TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #2221
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_phreak
Hello all,

First time poster. I have done a lot of research on this matter and after killing an R10 with a bad solder job, I bought a SIR-S4080. I also am using a fresh download of instantcake 6.2 for the s4080-381 (downloaded 11/8/07).

I first tried the zipper. Which seemed to go very well, until it rebooted and was not accessable on the network. I have a netgear fa120 just to play it safe. The zipper appeared to initialize the interface and the activity light was seeing network traffic, it just wouldn't talk.

So I then tried a fresh download of ptvnet ( downloaded 11/14/07). This made my tivo accessable on the network, however, tivowebplus didn't appear to start.... strange...

But I really want all of the features of the enhancement script! So i ran that on top of PTVnet, rebooted, no network access Not even a link light, but it did turn on the fa120 power light.... kinda strange... I did not have the tivo connected to sat or a tv, but i don't think that should have mattered....

any ideas?

I don't have a console cable yet, but is that my only hope?
Can I have access to the Time travel machine, I need to know what the winning lottery numbers are.

Seriously, Did you assign an IP that is in the same subnet as your tivo and is it outside the range of IP's that your router uses for DHCP? See the wiki here. Having a serial cable makes it easier epecially if you have a laptop computer, but you could always rezipper the unit.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #2222
eclipsme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
The script only runs the patches if you are running for the first time after a Zipper install. You can also get it to run by creating a dummy file in root called zipper_flag.
I too am having encryption problems. I zippered a new drive, installed it in my hr10-250 and ran the enhancement script. Ciphercheck reports all recordingas as encrypted. I also did not immediately have 30 second skip, but somehow that showed up a day or 2 later(!).

The script at first would not run - first because I had an incorrect lba48 and then because, well I don't rteally remember exactly what the problem was, but again a file was incorrect.

3rd time was the charm, though. I wonder if this is why the enhancement script apparently didn't run the patches? Did it not realize that this was newly zippered?

So what is my best course of action now? Should I create the dummy file as mentioned - zipper_flag - then uninstall and reinstall? Or should I run a different script? Is it nutcase that should be run?

... I decided to go ahead and run the uninstall then rerun tweak. I got a message that said "3.1.5 is an old software version. Skipping tivoapp patches."

This is the problem, right? What do I need to do about this?

Thanks for the help. This sure was easier than my fist hack on a DTivo!

Harvey

So, as expected, recordings are still encrypted. All my existing shows are listed under now showing, but when I select one to play, the screan goes to the delete page. Selecting don't delete comes to the page saying this could not be recorded because no video signal was found. EeeK

New items are being recorded, though, but encrypted.

What do I do now? Any suggestions?

Harvey

Last edited by eclipsme : 01-15-2007 at 04:53 PM.
eclipsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:58 PM   #2223
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsme
I too am having encryption problems. I zippered a new drive, installed it in my hr10-250 and ran the enhancement script. Ciphercheck reports all recordingas as encrypted. I also did not immediately have 30 second skip, but somehow that showed up a day or 2 later(!).

The script at first would not run - first because I had an incorrect lba48 and then because, well I don't rteally remember exactly what the problem was, but again a file was incorrect.

3rd time was the charm, though. I wonder if this is why the enhancement script apparently didn't run the patches? Did it not realize that this was newly zippered?

So what is my best course of action now? Should I create the dummy file as mentioned - zipper_flag - then uninstall and reinstall? Or should I run a different script? Is it nutcase that should be run?

... I decided to go ahead and run the uninstall then rerun tweak. I got a message that said "3.1.5 is an old software version. Skipping tivoapp patches."

This is the problem, right? What do I need to do about this?

Thanks for the help. This sure was easier than my fist hack on a DTivo!

Harvey

So, as expected, recordings are still encrypted. All my existing shows are listed under now showing, but when I select one to play, the screan goes to the delete page. Selecting don't delete comes to the page saying this could not be recorded because no video signal was found. EeeK

New items are being recorded, though, but encrypted.

What do I do now? Any suggestions?

Harvey
To disable encryption, you have two options. The first is to update your software to 3.1.5f or 6.3b, and then apply the appropriate tivoapp patch. If you don't mind losing recordings, you can reimage with 3.1.5f, or if you do mind losing them, you can let your tivo dial in and get the latest 6.3b software. Option 2: If you want to stick with your current software version, you can download the appropriate tivoapp patch from DDB and apply it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #2224
rbautch
User

Quote:
Hello all,

First time poster. I have done a lot of research on this matter and after killing an R10 with a bad solder job, I bought a SIR-S4080. I also am using a fresh download of instantcake 6.2 for the s4080-381 (downloaded 11/8/07).

I first tried the zipper. Which seemed to go very well, until it rebooted and was not accessable on the network. I have a netgear fa120 just to play it safe. The zipper appeared to initialize the interface and the activity light was seeing network traffic, it just wouldn't talk.

So I then tried a fresh download of ptvnet ( downloaded 11/14/07). This made my tivo accessable on the network, however, tivowebplus didn't appear to start.... strange...

But I really want all of the features of the enhancement script! So i ran that on top of PTVnet, rebooted, no network access Not even a link light, but it did turn on the fa120 power light.... kinda strange... I did not have the tivo connected to sat or a tv, but i don't think that should have mattered....

any ideas?

I don't have a console cable yet, but is that my only hope?

Edit: I am going to make a console cable and poke around tonight...

I am also going to:

1.) reimage and ptvnet the drive
2.) run tweak.sh
3.) run /enhancements/net-launch.sh again prior to sync;reboot
You might as well run Zipper instead of PTVnet, then you'll know it will work for sure.

If you stick with PTVnet, check for the following things when running tweak.sh:
1. It should recognize that you have installed PTVnet, and will prompt you to "overwrite" the PTVnet installation. You must answer yes.
2. Since PTVnet does not set up network params in MFS, you should get a message that reads "No network parameters found in MFS. Do you want to enter them now?"

or

Old 01-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #2225
eclipsme

Quote:
To disable encryption, you have two options. The first is to update your software to 3.1.5f or 6.3b, and then apply the appropriate tivoapp patch. If you don't mind losing recordings, you can reimage with 3.1.5f, or if you do mind losing them, you can let your tivo dial in and get the latest 6.3b software. Option 2: If you want to stick with your current software version, you can download the appropriate tivoapp patch from DDB and apply it.
The original drive has 6.3b. Could I copy that to my new drive and hack that? From what I am reading, it seems that there are problems zipping 6.3b. Is that true?

BTW - Thanks for the script and the help!

Harvey
Old 01-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #2226
rbautch
User

The Zipper does not yet support 6.3b, but you can do a slice upgrade from 3.1.5 to 6.3b and keep your tivo hacked. The enhancement script works fine with 6.3b.

or

Old 01-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #2227
eclipsme

Quote:
The Zipper does not yet support 6.3b, but you can do a slice upgrade from 3.1.5 to 6.3b and keep your tivo hacked. The enhancement script works fine with 6.3b.
and the million dollar question is... when do you think you will have support for 6.3b?
Harvey
Old 01-16-2007, 01:51 AM   #2228
speed_phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
Can I have access to the Time travel machine, I need to know what the winning lottery numbers are.

Seriously, Did you assign an IP that is in the same subnet as your tivo and is it outside the range of IP's that your router uses for DHCP? See the wiki you could always rezipper the unit.
OK OK made a serial cable and fixed it...

<<<
bash-2.02# couldn't open "/enhancements/mfs_network": no such file or directory
while executing
"open /enhancements/mfs_network w"
("uplevel" body line 53)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
"transaction {uplevel $body}"
(procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
set nconfig [db $db openidconstruction $goodfsid]
# Delete existing network settings, for testing...
dbobj $nconfig remove IpPa..."
(file "/hacks/network.tcl" line 28)
flushing ide devices: hda
Restarting system.
>>>

The zipper or enhancement script failed to properly we ip address parameters and thus failed to properly initialize the network....

Question: How come the filesystem is mounted readonly? I keep getting e2fsck tell ing me to run it. The volume with /hacks is readonly. How should I fix this?

Thanks,

Trevor
speed_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #2229
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:

<<<
while executing
("uplevel" body line 53)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
Restarting system.
>>>

The zipper or enhancement script failed to properly we ip address parameters and thus failed to properly initialize the network....

Question: How come the filesystem is mounted readonly? I keep getting e2fsck tell ing me to run it. The volume with /hacks is readonly. How should I fix this?

Thanks,

Trevor
The mounting as read only is a TIVO thing I think, it helps prevent unauthorized changes. The other getting the e2fsck message, Are you refering to the warning message you get when you change to write mode (mount -o remount,rw /)? If so that is a normal warning message that you are in write mode, you can ignore it. As to "FIXING" /hacks being on a read only partition, since you used the enhancement script you can type rw at the bash prompt and be in write mode, ro changes it back to read only. you should be in read only unless you are making changes to the system.

you might want to try running dos2unix on /enhancements/mfs_network.
Code:
cd /enhancements
dos2unix mfs_network

Old 01-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #2230
speed_phreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
The mounting as read only is a TIVO thing I think, it helps prevent unauthorized changes. The other getting the e2fsck message, Are you refering to the warning message you get when you change to write mode (mount -o remount,rw /)? If so that is a normal warning message that you are in write mode, you can ignore it. As to "FIXING" /hacks being on a read only partition, since you used the enhancement script you can type rw at the bash prompt and be in write mode, ro changes it back to read only. you should be in read only unless you are making changes to the system.

you might want to try running dos2unix on /enhancements/mfs_network.
Code:
cd /enhancements
dos2unix mfs_network
JDub,

Thanks for all your help. You certainly provide a lot of support in this forum and I appreciate the information you have given me. You have explained my questions with how the partition with /hacks on it is mounted read-only by default. What is that read-only partition called anyway?

Second and more importantly! The failure in the script that I posted was from a fresh zipper install with a re-image of 6.2. How would I have run dos2unix? or how would I have known I needed to? Since the zipper seems to have failed to actually write the network settings while booted from the zipper cd, it would appear my only option is/was to have a serial cable to run tweak.sh.

I'm up and going now, but I was hoping for a seemless and serialess installation. But I thank everyone who had a hand in the creation of the Zipper and Enhancement Script, because although I wasted a lot of hours to get it to work, I would have wasted many more piecing together all of the hacks!!!

Thanks Again!

Last edited by speed_phreak : 01-16-2007 at 11:30 AM.
speed_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #2231
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
JDub,

Thanks for all your help. You certainly provide a lot of support in this forum and I appreciate the information you have given me. You have explained my questions with how the partition with /hacks on it is mounted read-only by default. What is that read-only partition called anyway?

Second and more importantly! The failure in the script that I posted was from a fresh zipper install with a re-image of 6.2. How would I have run dos2unix? or how would I have known I needed to? Since the zipper seems to have failed to actually write the network settings while booted from the zipper cd, it would appear my only option is/was to have a serial cable to run tweak.sh.

I'm up and going now, but I was hoping for a seemless and serialess installation. But I thank everyone who had a hand in the creation of the Zipper and Enhancement Script, because although I wasted a lot of hours to get it to work, I would have wasted many more piecing together all of the hacks!!!

Thanks Again!
Thanks for the praise. I am still not all that familiar with all the linux stuff going on on a tivo, I'm just good with basic networking and troubleshooting simple problems. When you keep in mind that 90% + of the problems in here are network related it isn't as bad as it sounds. The problems are usually either hardware compatibility (which the fix is buy a supported device), or network setup. the solutions for that are really easy, If you don't have a serial cable you either have to pull the drive and either mount on a linux box and do the stuff that you would do with serial or rezipper. I usually recommend the later unless you have a real reason not to. If you have serial, find out how the tivo is configured vs how it should be configured (net-status.tcl). then set the network how it should be (net-launch.tcl). Just have to remember that you have to be on the same subnet as the router, and not to assign a static IP in the range used by the router for DHCP. This alone solves better than 85% (67.3% of stats are made up like this one for example) of the networking problems. the rest of it is logic and experience. Seeing a warning or error message gives lots of info. The file not found message ypu got for example meant either that file was not there (not likely) or it somehow got changed to a format linux didn't like for example dos format (a common problem when files are moved back and forth between dos and linux machines). Just reading this thread I'll bet that most of the solutions have been recommended and used and were successful. That is what I use to fall back on if I am not sure of a problem. If it worked for someone else with a similar issue odds are it will work again.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #2232
tjpotter

While I'm a Tivo hacking newbie, I've been lurking in various forums for several months and have learned a lot from all of you. Sorry for the long winded post, but figured it was better to error on the side of too much info versus not enough. And if I've posted to the wrong place, please let me know where I should move my questions.

I made the jump and purchased a DVRupgrade drive unit for my DirecTivo Hughes HDVR2 about 2 weeks ago. Installation and networking weren't trouble free, but I was able to solve all the problems through spending many hours searching the forums.

Then, I moved to the next level by downloading and installing Superpatch, Tytools, Tyshow, etc. to enable moving and viewing recorded shows on the computers on my home network. Again, there were hiccups, but was able to solve them all through searching TFFs.

Now I'm getting cocky and see all the cool things I can do to make my DirecTivo even better !

I downloaded and installed the Enhancement Script from rbautch without overlaying the PTVnet installation. Some of it worked and some didn't. Figured that was due to not letting the script remove PTVnet. I also discovered that my peanut remote had stopped working the next time the TV was turned on (loud, angry demands for my presence coming from the familyroom). All the AV and TV functions worked, just not the ones controlling the Tivo. I figured that this problem was due to the Enhancement script, so ran tweak-uninstall.sh and rebooted.

Immediately went to test the remote (picture irate wife standing next to me tapping her foot). TV and AV came on, but Tivo was still only responding to buttons on front panel. Then it dawned on me that I wasn't seeing the red light on the remote when I pressed buttons that should be controlling the Tivo. My wife had somehow moved the Sat/TV switch to TV. Put the switch back where it belonged, problem solved. Went to my computer, opened a browser and tested TWPlus and Tyshow. Everything seemed to be back working.

With everything that I'd done so far working again, I decided to rerun tweak.sh. This time, after backing PTVnet up, I answered 'y' to remove it. Went through the full script without any errors or unusual messages. After the reboot, I was shocked to find that I'd lost all network access to the Tivo unit. Tried rebooting again, then pinging various possible addresses. Still dead. Went to the Tivo and discovered that the Airlink ASOHOUSB wasn't powered or seeing the router. This would seem to imply that the USB drivers on the Tivo unit didn't get installed correctly. I had answered 'y' to the question on installing them.

I'm finally getting to the point of my post. I've been searching the forums and have found bits and pieces of what I think I need to do. I either need to take the drive out and use Zipper or use a serial console cable and telnet. What I'm not clear on is what do I need to do once I can access the Tivo hard disc ? I would be very appreciative if anyone could point me in the right direction.
tjpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #2233
Jimbob_wat

After trying the Zipper, using a recently purchased ISO from InstantCake as explained by Zipper instructions, everything went smoothly up to the point of trying to telnet. The new drive booted properly in the TIVO, light came on USB adapter, but alas not network visibility.
Jimbob_wat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #2234
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob_wat
After trying the Zipper, using a recently purchased ISO from InstantCake as explained by Zipper instructions, everything went smoothly up to the point of trying to telnet. The new drive booted properly in the TIVO, light came on USB adapter, but alas not network visibility.
Need some additional info. What model tivo? What USB network adapter (including version numbers)?What are the IP addresses of the tivo and router? If you are using wireless you also need to make sure that you assigned the correct SSID for your wireless and that you have WEP turned off. Also do you have a serial cable?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #2235
Jimbob_wat

Siemens USB adapter working on several other units that I have networked using a script and CD from digitalrecorder. RCA dvr40 with a new 320GB drive. Tivo IP 192.168.1.143 router 192.168.1.1. In fact this unit worked before. The problem is the script from digital is not working any longer so I am forced to try other means.
I just tried purchasing the PTVnet. Did everything it asked and worked while connected to PC just fine. Booted in TIVO and was not able to see it using Angry IPscanner.
There seems to be a series of posts prior to this saying they had to resort to serial in order to turn on networking. Has something changed that i should know about?
Old 01-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #2236
Jimbob_wat

I meant speedstream not siemens as my adapter.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #2237
SKDude

Quote:

<<<
while executing
("uplevel" body line 53)
invoked from within
"uplevel $body"
invoked from within
invoked from within
"RetryTransaction {
Restarting system.
>>>

Thanks,

Trevor
speed_phreak,

I believe I have the same problem, but I do not have a serial cable. Can you tell me exactly what you did to fix the problem? Did you fix the mfs_network file or something else?
Thanks in advance.
SKDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #2238
rbautch
User

mfs_network is not where the network settings are stored, it's just a text file that gets written to allow you to confirm that network settings were set in MFS. If it's blank or missing, then the network.tcl script did not run.

or

Old 01-18-2007, 08:32 AM   #2239
SKDude

Quote:
mfs_network is not where the network settings are stored, it's just a text file that gets written to allow you to confirm that network settings were set in MFS. If it's blank or missing, then the network.tcl script did not run.
So, before I read this I pulled the drive again and created the enhancements directory and touch-ed an mfs_network file (and touch-ed a firstboot_flag file) stuck it back into the Tivo. Well, now it is networking. I can ping/telnet/ftp. I don't fully understand why. I think the network.tcl is happier, but the mfs_network file is still empty (as are the log files where I tried to capture the output).

I think it also removed the rc.sysinit.author file, is that OK? I expected it to remain. The tweak.sh complained about finding an enhancements directory, since it is basically empty, I will remove it and re-run tweak.sh.

Thanks for the help.
SKDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #2240
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKDude
So, before I read this I pulled the drive again and created the enhancements directory and touch-ed an mfs_network file (and touch-ed a firstboot_flag file) stuck it back into the Tivo. Well, now it is networking. I can ping/telnet/ftp. I don't fully understand why. I think the network.tcl is happier, but the mfs_network file is still empty (as are the log files where I tried to capture the output).

I think it also removed the rc.sysinit.author file, is that OK? I expected it to remain. The tweak.sh complained about finding an enhancements directory, since it is basically empty, I will remove it and re-run tweak.sh.

Thanks for the help.
If you don't have (or didn't have) an /enhancements directory that would indicate you either never ran the enhancement script in the first place or somehow ran the uninstall script. If you ran the uninstall it uninstalls the enhancements, but not the network configuration, which Russ pointed out is actually done some other place. Part of the uninstall also deletes the /enhancements directory and also I believe the author file. Since you manually created the /enhancements directory and some stuff in it I would delete everything in /enhancements directory and the /enhancements directory itself. Then copy the rbautch_files.tgz file (the compressed files that make up the enhancements) to the /hacks directory and then run tweak.sh. This will bypass the download of the latest enhancements (just in case networking is still out) and then install the enhancements including an author file. also seriously consider getting a serial cable, it will save you a lot of problems if you lose networking again.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #2241
turkey

Service Number

when running Zipper on a Samsung SIR-S4040R, which I should add is new to me. A friend gave it to me and I've not added it to Tivo service. Anyway, I have a Stand-Alone TIVO and my Service number starts with 140, which Zipper says is not supported at this time. Is there a random Service Number I can enter? Or what info is the Zipper looking for? I know the answer is probably obvious, but I'm stumped.
turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM   #2242
JWThiers
Smartypants

Its on the back of the DTivo.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:49 AM   #2243
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey
when running Zipper on a Samsung SIR-S4040R, which I should add is new to me. A friend gave it to me and I've not added it to Tivo service. Anyway, I have a Stand-Alone TIVO and my Service number starts with 140, which Zipper says is not supported at this time. Is there a random Service Number I can enter? Or what info is the Zipper looking for? I know the answer is probably obvious, but I'm stumped.
Also if you are planning to do MRV between the Dtivo and SA the SA also needs to have the Superpatch applied in order to see the Dtivo.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:49 PM   #2244
Jimbob_wat

I am trying to find the network-delete.tcl and net-launch.sh on a newly zippered drive that is still attache to host PC so i can start networking properly. I am doing this while it is still attached to PC. I do not possess a serial cable at this time and am unable to see drive once installed in TIVO.
Note there is no enhancement directory either.
Where do i find above files?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #2245
rbautch
User

Quote:
I am trying to find the network-delete.tcl and net-launch.sh on a newly zippered drive that is still attache to host PC so i can start networking properly. I am doing this while it is still attached to PC. I do not possess a serial cable at this time and am unable to see drive once installed in TIVO.
Note there is no enhancement directory either.
Where do i find above files?
They are in the /hacks directory contained in an archive called rbautch_files.tgz. They won't run unless your drive is in the tivo.

or

Old 01-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #2246
Jimbob_wat

Thank you, I see several people having the same problems. I have been at office re-downloading all files and scripts. Have burned a new Zipper disk using imgburn and magiciso after verifying all zips are in order. Viewed ISO before burn and all extensions look good.
Will go home now and try.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:24 PM   #2247
Jimbob_wat

I have tried both new Zipper CD's. Verified before disconnecting from PC that IP settings were in the sysinit file. line read
tivosh /hacks/network.tcl 192.168.1.151 192.168.1.1

What do I do now? I don't understand why all of a sudden the problem is solved only by using a serial cable.

thanks for all your help
Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 PM   #2248
rbautch
User

There might be some interactions going on with PTVnet. Did you remove the PTVnet installation when the script asked you? Also post the contents of your rc.sysinit.author file.

or

Old 01-19-2007, 07:14 AM   #2249
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
I don't understand why all of a sudden the problem is solved only by using a serial cable.

thanks for all your help
I'm not sure what caused your other problems but russ seems to be helping, But if you don't have network access to your tivo, you have 2 choices for making changes to fix the problem.

One is to use a serial cable to access the tivo to troubleshoot (with actual data from a running unit) and make corrections that will fix the unit. This can be done with any computer that (mac, pc linux, bsd, sun, etc) also has a serial port and telnet software. The fixes can be verified simply by rebooting and seeing if the problem went away. if it doesn't simple plug in and serial again. and you can also see live the actual boot log data being generated to look for obvious errros and changes as they happen. You can also the access the log.

The other is to remove the drive from you tivo and put it in a machine that uses linux to make the look at log files to get troubleshooting information, make changes to correct the problem. Then shut down the linux box to remove the drive from it reinstall it in the tivo, restart to verify the fix. If it doesn't work do the process all over again.

I don't know about you, but the $10 you pay to buy (and you can also build one yourself and save a few $) is well worth it when you consider the hassle and time you have to go thru if you don't have a serial cable. Every post I give the same advice in my sig, get a serial cable it will pay for itself the first time you lose network access. And everyone will lose it at some time. Maybe not yet, maybe not tomorrow or next week or next month, but sometime.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #2250
Jimbob_wat

JW I will definitely order a cable. I get that you should have one for future, just curious as to why for a fresh install you would need one.

Rbauch i don't recall the script asking for me to remove the PTVnet. It goes through installing the image, then installs new kernel, then asks for IP.

I will put the drive back in and post the sysint file. I will have to transpose as their is no printer attached to PC that i am using.