TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #1951
ctromp
clownfish daddy

And now of course I can't run the tweak.sh again because I have no networking to download the files.

In operation: HR10-250
Not currently using: SD-DVR40

Percent of me that likes TIVO: 100%
ctromp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #1952
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Latest File

I just ran the script from the first page of this thread on one Tivo and it did not give the the menu move choices or move the hacks out of /var

I tried on another tivo and it connected to the internet and downloaded the latest file and this time, it asked about moving the menu items and crated the symlinks to /var.

Where can I get the latest sctript if my tivo will not connect to the internet?

Thanks
Human123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:58 PM   #1953
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human123
Where can I get the latest sctript if my tivo will not connect to the internet?
Download this : http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_tweak/rbautch_files.tgz
FTP it to the same directory where you have tweak.sh and run tweak.sh. It will find this file and skip the internet download.
Da Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #1954
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Goon
Download this : http://www.mastersav.com/tivo_tweak/rbautch_files.tgz
FTP it to the same directory where you have tweak.sh and run tweak.sh. It will find this file and skip the internet download.

Thanks for the info

I have tried this 3 times and it won't do the extra at the end where it moves the hacks out of var and asks about the menu moves.

I have ftp'd in binary to the same directory where tweak.sh and tweak-uninstall are located. I uninstall and then do sh tweak.sh and it installs, without the above mentioned items.

I chmod 755 rbautch_files.tgz and also did rw to make the disk writeable

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Old 11-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #1955
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Did you reboot between uninstalling and re-installing?
Old 11-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #1956
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Goon
Did you reboot between uninstalling and re-installing?
No i hadn't. I had never rebooted before when I have updated, so I never knew that was a step.
I won't lose telnet if I reboot after uninstall will I?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #1957
rbautch
User

Don't have to reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling. Only after reinstalling. You could uninstall/reinstall multiple times consecutively, and you only need to reboot after the final installation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rbautch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #1958
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

The newest version seems to require a reboot after running it. You shouldn't have any issues with running telnet afterwards. The uninstall doesn't touch telnet.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #1959
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbautch
Don't have to reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling. Only after reinstalling. You could uninstall/reinstall multiple times consecutively, and you only need to reboot after the final installation.
Thanks

Any idea why tweak.sh is not seeing the rbautch file I ftp'd to the same directory?
Old 11-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #1960
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Quote:
Thanks

Any idea why tweak.sh is not seeing the rbautch file I ftp'd to the same directory?

I think I found the problem. Even though I thought I had ftp'd a new tweak.sh file to the tivo, I noticed it had and older date. I ftp'd the new version of tweak.sh and I am installing now. It found the .tgz file and it is looking good.
Thanks for the help
Old 11-25-2006, 08:15 PM   #1961
ctromp
clownfish daddy

Ok. I ended up re-running PTVnetHD and was able to get my networking back. I re-ran the enhancement script and this time told it not to install the USB 2.0 drivers. All seems well except that I told the enhancement script to not overwrite the ptvnet installation. So now I think I have two installations of tivowebplus; one in /ptvupgrade/tivowebplus and one in a directory at the same level as ptvupgrade called /tivowebplus. So I'm thinking I will uninstall the enhancement script and run it again but this time tell it to overwrite my ptvupgrade installation. Sound right?

Old 11-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #1962
Human123
DTivo TakeitOrLeavo

Quote:
I think I found the problem. Even though I thought I had ftp'd a new tweak.sh file to the tivo, I noticed it had and older date. I ftp'd the new version of tweak.sh and I am installing now. It found the .tgz file and it is looking good.
Thanks for the help

Just in case anyone in the future may make the same mistakes I did, here was the problem.

I had an older version of tweak.sh that did not see the tgz file I had ftp'd over. Once I had the new tweak.sh file, it worked like magic.

I noticed it left the tgz file after I rebooted. Should I delete this 3Mb file, or is there plenty of room to not worry about it?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2006, 08:38 PM   #1963
ctromp
clownfish daddy

Installing the enhancement script also did not install the Hackman module. Any idea why?

Old 11-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #1964
rbautch
User

If you used the Zipper, it places a flag in your root directory that prevents Hackman from installing. Done on purpose to prevent novice users from killing their Tivos. Hackman is a great tool, but you need to read a little about it before you use it. It's easy to install after the fact.

or

Old 11-25-2006, 09:12 PM   #1965
rbautch
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctromp
Ok. I ended up re-running PTVnetHD and was able to get my networking back. I re-ran the enhancement script and this time told it not to install the USB 2.0 drivers. All seems well except that I told the enhancement script to not overwrite the ptvnet installation. So now I think I have two installations of tivowebplus; one in /ptvupgrade/tivowebplus and one in a directory at the same level as ptvupgrade called /tivowebplus. So I'm thinking I will uninstall the enhancement script and run it again but this time tell it to overwrite my ptvupgrade installation. Sound right?
Yes!

or

Old 11-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #1966
ctromp
clownfish daddy

Quote:
If you used the Zipper, it places a flag in your root directory that prevents Hackman from installing.
I used PTVnetHD.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:00 PM   #1967
rbautch
User

Quote:
I used PTVnetHD.
Hackman is an optional module not included in the main TWP distribution. Not sure what is supplied with PTVnet.

or

Old 11-26-2006, 12:52 AM   #1968
Da Goon
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Hackman is an optional module not included in the main TWP distribution. Not sure what is supplied with PTVnet.
I believe during the PTVnet installation it gives you the option whether or not to install hackman. It's been quite awhile since using PTVNet so I may be wrong.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:44 AM   #1969
ctromp
clownfish daddy

Right. I had Hackman installed fine with just ptvnet but after installing the enhancement script is is gone. I thought the enhancement script put a version of Hackman on.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:45 AM   #1970
ctromp
clownfish daddy

I uninstalled the enhancement script and reinstalled it choosing to overwrite the ptvnet installation as rbautch indicated above. Said no to installing the usb 2.0 drivers but my network is now nonfunctional again. What is going on?

Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 AM   #1971
rbautch
User

Quote:
I uninstalled the enhancement script and reinstalled it choosing to overwrite the ptvnet installation as rbautch indicated above. Said no to installing the usb 2.0 drivers but my network is now nonfunctional again. What is going on?
I suggest restoring a complete set of stock drivers. Maybe someone will be kind enough to extract them from a running a tivo and send them to you. Otherwise, reimage and start over.

or

Old 11-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #1972
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Russ, why wouldn't he have installed the USB2.0 drivers? When I reinstalled tweak.sh, I chose to install the USB2.0 drivers and my connection was back to normal. Perhaps his decision not to install them made things worse in terms of his connection.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:09 PM   #1973
rbautch
User

With the cobo of using PTVnet, then the enhancement script, perhaps the original drivers are no longer there. Difficult to say without seeing a console log.

or

Old 11-26-2006, 12:11 PM   #1974
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

I think the easiest thing right now for him to do would be to redo tweak.sh, choose yes to the USB2.0 drivers installation, and see if that works. It did for me.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #1975
captainjrl

Anyone able to get the folder manipulations to work? I tried using the TWP interface to do it but it does not seem to be taking? Any ideas or places I can read up on it?
captainjrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:16 PM   #1976
SteelersFan
"On Welfare"

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjrl
Anyone able to get the folder manipulations to work? I tried using the TWP interface to do it but it does not seem to be taking? Any ideas or places I can read up on it?
Try this instead. Much easier and more stable.
HR21-700, HR21-100
SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM   #1977
ctromp
clownfish daddy

Well the problem is that I can't get networking to work at all. So I can't reinstall the tweak.sh script. I can't even telnet into the tivo.

It's weird. All of the lights light up on my usb200m but it won't get an IP address. I've tried reinstalling ptvnet too.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #1978
Lord Vader
Dark Lord ofthe Sith

Use a serial cable and connect that way. That's how I ended up being able to redo tweak.sh.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #1979
ctromp
clownfish daddy

I've tried that too. But I only get a bash prompt for a couple minutes and then it goes away.

I'm not sure I'm actually doing it the best way though. I'm using Hyperterminal in windows. Are there any instructions that you could point me too for the best way to use the serial cable?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #1980
Knocka

I decided I would like to enable Caller ID. Is there a way to do this without uninstalling and reinstalling? I guess what I am asking is: Is there a way to only run one of the modifications at a time, rather than the entire package? Thanks.
Knocka is offline   Reply With Quote