Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-21-2006, 10:20 PM   #2131
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengka
Has anyone seen this before? I have 3 copies of quite a few enhancement processes. I checked /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.author and I only see one entry, but here is what I am seeing from a ps -ef | grep tivo

272 root 372 S tivoftpd
289 root 5004 S tivosh ./tivocid --no-gui --tivo --call-prog --program /var/hack/bin/out2osd
295 root 5004 S tivosh ./tivocid --no-gui --tivo --call-prog --program /var/hack/bin/out2osd
296 root 5004 S tivosh ./tivocid --no-gui --tivo --call-prog --program /var/hack/bin/out2osd
302 root 7680 S tivosh /TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl
303 root 7680 S tivosh /TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl
304 root 7680 S tivosh /TivoWebPlus/httpd-tt.tcl
313 root 5728 S /tvbin/tivosh /enhancements/endpadplus.tcl -run 1 1 -seq -auto
314 root 5728 S /tvbin/tivosh /enhancements/endpadplus.tcl -run 1 1 -seq -auto
315 root 5728 S /tvbin/tivosh /enhancements/endpadplus.tcl -run 1 1 -seq -auto
333 root 632 S tivoftpd
341 root 536 S grep tivo

I just reran tweak to get some of the recent upgrades. I don't know what it looked like before I reran tweak.sh.
This is normal. I think BTUx9 posted an explanation recently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #2132
fredfillis
Linuxly Challenged

Quote:
18. Keeps Your Hacks Out of /var. The /var partition is the equivalent of a Windows recycle bin, and occasionally your Tivo will decide to wipe everything in there. The problem is that many hacks are hardcoded to use /var, and will not work if stored anywhere else. All such hacks installed by the enhancements script are stored in /enhancements/varhacks. The script creates symlinks in /var that point to the corresponding hacks in /enhancments/varhacks. It also appends the author file with commands to recreate the symlinks if /var ever gets wiped. If you want to move other hacks out of var, copy them to /enhancements/varhacks, and then run the script called var-symlinks.sh.
Having a brain fart today, can someone remind me how to do this with mfs_ftp, I'm sick of losing it and having to restore from backup?

mfs_ftp wants to be in /var/mfs_ftp
Old 12-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #2133
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfillis
Having a brain fart today, can someone remind me how to do this with mfs_ftp, I'm sick of losing it and having to restore from backup?

mfs_ftp wants to be in /var/mfs_ftp
Install it in /enhancements/varhacks/mfs_ftp, then run the /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh script.

or

Old 12-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #2134
aprest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader
I think the easiest thing right now for him to do would be to redo tweak.sh, choose yes to the USB2.0 drivers installation, and see if that works. It did for me.
I am curious what answering yes to the USB2.0 drivers installation does. If you are using a Netgear FA120 adapter do you need them or do you only need them if you are using a USB wireless device like Liknsys WUSB11 USB Network Adapter?
aprest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #2135
aprest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
The uninstall script uninstalls Jamies backported usb 2.0 drivers, so if your adapter depends on backported drivers, you would have to answer "yes" when tweak.sh asked you if you wanted to install backported drivers. Is that the case?
Where does tweak.sh ask if you want to install backported drivers? I see a question about USB2.0 drivers but not backported drivers.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:45 PM   #2136
aprest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader
No, that's the weird thing.

Here's the sequence of events that led up to this:

1. Installed Instantcake 3.1.5f
2. Installed Zipper
3. Ran tweak via telnet; FA120 was OK
4. Rebooted, FA120 was still OK.
5. Noticed that dummy me did NOT install Instantcake 3.1.5f w/ 6.3a slices, so I redid everything...

1. Installed Instantcake 3.1.5f w/ 6.3a slices
2. Installed Zipper (Note: this time I got a message telling me PTV upgrade was detected, do I wish to override PTV upgrade settings? I chose "yes" and continued.)
3. Ran tweak via telnet; FA120 was OK
4. Rebooted
5. FA120 stops working--lost connectivity.

I even rebooted once or twice more to make sure. Still no connectivity.

Any ideas?
I just spent several hours reading many of the posts over the past month on this forum.

I am having the same problem as Lord Vader and several other posters with my HR10-250. I succeeded in using the tweak.sh enhancement scripts on three of my HR10-250 STBs and then Slicing two of them to 6.3b (I will do the third one next week). I tried exactly the same approach on my forth HR10-250 and lose network connectivity through my FA120 after using tweak.sh. I tried from scratch (using the same CD as before) three times on a pair of drives (dual drives one being from Weaknees) that were unhacked containing 6.3a. Not matter what I did I lost connectivity after tweak. I then tried on a single drive that had already been hacked with Instant cake and PTVnet and the same thing happened.

It seems odd that so many of us with HR10-250s are having this problem.

Lord Vader I believe recommends running tweak.sh two times in succession which I think means not rebooting after completing running tweak.sh but instead typing in /hacks/tweak.sh - is this correct and does it work?

Also is there anyway that I can format these drives so that they contain no files? The reason that I ask is that two of the three successful installations that I had were on brand new Seagate drives.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #2137
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprest
I just spent several hours reading many of the posts over the past month on this forum.

I am having the same problem as Lord Vader and several other posters with my HR10-250. I succeeded in using the tweak.sh enhancement scripts on three of my HR10-250 STBs and then Slicing two of them to 6.3b (I will do the third one next week). I tried exactly the same approach on my forth HR10-250 and lose network connectivity through my FA120 after using tweak.sh. I tried from scratch (using the same CD as before) three times on a pair of drives (dual drives one being from Weaknees) that were unhacked containing 6.3a. Not matter what I did I lost connectivity after tweak. I then tried on a single drive that had already been hacked with Instant cake and PTVnet and the same thing happened.

It seems odd that so many of us with HR10-250s are having this problem.

Lord Vader I believe recommends running tweak.sh two times in succession which I think means not rebooting after completing running tweak.sh but instead typing in /hacks/tweak.sh - is this correct and does it work?

Also is there anyway that I can format these drives so that they contain no files? The reason that I ask is that two of the three successful installations that I had were on brand new Seagate drives.
This was an issue with PTVnet that has since been fixed. Make sure you have the latest version of tweak.sh before trying again.

or

Old 12-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #2138
rbautch
User

Quote:
Where does tweak.sh ask if you want to install backported drivers? I see a question about USB2.0 drivers but not backported drivers.
Same thing.

or

Old 12-23-2006, 08:31 PM   #2139
fredfillis
Linuxly Challenged

Quote:
Install it in /enhancements/varhacks/mfs_ftp, then run the /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh script.
Doh! It's that easy? I thought mfs_ftp was more complicated.

Thanks mate!
Old 12-24-2006, 08:11 AM   #2140
ForrestB

Is vserver still installed by the Enhancement script/Zipper?
ForrestB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:24 AM   #2141
kimsan
underling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestB
Is vserver still installed by the Enhancement script/Zipper?
Yup! It's in /busybox.

kim
kimsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #2142
ForrestB

Thanks
ForrestB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:33 AM   #2143
aprest

Quote:
This was an issue with PTVnet that has since been fixed. Make sure you have the latest version of tweak.sh before trying again.
Is the latest version the one dated 9/20/2006? That's the one I have been using.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:00 AM   #2144
rbautch
User

Quote:
Is the latest version the one dated 9/20/2006? That's the one I have been using.
No. Latest version is yesterday.

or

Old 12-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #2145
bnm81002

Quote:

did you update the enhancement scripts? according to the 1st post, it still shows 11-10-06 and not 12-23-06? thanks
Pioneer DVR810H-not in use
bnm81002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:02 PM   #2146
aprest

Quote:
Maybe I am stupid but are we talking about a tweak.sh file dated 12/23/2006 or a rbautch_files.tgz file dated 12/23/2006 that is included in the latest version or zipper.zip that I can find? The tweak.sh file in that zipper.zip is dated 9/20/2006. If I don't have the latest version of zipper.zip where can I get it?

Thanks, Art
Old 12-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #2147
addicted4life

Quote:
Maybe I am stupid but are we talking about a tweak.sh file dated 12/23/2006 or a rbautch_files.tgz file dated 12/23/2006 that is included in the latest version or zipper.zip that I can find? The tweak.sh file in that zipper.zip is dated 9/20/2006. If I don't have the latest version of zipper.zip where can I get it?

Thanks, Art
rbautch.files.tgz is what is dated 12/23/2006, it is updated often.

it's for the enhancement script that has all the goodies in it

when you run tweah.sh , it will download the rbautch.files.tgz for you.
enhanced, bufferhacked,twp1.31, MovieLoader
addicted4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:41 AM   #2148
luder

Hello every I just want to thank rbautch with this amazing script It's simply amazing

Thank you Have a KAsSHD

luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:14 AM   #2149
steve90071

attempting to remove yellow star and showcases

I have a hr10-250 running 6.3b, wireless network, and the usual hacks and no calls home either by network or phone.

I have attempted to remove showcases and yellow star using the sc62remove.tcl script in the "enhancements" but with no success. Any suggestions or advice?
steve90071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #2150
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve90071
I have a hr10-250 running 6.3b, wireless network, and the usual hacks and no calls home either by network or phone.

I have attempted to remove showcases and yellow star using the sc62remove.tcl script in the "enhancements" but with no success. Any suggestions or advice?
If it works at all, it will take a few days. The script merely signals tivo not to send you anymore showcases. It doesnt actually remove them.

or

Old 12-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #2151
luder

Whoh. this thread is bottomless.. as i was reading back there i notice there was a update so i updated 1.3.1 and this thing is nice i check all the modules and it seems flawless I then was curious about 1.4.0 so i did the easy way with the update and it loaded the update.. I also noticed some new splash screens .. I went to restart full on tivoweb and it didnt reset the dvr.. I had to reset the DVR in central-->settings Do i have to change .png splash or should i change both png.bak ?

I also have couple things going with 1.4.0 i'm not sure what it is but, i still see the star in central. Anyway to remove this?, I'm currently locked out of tivoweb I'm going to try to restart luckily i copied the server error before i got locked out...

Here is what i experience

Code:
 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_hackman '' ''
can't read "showconflicttext": no such variable
    while executing
"if {!$showconflicttext || $NoNotification} {

readwrite "on"
if {[file exists $inifile\.old]} {
file delete $inifile
file rename "$inifile\.old" $inif..."
    (procedure "MOD::action_hackman" line 15)
    invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

I also have a suggestion..

Is there a way to add a option in central to revert updated for tivoweb perhaps have parental password for access?

Old 12-26-2006, 07:34 AM   #2152
JWThiers
Smartypants

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder
Whoh. this thread is bottomless.. as i was reading back there i notice there was a update so i updated 1.3.1 and this thing is nice i check all the modules and it seems flawless I then was curious about 1.4.0 so i did the easy way with the update and it loaded the update.. I also noticed some new splash screens .. I went to restart full on tivoweb and it didnt reset the dvr.. I had to reset the DVR in central-->settings Do i have to change .png splash or should i change both png.bak ?

I also have couple things going with 1.4.0 i'm not sure what it is but, i still see the star in central. Anyway to remove this?, I'm currently locked out of tivoweb I'm going to try to restart luckily i copied the server error before i got locked out...

Here is what i experience

Code:
 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
--cut here--
action_hackman '' ''
can't read "showconflicttext": no such variable
    while executing
"if {!$showconflicttext || $NoNotification} {

readwrite "on"
if {[file exists $inifile\.old]} {
file delete $inifile
file rename "$inifile\.old" $inif..."
    (procedure "MOD::action_hackman" line 15)
    invoked from within
"$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
--cut here--

I also have a suggestion..

Is there a way to add a option in central to revert updated for tivoweb perhaps have parental password for access?
Did you notice the part about 1.4 being a beta and that not all modules will work with it? Hackman is one of the modules that don't work. It is being worked on.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #2153
luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWThiers
Did you notice the part about 1.4 being a beta and that not all modules will work with it? Hackman is one of the modules that don't work. It is being worked on.
Yeah, I was excited about upgrading .. I guess i sky dived with no shoot this time. But, thank god i landed in a pile of nails.. I just wanted to try it out and see how it ran.. like taking a peak look of Aismo before he came out.. I rebooted and notice that Silly putty is a okay to play with, but, at this point i can't crack the egg I'm getting hungry help a brother out..

Old 12-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #2154
sk33t3r

I love to watch people jump without shoots. I dont know why everyone is so quick to upgade.
HR21-200
HR20-100
DRD420re
sk33t3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 PM   #2155
luder

Check this video out http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmZyB_ghpa0

Update:

1.3.1 rocks thank God i made a tivoweb recovery folder Yeah!

but, just in case i still suggest some sort of revert all in central just in case off lock out .

Last edited by luder : 12-27-2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:37 AM   #2156
sjmaye
Techie Wannabe

Confirming USB 2.0

I lost caller ID and saw fakecall was not running successfully. I could not find out how to fix it, but thought I would re-run sh tweak.sh.

I updated it manually with the latest version. It ran successfully. Caller ID is back and I think fakecall is running OK.

Is there a way to confirm the USB 2.0 drivers are working OK?

I noticed my transfer rate dropped form ~ 2.2mbps to about 1.5mbps. Maybe just this moment in time, but it seemed odd. I never saw it that low before.
sjmaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #2157
luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmaye
I lost caller ID and saw fakecall was not running successfully. I could not find out how to fix it, but thought I would re-run sh tweak.sh.

I updated it manually with the latest version. It ran successfully. Caller ID is back and I think fakecall is running OK.

Is there a way to confirm the USB 2.0 drivers are working OK?

I noticed my transfer rate dropped form ~ 2.2mbps to about 1.5mbps. Maybe just this moment in time, but it seemed odd. I never saw it that low before.

Good to hear that you have everything running.. USB 2.0 drivers should be running fine if your able to connect to the dvr.. are you using tivoweb or tivowebplus?

What kind of connection are you using from your pc to dvr?

Old 12-27-2006, 04:58 AM   #2158
luder

Rbach i know your busy but, i have another sugestion:

I'm using Tivo web plus 1.3.1 and i checked out the RSS feed and to tell you the truth I love it.. I able to subscribe it using Firefox and it gives me a up to date list and this is absolutely brilliant.. I was wondering if you could add Watch Now in the action box.. I think this option could be useful for easy access to watch shows on pc..

And I can't thank you enough .. you have made tivo more enjoyable and made a night and day difference to our family thank you

Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 AM   #2159
sjmaye
Techie Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by luder
Good to hear that you have everything running.. USB 2.0 drivers should be running fine if your able to connect to the dvr.. are you using tivoweb or tivowebplus?

What kind of connection are you using from your pc to dvr?
Hi luder,

Thanks for such a speedy reply! Yes, connection from PC to DVR still works fine, just not sure that the speed is correct. I am running TioWebPlus, but the transfer rates I am posting are actually from Tytool.

I am running a wired connection between the PC to a Netgear FA120 on the HD D*Tivo.

Is there something that could confirm transfer speeds or that the USB 2.0 drivers are working OK?
sjmaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:27 AM   #2160
luder

I'm pretty fresh to Tivoweb

but, i can tell you that you got the best connection on your dvr..

However you can check your transfer speeds by using tytools by doing a test run on a show..

but, it sounds like you have already done this mine averages around 2 mb/s with the same cable setup so your now on smooth water..

As for tivowebplus lots of things have evolved so make sure your up to date make sure you back up your tivoweb folder on your desktop before you do any kind of experiments

p.m me if you have any more questions

Last edited by luder : 12-27-2006 at 05:34 AM.