TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2007, 10:06 AM   #2281
aprest

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunami
OK, I know there are tons of questions relating to Crond not running. But that is the problem, there are tons of questions and finding all of them is tough.
Let me please explain my situation and hope somebody can help guide me to a reason crond isn't running.
OK the line /busybox/crond is in the author file like it should be but it doesn't run (checking with PS).
OK, if I type crond it starts. If I then kill it and type cd /busybox/crond it runs, if I type cd /busybox; crond it runs.
I can get it to run only by manually starting it.
I can do that but it is driving me crazy.
By the way, uninstalled tweak and reran it assuming that would fix it as well.
I had similar problems and after reading about crond and getting advice from this thread and other threads including "Upgrading Your Hacked HR10-250 to 6.3" I found that the following approach worked (note that this is for an HR10-250 and you didn't say what you have):

Fixing an HR10-250 after slicing from 3.1.5f to 6.3B
(might need to run rw at bash to allow the changes)

1) run /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh to rebuild the symlinks in var

2) run PS from bash, write down the number (XXX) beside busybox/crond and then run kill XXX

3) enter the following commands at bash:

echo 'root:x:0:0:root:/:/bin/sh' > /etc/passwd
echo 'root:x:0: ' > /etc/group

Check the /etc/passwd and /etc/group to confirm the changes.

4) make the following change in fakecall.tcl:

to: try { dbobj $ssobj set Complete 7 } catch junk { }

5) at bash run busybox/crond & run PS from bash to make sure crond is running

6) make drive ro

7) run fakecal.tcl from bash and check System Information for change

8) check root in /enhancements/varhacks/spool/cron/crontabs/ to make sure fakecall.tcl is shown

9) make sure that fakecall.tcl is shown in rc.sysinit.author and busybox is in the root as is crond

10) make the following change in root so that running fakecall.tcl gets recorded in cronlog-main:

# Run fakecall every night at 10:20pm cst
20 4 * * * tivosh /busybox/fakecall.tcl; echo "`date` fakecall ran" >> /var/log/cronlog-main

10) check cron.test.out and cronlog-main in /var/log to see what is running

11) from bash run root -- if you get the error "couldn't open '/tivo-bin/etc/joerc'" then FTP .joerc to the root & rerun root

12) from bash run ls -a (the -a will show hidden files and folders, which have the . before them) and check that .joerc is present

If you run tweak.sh after slicing from 3.1.5f to 6.3b you need to once again make the above changes. In addition rerunning tweak.sh also makes major changes in the root in that it eliminates turning TWP off and then on. Note also that in root the "run" command for TWP changes from /enhancements/TWPrun.sh to /TivoWebPlus/tivoweb. Plus rc.syinit.author also gets changed dramatically with redundant commands, an additional "enhancements in the path, and a change in the command to run TWP as shown above.

You will also have to reinstall Hackman after rerunning tweak.sh. Check (and FTP if necessary) so that "find" and "sendkey" are in /TivoWebPlus/bin_mips, that hackman.itcl and xPlusx.itcl are in /TivoWebPlus/modules, and that the *.png image files are in /TivoWebPlus/images. After getting the Hackman files installed do a Quick Start from within TWP. To eliminate the "more" in TWP, delete {more}.itcl from /TivoWebPlus/modules.
aprest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #2282
sonyuser

Is there any reason why this script connot be Tweak-Uninstalled and then reinstalled on a unit that has most recently had its card deactivated? I am thinking about selling on e-bay but want to reinstall with the CALLERID function active.
sonyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #2283
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyuser
Is there any reason why this script connot be Tweak-Uninstalled and then reinstalled on a unit that has most recently had its card deactivated? I am thinking about selling on e-bay but want to reinstall with the CALLERID function active.
to uninstall telnet in and

Code:
cd /hacks
sh tweak_uninstall.sh

Old 01-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #2284
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprest
If you run tweak.sh after slicing from 3.1.5f to 6.3b you need to once again make the above changes. In addition rerunning tweak.sh also makes major changes in the root in that it eliminates turning TWP off and then on. Note also that in root the "run" command for TWP changes from /enhancements/TWPrun.sh to /TivoWebPlus/tivoweb. Plus rc.syinit.author also gets changed dramatically with redundant commands, an additional "enhancements in the path, and a change in the command to run TWP as shown above.

You will also have to reinstall Hackman after rerunning tweak.sh. Check (and FTP if necessary) so that "find" and "sendkey" are in /TivoWebPlus/bin_mips, that hackman.itcl and xPlusx.itcl are in /TivoWebPlus/modules, and that the *.png image files are in /TivoWebPlus/images. After getting the Hackman files installed do a Quick Start from within TWP. To eliminate the "more" in TWP, delete {more}.itcl from /TivoWebPlus/modules.
This part is not entirely correct. Running tweak.sh will create the user definitions you described above, so you won't have to do it manually. Nor will you need to modify fakecall, since tweak.sh installs a version that I modified to work with 6.3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #2285
aprest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
This part is not entirely correct. Running tweak.sh will create the user definitions you described above, so you won't have to do it manually. Nor will you need to modify fakecall, since tweak.sh installs a version that I modified to work with 6.3.
I believe that I reran tweak.sh before you modified your enhancement files to work with 6.3. At the bash I entered tweak.sh which did an uninstall and then downloaded and installed the version of the rbautch_files.tgz that was dated 12/23/2006. Are you saying that your latest version dated 1/25/2007 avoids the need to rerun some of the steps that I showed in my post?

I now have everything working fine but plan to Zipper another pair of drives for one of my HR10-250. Thanks for your help.
aprest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #2286
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyuser
If you would like to sell a previously hacked unit on Ebay, then you need to wipe all hacks and start with a clean image. Probably every bit of modified software you are using on your tivo carries a license stating it cannot be distributed in that manner.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #2287
jim5359

I have an SD-DVR40 with a clean 6.2 image. I installed the latest PTVNet which includes the USB 2.0 backport drivers for the newer adapters. I have the Linksys USB200M v2. After the PTVNet install everything starts up perfectly. My adapter has all 3 lights green and I am able to telnet and ftp to the unit. Then I run the tweak script. That's when things go wrong.

I choose to overwrite the PTVNet install and install the BackPorted USB 2.0 drivers. However, when I reboot I only get 2 green lights on my USB adapter which supposedly means it's connected to the network. But my router does not show it as being connected, and the F/H light is not lit (Full vs Half Duplex) even though it was lit after the PTVUpgrade.

Unfortunately, I do not have a serial cable so I'm forced to reimage and reinstall PTVUpgrade. I've tried twice, once using DHCP and the other using a fixed IP address. Same result.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
jim5359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #2288
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Since the enhancement script and PTVnet install alot of the same features, they can cause problems with each other. I'd recomment to just start over and instead of using PTVnet, use the zipper. It will do all the same things, but you have to configure a bit of it thru the install process, which will give you a better idea of what is going on in your tivo. This way you won't have to worry about any conflicting startup files. And if you're new to hacking your tivo, a zipper install is much "cleaner" than ptvnet, in the sense that if you want to poke around and see how everything is set up and working, it can quite a bit easier to figure out than with PTVnet.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:29 PM   #2289
jim5359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Goon
Since the enhancement script and PTVnet install alot of the same features, they can cause problems with each other. I'd recomment to just start over and instead of using PTVnet, use the zipper. It will do all the same things, but you have to configure a bit of it thru the install process, which will give you a better idea of what is going on in your tivo. This way you won't have to worry about any conflicting startup files. And if you're new to hacking your tivo, a zipper install is much "cleaner" than ptvnet, in the sense that if you want to poke around and see how everything is set up and working, it can quite a bit easier to figure out than with PTVnet.
I considered using the Zipper instead, but as far as I can tell it does not come with the backported USB drivers out of the box. So my newer network adapter would not work after running the zipper, and I wouldn't be able to Telnet in to run the tweak script.

The enhancement script is supposed to be compatible with PTVNet, so I don't know why it's not working. I have since tried re-installing PTVNet on top of the enhancement script and my network is back up. But I don't know if I've lost anything. Everything "seems" to be working (BufferHack, TivoWeb, etc.). I also manually re-installed the SuperPatch to be safe. The only thing I've noticed so far is the "Almost There" screen is back to the PTVNet screen rather than the one provided in the enhancement script.

Any other suggestions on how to successfully do a clean install with PTVNet and the enhancement script?
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #2290
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

The zipper installs backported drivers while the drive is in the pc. So if you can't get the ptvnet configuration setup properly, the zipper will install the necessary drivers so that your adapter will work the first time you boot up.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #2291
rbautch
User

I made an attempt to make the enhancement script compatible with PTVnet, but it's possible there are still some remaining interactions that cause it to break. I admit I haven't tested it yet myself, but when I get around it, I should be able to clear it up.

or

Old 01-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #2292
jim5359

Quote:
The zipper installs backported drivers while the drive is in the pc. So if you can't get the ptvnet configuration setup properly, the zipper will install the necessary drivers so that your adapter will work the first time you boot up.
Hmm. There is nothing in the zipper readme file that says the newer backported drivers are now added on the first pass (while the drive is in the computer). And all the posts I've read say it doesn't install them, and newer adapters will not work until you run the enhancement script. If what you say is true I guess I will give the zipper a try.

Thanks.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #2293
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Copied from the main zipper page : Step 4 - Run the Enhancement Script on Your Tivo
A. Connect your Tivo to your network through your router, using a USB-Ethernet adapter, like the Netgear FA120, Linksys USB200M, Airlink ASOHOUSB, or Airlink AGIGAUSB. You may also use a wireless adapter, like the D-Link DWL-122.

These steps are done right after pulling the drive from the pc. Both Airlink adapters require backported drivers for use with a tivo.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #2294
jim5359

Makes sense. I guess what threw me off is the USB200M v2 has an asterisk next to it and a warning that says "If you're a newbie and not exactly sure what you're doing, do yourself a favor and get an adapter that does not have an asterisk." I will give it a try tomorrow. For tonight I'm going to enjoy TV.

I have had my unit reboot on me a couple times since I re-installed PTVNet. Once while trying to play an MP3 using JavaHMO and once while turning off the "smart" fast-foward/rewind over-correction (clear-enter-clear-5). But I have been able to play mp3s without the system rebooting and I was able to turn off the over-correction after the reboot. So I'm not sure why it rebooted. Hopefully a clean install with the zipper tomorrow will be more stable.

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #2295
Rick-s
Tivo user...

Would anyone say there is a good reason to keep the original drive intact once the replacement has proven itself? I hate to see a 40G hard drive just lying around doing nothing BTW to my post from yesterday a few posts up, I just gave up on the series one and bought another series 2. I couldn't find anything anywhere talking about whether or not the hacks for the series ones would work with software Vr. 3.5 or not. The most recent I saw them post about was 3.1.

One other thing... The Series 2 I have on the way is a Philips DSR704. From what I have read, the hardware is identical to that of the Samsung SIR S4040R that I currently have. And I believe I read somewhere that using the Samsung Instantcake image I have would work just changing the brand name on the menus and sys info screen.

If that is correct, would I be better off using the Samsung image I have or just zipper the original Philips drive? I really don't need any extra capacity so I don't want to go through the process of talking my wife into another 40 - 50 bucks for a bigger new drive.

TIA,

Rick
Rick-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 AM   #2296
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-s
Would anyone say there is a good reason to keep the original drive intact once the replacement has proven itself? I hate to see a 40G hard drive just lying around doing nothing BTW to my post from yesterday a few posts up, I just gave up on the series one and bought another series 2. I couldn't find anything anywhere talking about whether or not the hacks for the series ones would work with software Vr. 3.5 or not. The most recent I saw them post about was 3.1.

One other thing... The Series 2 I have on the way is a Philips DSR704. From what I have read, the hardware is identical to that of the Samsung SIR S4040R that I currently have. And I believe I read somewhere that using the Samsung Instantcake image I have would work just changing the brand name on the menus and sys info screen.

If that is correct, would I be better off using the Samsung image I have or just zipper the original Philips drive? I really don't need any extra capacity so I don't want to go through the process of talking my wife into another 40 - 50 bucks for a bigger new drive.

TIA,

Rick
Never run a series 1 so I can't speak to that, but yes it doesn't really matter which cake mix you buy they should all work. Personally I would get a larger drive anyway, but If you are going to use the drive that is already installed, you do not need to reimage the drive. You can just install the zipper using the current drive and that OS gets hacked. You still have an Instant cake ISO to put on the zipper disk, but you don't have to install it. This will keep your current recordings so you won't lose anything. If things go bad you can use the image but, you don't need to install a new image to use zipper.

The zipper instructions aren't really clear if you NEED to have the Instant cake ISO, or if you can just put any image file in (called 000001 of course) or if you can omit an image altogether. Personally If I were writing the zipper I would require the Instant Cake ISO (it gives a known start point to fall back to, but thats me).
Old 01-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #2297
Rick-s
Tivo user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
but yes it doesn't really matter which cake mix you buy they should all work.
Ok I thought I had read that somewhere. I bought the instantcake for the samsung a few weeks ago when I did the zipper on it (upgrading the drive size) but the Philips I just bought... waiting for it to arrive.... is just one for my bedroom and won't get the recording use. It will mainly be used for those instances where there are 3 shows on at once, or other shows my wife may want. Sometimes, size doesn't really matter!

If there isn't any real reason to hold on to the original drive from my samsung since it is working great with the larger drive, I think I'll put it to better use than sitting on a shelf.

Thanks for the info,

Rick
Old 01-28-2007, 11:23 AM   #2298
tivoupgrade
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-s

The image from a Philips unit will work on a Samsung (and vice versa) and there are other images that appear to be interchangable within certain families of products. Aside from the differences you are noting, there will also be another difference - the system will know that it has the 'wrong' software on it, and it can be verified by comparing the last three digits of the software revision information (shown in the SI thread) to the first three digits of your service ID. If your unit dials in and attempts to update its software, the wrong configuration will be reported, your software won't update, and it will confuse TiVo's servers (this is not speculation).

It has been mentioned here at TCF before, and it is one of the only official positions TiVo has taken within the upgrade realm; don't install the 'wrong' software on your unit. (ie for you veterans out there, I'm referring to the 'dont be a moron threads authored by Richard Bullwinkle many years ago).

So with that in mind, PLEASE don't install the 'wrong' version of the software on your units; and if you do, PLEASE don't talk about it here; it will potentially attract the undue attention of TiVo/DirecTV folks who already made it clear that they don't want to see this. Yes, this is a very dated notion. No, as far as I know noone position on it has changed.

Also, to comment on JWTiers post - you are correct (as far as I know): zipper does not require you to use an image that is pulled out of InstantCake; you can use any 'standard' backup file, just rename as directed.

My recommendation to you would be to make a backup of your new drive (after testing the unit to ensure everything works as expected; TEST it on a new blank drive, do your zippering on the new drive and then put your backup away for safekeeping - that way if and when you hose your upgraded drive (or it breaks) you have quick fix by installing your old drive while you get things sorted out.

Cheers and happy upgrading,
Lou

tivoupgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #2299
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoupgrade
The image from a Philips unit will work on a Samsung (and vice versa) and there are other images that appear to be interchangable within certain families of products. Aside from the differences you are noting, there will also be another difference - the system will know that it has the 'wrong' software on it, and it can be verified by comparing the last three digits of the software revision information (shown in the SI thread) to the first three digits of your service ID. If your unit dials in and attempts to update its software, the wrong configuration will be reported, your software won't update, and it will confuse TiVo's servers (this is not speculation).

It has been mentioned here at TCF before, and it is one of the only official positions TiVo has taken within the upgrade realm; don't install the 'wrong' software on your unit. (ie for you veterans out there, I'm referring to the 'dont be a moron threads authored by Richard Bullwinkle many years ago).

So with that in mind, PLEASE don't install the 'wrong' version of the software on your units; and if you do, PLEASE don't talk about it here; it will potentially attract the undue attention of TiVo/DirecTV folks who already made it clear that they don't want to see this. Yes, this is a very dated notion. No, as far as I know noone position on it has changed.

Also, to comment on JWTiers post - you are correct (as far as I know): zipper does not require you to use an image that is pulled out of InstantCake; you can use any 'standard' backup file, just rename as directed.

My recommendation to you would be to make a backup of your new drive (after testing the unit to ensure everything works as expected; TEST it on a new blank drive, do your zippering on the new drive and then put your backup away for safekeeping - that way if and when you hose your upgraded drive (or it breaks) you have quick fix by installing your old drive while you get things sorted out.

Cheers and happy upgrading,
Lou
Thanks Lou you are correct absolutely if you are just upgrading your drive Use either a backup of your tivo or the image for your specific model. In which case they are supporting your work. Hacking falls into a slightly different realm in that they don't support your HACKED unit.

Acknowledging what Lou has said I personally don't RECOMMEND using the wrong image, but it would work except for the the things he noted for the reasons he noted. For those of us that are hacking our DTivo's and tivo's, we are usually not allowing upgrades to the OS anyway so... it is kind of moot anyway. That said, if you want to go back to an unhacked system, definitely use the image for your model. One thing that I do recommend that is a solution is If you can, get all the same model tivo in the first place and then it is not an issue.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #2300
Rick-s
Tivo user...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
One thing that I do recommend that is a solution is If you can, get all the same model tivo in the first place and then it is not an issue.
I wanted to do that but the price wasn't falling into place. I'm somewhat of a cheapskate ... Maybe age did that to me ...

Being that I have the Instantcake for the Samsung, and I really don't want to buy another hard drive, I'll look into copying the original Philips drive onto the original Samsung and zipper that. That way, I'll have the original Philips drive to fall back on, and the Instantcake to get the Samsung up and running if needed.

Worst case, I could live without the tivo for a few days until I could get a new drive up and running in either unit.

Thanks so much for the informative replies.

Rick
Old 01-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #2301
jim5359

Quote:
Today I attempted to scrap PTVNet and rebuild my hard drive using the zipper. I had some problems at first - after installing the zipper I'd put the drive in the Tivo. It would boot up and my network adapter had all green lights but I still couldn't connect to it. But after reading the zipper threads some more I found others having the same problem and a newer version was available since I had downloaded it a week ago. I downloaded the latest from the website and viola! I was able to telnet and run the enhancement script with no problems using my Linksys USB200M v2.

Thanks for your help! This enhancement script rocks, and so does the zipper!

P.S. Unrelated to this thread, but I still had the reboot problem when accessing music files and running JavaHMO on my PC. I uninstalled JavaHMO and installed Tivo Desktop. Now it seems I am able to play music files with no problem. I may be able to get JavaHMO to work but that's for another thread.

Last edited by jim5359 : 01-28-2007 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #2302
tjpotter

rbautch:

I Zippered a newly rebuilt drive for my HDVR2 6.2 a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I decided to install the on-screen clock you have included with the Enhancement script. I ran into a couple of issues I figured you might want to know about.

First, the website you have coded into the clock.sh script removed the free fonts, so the script won't complete. I edited a copy of the script to skip this step by commenting the lines. Then, after finding and ftping the correct font to my Dtivo, I ran the modified script. It added a new clock section to the rc.sysinit.author file and told me to reboot.

Second, after rebooting, the clock wasn't showing on the screen. I checked the logs and found the same error message generated every 1-2 seconds in the kernel log.

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author: line 29: 16743 Broken pipe echo " `date +\%I:\%M`"
16744 Exit 150 | /var/hack/bin/out2osd -T0 -l1 -d60 -c33 -btransparent2 -fgrey -S20 -F/var/hack/share/fonts/"Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf" >&/dev/null

I removed the clock lines from rc.sysinit.author and rebooted to stop the errors from filling the log file.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and experience with those of us less talented in Tivo hacking.
tjpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #2303
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

It'd be much easier to just do the ole S-P-S-9-S code to get the clock and timer.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #2304
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpotter
rbautch:

I Zippered a newly rebuilt drive for my HDVR2 6.2 a couple of days ago. Yesterday, I decided to install the on-screen clock you have included with the Enhancement script. I ran into a couple of issues I figured you might want to know about.

First, the website you have coded into the clock.sh script removed the free fonts, so the script won't complete. I edited a copy of the script to skip this step by commenting the lines. Then, after finding and ftping the correct font to my Dtivo, I ran the modified script. It added a new clock section to the rc.sysinit.author file and told me to reboot.

Second, after rebooting, the clock wasn't showing on the screen. I checked the logs and found the same error message generated every 1-2 seconds in the kernel log.

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author: line 29: 16743 Broken pipe echo " `date +\%I:\%M`"
16744 Exit 150 | /var/hack/bin/out2osd -T0 -l1 -d60 -c33 -btransparent2 -fgrey -S20 -F/var/hack/share/fonts/"Arial Narrow Bold Italic.ttf" >&/dev/null

I removed the clock lines from rc.sysinit.author and rebooted to stop the errors from filling the log file.

Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and experience with those of us less talented in Tivo hacking.
Thanks for the observations. I'm going to update this script when I have a chance. In addition to the issues you noted, jlc gave me some useful code that should allow it to use much less resources.

or

Old 02-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #2305
rbautch
User

Version 4.9 Released!

Here are the changes.

- Fixed gotomydvr installation (I think)
- Updated NCID to 0.67
- Fix PTVnet compatibility

These changes are also incorporated into the latest Zipper.

or

Old 02-07-2007, 01:10 PM   #2306
scruffy

install problem with new ver

I'm getting this error with the new script.

Uninstall successful. Proceeding with main script...

Downloading latest Enhancement script...
Connecting to www.******.com[69.90.236.30]:80
rbautch_files.tgz 100% |*****************************| 2120 KB 00:00 ETA
Downloaded main scripts successfully!

Running rbautch Hacked Tivo Enhancements...
tar: Invalid tar magic
Unable to untar files archive. Could be a failed download.
Adjusting your DNS settings. Please run tweak.sh again. Exiting..

any idea of what the problem could be.

Last edited by scruffy : 02-07-2007 at 02:16 PM.
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #2307
scruffy

i found a temp fix to problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy

I downloaded the zipper tool and pulled the needed files (tweak.sh, tweack_uninstall.sh and the rbautch_files.tgz) from there and put them in the /var/hack dir. then ran the tweak.sh and it ran fine.

Last edited by scruffy : 02-07-2007 at 02:16 PM.
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #2308
HUGE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy

Same error for me

HUGE
HUGE2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #2309
rbautch
User

Must have been a problem with my upload. Should be fixed now.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #2310
bkdvr

dos2unix start.sh

I zippered my HR10-250 - 6.3b yesterday. First, let me say that this made the whole process quite easy compared to few years ago when I hacked my SD dtivo.

One issue is that some lines in start.sh have DOS newlines (^M), so the HMO/HME hacks were not applied initially.

Another issue is when I extract (vstream) a show to my linux box, vsplit seg faults. It seems to work fine when I do it to my Windows PC using tytool. I've tried swapping out the vserver on the Tivo to the same version that's supplied with my linux vstream/vsplit, but that has no effect.

Code:
$ grep "^M" start.sh 
        echo -ne "\x34\x11\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=903436
                        echo -ne "\x24\x10\x00\x01" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=1118524
        echo -ne "\x34\x11\x00\x00" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=903436
                        echo -ne "\x24\x10\x00\x01" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=1118524
 sh /enhancements/b_install.sh &>/dev/null
- Benjamin
bkdvr is offline   Reply With Quote