TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-27-2006, 07:39 AM   #2161
ruexp67

The Zipper includes a transfer rate test, but I believe it only works from Tivo to Tivo, not PC to Tivo.

I see 1.5MB/min from one of my Tivos, and I believe that it is actually an extra switch I have the Tivo Plugged into. If your PC and Tivo are on the same segment, you should see about 2.5MB/Min of transfer with TyTools. It's possible you had some extra traffic on the line durring your last transfer though, try again and see.
ruexp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 07:41 AM   #2162
ruexp67

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder
I was wondering if you could add Watch Now in the action box.. I think this option could be useful for easy access to watch shows on pc..
I don't believe Rbauch does any development on TWP, just the easy way to install it.
ruexp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #2163
Carlton Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Install it in /enhancements/varhacks/mfs_ftp, then run the /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh script.
I tested this out and had problems. The cache directory was not created in /var/mfs_ftp so it would not run.

Also, if someone reinstalls the enhancement script, will mfs_ftp be deleted from /enhancements/varhacks/mfs_ftp ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: devoted to documentation of everything TiVo

Last edited by Carlton Bale : 12-28-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Carlton Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #2164
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Bale
Also, if someone reinstalls the enhancement script, will mfs_ftp be deleted from /enhancements/varhacks/mfs_ftp ?
Yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #2165
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Is the script still supposed to ask about the showcases/yellow stars like it used to (says it is supposed to at the start of the thread)...it doesn't ask me the last couple of times I have had to run it and after 2 weeks the starts/showcases are still there...
Old 12-29-2006, 08:49 AM   #2166
Brillian1080p

I had 6.3a running great for a few days. Woke up yesterday to find all 5 million channels marked as received and no logos.

It was running so well I was getting ready to make a backup, but my DB35 500gb drive hasn't arrived yet.

I have the normal patches running. I would love to learn why this happened. I haven't been able to make much sense of the logs yet.

1. If I run tweak.sh again will it erase the patches?

2. Is it possible to run just the logo part of the script?
Brillian1080p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 AM   #2167
Brillian1080p

This morning while running tweak.sh it locks up at this point,

"Appending usb.map for backported drivers...
Do you want to install USB 2.0 drivers..

Backing up old drivers to lib/modules/backups-orig, installing new drivers...
mv: replace "/lib/modules/backups-orig/usbcore.o", overriding mode 0777?"

It sticks there and won't move. Never had this before, any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #2168
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillian1080p
This morning while running tweak.sh it locks up at this point,

"Appending usb.map for backported drivers...
Do you want to install USB 2.0 drivers..

Backing up old drivers to lib/modules/backups-orig, installing new drivers...
mv: replace "/lib/modules/backups-orig/usbcore.o", overriding mode 0777?"

It sticks there and won't move. Never had this before, any suggestions?

Thanks
Mount your drive rw.

or

Old 12-29-2006, 11:01 AM   #2169
Brillian1080p

I mounted it rw the second try. It still locked up. I'll try it again.

Appreciate your time though.

While your here, if the logos get wiped out again can I run just the logo part of the script?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #2170
Brillian1080p

4th time, still a no go.

I'm thinking a reboot is one option but I don't want to lose usb access. Any other suggestions?
Old 12-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #2171
CocktailsFirst

Upgraded SD-DVR40 DTiVo on instantcake-hdvr2-6.2-01-2-151.iso using Zipper 2.4 and it works great and was very easy! However, I'm trying to get multiple local channel feeds. Sub includes locals and older threads talk about running midupdate and mvchannels which does update the guide and I see the new locals info but once selected, all report either "not available in your area" or " call for ordering information". This includes trying LA which I thought was a national feed. 15-30 minutes later, the box reboots and I have my old locals again. Read multiple threads on Jumper's script but never actually found the script so I've not tested that possible solution.

Can I change my local feed in 6.2? I can't find anything on this subject after around 2002 and I've researched a great deal on the subject. Thank you for your assistance!
CocktailsFirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 01:26 PM   #2172
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

The national feeds in the 380's are now available only via a waiver if you do not qualify for them automatically. Getting a waiver is virtually impossible, so forget about that route.

The only other locals you'll be able to get are your own, in the 2-69 range on your receiver. If you can get those, then you cannot get the 380's. People are not allowed to receive multiple locals. Furthermore, even if you were allowed to, spot beaming of locals precludes the reception of multiple locals almost completely anyway.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:14 PM   #2173
CocktailsFirst

I was not looking for a legit way with a waiver. But thank you. The reason I'm looking to change the local feed received is that I have a cabin I go to from time to time and want to have locals there but it's outside of my HOME spot beaming. I want to be able to take my receiver from home and use it when on vacation all while receiving the new local feed. Thanks for your continued assistance.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #2174
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

If you wish to do that, you can call DirecTV and let them know you're travelling. They will deactivate your home locals and turn on the ones in your cabin area, then they can turn those off and your home ones on when you return home; however, you cannot have both areas legally on at the same time.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #2175
CocktailsFirst

I did not know I could to that. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
I was just trying to find updated or replacements for midupdate, mvchannels or Jumper's scripts that would allow me to change my local reception. The old versions of midupdate did allow me to change my home area and running mvchannels did pull up the new listing in the guide for that area. However, I was unable to pick up the broadcasts. I would imagine there is a hack for this since there were many for previous TiVo software versions. Anything?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #2176
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
Is the script still supposed to ask about the showcases/yellow stars like it used to (says it is supposed to at the start of the thread)...it doesn't ask me the last couple of times I have had to run it and after 2 weeks the starts/showcases are still there...
Yes, it's still supposed to ask. You can also run the showcase script manually - it's called /enhancements/sc62remove.tcl.

or

Old 12-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #2177
docderwood

6.3b on HR10-250

Can I run tweak.sh on my ptvupgraded unit? Do I need to transfer all the zipper tool files to the unit first?

thx
dj
docderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:53 PM   #2178
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Just the rbautch tar file, if you don't want to worry whether tweak.sh will fail trying to download that.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:13 AM   #2179
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
Yes, it's still supposed to ask. You can also run the showcase script manually - it's called /enhancements/sc62remove.tcl.
I ran this 3 days ago and I still have full showcases and yellow stars...why would this be happening? I set it to read/write of course first...how are the showcases and yellow stars updated? By phone line? I have it plugged in for caller id so is it possible it is still calling in? How do I check for this or "turn the call-ins off"?
Old 01-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #2180
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
I ran this 3 days ago and I still have full showcases and yellow stars...why would this be happening? I set it to read/write of course first...how are the showcases and yellow stars updated? By phone line? I have it plugged in for caller id so is it possible it is still calling in? How do I check for this or "turn the call-ins off"?
The showcase tokens change from time to time. It's possible it will take a few more days, and also possible it wont work at all. A better way to do it is to remove showcases from the main menu using Tuikhelper.

or

Old 01-01-2007, 03:30 PM   #2181
bnm81002

Quote:
The showcase tokens change from time to time. It's possible it will take a few more days, and also possible it wont work at all. A better way to do it is to remove showcases from the main menu using Tuikhelper.

this is true, I still have the Showcases on mine for awhile now, hey Russ, can you explain how to remove them from the Main Menu using Tuikhelper, please? thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 AM   #2182
pdawg17
Here's Julia!!

Quote:
But how about the yellow stars? Shouldn't that be gone by now?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:40 PM   #2183
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnm81002
this is true, I still have the Showcases on mine for awhile now, hey Russ, can you explain how to remove them from the Main Menu using Tuikhelper, please? thanks
I would if I knew how. It's not a trivial process. I made a request of the author of TuikHelper to develop this feature.

or

Old 01-03-2007, 05:57 AM   #2184
JohnCarver

My experience going from Bare Drive to 6.3b on a HR10-250

I had had two Seagate 300 Gig Hard Drives in my HR10-250, in a Weaknees bracket. Just before the new year, both drives apparently failed near simultaneously. I had been running unit with cover off, and a 3 1/2" fan blowing on unit, centered on MPEG decoder chips. Temperature ranged from 31 to 34 degrees C. Luckily, the failed drives are only 18 months into their 5 year warranty. Not wanting to wait ~2 weeks for Seagate to send replacement refurbs, I bought a new 400 Gig Seagate, on sale at Frys for $119.99, and decided to go with only 1 Drive. I bought the new PTVUpgrade image with the 6.3 slices preloaded.

First attempt, the warning on the TV screen prompted me to run "Clear and Delete Everything", which apparently also deleted the 6.3a and 6.3b files, so I started over again. Here are my steps to get most everything going in about an hour:

1. Switch IDE cables on a PC so CDs are on Primary. Boot the new Instantcake CD and install onto new Hard Drive (Having removed Windows HDs). Instantcake CD wouldn't boot from Drive B, so I booted from "Drive A", and moved the CD to Drive B before starting the "baking". I Could have just burned 2 CDs.
2. reBooted with a 12/16/2006 Zipper CD, and zippered the HD.
mount /dev/hda cdrom
/cdrom/zipper
( HR10-250 is a 357 model.)
3. Installed new Drive in HR10-250.
4. Telnet into Tivo to run tweak, but had to add a ibdl.so.2 file to the lib directory.
5. Run tweak. Carefully select options.
6. Buy slicer from PTVUpgrade, ftp slicer file to Tivo drive, and execute:
./slicer 6.3b-01-2-357. Took less than hour after reboot to get to working 6.3b
7. Everything worked but TivoWebPlus was not copied over, but I had backed it up to my PC, so I ftped everything for TivoWebPlus 3.0 over to root Directory in a TivoWebPlus Folder. I had to revert to an original ui.tpl to get logos again.
8. Had to run Guided setup to get my zip code so local channels would be correct.
9. Took 7 hours for local channels to re-appear, less than that for Program Guide to fill up.
10. New USB Drivers work great, extraction speeds of up to 2.2 Megs/Sec with Tserver to TyTool 10r4. On HR10-250, I have Linksys USB200m, and a Linksys Bridge WET54G, ver. 2, connecting to a Dlink wireless router DI-524. Maximum speed is when Tuners are set to Channels 0 and 1, unit in standby. Wierd things can happen trying to extract a file while both tuners are on HD stations, likely it's too taxing for DirecTv system.

Seems like OTA reception is better now. Could "Noise" from 2nd Hard Drive affect the RF input from OTA Antenna, as Drive was placed in such close proximity to that cable ??? With cover back on unit, temperature is a reasonable 44 degrees.

I am one happy camper.

Last edited by JohnCarver : 01-03-2007 at 09:10 AM.
JohnCarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:12 AM   #2185
gregoryb

Does the enhancement script work with a hacked hr10-250 running 6.3b? Will it break networking? Any gotcha's? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:58 AM   #2186
CrimsnTide

I zippered a friend's Hughes SD-DVR 40 a while back. He never hooked it up to his network at home - NEVER! He has since changed his router's IP address and other items within his home network.

Can I "re-zipper" (Step 3) to get assign new address of Tivo, Router and possibly wireless info? Can this be done WITHOUT screwing up his wifes shows already recorded?

If re-zipper is not possible, can I do it by re-assigning addresses if it is hooked to a network (changing router to old configuration, than changing it back)

His wife is ADAMANT about not losing recorded shows...

Thanks
CrimsnTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #2187
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsnTide
I zippered a friend's Hughes SD-DVR 40 a while back. He never hooked it up to his network at home - NEVER! He has since changed his router's IP address and other items within his home network.

Can I "re-zipper" (Step 3) to get assign new address of Tivo, Router and possibly wireless info? Can this be done WITHOUT screwing up his wifes shows already recorded?

If re-zipper is not possible, can I do it by re-assigning addresses if it is hooked to a network (changing router to old configuration, than changing it back)

His wife is ADAMANT about not losing recorded shows...

Thanks
Why would you re do the whole thing just to change an IP address?

Just either:

A) Change the IP of your computer to be on the same network, telnet in and change it.

or B) Use a serial cable and change it.

Adam1115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #2188
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryb
Does the enhancement script work with a hacked hr10-250 running 6.3b? Will it break networking? Any gotcha's? Thanks.
Works fine.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #2189
gregoryb

Upgraded my HR10-250 to 6.3b using Slicer. All working well after running tweak. Problem is with MRV. My other Tivo and Tivoserver shows up but when I select them it shows a copy of my Now Showing list. I have rechecked all network settings and MRV Name in TWP and all looks good. Any suggestions?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #2190
bigrig
∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞ ↔ ∞

From what I've heard MRV doesn't work. Yet.

Edit to add link - http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=331138

Matt