TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #2191
gregoryb

Are you sure? Anyone got this working? HMO is working. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #2192
gregoryb

I had changed tivoapp but I may have made a typo. I tried to copy the original tivoapp.tmp to tivoapp but bet this error. Will I have to serial connect or is there an easier fix?

TiVo_Den-TiVo# cp tivoapp.tmp tivoapp
cp: cannot create regular file `tivoapp': Text file busy

Old 01-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #2193
CrimsnTide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1115
Why would you re do the whole thing just to change an IP address?

Just either:

A) Change the IP of your computer to be on the same network, telnet in and change it.

or B) Use a serial cable and change it.
Adam, (or anyone else) - where would I change the the address at? I'm not really sure where I would go and change it when I telenet back into it. Where is this information located?

Also, am I going to be able to change IP of the router to be used? In addition can I insert my SSID here also if I plan on using a wireless USB adapter?

I will assume that after re-booting, the Tivo willuse the NEW addresses.

Thanks for the information...
CrimsnTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #2194
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsnTide
Adam, (or anyone else) - where would I change the the address at? I'm not really sure where I would go and change it when I telenet back into it. Where is this information located?

Also, am I going to be able to change IP of the router to be used? In addition can I insert my SSID here also if I plan on using a wireless USB adapter?

I will assume that after re-booting, the Tivo willuse the NEW addresses.

Thanks for the information...
Geez, off the top of my head?? I'll try...

mount -o remount,rw
cd /etc/rc.d
vi rc.sysinit.author

Scroll down and look for the "ifconfig" line that will have the old address. Hit "I", change it to the new address, hit "Esc". Then find the "Route Add" command and do the same to set your default gateway. Hit ":wq" to save and exit. Reboot the tivo.

If that doesn't work, do some searching hear, DDB, google, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #2195
CrimsnTide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1115
Geez, off the top of my head?? I'll try...

mount -o remount,rw
cd /etc/rc.d
vi rc.sysinit.author

Scroll down and look for the "ifconfig" line that will have the old address. Hit "I", change it to the new address, hit "Esc". Then find the "Route Add" command and do the same to set your default gateway. Hit ":wq" to save and exit. Reboot the tivo.

If that doesn't work, do some searching hear, DDB, google, etc.

Adam,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to help guide me through this. I actually tried looking for the "ifconfig" line in my rc.sysinit.author (using FileZilla and Crimson editor), but didn't see anything there regarding my IP addresses. Saw other things like:
"starting telnet and ftp",
"starting serial bash" ,
"running fakecall"... , but nothing on IP addresses. I will do as suggested and look around here some more and check out DDB. Again, I appreciate your time and effort in trying to help. It's much appreciated.

Thanks again...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #2196
sk33t3r

go into the /enhancements directory and run net-launch.sh to setup the network ip
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #2197
slydog75
Not all that sly

Anyone else having trouble with Hackman after upgrading to the latest enhancmenets script? It installed TWP 1.3.0 which seems to be working fine, but I cannot get Hackman to show up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Mark Twain
slydog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #2198
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsnTide
Adam,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to help guide me through this. I actually tried looking for the "ifconfig" line in my rc.sysinit.author (using FileZilla and Crimson editor), but didn't see anything there regarding my IP addresses. Saw other things like:
"starting telnet and ftp",
"starting serial bash" ,
"running fakecall"... , but nothing on IP addresses. I will do as suggested and look around here some more and check out DDB. Again, I appreciate your time and effort in trying to help. It's much appreciated.

Thanks again...
This was for your "friend's Hughes SD-DVR 40", correct? Do you have the same box?

I'm not familiar with the software on that machine, or how it assigns the IP address. If it's not in rc.sysinit.author I think it's in netconfig.tcl.

Matt

Last edited by bigrig : 01-04-2007 at 09:28 AM.
bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #2199
aprest

Clear & Delete?

I used the Zipper Enhancement script to get rid of 6.3a on my HR10-250. I then used Slicer to get from 3.1.5f to 6.3b once I discovered on December 13th that the 6.3b slice had been downloaded by DirecTV. Slicer apparently eliminated some of the upgrades provided by the Zipper including backdoors, the additional USB adapter drivers and the launch screen. In addition safecall call works if I reboot but does not make a fakecall every night.

If I do a Clear & Delete am I going to lose any of the upgrades including networking and TivoWebPlus?

The reason that I ask is I have not been able to get the 6.3b slice downloaded to an unhacked HR10-250 and I am thinking of making a copy of the drive in the hacked HR10-250 that has 6.3b working fine and installing the drive with the copy in the the unhacked HR10-250 and then doing a Clear & Delete so that the drive will register with the "unhacked" HR10-250.
aprest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #2200
bnm81002

rebooting loop-Welcome powering up screen

I had to install the enhancement scripts through a serial cable but now my DTivo unit is in a rebooting cycle, the script installed fine and I went through all the hacks that I wanted installed w/o any problems, what can I do to stop this reboot cycle loop? I am connected with a serial cable as of now, help please

now it stays at the welcome powering up screen, according to the screen connected with my serial cable, I have the following,

service number is 3010000....
what is password?
boot failed reason=53
ram size=64

can someone tell me what password I have to enter? thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use

Last edited by bnm81002 : 01-04-2007 at 07:10 PM.
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #2201
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnm81002
I had to install the enhancement scripts through a serial cable but now my DTivo unit is in a rebooting cycle, the script installed fine and I went through all the hacks that I wanted installed w/o any problems, what can I do to stop this reboot cycle loop? I am connected with a serial cable as of now, help please

now it stays at the welcome powering up screen, according to the screen connected with my serial cable, I have the following,

service number is 3010000....
what is password?
boot failed reason=53
ram size=64

can someone tell me what password I have to enter? thanks
This error code means that your kernel is not a valid tivo kernel. The enhancement script doesn't touch your kernel, so whatever happened did so outside of the script. To fix it, pull the drive and dd a hacked kernel to your kernel partition - either hda3 or hda6. You can also dd it to both partitions if you choose. Re-running the zipper will also fix this.

or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #2202
bnm81002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
This error code means that your kernel is not a valid tivo kernel. The enhancement script doesn't touch your kernel, so whatever happened did so outside of the script. To fix it, pull the drive and dd a hacked kernel to your kernel partition - either hda3 or hda6. You can also dd it to both partitions if you choose. Re-running the zipper will also fix this.

well I did rezippered but still got the reboot welcome powering screen, after it listed the service number, it asked "what is the password?" I do have another model of the same receiver, can I dd the bad drive to the new drive while saving the recordings? they are both 400GB drives, thanks
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #2203
aprest

Quote:
The Slicer didn't eliminate anything, the upgrade did. All the hacks that could possibly be copied over were copied. A C&D won't help. Just re-run the enhancement script, and patch your tivoapp for backdoors and 30-sec skip. See the 6.3 upgrade thread for more info.
Thanks rbautch. I mispoke - I realize that the upgrade was the reason that some of the enhancements aren't working.

The reason that I asked about C&D is that I have not been able to get the 6.3b slice downloaded (or activated??) on an unhacked HR10-250 (and I am hearing that 6.3b is no longer being downloaded by DirecTV) so I am thinking of making a copy (clone) of a drive in a hacked HR10-250 that has 6.3b working fine and installing the cloned drive into the the unhacked HR10-250 and then doing a Clear & Delete so that the drive will register with that HR10-250. Will that work?
Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #2204
CrimsnTide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig
This was for your "friend's Hughes SD-DVR 40", correct? Do you have the same box?

I'm not familiar with the software on that machine, or how it assigns the IP address. If it's not in rc.sysinit.author I think it's in netconfig.tcl.

Matt
Matt, yes I have two of the very same boxes, all "zippered" and set up the same. I will check there to just to find out. I also read that uit can be changed in TWP, but I haven't confirmed this just yet... Thanks for the input. I will check it out.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #2205
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprest
Thanks rbautch. I mispoke - I realize that the upgrade was the reason that some of the enhancements aren't working.

The reason that I asked about C&D is that I have not been able to get the 6.3b slice downloaded (or activated??) on an unhacked HR10-250 (and I am hearing that 6.3b is no longer being downloaded by DirecTV) so I am thinking of making a copy (clone) of a drive in a hacked HR10-250 that has 6.3b working fine and installing the cloned drive into the the unhacked HR10-250 and then doing a Clear & Delete so that the drive will register with that HR10-250. Will that work?
Cloning the drive will work, but don't do a C&D or you'll lose networking. Instead, run 51killer.tcl. Another option is to download the slices yourself - they have been posted on DDB.

or

Old 01-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #2206
rbautch
User

Quote:
well I did rezippered but still got the reboot welcome powering screen, after it listed the service number, it asked "what is the password?" I do have another model of the same receiver, can I dd the bad drive to the new drive while saving the recordings? they are both 400GB drives, thanks
Yes, that will work. I suggest dd'ing each kernel/filesystem partition separately in order to keep your recordings... hda3 hda4 hda6 hda7.

or

Old 01-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #2207
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
My hacked HDVR2's are on 6.2 and for the most part are working fine. What, if anything, do I have to gain by slicing to 6.3b? Any downfalls (ie: new bugs in the new version) to worry about?

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #2208
Luv2DrvFst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fofer
My hacked HDVR2's are on 6.2 and for the most part are working fine. What, if anything, do I have to gain by slicing to 6.3b? Any downfalls (ie: new bugs in the new version) to worry about?
6.3b is for HR10-250's only.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #2209
Fofer
༺♥༻

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2DrvFst
6.3b is for HR10-250's only.
Got it, thanks.

- a list of some favorite browser add-ons that help make TCF even more enjoyable!
Fofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #2210
bnm81002

Quote:
Yes, that will work. I suggest dd'ing each kernel/filesystem partition separately in order to keep your recordings... hda3 hda4 hda6 hda7.

can you please explain how to do that? you can send me a PM explaining what I need to do, I have no idea what to do or what I need in order to accomplish that, thanks Russ
Old 01-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #2211
aprest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrig
So I used the slicer to upgrade to 6.3b. Everything went pretty smooth, but I'm not getting anything in the cron.test.out log, or cronlog-main.

ps shows /busybox/crond running, and "root" still gets me to the crondtab.

I'm not sure if the cron commands are not running, or if they're just not getting logged... What can I do to get this straightened out?

Thanks,
Matt
bigrig, did you ever get this fixed? I did the same thing and cron doesn't seem to be working - no automatic fakecall, Sunday reboots etc.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #2212
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprest
bigrig, did you ever get this fixed? I did the same thing and cron doesn't seem to be working - no automatic fakecall, Sunday reboots etc.
Yeah! rbautch posted the commands to fix it a couple of posts after mine, and cheer explained what they do.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...&&#post4685040

Matt
Old 01-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #2213
Carlton Bale

Quote:
Cloning the drive will work, but don't do a C&D or you'll lose networking. Instead, run 51killer.tcl. Another option is to download the slices yourself - they have been posted on DDB.
Woops, looks like I read this post too late. I performed at C&D and now have no networking. What did the C&D delete? I'm not quite sure what I need to re-install / reactive on my HR10-250 to get networking back. Thanks. . .

: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #2214
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

C&D, IIRC, completely rebuilds one's MFS; hence your networking going kaput.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #2215
bnm81002

Quote:

can someone help me in how to do this correctly please? what do I need and what do I do exactly? thanks
Old 01-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #2216
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
can someone help me in how to do this correctly please? what do I need and what do I do exactly? thanks
I seriously doubt that anyone reading this is going to lay this process out for you step by step. Reading and searching will give you the answer, but if you don't completely understand rbautch's response,then it may not be worth your time and effort to try it. Besides, this issue has nothing at all to do with the enhancement script, so your best bet would be to start a new thread anyways.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #2217
Carlton Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader
C&D, IIRC, completely rebuilds one's MFS; hence your networking going kaput.
I guess I don't understand how that would kill networking, because all of the programs and start-up scripts are still there. I thought the stock TiVo network drivers were being used. So what was deleted to kill networking? More specifically, what do I need to restore? I have v6,3 software, so I don't think I can run the zipper script. I went through the original steps I used to activate networking in 3.1.5, but those didn't seem to work in 6.3. Any ideas?

: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #2218
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale
I guess I don't understand how that would kill networking, because all of the programs and start-up scripts are still there. I thought the stock TiVo network drivers were being used. So what was deleted to kill networking? More specifically, what do I need to restore? I have v6,3 software, so I don't think I can run the zipper script. I went through the original steps I used to activate networking in 3.1.5, but those didn't seem to work in 6.3. Any ideas?
it reset the network settings. I haven't done it but I imagine if you ram the net-launxh.sh script in the /hacks you get them back.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 AM   #2219
avpman

Quote:
I spoke to a Level II tech at DirecTv a few days ago. Apparently a new update is about to be pushed down this month. He said they planned to start rolling it out around the 13th. Perhaps they pulled 6.3b in the mean time.
avpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #2220
speed_phreak

Network Issues after running the enhancement script

Hello all,

First time poster. I have done a lot of research on this matter and after killing an R10 with a bad solder job, I bought a SIR-S4080. I also am using a fresh download of instantcake 6.2 for the s4080-381 (downloaded 11/8/07).

I first tried the zipper. Which seemed to go very well, until it rebooted and was not accessable on the network. I have a netgear fa120 just to play it safe. The zipper appeared to initialize the interface and the activity light was seeing network traffic, it just wouldn't talk.

So I then tried a fresh download of ptvnet ( downloaded 11/14/07). This made my tivo accessable on the network, however, tivowebplus didn't appear to start.... strange...

But I really want all of the features of the enhancement script! So i ran that on top of PTVnet, rebooted, no network access Not even a link light, but it did turn on the fa120 power light.... kinda strange... I did not have the tivo connected to sat or a tv, but i don't think that should have mattered....

any ideas?

I don't have a console cable yet, but is that my only hope?

Edit: I am going to make a console cable and poke around tonight...

I am also going to:

1.) reimage and ptvnet the drive
2.) run tweak.sh
3.) run /enhancements/net-launch.sh again prior to sync;reboot

Last edited by speed_phreak : 01-15-2007 at 11:04 AM.
speed_phreak is offline   Reply With Quote