, and re-run the zipper on it.
Hi, Russ

I really don't think busybox was the cause of all this. I've tried rerunning zipper, but not fully deleting busy box components. Mounting in the pc is certainly not a problem. That's where it's living these days.

Your note raises a question that might be relevant. When I reviewed serial output, I ftp'd tivoapp.original from my other hdvr2, burned it in the zipper cd.iso and then used cp to replace the app on the damaged hdvr2. Is there a significant difference in the use of dd vs. cp here?

Thanks for your assistance as always. Some good ideas here.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:06 PM   #2356
rbautch
User

Using cp to replace the tivoapp just replaces the tivoapp, or any other file. Using dd replaces the entire partition. I suggested it to help narrow down to problem to something other than an anomaly in your root filesystem partition.

When I totally fubar a tivo, and the problem is not readily apparent, I take a known good drive from another tivo and put it in a pc with my problem drive. Then I dd the known good root and kernel partitions to the problem drive. If that doesnt work, then I do a clear and delete guide data, etc. If that doesn't work, I force an MFS repair with the green screen of death. If that doesn't work, I reimage. This is kind of a brute force approach when all else fails.

or

Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #2357
acii

Quote:
Using cp to replace the tivoapp just replaces the tivoapp, or any other file. Using dd replaces the entire partition. I suggested it to help narrow down to problem to something other than an anomaly in your root filesystem partition.

When I totally fubar a tivo, and the problem is not readily apparent, I take a known good drive from another tivo and put it in a pc with my problem drive. Then I dd the known good root and kernel partitions to the problem drive. If that doesnt work, then I do a clear and delete guide data, etc. If that doesn't work, I force an MFS repair with the green screen of death. If that doesn't work, I reimage. This is kind of a brute force approach when all else fails.
The methodology of a programmer. Wish I had seen this prior to taking the last step (reimaging). I got fed up trying to repair things, particularly through the search engine used at DDB.

Prior to reimaging, I dd'd partition 7 to 4. For a brief moment I thought I had it, but linux choked on what is apparently a known bug in this version of Linux (ext2_check_page denial of service). I received the same error message when trying to access some files in /etc on the pc. Obviously some corruption somewhere.

My only serious losses were a couple of episodes of Rome and an episode of 24, all readily available.

Thanks once again for your assistance here and to the Community in general.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #2358
NLucier

Quote:
tweak.sh is not actually the hack script, it's just a wrapper script that downloads the "main script" and runs it. If you want to skip the download, you can copy the rbautch_files.tgz archive from the Zipper CD to the same directory as tweak.sh. tweak.sh will recognize the archive and will skip the download.
Just something I found while trying to figure out why my Airlink adapter as well as a USB200Mv2.0 were not working on a newly 'zippered' box. The rbautch_files.tgz file that was included in the Zipper.zip file I downloaded apparently was old. When I ran tweak.sh, it didn't include the Airlink or USB200M entries in the usb.map file, nor did it include them during the initial Zipper operation while the drive is mounted in the PC. I still haven't gotten that to work yet..I need to use a USB200Mv1 still upon initially running Tweak, even though the guide I was using says it's done during the PC mounted portion. I ended up unistalling tweak and re-installing letting it use the auto-download and it worked fine.

Either the link to the download I used for zipper.zip was old (most likely) or the incorrect tgz file is in the current zipper and could be the cause of the problems I'm seeing while looking over the past few months of posts while researching my problem.

At this point I only have one problem with the newly zippered box.

The newly done box isn't working with MRV. It doesn't show my TivoServer which is fully viewable on my first DTivo. The two DTivo's also aren't displaying each other in the Now Playing list. I have made sure the MRV stuff was done using the module in TWP on the new box. Is there any kind of check that I coud be doing on the CLI that will show me that MRV is functioning as far as the Tivo knows? If it helps, this new box is one that I'm doing for a friend before he moves out of state and is currently unsubbed while they are in a rental house.

What logs would I need to pull from the Tivo to help figure this out?

EDIT: And now the MRV problem is solved. Had to run the superpatch again for some reason. Thought that was already done.

Nate

Last edited by NLucier : 03-27-2007 at 12:41 PM.
NLucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #2359
shn2006

How to change network connectivity from wired to wireless?

Hi,
I've had zippered DTivo (DSR7000) for a while now and it was connected in wired mode through linksys usb2.0 adapter. I recently moved to new place and wired connectivity doesn't seem to be an option - so I got my self USB2.0 wireless adapter (Trendnet TEW-424UB) and need to set it up now.

Questions:
- Is this adapter supported - how do I know and if possible how do I add driver for that.
- How do I change the TCP parameters to go to wireless mode? I remember that original zipper screipt used to ask this things - not sure if I can do it directly through reload of tweak.sh
FYI I have made that cable (forgot ther name) and have used that for terminal connectivity in past.
Thanks for your help -If I'm in wrong forum, please let me know and I'll post it to the appropriate forum
ShN
shn2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #2360
rbautch
User

That adapter is not supported, and it's not easy to add a driver. I suggest either purchasing a supported wireless adapter, or using a wired adapter with a wireless bridge. To change your IP paramters to support wireless, run /enhancements/setSSIDwep.tcl.

or

Old 04-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #2361
rbautch
User

Version 5.3 Released!

Here are the changes:

- Using Tivowebplus version 2.0.
- Export TWP_DATA_DIR=/var/TWP to eliminate read-only errors when running TWP
- Added support for 8.1 software
- Misc fixes for standalones

or

Old 04-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #2362
shn2006

Quote:
That adapter is not supported, and it's not easy to add a driver. I suggest either purchasing a supported wireless adapter, or using a wired adapter with a wireless bridge. To change your IP paramters to support wireless, run /enhancements/setSSIDwep.tcl.
Thanks. I will go the wireless bridge route.

: )

PS: Just out of curiosity - Could you please point me to any web resource that discusses updating/adding USB drivers to Tivo? Later this month I may have some time on hand when I could try some serious things with linux kernel.

Last edited by shn2006 : 04-02-2007 at 06:25 PM.
shn2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #2363
texster

Version 5.3 Released!

Thanks Russ.
Re-tweaked and all is good.

Questions/comments about the included version of TWP......

From the "Info" page:
Quote:
Version 2.0.0 (oztivo-070205)

./load.tcl differs from the distribution
./modules/backup.itcl differs from the distribution
./modules/ui_record.itcl.swp is missing from your installation
1. The TWP 2.0 DST fix wasn't implemented until distro 070321, but all times (TODO, current time etc.) look good on this modded earlier distribution.
2. Are the differences showing above correct for this version or is there something funky with my install?
3. Given the tweak script's "under the hood" mods to TWP is there any reason (or not) to update to the latest TWP distribution?
texster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #2364
rbautch
User

The differences look right. I included a fairly recent TWP distribution (within a few weeks). The only change I made was to replace backup.itcl with a beta version that fixed a problem I was having restoring season passes on my 6.2a boxes. This beta may very well have been incorporated into the latest distribution. The only other change I made was to modify load.tcl to display your tivo name.

or

Old 04-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #2365
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shn2006
Thanks. I will go the wireless bridge route.

: )

PS: Just out of curiosity - Could you please point me to any web resource that discusses updating/adding USB drivers to Tivo? Later this month I may have some time on hand when I could try some serious things with linux kernel.
Look for Jamie's backported USB driver thread on DDB.

or

Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #2366
captainjrl

How do you upgrade to a newer version of this package?
captainjrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM   #2367
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjrl
How do you upgrade to a newer version of this package?
Run the latest tweak.sh (see first post in this thread). It will uninstall the previous version, download and install the latest.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #2368
luder

I just want to mention my experiance couple days ago located http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=346998

But, i'm not sure how to narrow what I went thru.

Long journey.....
I had a perfect 6.2 zipper with 160gb hardrive.. but, when 6.2a was rolling out I started getting issues.. I did get 6.2a from d* and cron erased it with a reboot i found out later that it was invoked by Swsystem.. And belive me it was frustrating i found every thing that was needed to allow 6.2a to stream to the unit but, took me 1 month before the due date. A tip is not to do any force calls everytime you do it just set's the date back further.. Finally, i realized that 6.2a was in MFS i started to do the procedures but, I didnt double check the right partition and all the domino's fell. So had to reinstall 6.2 to the 160gb hardrive. i decided to start over with a fresh 6.2 and finally recieved 6.2a..

So incause you didnt know my account was suspended b/c i was out of town. When i left it was 6.2 and when i came back i had a pending restart.. I had to make three iso's the first i don't remember what happen. The second iso was 2.9 zipper ISO it was created right when stonnersmurf found diff for tivoapp i remember sombody say you can use stonnersmurf fix merge the differance to NutKase.itcl. but, i waited a few weeks after and used 6.2a.itcl and zipped the second 6.2a zipper ISO with imgburn .. I then try to finish the process but, my usb ethernet was not reconized so it did not power up the usb adapter and thought well, maybe i should activate my service so i did and was able to watch tv but, was not able to record so I used C.D.E and re zipped with the third iso and still had the same symptoms so then i checked out system info it stated that a next call was in for a day or two @ 4am so i waited.
When that time came i forced a call and it failed at negotiating

But, if it wasnt for JW,Gunny,Rbautch I wouldnt be writing this thank you for preventing a massive reconstruction I still have 6.2 drive as a backup and 6.2a as current and I just want you guys to pat yourselfs on your back and wish i could do more for you guys (if you guys have any car questions let me know).. I just want to thank you and guys that are not here for giving me strength.. And wouldnt be here without all of you and will continue to do my part to the fullest to my knowledge to help others.. I'll try to get my projects done for psu so watch out you guys i'm back in gear I hope everyone have a good friday b/c i know i need it...

Last edited by luder : 04-06-2007 at 01:27 AM.
luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #2369
MurrayW
Murray

Problem Updating to Latest Version

I have an HR10-250 running 6.3C that is hacked and has been on 6.3C for a month or so. I decided to update to the newest tweak.sh and ran into some problems.
I telneted into my HR10-250, ran tweak.sh and it went through the process of uploading a new version and started running the script.

The first problem I had was when the script asked me if I wanted to install the Joe editor. This is what came back from the bash prompt after I said yes.
PHP Code:
tarWrite ErrorNo space left on device
 tar
Invalid tar magic 
The script then proceeded to the next step, "Do you want to make Joe your default editor"...I said yes and the script continued through a few more steps. At the "Do you want to install USB 2.0 drivers..." step, I said yes, and the script returned:
PHP Code:
Backing up old driver<sto /lib/modules/backups-originstalling new drivers... 
and quit responding. It has been hung at this step for ~45 minutes now. I am using a Netgear FA120 adapter.

What should I do to recover from this problem?

thanks,
Murray

Update: I Ctrl C'd out of the script, ran e2fsck and started tweak.sh again. I got past the first error at the Joe editor script but it still hung at the backing up drivers step.

Update2: I deleted the /lib/modules/backups-orig folder and ran tweak.sh again and the script ran fine this time!

Last edited by MurrayW : 04-07-2007 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Update2
MurrayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #2370
thespacepope72

Thanks for posting this. I was having the same problem with the drivers as you had. Your solution worked well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayW
I have an HR10-250 running 6.3C that is hacked and has been on 6.3C for a month or so. I decided to update to the newest tweak.sh and ran into some problems.
I telneted into my HR10-250, ran tweak.sh and it went through the process of uploading a new version and started running the script.

The first problem I had was when the script asked me if I wanted to install the Joe editor. This is what came back from the bash prompt after I said yes.
PHP Code:
tarWrite ErrorNo space left on device
 tar
Invalid tar magic 
The script then proceeded to the next step, "Do you want to make Joe your default editor"...I said yes and the script continued through a few more steps. At the "Do you want to install USB 2.0 drivers..." step, I said yes, and the script returned:
PHP Code:
Backing up old driver<sto /lib/modules/backups-originstalling new drivers... 
and quit responding. It has been hung at this step for ~45 minutes now. I am using a Netgear FA120 adapter.

What should I do to recover from this problem?

thanks,
Murray

Update: I Ctrl C'd out of the script, ran e2fsck and started tweak.sh again. I got past the first error at the Joe editor script but it still hung at the backing up drivers step.

Update2: I deleted the /lib/modules/backups-orig folder and ran tweak.sh again and the script ran fine this time!

thespacepope72 is offline   Reply With Quote